Theatre and blu ray release of Dubai

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
The Silver Spoon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Theatre and blu ray release of Dubai

Post by The Silver Spoon »

I watched the show a few times and enjoyed it. Man they are getting old - aren’t we all though.

I just can’t see it getting a theatre release - anyone that would normally go would have already paid per viewed it or you tubed it.

Blu ray - maybe but I doubt it. Vegas worked as it wasn’t online - this is out there already.

I think Dubai was good but it is done. Thoughts?
mbrunn
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Theatre and blu ray release of Dubai

Post by mbrunn »

They would need to have more “behind the scenes” footage, and more interview footage. That stuff would interest me.
Much Too Soon
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Much Too Soon »

Tremendous number of explosions, camera angles and shots to put together a fantastic souvenir of a fantastic performance. I bet on a blu ray
StanleytheCarrot
Banned

Post by StanleytheCarrot »

The Silver Spoon wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:55 am I watched the show a few times and enjoyed it. Man they are getting old - aren’t we all though.

I just can’t see it getting a theatre release - anyone that would normally go would have already paid per viewed it or you tubed it.

Blu ray - maybe but I doubt it. Vegas worked as it wasn’t online - this is out there already.

They should have played Goodbye
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

The Silver Spoon wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:55 am I watched the show a few times and enjoyed it. Man they are getting old - aren’t we all though.

I don't recall a theatre release being in the cards?
worth1
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by worth1 »

I hope it gets both a theater release and Blu-ray. I would purchase both. Seeing the pyro on a big screen with the surround speaker system would be incredible.
67Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by 67Kiss »

I could see a Blu ray, I don't think that a theater release would sell many tickets
warmachine731
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by warmachine731 »

I'm sure the Blu Ray release will be a standalone and not something included on say a KISSology 4, and if it were included on there it would probably just be more beneficial to have behind the scenes and rehearsal footage, and maybe 5 songs from the show rather than an entire show of the same setlist again.

A theater release would be cool and I would attend just to experience it in that magnitude.
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

67Kiss wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:00 am I could see a Blu ray, I don't think that a theater release would sell many tickets
How successful was the theatre showing of Kiss Rocks Vegas?
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

:|
StanleytheCarrot wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:04 am

Who is going to sing that?
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Soylent Gene wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:42 am :|
StanleytheCarrot wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:04 am

Who is going to sing that?
Canned vox from the Live To Win tour. We know they have them. Imagine? :lol:
Strutterer
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Strutterer »

Kiss Rocks Vegas is on Amazon Prime. I'd like to see a similar release of Dubai 2020, maybe in time for New Year's Eve 2021?

Looking back at the Millennium show in Vancouver, part of me wishes Kiss had done more New Year's Eve shows in its history and made them a bit of an event. Something to do every time the year changes, kind of like watching the ball drop in Times Square or certain holiday special.
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

I thought the blu-ray was going to be an exclusive for the 'vip' ticket buyers? Or do they just get a copy as part of their deal and it will also go on sale to the general public?

Theatre release will probably be one night in selected movie theatres to launch the blu-ray like the Beatles '8 Days A Week' tour movie.
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Theatre release will probably be one night in selected movie theatres to launch the blu-ray like the Beatles '8 Days A Week' tour movie.
^^^
THIS.
curryleaf

Post by curryleaf »

Kind of admire people's optimism that cinemas will actually be open in 2021.

There will be a Blu-Ray release as they're cheap to put out and work on decent margins.
Wichita77

Post by Wichita77 »

I think that once G&P sits down and watches the show, along with the people who who invest in a theatrical release, I just don't see any of them wanting that performance to be on the big screen. It really put the spotlight on the fact that the boys are aging out.

On top of that, it also made it clear how much the band needs an audience. They feed off of that energy and without it the show fell a little flat. Paul's banter wasn't really working in that socially distanced setting.

Another factor is the negative impact seeing this might have on future ticket sales once the tour resumes. So far casuals have been doing a great job keeping those numbers up, but after seeing this, they might not want to fork out money for a live version with less pyro.

As a hardcore fan, I enjoyed the show for what it was, but it isn't the concert I'd want the general public to see.
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

Wichita77 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:43 am I think that once G&P sits down and watches the show, along with the people who who invest in a theatrical release, I just don't see any of them wanting that performance to be on the big screen. It really put the spotlight on the fact that the boys are aging out.

On top of that, it also made it clear how much the band needs an audience. They feed off of that energy and without it the show fell a little flat. Paul's banter wasn't really working in that socially distanced setting.

Another factor is the negative impact seeing this might have on future ticket sales once the tour resumes. So far casuals have been doing a great job keeping those numbers up, but after seeing this, they might not want to fork out money for a live version with less pyro.

As a hardcore fan, I enjoyed the show for what it was, but it isn't the concert I'd want the general public to see.
But Paul says the band has never been better!
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Theatres would lose money showing this, no way would they sell enough tickets to gain the rights
Wichita77

Post by Wichita77 »

ftjr1974 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:45 am
Wichita77 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:43 am I think that once G&P sits down and watches the show, along with the people who who invest in a theatrical release, I just don't see any of them wanting that performance to be on the big screen. It really put the spotlight on the fact that the boys are aging out.

But Paul says the band has never been better!
Once he see's this he might change his mind. :)
caligari

Post by caligari »

After watching it live and it already being leaked to YouTube - that’s a major blow - IF ya buy it how many times would you REALLY watch it?

I think the blue ray release might just be rethought.

Let’s see:

🟢Zero audience excitement and sing alongs.
To pump “fake” crowd in after the fact will just reek of pathetic.

🟢Altered “GOD OF THUNDER”: NO BLOOD! & dumb “new” lyrics. Stripped of its main visual & nonsensical lyrics? Why even DO it? They should have practiced/played “Unholy” instead.

🟢By the time it would hit theaters the “balloon” will not only be deflated, it will be dried up hard and cracked.
Despite all the $ Overhead of this production, I think if they TRIED, they would find No One willing to pay for its distribution.
+
🟢FACT:
All this “2020 is gone so that means so is COVID” New Years B.S. Hype will soon get smacked off our faces.
NO ONE is going to theaters for Hollywood blockbusters NO ONE is gonna see a “old” KISS CONCERT that was on pay per view and STILL on YouTube.... good luck with that.

🟢Gene looking fatigued after the 3rd song.

... I could go on.
But I don’t want to seem like a “hater”…
I can just look without rose-colored glasses.
Last edited by caligari on Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
elway2k
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by elway2k »

An LP/Blu Ray combo just like the Vegas show
elway2k
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by elway2k »

BC Witch wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:15 am I thought the blu-ray was going to be an exclusive for the 'vip' ticket buyers? Or do they just get a copy as part of their deal and it will also go on sale to the general public?

Kiss listed the DVD & LP as "limited edition" not exclusives to those packages. Someone emailed kissonline about this and was told this is the only way to get these items (LP and DVD) at the present time. So I am sure they have plans to release both at some time to the general public.
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

Agree completely. It's not a great advert for KISS.

I wonder how long Paul will continue to be in denial about his voice? I think there must be an 'Emporer's new clothes' thing going on in the KISS camp with no-one daring to say 'this sounds awful'.
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

elway2k wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:16 am
BC Witch wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:15 am I thought the blu-ray was going to be an exclusive for the 'vip' ticket buyers? Or do they just get a copy as part of their deal and it will also go on sale to the general public?

Kiss listed the DVD & LP as "limited edition" not exclusives to those packages. Someone emailed kissonline about this and was told this is the only way to get these items (LP and DVD) at the present time. So I am sure they have plans to release both at some time to the general public.
Cool. Thanks for the info!
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scottbassist »

You never know. Here in the U.S., they might release it as a one of those “One Night Only” events in theaters, which usually only show once (usually on a Sunday afternoon, or twice - Sunday afternoon and Tuesday night). If people know in advance that it will only play one time on a theater screen, it might pull in more viewers. You never know. Some of the reissue One Night Only screenings I’ve seen have pulled in tons of viewers to my auditorium (Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Batman 1989, Alien), while others pulled in about 20 viewers (The Godfather and The Godfather Part II, Planet of the Apes 1968, Shin Godzilla, Doctor Who premieres and reissues) and some pulled in 5 or 6 viewers (Superman 1978, Batman Returns). My wife and I were the only ones to sit through a 3-D Imax reissue of Avengers 1 in August 2018, so you never know. But of course, that was all pre-COVID.

Hopefully Kiss could pull in some viewers for a single showing in the theater, and surely it will come out on Bluray/DVD. My wife and I were able to stream the first 2 1/2 songs for free by simply clicking on a square-shaped ad for the Dubai event that popped up on our TV’s streaming home page.
KingOfHearts89

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

It will happen, technology is a marvellous thing. Camera shots from different angles so it looks like they are moving all over the place, pyro to be beefed up even more, the band given vocal and instrument enhancements just like Alive!

Dubai is on there but it's not the full HD surround sound experience, just like how people put rocks vegas clips on Youtube (those who were there in person) it didn't stop KISS doing it then.

The Blu Ray is going to look, sound and feel like a different animal to the live-stream.
battra
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by battra »

jannep17 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:41 am
67Kiss wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:00 am I could see a Blu ray, I don't think that a theater release would sell many tickets
Well, I didn't attend that, but only because I was out of town.

My best friend asked me to go and I said yes, but then I had a business trip.

Oh well.
battra

Post by battra »

Strutterer wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:13 am Kiss Rocks Vegas is on Amazon Prime. I'd like to see a similar release of Dubai 2020, maybe in time for New Year's Eve 2021?

Looking back at the Millennium show in Vancouver, part of me wishes Kiss had done more New Year's Eve shows in its history and made them a bit of an event. Something to do every time the year changes, kind of like watching the ball drop in Times Square or certain holiday special.
You would think growing up in New York that they'd have wanted to do more things like that.

The ball dropping is as NYC to me as shitty, floppy pizza.

--Signed A Cracker Pizza enthusiast.
Jampottt
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Jampottt »

I think the Blu-Ray will come. Some of the shots seemed odd on the live stream (very little Tommy shots during solos etc...) and the audio mix could have been improved (more of the Bass EFX during the “bass solo” to make it actually sound cool! - all that DI exposed it for what it is... just noise).
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

worth1 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:39 am I hope it gets both a theater release and Blu-ray. I would purchase both. Seeing the pyro on a big screen with the surround speaker system would be incredible.
That’s exactly right. This show would look incredible on a big screen. Hell, it looked awesome in my 75”! 👍
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

jannep17 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:41 am
I saw it in a theater. Maybe 15 or so people were in attendance.
Fartbone
Banned

Post by Fartbone »

Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pollux »

There will be everything. As per usual. Im going to go to a theatre as I did last time with my friends. It was fun. Going to have a blueray, too. Why not? Fun show. Already witness it 3 times☺
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

jannep17 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:30 am I don't recall a theatre release being in the cards?
This is from the $999 package :

2 tickets to a screening in Spring 2021 when the show runs in movie theaters (cities TBD)

$39.99 — Live Stream Pay-Per-View

Includes live stream and one extra play over a 24-hour period.

$49.99 — Live Stream Deluxe Access

Includes live stream and unlimited replays over 72-hour period.

$249.99 — Live Stream Gold VIP (US/Canada shipping) –

– 30 Days of replay VOD rights
– Limited edition T-Shirt for the event
– Commemorative VIP laminate
– Limited edition DVD/ Blu Ray w/ 16 page book
– Kiss 2020 Goodbye limited edition poster
– Digital Video Download of the show
– KISS 2020 Goodbye Guitar Picks
– KISS 2020 Goodbye Drum Sticks
– KISS 2020 Goodbye Face mask

$999.99 — Live Stream Platinum VIP (US/Canada Shipping)

– Access to the KISS 2020 Goodbye live stream on December 31st, 2020
– Limited edition Hoodie for the event
– Kiss 2020 Goodbye limited edition poster autographed by the band
– Collectible, numbered KISS 2020 Goodbye engraved metal ticket (only 2500 made)
– Limited edition vinyl record set (180 gram)
– Name in the DVD/ Blu Ray and live stream credits
– Official KISS 2020 Goodbye Crew shirt from the show (were made exclusively for the crew at the event)
– 2 tickets to a screening in Spring 2021 when the show runs in movie theaters (cities TBD)
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

alanrosembung wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:00 pm
jannep17 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:30 am I don't recall a theatre release being in the cards?
This is from the $999 package :

2 tickets to a screening in Spring 2021 when the show runs in movie theaters (cities TBD)

$39.99 — Live Stream Pay-Per-View

Includes live stream and one extra play over a 24-hour period.

$49.99 — Live Stream Deluxe Access

Includes live stream and unlimited replays over 72-hour period.

$249.99 — Live Stream Gold VIP (US/Canada shipping) –

– Kiss 2020 Goodbye limited edition poster

$999.99 — Live Stream Platinum VIP (US/Canada Shipping)

– Access to the KISS 2020 Goodbye live stream on December 31st, 2020
– Limited edition Hoodie for the event
– Kiss 2020 Goodbye limited edition poster autographed by the band
– Collectible, numbered KISS 2020 Goodbye engraved metal ticket (only 2500 made)
– Limited edition vinyl record set (180 gram)
– Name in the DVD/ Blu Ray and live stream credits
– Official KISS 2020 Goodbye Crew shirt from the show (were made exclusively for the crew at the event)
– 2 tickets to a screening in Spring 2021 when the show runs in movie theaters (cities TBD)
Did we ever see that theatre release? Spring has sprung and come and gone, as far as I'm concerned.
Heartofchrome

Post by Heartofchrome »

I still have no idea what the setlist was