Walmart Vinyl Mania Week

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Walmart Vinyl Mania Week

Post by miinsane »

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/05/07/w ... mania-week

KISS is mentioned in the list of albums that are being released for this event.

Anyone have any guesses to what it might be?
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: Walmart Vinyl Mania Week

Post by battra »

If it's Sonic Boom...

I'm gonna break my Walmart boycott....
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

battra wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:50 am If it's Sonic Boom...

I'm gonna break my Walmart boycott....
That would be awesome.
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

I would imagine it's the love gun splatter significantly discounted.
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

ftjr1974 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:14 am I would imagine it's the love gun splatter significantly discounted.
I'd like to think that wouldn't be significant enough to warrant a mention in the article.

Then again, it's Walmart, so who knows?
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Off the soundboard...
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

FiveCardStud wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:03 pm Off the soundboard...
Yep very possible.
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

FiveCardStud wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:03 pm Off the soundboard...
It would be cool to see an exclusive release of this, but I would think that they would go for something more "mainstream". I wouldnt think that "OTS" would have more of a niche market that isn't going to be shopping at Walmart.
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

And, "Off The Soundboard" isn't scheduled for release until 6/1. Do you think that the band would let Walmart release the album before KOL ships it?
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

miinsane wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:33 pm And, "Off The Soundboard" isn't scheduled for release until 6/1. Do you think that the band would let Walmart release the album before KOL ships it?
Who knows?

Coloured vinyl could be anything if it’s an olde release from LG to Rocks Vegas
Ace of Bass
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ace of Bass »

I’m waiting with baited breath for this one. I hope it’s something cool, like a colored Alive II.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

I’m curious to find out what KISS album is available.

It says it starts tomorrow, but will have new sales each day this week. Hopefully, we all are happy with a KISS title!
WhoDaresWins
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by WhoDaresWins »

well, Kiss Alive 2 and the Elder haven't been released yet on coloured vinyl
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

WhoDaresWins wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:35 pm well, Kiss Alive 2 and the Elder haven't been released yet on coloured vinyl
Creatures of the Night glow in the dark colored vinyl would be awesome.
GACatmandu
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by GACatmandu »

I'm confused. Is this just going to be an online thing?
OHKISSFAN
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Walmart's Vinyl Mania starts in 1 hour!
...And yes, it's only online.
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

So far I don't see anything to get maniacal about. I've refreshed the site several times.
GACatmandu

Post by GACatmandu »

I have a feeling it's just going to be Love Gum and/or Destroyer Resurrected when the KISS one is announced.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

ftjr1974 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:56 am So far I don't see anything to get maniacal about. I've refreshed the site several times.
Yeah, so far this made KISS' Dubai countdown look 'big'. Nothing special to buy and the prices aren't attractive either.

The random Black Friday sales they had the month of Nov where one was all vinyl for $15 a pop was WAY more impressive... I think I bought like 18 albums that weekend! This, though...I don't even know why they advertised this as some 'event'. Granted, there has to be more to come, but even so... Beyond underwhelming.
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

Well the site has updated with Monday's special releases. I think we may have a hint for what's to come for Kiss. Today shows a release for Rush Icons on Cobalt Blue vinyl. So I'm wondering if a Kiss Icon will be the special release.
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

That could not have possibly been more overblown. They literally had the same pricing on everything I looked at yesterday.

I bought hundreds of LPs during the $15 sale last winter. I left the two prepurchases I picked out today in the cart and will buy them in person.
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

Checked it out a few minutes ago, the Bob Seger Live Bullet Red Vinyl looked cool. Great Live Show, May have to pick that one up!
KissAlive35_09
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by KissAlive35_09 »

No Kiss release today either.
missingdiver

Post by missingdiver »

Off topic but my local walmart has the really cool Love gun world tour 77 shirt for sale for $7.88...very cool shirt!
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

missingdiver wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:47 am Off topic but my local walmart has the really cool Love gun world tour 77 shirt for sale for $7.88...very cool shirt!
I just got a cool Kiss shirt at Kohls with the faces of the 4 originals.
GeneSemens
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by GeneSemens »

Idk if this is it or not because I haven't been paying attention to vinyl releases lately, but I saw this on their site

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kiss-Love-Gu ... /625572574
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

GeneSemens wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:32 am Idk if this is it or not because I haven't been paying attention to vinyl releases lately, but I saw this on their site

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kiss-Love-Gu ... /625572574
That came out last year.

Did Ros join a band? Check out the release date for this preorder...
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

Twos days (Tuesday) gone and no KISS yet.
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

Wake me when Sonic Boom shows up!
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Killers pink vinyl
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

I don't see any Kiss yet today and they removed the Rush Icon cobalt blue vinyl from the site.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Unless it's the OTS release in an exclusive Walmart color, seem like it's most likely to be a 'greatest hits' release in an exclusive color vinyl... What do we think it's going to be? Kissworld? That has already been done in a color vinyl release...but might still be the most likely.

Smashes would actually be cool. I only have the picture disc version (for vinyl) and never opened it. I'd happily buy one at a reasonable price to open and play. I'd also probably buy Double Platinum, Greatest KISS, or The Very Best of KISS even though I probably wouldn't bother opening them. Other than that, assuming it's a compilation, I'll probably pass. Oh...also awesome would be the recent Killers release with the normal logo! That's a beautiful release actually...
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

joma5477 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:31 am Unless it's the OTS release in an exclusive Walmart color, seem like it's most likely to be a 'greatest hits' release in an exclusive color vinyl... What do we think it's going to be? Kissworld? That has already been done in a color vinyl release...but might still be the most likely.

Smashes would actually be cool. I only have the picture disc version (for vinyl) and never opened it. I'd happily buy one at a reasonable price to open and play. I'd also probably buy Double Platinum, Greatest KISS, or The Very Best of KISS even though I probably wouldn't bother opening them. Other than that, assuming it's a compilation, I'll probably pass. Oh...also awesome would be the recent Killers release with the normal logo! That's a beautiful release actually...
I think it will be a Kiss Icon vinyl. People are price gouging the shit out of the pink Kiss Killers. I understand selling something that has gained value over time and one needs money or is downsizing their collection. But people are buying these at retail price in bulk and then reselling for triple the price. They have zero interest in it other than reselling. The same thing is going on with the recent Black Label Society None More Black Box set. It retails at Eone for $375 & sellers are asking $800. To me it's a crime and needs to be legally addressed somehow!!
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

ftjr1974 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:49 am I think it will be a Kiss Icon vinyl. People are price gouging the shit out of the pink Kiss Killers. I understand selling something that has gained value over time and one needs money or is downsizing their collection. But people are buying these at retail price in bulk and then reselling for triple the price. They have zero interest in it other than reselling. The same thing is going on with the recent Black Label Society None More Black Box set. It retails at Eone for $375 & sellers are asking $800. To me it's a crime and needs to be legally addressed somehow!!
It seems like most of these are existing titles, though...I know there is a KISS Ikons set, but it's 4 CDs. That might be a little big for a vinyl release. Is there another Icon compilation I don't know about?
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

joma5477 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:54 am
ftjr1974 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:49 am I think it will be a Kiss Icon vinyl. People are price gouging the shit out of the pink Kiss Killers. I understand selling something that has gained value over time and one needs money or is downsizing their collection. But people are buying these at retail price in bulk and then reselling for triple the price. They have zero interest in it other than reselling. The same thing is going on with the recent Black Label Society None More Black Box set. It retails at Eone for $375 & sellers are asking $800. To me it's a crime and needs to be legally addressed somehow!!
It seems like most of these are existing titles, though...I know there is a KISS Ikons set, but it's 4 CDs. That might be a little big for a vinyl release. Is there another Icon compilation I don't know about?
I believe there are several with 12 songs. So far this Walmart vinyl mania week has been a bigger disappointment than finding out Santa isn't real.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

joma5477 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:54 am
There is a KISS Icon and KISS Icon 2. Icon 2 is a two disc set.
AF23A3E8-AB7D-4BA4-B3B9-7B833053DFD9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Ahhh...probably right then. I largely quit paying attention for most of the 2000s until the last couple years and couldn't have cared less about the 50 stupid compilations that were being released. Never even heard of those.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

joma5477 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:31 am Unless it's the OTS release in an exclusive Walmart color, seem like it's most likely to be a 'greatest hits' release in an exclusive color vinyl... What do we think it's going to be? Kissworld? That has already been done in a color vinyl release...but might still be the most likely.
Unfortunately, I called it... Kissworld. It's also somehow out of stock immediately when it went live...but who gives a shit, honestly?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kiss-Kisswor ... /897132666
RaisedbytheKeeblers
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by RaisedbytheKeeblers »

I routinely see Kissworld on the shelves when I hit WalMart, so charging a few extra bucks for a swirly red version? Pfft.
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

Kissworld Red —- shows out of stock
I’ve noticed a few releases have been out of stock but turn up later in the day.
Who knows?
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

joma5477 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:03 am
Unfortunately, I called it... Kissworld. It's also somehow out of stock immediately when it went live...but who gives a shit, honestly?

Yep I was just getting ready to post that you called it. And somehow it's already sold out literally minutes after posting to the Walmart site. I wasn't going to buy it anyways but for the most part the releases this week have been nothing worthwhile. The only album I was considering was the cobalt blue Rush Icons vinyl that was listed for a few minutes on Monday before being removed from the Walmart website.
John Connor
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by John Connor »

joma5477 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:03 am

I'd never even looked at the KISSWORLD track listing until now. It is awesomely random, I'll give it that.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Good news! It's in stock now!

:roll:

Are we obligated to ask if this is 'the big thing'?

:lol:
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

Just ordered and added a roll of $2 duct tape to get free shipping!
Arrogant
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Arrogant »

ftjr1974 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:10 am And somehow it's already sold out literally minutes after posting to the Walmart site.
It's not sold out.

Currently available - though I can't imagine who'd actually buy it.
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

Arrogant wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:44 am
ftjr1974 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:10 am And somehow it's already sold out literally minutes after posting to the Walmart site.
It's not sold out.

I already have the yellow swirl so I won't be ordering. Well, on second thought, I'll order 20 and then resell them for hundreds of dollars on ebay and discogs like all the other price gouging assholes out there....NOT. I would not stoop to their level.
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scottbassist »

missingdiver wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:47 am Off topic but my local walmart has the really cool Love gun world tour 77 shirt for sale for $7.88...very cool shirt!
Yep. I bought one a couple weeks back. I usually don’t buy tour-like shirts from stores, because I prefer to purchase actual tour shirts at the concerts I attend. I was too young in 1977 to attend a concert. But the new retro LG World Tour shirt from Walmart is really cool. I’m contemplating getting a second shirt because it looks great, it’s so inexpensive and I’m so tough on shirts. 😎
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

What a disappointment. Why is Europe getting such amazing reissues and we get this garbage? It reminds me of the huge disparity with the Vault gifts...one guy gets a insanely rare 1980 Australian promo item, the next guy gets a pair of Psycho Circus 3D glasses
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

ftjr1974 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:50 am
Arrogant wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:44 am
It's not sold out.

I'll order 20 and then resell them for hundreds of dollars on ebay and discogs
Sounds like literally every member in the Kiss vinyl collector groups on Facebook. They show a photo of their cart in Walmart with like 20 of the same record and claim "oh I bought these to give away to friends". Year right