Ken Sharp Gets KISSed!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Admin
Yawn

Ken Sharp Gets KISSed!

Post by Admin »

Most KISS fans may only know Ken Sharp's name from the incredible historical works he's contributed to, magazine articles written, and even fanzine contributions dating back decades. He's set a standard for others who have followed in his footsteps. However, the accolades garnered for those accomplishments comprise only a single facet of an artistic gem who continues to forge his musical path at a time painfully challenging for artists with costs of creation rising. His music forms a musical core to his identity, and Ken has released three singles over the past few months that perfectly illustrate a broad foundation of talent: The electric "Liquid Mercury," the subtly biting "Mr. Popularity," and the poignant "Halyx Rising (Lora's Song)." Now, two aspects of Ken's art joyously fuse with his passionate interpretations of two personal favorites from the 1978 KISS albums...
image.png
Ken Sharp: "For friends who know me, I've been a huge KISS fan since I was a kid. Growing up a child of a few divorces, life at home was often charged with unhappiness/turmoil and KISS offered me a window out of some tough times. I've done something wacky but I hope cool too. Today I'm releasing a double-sided single celebrating the 1978 KISS solo albums put out by Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. I've reinvented 'Hold Me, Touch Me,' a beautiful ballad from Paul's solo album as a power pop song ala the Raspberries and have amped up the Beatlesque vibe of Gene's 'Mr. Make Believe.'"

LISTEN/GET IT HERE:

https://kensharp.bandcamp.com/track/hold-me-touch-me

https://kensharp.bandcamp.com/track/mr-make-believe

Ken is also putting out a limited edition vinyl single with picture sleeve, black and multiple colors available and selling at cost.
Email him for ordering info: sharpk@aol.com

CREDITS:

“Hold Me, Touch Me”
(Stanley)
Produced by Ken Sharp and Fernando Perdomo
Recorded at Reseda Ranch Studios, Winnetka/Reseda, CA. Union Jack Studios, Encino, CA and The Manor, Agoura Hills, CA

Ken Sharp-lead and background vocals, electric guitar, lead guitar, Nashville guitar, acoustic guitar, moog, piano, maracas, bell tree
Fernando Perdomo-drums, bass, tambourine
Rob Bonfiglio: background vocals

“Mr. Make Believe”
(Simmons)
Produced by Fernando Perdomo and Ken Sharp
Recorded at Reseda Ranch Studios, Winnetka/Reseda, CA and Union Jack Studios, Encino, CA, and The Manor, Toluca Lake, CA

Ken Sharp-lead and background vocals, acoustic guitar, piano, organ
Fernando Perdomo-drums, bass, Nashville guitar, tambourine, sleigh bells, bell tree
Rob Bonfiglio: background vocals

Artwork: Holly Bess Kinkaid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pepperkitty
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Ken Sharp Gets KISSed!

Post by pepperkitty »

I dig MMB!
rwgriffith
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by rwgriffith »

Fantastic job!
OHKISSFAN
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Great versions of these tunes!
Like it a lot - good job!
sugardaddy
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by sugardaddy »

MMB is pretty cool.

Hold Me sounds a bit too busy
The doctor
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The doctor »

Excellent interpretation of Hold Me, Touch Me. Ken has definitely put his own spin on this and I love it. I have never liked this song and never thought I would, until now.

I've been listening to the WAV file version on my stereo and it's fantastic.
spacekace
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by spacekace »

Wonderful work!
Admin
Yawn

Post by Admin »

Torpedo_Boy
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Torpedo_Boy »

Reminds me of the Pooh Sticks! I like it!