$125,000 for Vinnie's Handwritten, Rewritten Lyrics

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: $125,000 for Vinnie's Handwritten, Rewritten Lyrics

Post by LordThurisaz »

redinthesky wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:57 am
gabbagabba wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:43 am He'd look better if he started asking for money to survive, I'd give him $100 a month.
But this thing... this way I just think Vinnie is a slimy crook, with no dignity and he has no respect for his fans.
Frankly if Vinnie went on Cameo and charged $100 for a personalized video, where he said a few things to the buyer and did a few guitar licks, I bet he'd get at least fifty people to pay and earn a quick 5K in a surge of sales, and probably more. He just seems to constantly shoot himself in the foot, his way of thinking is a mystery.
...That is up until the point he doesn't deliver and Cameo boots him for trying to rip off buyers.
Tommyr
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Tommyr »

missingdiver wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:45 am I have no words.
Don't sell yourself short, you just typed 4 of them!

Vinnie is out of his mind.
Lofton23rdSt
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

People thought Vinnie had changed when he came back in 2018.
Last edited by Lofton23rdSt on Tue May 11, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodwilltowardsall
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Goodwilltowardsall »

JohnBergless wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:54 am I’m actually very interested - IF it can be broken down into sentences. Better yet - to one word. How much for one word? And is there an add-on option to request it in cursive writing? What will it cost me to get my hands on the lyric word “up” - excerpted from “I Love It Loud”? Let me know.
Find out what he charges for punctuation.
Diss

Post by Diss »

FiveCardStud wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:33 am This business model is stupid, he won’t get one buyer. He needs to be doing this at smaller prices so he has a bigger market, the absolute worms that are in his ear and running his business are the reason he fails, he needs to get rid of these weird yes men he has
Sure. And what's been his excuse for the last 30 years? The same yes men? The problem begins and ends with HIM. The imbeciles he surrounds himself with are symptoms of that problem. And that's a problem that will NEVER have a fix.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

I can see John Lennon’s handwritten Imagine fetching 100k+, but Vinnie Vincent?!?!

Right now I’m picturing our old friend The Sphinx at his bank, putting in a loan application! 😁
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Diss wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:04 pm
FiveCardStud wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:33 am This business model is stupid, he won’t get one buyer. He needs to be doing this at smaller prices so he has a bigger market, the absolute worms that are in his ear and running his business are the reason he fails, he needs to get rid of these weird yes men he has
Sure. And what's been his excuse for the last 30 years? The same yes men? The problem begins and ends with HIM. The imbeciles he surrounds himself with are symptoms of that problem. And that's a problem that will NEVER have a fix.
Vinnie doesn’t know how to make a website, someone did that for him a long time ago, probably a fan as VV doesn’t want to pay, that’s one person.

People are co-ordinating and planning his bashes for him, that’s another person.

Someone is also running his FB could be the same yes man as above

Whether it is the ex FAQ Egyptian history loving member doing these for him or others there is various people that are suggesting to VV these are good ideas for him.

We’ve seen VV’s mental state from the bash and he has admitted himself it’s not great so he’s not in a fit state to be making these type of decisions so if it is him suggesting these prices he needs steady knowledgeable people around him to show he can make more money by being sensible. Which is why I have a degree of sympathy for VV, he isn’t mentally right and no one is actually helping him with his image they are all hurting it and have been for a long time.

So in short yes I think there is powers that be around VV that have been complicit in this mess for a long long time.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

Doose wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:48 am How long before this "news" story is on Blabbermouth?
:lol:
https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-kiss-g ... or-125000/
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

FiveCardStud wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:19 pm
Vinnie doesn’t know how to make a website, someone did that for him a long time ago, probably a fan as VV doesn’t want to pay, that’s one person.

People are co-ordinating and planning his bashes for him, that’s another person.

Whether it is the ex FAQ Egyptian history loving member doing these for him or others there is various people that are suggesting to VV these are good ideas for him.

We’ve seen VV’s mental state from the bash and he has admitted himself it’s not great so he’s not in a fit state to be making these type of decisions so if it is him suggesting these prices he needs steady knowledgeable people around him to show he can make more money by being sensible. Which is why I have a degree of sympathy for VV, he isn’t mentally right and no one is actually helping him with his image they are all hurting it and have been for a long time.

So in short yes I think there is powers that be around VV that have been complicit in this mess for a long long time.
But that’s assuming a lot though. Maybe he pushes away those that don’t agree with his outrageous and warped methods. If you’re a promoter, artist manager or whatever, you can only do so much before you cut your losses and move on. Unless Vinnie has had the same team around him for the past few years (since he resurfaced) then it’s all on him.
Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Velvis »

Julien wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:27 pm Wonder if these come with video proof of him writing them out...
You have to take the word of people who watched him do it. I hear his penmanship shreds.
Vatreni
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Vatreni »

And the hits just keep on comin'!!!!!!!!
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:15 pm I can see John Lennon’s handwritten Imagine fetching 100k+, but Vinnie Vincent?!?!
Well, some did say John was a dreamer, but he's not the only one.
70skid

Post by 70skid »

What a sad situation. I feel sorry for VV. He and his handlers / enablers certainly don’t seem well.
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

Doose wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:12 am lol. Speaking of delusional...

Vinnie Vincent Handwritten Lyrics
$3,500.00 – $125,000.00

Own handwritten lyrics to any or all songs penned by Vinnie Vincent from both the KISS and Vinnie Vincent Invasion catalogs!

$3,500 per individual song.

$50,000: Complete Set of All 14 Vinnie Vincent KISS Handwritten Lyrics

$75,000: Complete Set of All 20 Vinnie Vincent Invasion Handwritten Lyrics

$125,000: Complete Set of ALL KISS and Vinnie Vincent Invasion Handwritten Lyrics

image.png

Link: http://vinnievincent.com/product/vinnie ... tenlyrics/

OH FFS!!!! :evil:

What in the hell is wrong with this man???
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

Den Dennis wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:30 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:15 pm I can see John Lennon’s handwritten Imagine fetching 100k+, but Vinnie Vincent?!?!
Well, some did say John was a dreamer, but he's not the only one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

I'm usually the first one to say someone can ask whatever they want and consumers can decide whether or not its worth the price----but in this case----wow. Just wow.

$3500 for one page----that makes the Monster book seem like a bargain.
kinetic74

Post by kinetic74 »

Totally going send a guy who cannot be bothered to do up a sample, instead using a cheap "handwritten" font and a pixellated signature, $3500 for a handwritten song...
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

But that’s assuming a lot though. Maybe he pushes away those that don’t agree with his outrageous and warped methods. If you’re a promoter, artist manager or whatever, you can only do so much before you cut your losses and move on. Unless Vinnie has had the same team around him for the past few years (since he resurfaced) then it’s all on him.
Yes that is true it is pure speculation from me here, however I think it’s more than feasible that VV has people around him just as crazy as him (see the people at the bash).

It’s the constant onslaught of absurd ideas and premises that makes me think it’s the same “management” of his image, I use the term very loosely there.

Like I mentioned it’s obvious to us his mental state isn’t great and I don’t see help around him at all just people who fuel the fire.

I’m sure if Ace had people around him telling him people would buy his handwritten lyrics for 125k he would do it without thinking like VV has. The difference being the people around Ace, I will add I think Ace’s manager is fantastic the amount of work and output Ace has put it over the last 20 years is great for someone so lazy and so late on in their life.

VV needs that, not this.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

Shipping Flat rate: $13.99
kwf484
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by kwf484 »

Folks should write out the lyrics and mail them to VV Inc.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

LordThurisaz wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:09 pm
redinthesky wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:57 am
gabbagabba wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:43 am He'd look better if he started asking for money to survive, I'd give him $100 a month.
But this thing... this way I just think Vinnie is a slimy crook, with no dignity and he has no respect for his fans.
Frankly if Vinnie went on Cameo and charged $100 for a personalized video, where he said a few things to the buyer and did a few guitar licks, I bet he'd get at least fifty people to pay and earn a quick 5K in a surge of sales, and probably more. He just seems to constantly shoot himself in the foot, his way of thinking is a mystery.
...That is up until the point he doesn't deliver and Cameo boots him for trying to rip off buyers.
Very true. And it's stuff like this with the lyrics that makes absolutely no one anywhere want to have anything to do with Vinnie Vincent. No one to blame but himself.
Hipster1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Hipster1 »

You gotta love this shit ..how can he not have a tv camera following him around is beyond me…where’s A&E when America truely needs them…you can’t make up this up
Easy Catman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Easy Catman »

He could have been remembered for saving Kiss but now... :shock:

How low can you go?
strutter78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by strutter78 »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:38 pm People thought Vinnie had changed when he came back in 2018.
I didn’t. I thought he was full of shit almost the moment he started his interview in ATL. It was obvious that he was the same liar as b4. But the EOTR Tour was coming.
Julien
Don't miss it!

Post by Julien »

Me thinks Vinnie enjoys being discussed more than he knows he’ll be exercising his handwriting… Hi V…
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Julien wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:46 pm Me thinks Vinnie enjoys being discussed more than he knows he’ll be exercising his handwriting… Hi V…
http://imageshack.com/a/img856/9090/jca.gif
image.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Vinnie Vincent, you and I have much to discuss! But first, you must join the boards. Lurk no longer ...
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

This is really sad. It shows that Vinnie is broke and/or mentally unwell.

When he resurfaced a few years ago, he had enough goodwill that I bet he could have cobbled together a decent living, creating a Patreon community or offering songwriting conferences or playing some club shows or traveling to conventions.

He quickly and completely blew that up and there's really no explanation other than he is a very dysfunctional human being and honestly, I don't wish that on anyone.

Gene and Paul rightly get played as the bad guys, but you can see how difficult it must have been to be in a major band with him.

Just sad.
TOMINO
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by TOMINO »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

I love Vinnie but of all of the ridiculous things in Ridiculousland, this is the top tier in the department of ridiculous.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

It’s actually cheaper to buy them individually rather than as a full set.

This is what I mean about the idiots working for VV.
banks

Post by banks »

I don't think there was meant to be quantity discount. Ordering them all at once is a neater "experience" and there's less trouble. And if someone is going to spend 119000 anyway, an extra 6000 probably doesn't hurt that much.

It's still ridiculous, but I think that may be the reasoning behind it. Idon't think that, with calculators easily available, one would make such a mistake. Less work for them and more money. (If someone actually buys something, that's another matter)
Tito

Post by Tito »

banks wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:33 pm the reasoning behind it
Seems generous to suggest there is reasoning behind any of this.
banks

Post by banks »

Tito wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 pm
banks wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:33 pm the reasoning behind it
Seems generous to suggest there is reasoning behind any of this.
I'm in a good mood this morning. The weather is excellent
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

It is just a bit on the expensive side! 🤣
Doose

Post by Doose »

Julien wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:46 pm Me thinks Vinnie enjoys being discussed more than he knows he’ll be exercising his handwriting… Hi V…
Kind of like serial killers collect and get off on their own press clippings.

Still doesn't get them out of jail.

Just as this doesn't lead to sales for Vinnie.

It's like sociopathic masturbation.
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

How much would actual music have to cost these days? That is, if he was willing to deliver such.

Could “Empty Box Volume 2” buy him a ride into outer space?
Glasgow Kiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

If anyone ever wonders again why some people have a seemingly unhealthy interest in Vinnie, there's your answer right there...nobody knows what the next insane scheme will be, so in that respect he's the gift that keeps on giving...he's the perfect balance of tragedy and comedy.

He's almost certainly incapable of touring in any meaningful manner, or indeed recording anything worthwhile (not that it would sell more than a few hundred anyway in 2021 - the time that FULL SHREDD would have been a selling point being 30 years in the past)
Moreover, his royalties have dried up thanks to constant ill-advised litigation.

This is what he's reduced to, and that's the desperately sad thing...he can't/won't engage in the normal things a musician would do to generate income, i.e tour and record, so he's currently engaged in selling anything he can get his hands on to make cash...witness the ten grand he wanted for a lot of old shite he found in the bottom of a drawer plus a couple of T-shirts last year, and now this.

Like I say, it's a fundamentally sad situation but the fact he consistently astronomically overvalues what he's offering adds the comedy to the situation and makes it irresistible in a way.
Last edited by Glasgow Kiss on Wed May 12, 2021 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

This is probably very much it. The problem with those silly games is that it turns off the people who would be interested in some legitimate Vinnie stuff (like ohh I don't know maybe a decent album :scratch: :lol: ) if he were to ever do anything like that. The likelihood of course seems extremely remote.

Vinnie has his hardcore 100 or so Angels and Shredders - (the most devoted of the devoted), but there are people who would be interested in his projects and are not interested in any of the games and nonsense he plays. I'm in that category - as are quite a few FAQers. But I'd imagine those numbers are dwindling a little. I don't even really click in the Vinnie threads anymore, they're basically a waste of time.. Maybe if there's a VV thread legitimately announcing the release of a good album; I might click.. Though at this rate its probably as likely as Radley's book...
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

Not sure who I pity more, Vinnie or his hardcore fans. Can’t be much fun having a raving lunatic as your hero.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:11 am If anyone ever wonders again why some people have a seemingly unhealthy interest in Vinnie, there's your answer right there...nobody knows what the next insane scheme will be, so in that respect he's the gift that keeps on giving...he's the perfect balance of tragedy and comedy.

He's almost certainly incapable of touring in any meaningful manner, or indeed recording anything worthwhile (not that it would sell more than a few hundred anyway in 2021 - the time that FULL SHREDD would have been a selling point being 30 years in the past)
Moreover, his royalties have dried up thanks to constant ill-advised litigation.

This is what he's reduced to, and that's the desperately sad thing...he can't/won't engage in the normal things a musician would do to generate income, i.e tour and record, so he's currently engaged in selling anything he can get his hands on to make cash...witness the ten grand he wanted for a lot of old shite he found in the bottom of a drawer plus a couple of T-shirts last year, and now this.

Like I say, it's a fundamentally sad situation but the fact he consistently astronomically overvalues what he's offering adds the comedy to the situation and makes it irresistible in a way.
Is he a musician?

He has had nothing to do with being a musician since the Revenge album..?
savage_dreams
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by savage_dreams »

nothing wrong with the business model, other artists do it. its the price that delusional. dUg Pinnick of King's X does it, at $100 a song.
Torpedo_Boy
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Torpedo_Boy »

This was my exact thought. I bet he has a couple of "die-hard" fans who probably won't bat an eye to buy at these prices - and so if he sells 10 lyric sheets @ $3,500 each instead of 50 @ $250, he's brought in an extra $22,500. The thing that cracks me up is that the cost of each lyric sheet is cheaper if you buy them individually, than if you take him up on one of his bundles. :lol:
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:24 am Less work to get one sucker to cough up a lot, than to have many midsize-suckers cough up a little.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

“How much for the lyrics to a Vinnie Vincent Song?”
- “Thirty-five hundred dollars sir…..”
“Thirty-five hundred dollars!?!? - Good Lawwwddd - thatsa lotta money..
Can you gimme the word “Lick” for eighteen bucks??”
AnthonyTyler
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AnthonyTyler »

Nice font.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Phyllis Simmons wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:13 am
This is probably very much it. The problem with those silly games is that it turns off the people who would be interested in some legitimate Vinnie stuff (like ohh I don't know maybe a decent album :scratch: :lol: ) if he were to ever do anything like that. The likelihood of course seems extremely remote.
That's about where I land... I don't consider myself a supporter or hater, but I see nonsense like this and I can't help but think WTF? And the problem is it starts to legitimize the venom the 'haters' spew. You start to think, well...they ain't wrong about their overall point, even if they're over the top about it. If you gotta pick a side, it's sorta impossible to pick the side charging $125k for about fifty cents worth of paper.
Diss

Post by Diss »

I don't disagree with that. My point is that Vinnie's a sociopathic fruitcake, and that's why he naturally gravitates toward and works with other incompetent, mentally unstable types. He's had no shortage of well-adjusted people trying to give him good advice and telling him the right way to go about things. Those aren't the people he's interested in listening to. So he will ALWAYS have these types of people around him. In fact, he always HAS. Their names and faces and combined weights change, but the personality traits do not. That's a result of Vinnie himself, not of these "bad people" swooping in and steering him in bad directions. Vinnie is the ultimate source of the shit that is his "career" and reputation.
vdojaq
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by vdojaq »

I rest my case at Vinnie being a delusional fucktard.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Blabbermouth: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-ki ... or-125000/

Ex-KISS Guitarist VINNIE VINCENT Is Selling Set Of Handwritten Lyrics For $125,000

...In November 2019, KISS manager Doc McGhee claimed that all former members of the group have been contacted about possibly taking part in the band's last-ever tour.

Prior to the "End Of The Road" launch, Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons weren't very enthusiastic about the prospect of an onstage collaboration with Vinnie Vincent. "Now Vinnie, that's one exception, and for so many reasons," Stanley told Guitar World. "I would say that's not someone who I want to celebrate."

Simmons also chimed in, explaining that "it's worth stating that Vinnie has sued the band and lost 14 times. I'm not here to cast any aspersions. He's a talented guy. That's why he was in the band. But would I depend on him to get up onstage and do anything? Never. … Can he come to the shows? Of course! Anybody can. But onstage? Never."

In April 2018, Vincent joined Simmons at the KISS bassist/vocalist's "Vault" event in Nashville, Tennessee. He later said in an interview that he felt that got "a cold reception" and was "treated very indifferently" by Gene at the event.

The comments on the article are funny.
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

Doose wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:18 amThe comments on the article are funny.
I was amazed they posted the news with barely a trace of editorializing. I guess they know the commentary crew below will take care of that.