Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10273
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Mr Slow »

I kinda wish Peter had used the green pinstriped vest and furry legs outfit more. I may be wrong but it seemed like he only had that look for the Phantoms movie and a few photo shoots. He also had a variation of the Bandolier design with one featuring the leotard underneath and one without. Have I missed any from this era?

Just a cool outfit. Probably my favourite look for The Catman character right throughout KISStory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
caligari
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5487
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:36 am

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by caligari »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:11 pm I kinda wish Peter had used the green pinstriped vest and furry legs outfit more. I may be wrong but it seemed like he only had that look for the Phantoms movie and a few photo shoots. He also had a variation of the Bandolier design with one featuring the leotard underneath and one without. Have I missed any from this era?

Just a cool outfit. Probably my favourite look for The Catman character right throughout KISStory.
Yup.
Vest and Black fur legs were Only the movie and solo album promo photographs.

Love Gun era - bandolier top - sometimes black top under/sometimes not.
User avatar
strutter78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:25 am
Location: Birmingham, Al

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by strutter78 »

Yep, I love the vest too. Looking at the photo, I forgot Peter had zippers on his pants. Eric Carr had similar zippers in 1980. Maybe the same costume maker.
User avatar
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1510
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:43 am

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by FiveCardStud »

I think it inspired Lemmy a bit
User avatar
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10273
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Mr Slow »

strutter78 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:30 pm Yep, I love the vest too. Looking at the photo, I forgot Peter had zippers on his pants. Eric Carr had similar zippers in 1980. Maybe the same costume maker.
‘81 but yeah, that is interesting that both outfits featured zippers. Personally, I think this was Eric’s worst costume.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Dr Borgo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Dr Borgo »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:48 pm
strutter78 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:30 pm Yep, I love the vest too. Looking at the photo, I forgot Peter had zippers on his pants. Eric Carr had similar zippers in 1980. Maybe the same costume maker.
‘81 but yeah, that is interesting that both outfits featured zippers. Personally, I think this was Eric’s worst costume.
Eric had zippers everywhere except the one place where there really should be a zipper 😂
L1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2731
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:21 am

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by L1 »

He looked awesome during this era!

There's also this version of course, which I guess was often the look during concerts (but obviously also at least at one point during a photoshoot). It's just the regular version minus the bandolier. Still looks cooool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Kissologist
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13060
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:35 am

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Kissologist »

Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
User avatar
C
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8444
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:32 am

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by C »

L1 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:56 am He looked awesome during this era!

There's also this version of course, which I guess was often the look during concerts (but obviously also at least at one point during a photoshoot). It's just the regular version minus the bandolier. Still looks cooool.
Dynasty belt!
Image
ejluther
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 6:52 am

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by ejluther »

Kissologist wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
Because cats wear vests?
Eddie Van Hazel
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7688
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

I always liked Peter's look during this era.

The vests, zippers, silver crosses...totally cool.
Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1657
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:11 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Velvis »

ejluther wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Kissologist wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
Because cats wear vests?
I was wondering the same thing....
User avatar
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10273
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Mr Slow »

Velvis wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:00 pm
ejluther wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Kissologist wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
Because cats wear vests?
I was wondering the same thing....
True, but I guess the vest could be seen as a form of hair/fur/skin. Bandoliers are usually reserved for outlaws in the Wild West. Ain’t never seen no gun slinging’ feline! 🔫 🐈
User avatar
I Am A FREAK
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6417
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: Milano Rock City - Italy

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by I Am A FREAK »

My favorite from the Love Gun era is the one with the cartridge belt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by scottbassist »

ejluther wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Kissologist wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
Because cats wear vests?
My cat does. 😁
User avatar
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10273
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Mr Slow »

scottbassist wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:11 am
ejluther wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Kissologist wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
Because cats wear vests?
My cat does. 😁
Ah but can your cat wield a firearm? 🤪
User avatar
Kissologist
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13060
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:35 am

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Kissologist »

Velvis wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:00 pm
ejluther wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Kissologist wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
Because cats wear vests?
I was wondering the same thing....
Image
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by scottbassist »

Mr Slow wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:32 am
scottbassist wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:11 am
ejluther wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Kissologist wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
Because cats wear vests?
My cat does. 😁
Ah but can your cat wield a firearm? 🤪
Well, my cat plays catch, like a dog does. True story. Ha ha. 🙂
User avatar
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10273
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Mr Slow »

scottbassist wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:48 am
Mr Slow wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:32 am
scottbassist wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:11 am
ejluther wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Kissologist wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
Because cats wear vests?
My cat does. 😁
Ah but can your cat wield a firearm? 🤪
Well, my cat plays catch, like a dog does. True story. Ha ha. 🙂
I had a cat like that back in the 90’s. It was hilarious. Our cat today just lays there staring at us with an expression that says “...da fuck you lookin’ at?!” 😁
User avatar
Rockandrolloverman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

I guess I’m in the minority but I thought that striped vest was ridiculous

It looked like something someone would be wearing walking down the street

not part of a “large of a life” kiss member’s costume

I like the ammo belt across his chest, I love the fur boots, but they had very few cat elements to his early costumes

But they more than made up for it on Dynasty!!!
User avatar
sneed78
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3055
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 am

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by sneed78 »

Yeah I dug that vest costume, but maybe make it more “catlike” with fur on the shoulders to match his gauntlets and boots from Phantom... and some tiger stripes and green accents since the solo colors had just been introduced: 🐯

Image
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by scottbassist »

Mr Slow wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:24 pm
scottbassist wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:48 am
Mr Slow wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:32 am
scottbassist wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:11 am
ejluther wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Kissologist wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
Because cats wear vests?
My cat does. 😁
Ah but can your cat wield a firearm? 🤪
Well, my cat plays catch, like a dog does. True story. Ha ha. 🙂
I had a cat like that back in the 90’s. It was hilarious. Our cat today just lays there staring at us with an expression that says “...da fuck you lookin’ at?!” 😁
Ha ha! I’m sure our next cat will look at us that same way. 🙂
spacedemon
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 2:45 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by spacedemon »

Remove the green color rendering and just have the black fur with the black vest and that costume would've been SICK!
User avatar
Lofton23rdSt
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

I can't believe he removed the bullet vest after the second song on the Reunion tour and was wearing MLB gloves.
User avatar
sneed78
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3055
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 am

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by sneed78 »

spacedemon wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:52 pm Remove the green color rendering and just have the black fur with the black vest and that costume would've been SICK!

🐯 🦁
Image
User avatar
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:38 pm
Location: Catawba NC

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Tallbear13 »

Kissologist wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:32 am
Velvis wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:00 pm
ejluther wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Kissologist wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am Altough an iconic costume (the bandolier, as mentioned here), it didn't made much sense with his cat character.
The vest one was more appropiate.
Because cats wear vests?
I was wondering the same thing....
Image
Thats right TC
User avatar
Kissoff
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:59 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Kissoff »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:11 pm I kinda wish Peter had used the green pinstriped vest and furry legs outfit more. I may be wrong but it seemed like he only had that look for the Phantoms movie and a few photo shoots. He also had a variation of the Bandolier design with one featuring the leotard underneath and one without. Have I missed any from this era?

Just a cool outfit. Probably my favourite look for The Catman character right throughout KISStory.
I love his silver #3 vest.
User avatar
Kissoff
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:59 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Kissoff »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:11 pm I kinda wish Peter had used the green pinstriped vest and furry legs outfit more. I may be wrong but it seemed like he only had that look for the Phantoms movie and a few photo shoots. He also had a variation of the Bandolier design with one featuring the leotard underneath and one without. Have I missed any from this era?

Just a cool outfit. Probably my favourite look for The Catman character right throughout KISStory.
I love his silver #3 vest.
User avatar
Kissoff
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:59 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by Kissoff »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:02 pm I can't believe he removed the bullet vest after the second song on the Reunion tour and was wearing MLB gloves.
I have set of Peter worn gloves in my storage from a roadie including black white tipped concert played drumstick.
whitesnake7575
Banned
Banned
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Re: Peter’s 1977/78 era costumes...

Post by whitesnake7575 »

Lesser seen variant :

Image
Post Reply