Walmart Vinyl Mania Week

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Walmart Vinyl Mania Week

Post by ftjr1974 »

ZachAttack wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:05 am
ftjr1974 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:50 am
Arrogant wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:44 am
ftjr1974 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:10 am And somehow it's already sold out literally minutes after posting to the Walmart site.
It's not sold out.

Currently available - though I can't imagine who'd actually buy it.
I'll order 20 and then resell them for hundreds of dollars on ebay and discogs
Sounds like literally every member in the Kiss vinyl collector groups on Facebook. They show a photo of their cart in Walmart with like 20 of the same record and claim "oh I bought these to give away to friends". Year right
It makes me sick! Somehow someway those people should be prosecuted!!!
Gmblr812
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Gmblr812 »

I pre-ordered the Frank Sinatra Blue & White vinyl instead!
Ole Blue Eyes get the nod!
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

I haven't bought the original pressing of "KISSWorld" because I didn't really need another comp, but that vinyl looks way too cool to pass up.
Ace Cadet
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Ace Cadet »

miinsane wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:13 am I haven't bought the original pressing of "KISSWorld" because I didn't really need another comp, but that vinyl looks way too cool to pass up.

You’re going to pay a lot more than you planned. They all are bought and are on eBay for 150
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

Ace Cadet wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:17 am
miinsane wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:13 am I haven't bought the original pressing of "KISSWorld" because I didn't really need another comp, but that vinyl looks way too cool to pass up.

You’re going to pay a lot more than you planned. They all are bought and are on eBay for 150
Again this bullshit needs to be stopped!!!
Ace Cadet

Post by Ace Cadet »

ftjr1974 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:51 am

I don’t see how. Limit one per hour per IP address? 🤷‍♂️
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

Ace Cadet wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:53 am

Where there's a will there's a way. Price gouging is illegal and an unfair business practice. I'll reach out to Congress my damn self.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Well, in the case of this album, it might come to bite them in the ass. :D It's still readily available for preorder...and I wouldn't be surprised if it remains readily available for a good while. It might end up clearanced to unload them...because who gives a shit about Kissworld? The regular black vinyl is available for $20.49 at Amazon, and for less than most double albums go for at numerous online shops...probably because it's not a popular seller.
OHKISSFAN
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Works out great for me - never owned it on Vinyl.

Just ordered the Double Red Swirled Exclusive version Walmart posted!
Ace of Bass
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ace of Bass »

ftjr1974 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:10 am And somehow it's already sold out literally minutes after posting to the Walmart site.
It's not sold out.

Sounds like literally every member in the Kiss vinyl collector groups on Facebook. They show a photo of their cart in Walmart with like 20 of the same record and claim "oh I bought these to give away to friends". Year right
To give away to friends who first PayPal them $100 + shipping.
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

Looks like it’s still available…
Ace Cadet

Post by Ace Cadet »

mikeenc wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:29 pm Looks like it’s still available…

Yeah, just saw that. A pre order
Ace Cadet

Post by Ace Cadet »

John Connor wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:11 am
joma5477 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:03 am
joma5477 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:31 am Unless it's the OTS release in an exclusive Walmart color, seem like it's most likely to be a 'greatest hits' release in an exclusive color vinyl... What do we think it's going to be? Kissworld? That has already been done in a color vinyl release...but might still be the most likely.
Unfortunately, I called it... Kissworld. It's also somehow out of stock immediately when it went live...but who gives a shit, honestly?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kiss-Kisswor ... /897132666
I'd never even looked at the KISSWORLD track listing until now. It is awesomely random, I'll give it that.
I wish it would have been YWTBYGTB vinyl. I remember when it came out on CD. I stared at it in disbelief. The 4 originals in make up back together. I didn’t care what was on it. I wanted it. Being it was the CD days I didn’t even think about a vinyl version even though I am an original Kiss Army member from back in the day when vinyl was alive and well. I still don’t have it on vinyl. Wish I did.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Ace of Bass wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:16 pm
It's not sold out.

Well, they do ask them to send payment via friends and family, after all...
Ace of Bass
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ace of Bass »

joma5477 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:43 pm
It's not sold out.

Well, they do ask them to send payment via friends and family, after all...
😂 it’s only a “gift”
moshpitwookie
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by moshpitwookie »

Here's my whole thinking behind the whole flipping the vinyl on ebay or whatever:

These "limited exclusive" vinyls are priced a little high, high enough that people on here complain, but still affordable when they are released on KISSonline. Many times I see people on here complain about the price. I buy two copies. I keep one, then sell the other on ebay for twice as much as I paid for it. So essentially the copy I keep is free. Who doesn't like free?

If you don't want to pay ebay prices, just buy your copy when it is released on KISSonline. Don't wait, don't flip flop back and forth in your thinking. Just buy it.

I can see that it's frustrating to see the album you wanted to purchase be sold out and in some cases over triple the price on ebay. But you really can't begrudge somebody for figuring out a way to not only get a free copy but to make some cash on the deal for something you didn't want in the first place and have no intention of buying.

As far as this release goes, the Walmart exclusive KISSWorld, I don't see any reason to justify that $150 price on Ebay. I think that seller is delusional.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

moshpitwookie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:50 pm Here's my whole thinking behind the whole flipping the vinyl on ebay or whatever:

These "limited exclusive" vinyls are priced a little high, high enough that people on here complain, but still affordable when they are released on KISSonline. Many times I see people on here complain about the price. I buy two copies. I keep one, then sell the other on ebay for twice as much as I paid for it. So essentially the copy I keep is free. Who doesn't like free?

If you don't want to pay ebay prices, just buy your copy when it is released on KISSonline. Don't wait, don't flip flop back and forth in your thinking. Just buy it.

I can see that it's frustrating to see the album you wanted to purchase be sold out and in some cases over triple the price on ebay. But you really can't begrudge somebody for figuring out a way to not only get a free copy but to make some cash on the deal for something you didn't want in the first place and have no intention of buying.

As far as this release goes, the Walmart exclusive KISSWorld, I don't see any reason to justify that $150 price on Ebay. I think that seller is delusional.
Kinda hard to do with something like Killers where most of the stores that sold it ended up never actually receiving it. I had the same problem with a Kreator box set recently. Ordered it from 4 stores and only 1 actually ended up getting it.
mekmad
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by mekmad »

Disappointing since they already released the yellow.
johare
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by johare »

I really don't get the fascination or attraction to colored vinyl. Unless it's a picture disc, records should be black. Even though they're priced the same, I chose to pre-order Off the Soundboard in black vinyl instead of that shart stain look they have on the limited edition. :)
SaintN'Sinner83
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 »

johare wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:41 pmUnless it's a picture disc, records should be black.
Why?

BTW - black is coloured vinyl, too.
johare
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by johare »

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:47 pm
johare wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:41 pmUnless it's a picture disc, records should be black.
Why?

BTW - black is coloured vinyl, too.
Guess it's just the nostalgia part of it. Aside from the solo album picture discs, every album I owned was black vinyl. I do have Destroyer Resurrected now in Walmart Orange and a Trans-Siberian Orchestra album in Walmart White. :)
ludzil

Post by ludzil »

I was hoping that is was going to be Sonic Boom. I was all in for that. Oh well...
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the red vinyl. It's still available for anyone interested.
battra

Post by battra »

It's not sold out.

This is a big part of why I don't work hard for Kiss vinyl.

It's like...just chuck it in the fuck it bucket....about 200 dudes are gonna buy them all up to flip them.

Now that I have the debut on OG, no original pressing, vinyl...I am only really pining for Alive III, and if I never get a copy of it, I'll deal.
battra

Post by battra »

moshpitwookie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:50 pm Here's my whole thinking behind the whole flipping the vinyl on ebay or whatever:

Agreed.

Deplete the supply to increase the demand!!

It's all about gouging fellow fans.
Ace of Bass
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ace of Bass »

battra wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:38 pm
It's not sold out.

This is a big part of why I don't work hard for Kiss vinyl.

It's like...just chuck it in the fuck it bucket....about 200 dudes are gonna buy them all up to flip them.

Now that I have the debut on OG, no original pressing, vinyl...I am only really pining for Alive III, and if I never get a copy of it, I'll deal.
I hope you find it. I have the 180 g repress, but only after setting up an Amazon tracker to tell me when it randomly cratered in price.
battra

Post by battra »

Ace of Bass wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:30 pm I hope you find it. I have the 180 g repress, but only after setting up an Amazon tracker to tell me when it randomly cratered in price.
I had a copy in my hands...$30...a couple months ago...whipped out the debit card...

Walked outside to look at the LPs...

One of them...was Alive II...

I walked back in feeling loads of sadness.
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

Just got the notice that my copy of "KISSWorld" shipped today. Should be here by Friday.
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

ftjr1974 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:57 amWhere there's a will there's a way. Price gouging is illegal and an unfair business practice. I'll reach out to Congress my damn self.
“The Bill inspired by KISS!”
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

miinsane wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:39 pm Just got the notice that my copy of "KISSWorld" shipped today. Should be here by Friday.
Got a email as well, arrival due the 25th. Witch is fine because that’s my birthday!
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

pepperkitty wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:07 pm
miinsane wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:39 pm Just got the notice that my copy of "KISSWorld" shipped today. Should be here by Friday.
Got a email as well, arrival due the 25th. Witch is fine because that’s my birthday!
Mine said arrival on the 25th as well. FedEx says it should be here by Friday.

I'm wondering if that's when the variant will hit the store shelves.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

ftjr1974 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:57 am

Where there's a will there's a way. Price gouging is illegal and an unfair business practice. I'll reach out to Congress my damn self.

it is not price gouging. price gouging is when you charge way too much on a necessary item durning an emergency.
Randall Stevens
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Randall Stevens »

scottbassist wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 am
missingdiver wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:47 am Off topic but my local walmart has the really cool Love gun world tour 77 shirt for sale for $7.88...very cool shirt!
Yep. I bought one a couple weeks back. I usually don’t buy tour-like shirts from stores, because I prefer to purchase actual tour shirts at the concerts I attend. I was too young in 1977 to attend a concert. But the new retro LG World Tour shirt from Walmart is really cool. I’m contemplating getting a second shirt because it looks great, it’s so inexpensive and I’m so tough on shirts. 😎
Ive seen the Love Gun recently, only in size small though. I picked up one I hadn't seen before. KISS in early 75(?) Costumes, in front of a fire truck. With the words "On Tour"... no year. For 7 bucks though, I'll pop.
ClevelandRocker
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by ClevelandRocker »

Mine came today.
20210520_125258.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Got mine today as well!
Ace Cadet

Post by Ace Cadet »

Randall Stevens wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:42 pm
missingdiver wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:47 am Off topic but my local walmart has the really cool Love gun world tour 77 shirt for sale for $7.88...very cool shirt!
Yep. I bought one a couple weeks back. I usually don’t buy tour-like shirts from stores, because I prefer to purchase actual tour shirts at the concerts I attend. I was too young in 1977 to attend a concert. But the new retro LG World Tour shirt from Walmart is really cool. I’m contemplating getting a second shirt because it looks great, it’s so inexpensive and I’m so tough on shirts. 😎
Ive seen the Love Gun recently, only in size small though. I picked up one I hadn't seen before. KISS in early 75(?) Costumes, in front of a fire truck. With the words "On Tour"... no year. For 7 bucks though, I'll pop.

I want the yellow RARO shirt
highvoltage1969

Post by highvoltage1969 »

I snagged 30 copies using multiple accounts, happy to sell you one for $600 plus $25 shipping.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:49 pm I snagged 30 copies using multiple accounts, happy to sell you one for $600 plus $25 shipping.
I hope people did that with this release because they'll probably lose money trying to unload them...
highvoltage1969

Post by highvoltage1969 »

joma5477 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:05 pm
highvoltage1969 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:49 pm I snagged 30 copies using multiple accounts, happy to sell you one for $600 plus $25 shipping.
I hope people did that with this release because they'll probably lose money trying to unload them...
Of course they will. It looks bloody horrible anyway, why anyone would want it in the first place is beyond me.
Randall Stevens
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Randall Stevens »

Ace Cadet wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:36 pm

I want the yellow RARO shirt
Heres a pic. Pretty cool.
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Just saw a photo of the vinyl on Facebook, and the damn thing looks AMAZING!!!!!
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:49 pm

I snagged 30 copies using multiple accounts, happy to sell you one for $600 plus $25 shipping.
:D
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scottbassist »

That sounds cool! I think I’ve seen that shirt.

Hold tight if you want the LGWT77 shirt. My Walmart stores got more in, so all shirt sizes are available. Hopefully your store will get more, too.
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

:lol: These are products sold on the free market (i.e. everyone in the USA had the exact same chances FOR DAYS at ordering). Where is the price gouging? What overriding human need (shelter, security, transportation, etc) is met by being allowed to purchase?
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

100% correct on all points. None of these LP's have sold out in under a day, not even the red Dressed To Kill.
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

ZachAttack wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:06 pm

Kinda hard to do with something like Killers where most of the stores that sold it ended up never actually receiving it. I had the same problem with a Kreator box set recently. Ordered it from 4 stores and only 1 actually ended up getting it.
Sound of Vinyl, and certainly KISSonline have these rereleases. Not often has SOV not sold KISS color vinyl, but to be sure buy at KOL. Ignore the one off sellers. I think some of them posted the LP's knowing they would not be receiving them.
Much Too Soon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Much Too Soon »

AF7B9A2A-90C1-4891-B9ED-FC1E74FEBAB6.jpeg
Much Too Soon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Much Too Soon »

C44B38AF-EE14-41B6-AF26-35FD1A404E62.jpeg
Ace of Bass
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ace of Bass »

Much Too Soon wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:01 pm C44B38AF-EE14-41B6-AF26-35FD1A404E62.jpeg
Haha. We use the same joke in Laserdisc world too.
battra

Post by battra »

Much Too Soon wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:01 pm C44B38AF-EE14-41B6-AF26-35FD1A404E62.jpeg
The expense begets a greater audio product and the inconvenience begets a more important listening experience.

So, yes, that describes me to a T.

We're going to be moving soon and yes, my vinyl collection is a major concern for the new place. :)