I get the “it’s not worth it” making an album argument

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Grand Classic
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: I get the “it’s not worth it” making an album argument

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:57 am
Grand Classic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:29 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:18 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:11 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:26 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:30 pm Well it should be much less of a concern for musicians who are multi-millionaires. Many not not named Paul or Gene have no problem making new music, but yes - it is not good for newer artists. Having said that, it hasn't stopped them for making new music continually and to tour outside of the pandemic.

Paul did, and you complained about it. Surprise.

Well it's dogshit and something nobody asked for. If Paul wants to make a polka album next, are you gonna be a sunshine pumper about that too?
Ah, HeyMan is setting out his stall early for a royally whiny weekend, with the words "dogshit" and "pathetic" ready to go with keyboard macros, and an unkind word for all. :lol: :lol:
Nope. Just stating reality, which apparently triggers you. Have a good night.

Silly goose. You actually think you're important. :lol: :lol:
I am important enough to constantly get to you, have you respond and for you to call me by my legendary name.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:17 am
Grand Classic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:30 pm Well it should be much less of a concern for musicians who are multi-millionaires. Many not not named Paul or Gene have no problem making new music, but yes - it is not good for newer artists. Having said that, it hasn't stopped them for making new music continually and to tour outside of the pandemic.

Well it's dogshit and something nobody asked for. If Paul wants to make a polka album next, are you gonna be a sunshine pumper about that too?
Ah, HeyMan is setting out his stall early for a royally whiny weekend, with the words "dogshit" and "pathetic" ready to go with keyboard macros, and an unkind word for all. :lol: :lol:

I am important enough to constantly get to you, have you respond and for you to call me by my legendary name.
I'm certain you're genuinely arrogant enough to believe that, but in reality you're more like an annoying small dog that constantly tries to hump peoples legs. :lol:
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:26 am

I'm certain you're genuinely arrogant enough to believe that, but in reality you're more like an annoying small dog that constantly tries to hump peoples legs. :lol:
See - you are back. Thanks for proving my point. Are you going to do so again?
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:39 am
TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:26 am

See - you are back. Thanks for proving my point. Are you going to do so again?
For the love of all that is holy - shut up.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

And he does so again. :lol:
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:51 am And he does so again. :lol:
You must be a terribly lonely, ignored person, HeyMan. :lol:
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:54 am
Says the sunshine pumper on a KISS forum that can't get the hint that if he is trying to make the point that I am not important, the best way of doing that - is by ignoring me. But nope, he wants to spend his Saturday talking to me.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:00 am
Says the sunshine pumper on a KISS forum that can't get the hint that if he is trying to make the point that I am not important, the best way of doing that - is by ignoring me. But nope, he wants to spend his Saturday talking to me.
Oops, I've hit a nerve.

{{Singing}} HeyyyyMannn lonely boy
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:04 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:00 am
Oops, I've hit a nerve.

{{Singing}} HeyyyyMannn lonely boy
I am fine. Obviously I have hit a nerve with you. Again. You can't even stop talking and move on with your day. I guess you felt like having a Hey Man Saturday.
Mike5477
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Mike5477 »

FiveCardStud wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:09 pm I just watched this:

And it sort of gave me the epiphany that it really isn’t worth their time doing another album..

Gene is the type of guy who won’t do anything unless it makes money, albums still sold ok in 09 and 12 for them to justify doing it. After watching that video I can see why Gene really doesn’t have much interest in sitting in a studio. Just seems like a big waste of his time.

(I would love another album don’t shoot the messenger)

It’s Gene not Paul saying to not do another album, Paul did SS so he’s obviously happy to be in a studio, Gene has done nothing apart from that song for the vault and that was guaranteed money
I could watch video like this ALL DAY LONG!! I love this stuff!
Much Too Soon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Much Too Soon »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:57 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 am They’re finished with giving away their product to people who steal.
This is not rocket science boys and girls. No money No songs No deal.
Things have moved on since the 00's, illegal downloading of music isn't the issue it once was especially since the vast majority of content is now available free through legitimate platforms like Spotify, Deezer and Youtube. You can argue these platforms don't pay the artists enough, and I would agree, but they're not giving their music away and people who use these sites aren't stealing in they way they used to through peer to peer lending software.
Ha Ha GUILTY... but with an explanation. 🤦‍♂️ And again I recognize your contributions here as as one who always has to have the last word...
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:59 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:19 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:56 pm
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:46 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:20 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:12 am
Grand Classic wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:57 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 am They’re finished with giving away their product to people who steal.
I guess Paul didn't care about illegal downloading for SS.

Funny enough, illegal downloading is down incredibly from years past. It is far less of a problem. It has also been shown that people who illegally download, are more likely to buy music overall.
You have any documentation ....reputable sources? If something is up on YouTube and is copied is that tracked? ....Nope.
There are numerous studies that make this same point.

Study Again Shows 'Pirates' Tend to Be The Biggest Buyers of Legal Content

https://www.vice.com/en/article/evkmz7/ ... al-content
Ha Ha. A survey.....of 1000 people. Oh goody....that settles it :D
Google is your friend. Many studies have confirmed this since 2009 for fuck sake. I don't know why this is such a revelation to you.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/ ... more-music
Great Einstein. Pirates pay pennies on the dollar for music because the industry KNOWS if prices increased to 70’s 80’s and 90’s era music....the stealers will go back to ONLY ....stealing.

Such a pathetic attempt on your part to mislead with the “are more likely to buy overall”.

He he he ...yes...for “fuck sake”... https://www.riaa.com/reports/the-true-c ... s-economy/

Here ya go Brainiac
0A04E665-7CB6-424B-BC22-DDAD29850654.jpeg
Not to defend a fellow swede just because,

but Dee Snider can decide to not be on Spotify.

How much does Tidal give, with that one being "owned" by artists?

My guess - about the same.
Funny enough, Dee Snider has released a couple of solo albums in recent years and I suspect his recording career isn't over.

Granted, I do think artists should be paid properly by Spotify and other services, but it's never been cheaper to make an album, especially if you have your own home studio.

So if one is going to make an album on their own dime - especially people like Snider and other artists from the 80's, it is pretty damn affordable and not much of a financial risk vs the days of crazy album budgets in the 80's.
highvoltage1969
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Much Too Soon wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:31 pm
highvoltage1969 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:57 am
Things have moved on since the 00's, illegal downloading of music isn't the issue it once was especially since the vast majority of content is now available free through legitimate platforms like Spotify, Deezer and Youtube. You can argue these platforms don't pay the artists enough, and I would agree, but they're not giving their music away and people who use these sites aren't stealing in they way they used to through peer to peer lending software.
Ha Ha GUILTY... but with an explanation. 🤦‍♂️ And again I recognize your contributions here as as one who always has to have the last word...
Guilty of what exactly? I was just explaining how things have moved on since the 00's.
Kissoff
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kissoff »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:43 am
Kissoff wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:18 am
TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:00 am
Kissoff wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:38 am I've often felt Gene and Paul somehow get enjoyment out of making the fans squirm, regardless of how, such as making us all fret andwonder if we're ever going to get anymorenew Kiss music. I swear sometimes Gene looks like he's holding a bass or guitar for the first time in his life.
If you're genuinely fretting about whether there is going to be new Kiss music, it might be time to take a break. :idea:
How about disenguinely fretting, same rule?
If you are "disenguinely" fretting, its time to take a break from typing ;)
Got it. Good one. I like it!! What do you think about the way Gene sometimes holds the bass like he's not sure what to do with it?
AceInTheHole
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AceInTheHole »

B5Erik wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:00 am And, YES, Paul knows he can't sing KISS music anymore. Not to album recording standards. Listen to Monster. His voice is shot. He BARELY made it through that album, and on some of the songs, like Long Way Down, he sounds awful - even in the studio with retakes, overdubs, and punch-ins.

I don't know if any of you remember, but about 5 years ago there were stories coming out that they were writing and demoing songs. Both Gene and Paul hinted that maybe they were going to work on something. And then a few months later it was full denial mode - no new music, nothing to see here, move along...

I'm willing to bet that Paul tried, and the results were so horrific that even he had to admit that he couldn't cut it in the studio anymore. I think he knows what a beating he'd take online if they released a new album with his vocals in that state, and he couldn't handle that.
I remember that. One day I am watching Gene and Paul doing an interview and both were talking positively about doing another album. In fact I think it was more than just hinting. My memory is that Paul and/or Gene actually said there would be one and even talked about how they were going to find the right time and when that would be and so on. There was at least one thread on here about that interview. I forgot who it was with and what year. I wish I knew where to find it now but it's out there somewhere. Then a couple or a few weeks later both were totally against it in further interviews. I was stunned with the complete change. What happened in those few weeks? Maybe you just answered what happened.
muddfoot
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by muddfoot »

Not a lot of 70+ year olds are able to come up with new angry “stick it to the man” rock songs

On the other hand Cheap Tricks new album is very good

Have yet to listen to Alice coopers latest, but I bought it
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Kissoff wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:22 pm
Kissoff wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:38 am I've often felt Gene and Paul somehow get enjoyment out of making the fans squirm, regardless of how, such as making us all fret andwonder if we're ever going to get anymorenew Kiss music. I swear sometimes Gene looks like he's holding a bass or guitar for the first time in his life.
If you're genuinely fretting about whether there is going to be new Kiss music, it might be time to take a break. :idea:
Got it. Good one. I like it!! What do you think about the way Gene sometimes holds the bass like he's not sure what to do with it?
I hadn't noticed. Got an example?
Kissoff
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kissoff »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:45 am
Kissoff wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:22 pm
I hadn't noticed. Got an example?

Nothing convincing no. Maybe Family Jewels. Or that still of clip near top of thread.