KISS resuming tour?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
KLP68
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

KISS resuming tour?

Post by KLP68 »

So what do you all think? I have several tickets in limbo for several acts and I’m getting impatient. I know it had to do with how the pandemic is being contained or not. I would like to know sooner than just a couple of weeks beforehand.
Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: KISS resuming tour?

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Early 2023 before concerts return to what they were - that is full capacity, no masks, no distancing. There might still be covid checks and proof of vaccination required before entry.

Shit is exhausting now.
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Bruce »

You are going to be holding onto your tickets for a long time. A long time. Keep them safe.
Grizzly Adams
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Don't even think about the KISS tour until the Soul Station tour wraps up.
jannep17
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by jannep17 »

The problem with a pandemic is that it is a pandemic... i.e. global. India and Brazil are out of control and this could have global implications.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

Gene said earlier that he can't be in Kiss when he's in his 70's...
Seriously, I don't care. Even one new song would be more interesting than them touring again.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Kisscandinavia wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:48 am Gene said earlier that he can't be in Kiss when he's in his 70's...
Seriously, I don't care. Even one new song would be more interesting than them touring again.
Yeah and when that song ends up being Samurai Son II we’ll be fucked.

I’d Love to keep seeing them while they are still about
Revenge 92
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Revenge 92 »

Grizzly Adams wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:37 am Don't even think about the KISS tour until the Soul Station tour wraps up.
Soul Station World Domination Tour.
jkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by jkiss »

jannep17 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:38 am The problem with a pandemic is that it is a pandemic... i.e. global. India and Brazil are out of control and this could have global implications.
Yes, the pandemic still has a high potential to become uncontrollable. COVID-19 could mutate beyond our current ability to combat & better contain it. And not only that, continue to evolve in becoming even more lethal. Plus of course, I really hope that will not be the case.

However, when observing this latest explosion of it happening in India, presently ...I'm beginning to become extremely concerned, again.

:o
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

Its one thing to have a one UFC event in florida then have one in vegas but for a bands like KISS, Aerosmith, Metallica and others you need months of dates in different states and countrys and right now thats not possible
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

It just might be that touring as we knew it is over for good, and new ways of performing will take over in a post pandemic world. The days of sweaty, intimate clubs with moisture pouring down the walls are probably a thing of the past, aren't they?

When I think back to some of the concerts I saw in London, like Ace at the Astoria (rammed beyond capacity and absolutely crazy) or KISS at their tiny club gig in Islington (entire audience of 300 people and band choking on the confetti canons), or KISS at the Kentish Town Forum (2300 capacity, the concert was so hot that there was actual thick clouds of steam rising over the audience) there's just no way that kind of event will happen anytime soon.

The world is going to be a paranoid, jumpy and uncertain place for a long time.
belgiankissarmy
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by belgiankissarmy »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:33 am It just might be that touring as we knew it is over for good, and new ways of performing will take over in a post pandemic world. The days of sweaty, intimate clubs with moisture pouring down the walls are probably a thing of the past, aren't they?

When I think back to some of the concerts I saw in London, like Ace at the Astoria (rammed beyond capacity and absolutely crazy) or KISS at their tiny club gig in Islington (entire audience of 300 people and band choking on the confetti canons), or KISS at the Kentish Town Forum (2300 capacity, the concert was so hot that there was actual thick clouds of steam rising over the audience) there's just no way that kind of event will happen anytime soon.

Well, you're optimistic. Shows will return and sooner than you'd expect.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:33 am It just might be that touring as we knew it is over for good, and new ways of performing will take over in a post pandemic world. The days of sweaty, intimate clubs with moisture pouring down the walls are probably a thing of the past, aren't they?

I was at the HMV forum show KISS did. What an honour to see that show in such an intimate setting, we are probably some of the only kiss fans ever to witness that kind of concert.

I do think your idea of the future is diminishing day by day here, the league cup final at Wembley yesterday let people in and a few other football matches will stagger more and more people in till full and considering some of the bands are using those stadiums (GNR) as the venue I can’t see why they’d be a difference especially when it’s been delayed for another year
metaldad

Post by metaldad »

Grizzly Adams wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:37 am Don't even think about the KISS tour until the Soul Station tour wraps up.
And that depends on how many basement bars and bowling alleys are open
jkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by jkiss »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:33 am The world is going to be a paranoid, jumpy and uncertain place for a long time.
The problem with everything right now, not everyone is on the same page. Say 10 years from now, COVID-19 becomes so lethal anyone that contracts it dies almost immediately, that will be the reason. Almost like if HIV/AIDS was airborne in the 1980's, a virus that mutates at such a high-rate vaccines cannot be developed. More people get infected (whether or not it causes them to be hospitalized), faster a virus mutates.

:wink:
Last edited by jkiss on Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

😂 😂 😂 ———
Allamericanman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Allamericanman »

:lol:

Nice. Griz. Nice.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

With Evan Stanley opening.
KingOfHearts89
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Of course, with a huge demand of concerts again (people went manic when the shops reopened) the EOTR will continue and continue.
Tito

Post by Tito »

So rock'n'rollers of the future can say "before I saw KISS, I saw Soul Station".
KLP68
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KLP68 »

Won’t happen but the bands should just cancel and refund your money. Then start from scratch if ever. I doubt Live Nation would do that. I have GnR for Indianapolis on July 18 but I seriously doubt it is going to happen. The rest are local in San Antonio and Austin. I got my Moderna doses but I realize this pandemic is out of control on a worldwide basis. I’m just bummed out because sold out concerts are fun. Like what has been posted new variants and mutations and getting this vaccine to areas without the resources. See what happens I guess I have to just hold on to the tickets.
Agerst1574
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Agerst1574 »

This thread really makes me wonder why Kiss scheduled an Atlantic City date for the end of August. There are no surrounding dates around this show so were they offered so much money for one gig, they could not turn it down.

I would love to go to this show but do not want to commit my money until I am certain it is happening.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Save the unthinkable happens to one of the Dynamic Duo the tour wil most certainly resume sooner or later. You There very well may be $100M worth of tickets sold already. It’s not the KISS way to leave that kind of money on the table.

Everything’s opening back up.

Concerts will too.

This year?

I hope.

This “the world is changed forever” nonsense is just that as far as I’m concerned.

Time will tell.
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:13 pm
You need to look further than the US and consider what the implications of infection rates and deaths in the rest of the world might be. They are certainly not booking tickets for concerts in India right now.

I honestly can't see how anyone wouldn't think that the world has changed forever. We are only partway, halfway even, through this pandemic.
johare
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by johare »

If I had to guess, I would say the End of the Road tour will resume sometime between September of this year and March of next year. I have cruises booked for July, October and March though so maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic. :)
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:32 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:13 pm
You need to look further than the US and consider what the implications of infection rates and deaths in the rest of the world might be. They are certainly not booking tickets for concerts in India right now.

I honestly can't see how anyone wouldn't think that the world has changed forever. We are only partway, halfway even, through this pandemic.
India never had their pop, now they do. That virus loves to skip around when it has a wide open field. Now the the antibodies are churning and they got the vaccine going it’s gonna be a whole different ball of wax.

Last I read, Covid-19’s got a 99.8% survival rate (ish). I do believe the world is more than happy to live a life that is much more detrimental to their health if you really want to crunch the data. Smoking, overeating, lack of exercise, drugs, drinking, etc, etc...anything you’d like to add to the list feel free. The people of the world seem to welcome death with open arms. As long as they get the comforts they’re accustomed to everything should be Kool & the Gang.

In full disclosure, after myself, my senior & comorbidity ridden parents, and all of my friends haven been infected with Covid and came through unscathed I have a skewed opinion of it. Then again with the 99.8% survival rate, that’s how the math says it was supposed turn out anyway. That being said, I’m still perfectly happy to play nice, play by the rules, and I got my second shot last week. If I’m asked to wear a mask I will with a smile on. The day they deem it not a requirement I will fearlessly never wear one again and not look back.

Even without the vaccines I believe the overwhelming majority want to get back to business as usual.

I say sooner than later the world is back like nothing ever happened.

You say the world is changed forever.

One of us is right.

Stay tuned.
tazchris
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by tazchris »

I saw on Facebook The Pretty Reckless playing a outdoor show recently in front a huge crowd. I also saw they had 35000 in New Zealand for a show. With proper border controls I feel KISS will be playing this Fall. South America will be postponed again, and some US dates depending on the State will be postponed as well. I feel they will definitely hit Australia, but Europe will take place summer of 2022. The final run of shows will hopefully still happen Spring/Summer 2023.
johare
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by johare »

tazchris wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:54 pm I saw on Facebook The Pretty Reckless playing a outdoor show recently in front a huge crowd. I also saw they had 35000 in New Zealand for a show. With proper border controls I feel KISS will be playing this Fall. South America will be postponed again, and some US dates depending on the State will be postponed as well. I feel they will definitely hit Australia, but Europe will take place summer of 2022. The final run of shows will hopefully still happen Spring/Summer 2023.
I'd love to see them as well. Been listening to their last two albums a lot lately. Hell, I'd love to see any live show about now!!
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

johare wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:22 pm If I had to guess, I would say the End of the Road tour will resume sometime between September of this year and March of next year. I have cruises booked for July, October and March though so maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic. :)
They will use the kruise to rehearse guaranteed
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

Almost 80,000 people crammed into Australia’s biggest stadium this past weekend (100k capacity). The biggest audience for any event in the entire world since COVID started. We are managing it very well here now and most of the population seem to be doing the right thing. But most importantly we did the right thing when it mattered most. Social distancing, QR codes, staying home during lock downs, all this helped keep the numbers down.

I know it’s easier here due to lower population and less living on top of each other like many other cities, but I think many other nations could learn from what we’ve done in the past several months. Initially we got it wrong but I think we are on the right path now. 👍
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KLP68
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KLP68 »

Here is the USA we have sectors of the population that refuse to be vaccinated. Makes no sense to me.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

KLP68 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:44 pm Here is the USA we have sectors of the population that refuse to be vaccinated. Makes no sense to me.
I don’t get it either. All it takes for the world to start rolling again is for people to A. follow the rules and B. get vaccinated.
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

Revenge 92 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:07 am
Soul Station destroys Anaheim.
Revenge 92
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Revenge 92 »

jannep17 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:19 pm

:D
Glasgow Kiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

Soul Station destroys Motown :)
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:18 am
Soul Station destroys Motown :)
This is a song... comes off the album... (puzzled)... Dynasty.
This is a song about you guys, DETROIT SOUL CITY!
KrazySwede

Post by KrazySwede »

jannep17 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:31 am This is a song... comes off the album... (puzzled)... Dynasty.
But honestly, when it comes to which genre that people connects the strongest with Detroit, soul wins (against rock)

Would've made more sense had 'Detroit Rock City' been named 'New York Rock City'......
Alive!0!
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Alive!0! »

not going to happen. a least they ended on a high with a world recording breaking event on New Years eve 2020, recorded and soon to be released album dvd.
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:13 pm Save the unthinkable happens to one of the Dynamic Duo the tour wil most certainly resume sooner or later. You There very well may be $100M worth of tickets sold already. It’s not the KISS way to leave that kind of money on the table.

Concerts will too.

This year?

I hope.

This “the world is changed forever” nonsense is just that as far as I’m concerned.

Time will tell.
If you don’t realize the world is changed forever, you’re not paying attention.
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

KrazySwede wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:40 am
jannep17 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:31 am This is a song... comes off the album... (puzzled)... Dynasty.
But honestly, when it comes to which genre that people connects the strongest with Detroit, soul wins (against rock)

Would've made more sense had 'Detroit Rock City' been named 'New York Rock City'......
Both genres are strong in Detroit. Or WERE strong.
Tito

Post by Tito »

KrazySwede wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:40 am But honestly, when it comes to which genre that people connects the strongest with Detroit, soul wins (against rock)

From Bill Haley and Del Shannon to MC5, The Stooges/Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent/The Amboy Dukes, Suzi Quatro, The Rationals, Mitch Ryder, ? & The Mysterians, Sonic's Rendezvous Band, Bob Seger, Grand Funk Railroad etc., I would say "Detroit Rock City" makes quite enough sense.
KrazySwede

Post by KrazySwede »

Tito wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:00 am
KrazySwede wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:40 am But honestly, when it comes to which genre that people connects the strongest with Detroit, soul wins (against rock)

From Bill Haley and Del Shannon to MC5, The Stooges/Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent/The Amboy Dukes, Suzi Quatro, The Rationals, Mitch Ryder, ? & The Mysterians, Sonic's Rendezvous Band, Bob Seger, Grand Funk Railroad etc., I would say "Detroit Rock City" makes quite enough sense.
Yes, that state (Michigan) have had their share of rockers, but in general I think people connect that city with soul music most of all.....also a number of those rockers (Mitch Ryder, Seger, GRF) would probably point to being heavily influenced by the soultradition in Detroit?
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Philly Cheese wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:39 am
nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:13 pm Save the unthinkable happens to one of the Dynamic Duo the tour wil most certainly resume sooner or later. You There very well may be $100M worth of tickets sold already. It’s not the KISS way to leave that kind of money on the table.

Concerts will too.

This year?

I hope.

Time will tell.
You can’t make that call yet.

Everything can very well go back to just the way it was.

I believe it will.
acesmiddlefinger

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Its disgraceful what the bands/promoters are doing with people' money. I have £1400 tied up in Euro dates for this summer, a tour which starts in a month's time. The fact that neither the band or promoter has announced that these dates will not go ahead is ridiculous.

They are still insisting that the Kruise will take place yet it is not possible to do the Kruise and then fly to Australia and quarantine for the required number of days before doing the Oz dates.

Shameful!!!
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:39 am
Philly Cheese wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:39 am

Concerts will too.

This year?

I hope.

Time will tell.
You can’t make that call yet.

Everything can very well go back to just the way it was.

I believe it will.
Yep slowly looking like that.

Masks may stay for a while and overzealous cleaning of hands, tables and public spaces but that is not a bad thing at all.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

KrazySwede wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:30 am

Yes, that state (Michigan) have had their share of rockers, but in general I think people connect that city with soul music most of all.....also a number of those rockers (Mitch Ryder, Seger, GRF) would probably point to being heavily influenced by the soultradition in Detroit?
There’s cities in England 1/10 the size of Detroit with more rock roots

Birmingham comes to mind

Per capita that is
Tito

Post by Tito »

FiveCardStud wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:19 am
KrazySwede wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:30 am

There’s cities in England 1/10 the size of Detroit with more rock roots

Birmingham comes to mind

Per capita that is
Which is great but it has little to do with whether Detroit is known more for soul or rock music.
Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Velvis »

Agerst1574 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:00 pm This thread really makes me wonder why Kiss scheduled an Atlantic City date for the end of August. There are no surrounding dates around this show so were they offered so much money for one gig, they could not turn it down.

I would love to go to this show but do not want to commit my money until I am certain it is happening.
I believe they had Mansfield, MA as the re-opening date for the EOTR tour around that time. Thats not that far from AC.
Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Velvis »

Alive!0! wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:05 am not going to happen. a least they ended on a high with a world recording breaking event on New Years eve 2020, recorded and soon to be released album dvd.
Was the record most money lost by a promoter for a single event?
ObiWanFrehley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by ObiWanFrehley »

2023. KISS can hype 50 years, and bow out.