KISS Dubai in person packages begin at $15,000

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: KISS Dubai in person packages begin at $15,000

Post by So Cruel »

SureKnowSomething wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:24 am
So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:16 am Gene and Paul want fans to leave their homes to fly through multiple airports and cities to a foreign city while a pandemic is reaching its apex.
Where have they ever said as much? They're hired entertainment at a private party for guests of the Atlantis.
So when they advertise meet n greets that isn’t promoting fans to see them in person?

When Kiss Kruises emails the fans who have cruised about this $15,000 package it isn’t promoting to see this show in person?
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andreww1962 »

So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:28 am
So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:16 am Gene and Paul want fans to leave their homes to fly through multiple airports and cities to a foreign city while a pandemic is reaching its apex.
Where have they ever said as much? They're hired entertainment at a private party for guests of the Atlantis.
So when they advertise meet n greets that isn’t promoting fans to see them in person?

When Kiss Kruises emails the fans who have cruised about this $15,000 package it isn’t promoting to see this show in person?
Come on, they are a lot more than the hired entertainment. This entire thing is being put on by KISS. They are involved in every aspect of this including the destination.
KISS#1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by KISS#1 »

I thought we were not allowed to have an opinion if we have not purchased the book, I mean the $15,000 package?
acefan1975
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by acefan1975 »

I would never go to this, and think it is not worth anything close to it. I also think that like usual, Gene and Paul change their tunes when it suits them. But I don't think that charging 40 bucks for a PPV is gouging the fans at all, and in reality, the M/G packages are for the elite only, not the fanbase. I wont be buying the PPV, but for 40 dollars I can see why many fans would purchase it. I would bet the setlist will be altered some from the EOTR tour as well, and be longer. It would be odd seeing them with no fans, or only fans on balconies. The energy level would be pretty low I would guess.
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andreww1962 »

acefan1975 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:37 am I would never go to this, and think it is not worth anything close to it. I also think that like usual, Gene and Paul change their tunes when it suits them. But I don't think that charging 40 bucks for a PPV is gouging the fans at all, and in reality, the M/G packages are for the elite only, not the fanbase. I wont be buying the PPV, but for 40 dollars I can see why many fans would purchase it. I would bet the setlist will be altered some from the EOTR tour as well, and be longer. It would be odd seeing them with no fans, or only fans on balconies. The energy level would be pretty low I would guess.
I agree, $40 isn't bad. I just spent $50 to watch the Tyson fight on Saturday, which really is the same kind of show. Has-beens trying to relive their glory years lol.
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

SureKnowSomething wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:24 am
firekiss wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:55 pm
So Cruel wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:51 pm
SureKnowSomething wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:12 pm How are they prompting fans to go to this show? They're prompting them to watch from the safety of their home on PPV.

As far as travelling through multiple airports, etc., just a guess but, there would be plenty of people staying at the Atlantis anyway, KISS show or not. Basically, it's a private party gig and they're allowed to sell it on PPV.
How are they promoting in person? It’s what this thread is about. The very first line of the thread:

The KISS Kruise just emailed info out for NYE Dubai in person packages
There's been no mention of this on Kiss Online. No mention in any social media of Gene or Paul.

Are we sure this isn't Sixth Man trying to recoup lost revenue? Less than 6 weeks away. I would have thought Gene and Paul would be promoting the crap out of this if it were a done deal.

This is all hypothetical right now.
To be fair, they did make the official announcement for the PPV and Gene promoted the PPV on Entertainment Tonight.
I get that. They've made no mention of the Sixth Man idea though. That's all on the cruise line at this time.
Stav.karas
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Stav.karas »

Okay...if you took away one zero from that price, it would STILL be way too much to justify the lackluster event.
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

It's Sixth Man Cruises floating an idea to recoup lost revenue due to cruises being shut down.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

firekiss wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:35 pm

It's Sixth Man Cruises floating an idea to recoup lost revenue due to cruises being shut down.
There's no way they'd send something like that out without approval from the band and Doc. None at all.
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

It’s obviously in conjunction with Kiss. Meet n greets are part of the package and they are using Kiss’s name to promote and sell it. That doesn’t happen without Kiss being part of it.
SureKnowSomething

Post by SureKnowSomething »

So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:59 pm It’s obviously in conjunction with Kiss. Meet n greets are part of the package and they are using Kiss’s name to promote and sell it. That doesn’t happen without Kiss being part of it.
It's what they do. And, it affords them a very comfortable existence. How would you feel if they told you that you can't work the deep fryer anymore?
missingdiver
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by missingdiver »

If I purchase this, I may buy Gene’s fire breathing sword and Paul’s stage played guitar that is smashed.

I’ll just plan on donating more plasma in the next few months$$ to pay for it all. Yay Kiss!
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

SureKnowSomething wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:52 pm
So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:59 pm It’s obviously in conjunction with Kiss. Meet n greets are part of the package and they are using Kiss’s name to promote and sell it. That doesn’t happen without Kiss being part of it.
It's what they do. And, it affords them a very comfortable existence. How would you feel if they told you that you can't work the deep fryer anymore?
Go fuck yourself. I have a degree in finance. I’ve worked in the capital market for years raising the required equity/debt for major projects in the hospitality, technology, and energy sectors. I’ve been on the board of directors for companies. What the fuck have you done?
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:59 pm

It’s obviously in conjunction with Kiss. Meet n greets are part of the package and they are using Kiss’s name to promote and sell it. That doesn’t happen without Kiss being part of it.
I'm glad you're absolutely sure of that. Me, not so. And nothing has been sold yet. I don't think this thing is anywhere past the "let's run it up the flagpole and see" stage. 6 weeks away, it's not happening.
Fartbone
Banned
Banned

Post by Fartbone »

So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:00 pm
Go fuck yourself. I have a degree in finance. I’ve worked in the capital market for years raising the required equity/debt for major projects in the hospitality, technology, and energy sectors. I’ve been on the board of directors for companies. What the fuck have you done?
Lol. Triggered
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

Fartbone wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:08 pm
Lol. Triggered
Nope. I take pride in what I do and work hard at it. I don’t appreciate some goof trying to act cool with his “working the fryer” line once he knew he had no rebuttal to the previous posts.
Fartbone
Banned
Banned

Post by Fartbone »

So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:54 pm
Lol. Triggered
Nope. I take pride in what I do and work hard at it. I don’t appreciate some goof trying to act cool with his “working the fryer” line once he knew he had no rebuttal to the previous posts.
But I think you just F'd yourself though, stating for him to go F himself.
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

Fartbone wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:09 pm
Lol. Triggered
Maybe. We’ll see. But a Mod will be able to see why it was done and who threw the first shot.
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

i would like to have a bluray of the show but for $250... nah
Tbond
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Tbond »

So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:11 pm
Lol. Triggered
Maybe. We’ll see. But a Mod will be able to see why it was done and who threw the first shot.
Do you think that "work the fryer" remark makes you look cool, ala the "would you like fries with that" Simmons and Stanley crap?

It doesn't, it makes the person making those snide remarks look small, self absorbed, and boorish.

Only an insecure child looks down on a service worker as a means to make them feel superior.
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

Tbond wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:08 pm
Lol. Triggered
Do you think that "work the fryer" remark makes you look cool, ala the "would you like fries with that" Simmons and Stanley crap?

It doesn't, it makes the person making those snide remarks look small, self absorbed, and boorish.

Only an insecure child looks down on a service worker as a means to make them feel superior.
I never made the remark. It was made to me.
SureKnowSomething

So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:00 pm Go fuck yourself. I have a degree in finance. I’ve worked in the capital market for years raising the required equity/debt for major projects in the hospitality, technology, and energy sectors. I’ve been on the board of directors for companies. What the fuck have you done?
Calm down, Spanky. There's nothing wrong with working in fast food. It's legit, honest work. I couldn't care less what you do for a living, it has zero bearing on my life.

Does anybody else think it a bit odd that here we are, 30 days out and the only info they have for attending in person is an Exclusive Travel Package Waiting List?

That doesn't exactly scream "come see it in person". By now, if I planned on attending, I'd want to know one way or the other. Not be put on some waiting list and left hanging.
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

SureKnowSomething wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 pm
So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:00 pm Go fuck yourself. I have a degree in finance. I’ve worked in the capital market for years raising the required equity/debt for major projects in the hospitality, technology, and energy sectors. I’ve been on the board of directors for companies. What the fuck have you done?
Calm down, Spanky. There's nothing wrong with working in fast food. It's legit, honest work. I couldn't care less what you do for a living, it has zero bearing on my life.

Does anybody else think it a bit odd that here we are, 30 days out and the only info they have for attending in person is an Exclusive Travel Package Waiting List?

That doesn't exactly scream "come see it in person". By now, if I planned on attending, I'd want to know one way or the other. Not be put on some waiting list and left hanging.
It's basically just a thought bubble at the moment. It won't go any further.
SureKnowSomething

firekiss wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:20 pm It's basically just a thought bubble at the moment. It won't go any further.
Wouldn't it be funny if after all the hype, "record breaking pyro", "250 ft stage", "50 cameras", etc., it turned out to be another concert for sharks or Thanksgiving parade? Picture it, a tiny stage, some sparklers and a guy streaming it over his iphone. :lol:
Jordvan123
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Jordvan123 »

Usually I stay quiet about pricing and such since it normally doesn't matter to me how people spend their money. But THIS at this given time, with all the talk about masks, staying safe, keep indoors as much as possible, not going out onstage until things are better or over.....and now this.

This is downright OFFENSIVE and in very, very BAD TASTE. People are having trouble with day-to-day things but it seems like a good idea to charge $15,000 for a concert. C'mon guys....your better than this. Or are you??? Clearly not.....
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

SureKnowSomething wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:38 pm
firekiss wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:20 pm It's basically just a thought bubble at the moment. It won't go any further.
Wouldn't it be funny if after all the hype, "record breaking pyro", "250 ft stage", "50 cameras", etc., it turned out to be another concert for sharks or Thanksgiving parade? Picture it, a tiny stage, some sparklers and a guy streaming it over his iphone. :lol:
That would be interesting, but I think the concert, short of a band member getting the virus, will go ahead. I can't see the Sixth Man, $15,000 package happening.
Tito

Post by Tito »

SureKnowSomething wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:38 pm Wouldn't it be funny if after all the hype, "record breaking pyro", "250 ft stage", "50 cameras", etc., it turned out to be another concert for sharks or Thanksgiving parade? Picture it, a tiny stage, some sparklers and a guy streaming it over his iphone. :lol:
Hmm, there is a lot of correlation between the two actually. "The much-hyped show was held in conjunction with Airbnb" instead of Atlantis Dubai, the "eight lucky (human) fans" on the other boat instead of those on their balconies rattling their jewelry...

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/see-k ... -australia
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Lol. Triggered
OK everyone, let's just move along.
Nellcote71
Banned
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

Good God, all the negativity around this “band” :D
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Nellcote71 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:36 am Good God, all the negativity around this “band” :D
Does it warm that black ol' heart, Nelly? :lol:
Soylent Gene
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Soylent Gene »

This show may never even happen. Look at how the NFL has been scrambling to reschedule games due to Covid. All it takes is for one outbreak and the dominoes will begin to fall.
Allamericanman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Allamericanman »

RisingForce wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:25 am
Lol. Triggered
OK everyone, let's just move along.
1go6kw.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KISSFACE
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by KISSFACE »

Soylent Gene wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:34 am This show may never even happen. Look at how the NFL has been scrambling to reschedule games due to Covid. All it takes is for one outbreak and the dominoes will begin to fall.
I haven't been paying attention to the NFL, but the NBA model worked and that seems to be the one our KISS team is following.
Soylent Gene
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Soylent Gene »

KISSFACE wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:34 am
Soylent Gene wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:34 am This show may never even happen. Look at how the NFL has been scrambling to reschedule games due to Covid. All it takes is for one outbreak and the dominoes will begin to fall.
I haven't been paying attention to the NFL, but the NBA model worked and that seems to be the one our KISS team is following.
They (the NBA) and the NHL lived and played in a bubble and never left said bubble until after the final game was played. The NFL is not using the bubble hence all of the madness with surging Covid outbreaks.

The KISS show will employ hundreds of local and foreign people from all over the world who will be travelling on airplanes with hundreds of other people connecting through airports with thousands of other people all coming together at a major tourist attraction on the other side of the world. That’s a lot of moving parts to try and manage without any hiccups during a global pandemic.
Tbond
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Tbond »

So Cruel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:15 pm
Tbond wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:08 pm
Lol. Triggered

I never made the remark. It was made to me.
I know, sorry. Quotation flub.
TheSphinx
Banned
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

TheSphinx wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:16 pm
Glasgow Kiss wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:57 pm
TheSphinx wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:42 pm
Glasgow Kiss wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:01 pm As a matter of interest, I just researched the price of five nights stay in the Atlantis Dubai...comes in around £1200 (call that maybe $1600?)

If you reckon watching a gig from a balcony and being able to shout a socially distanced "Hello!" to Kiss (along with some zero-value tat such as a laminate and ticket) is worth the remainder of $15000, then fair enough I guess...but I've got some magic beans you can buy.

When you water them they turn into the Alive II stage.

I have no idea what you claimed to have researched but minimum you are looking at around $7,500 for a room for 5 nights with the view of KISS

image.png

Or if you wanted a larger room... you could be looking at $22,600

image.png
You've maybe misunderstood me - I was talking about what they charged per night for a room any other night of the year, not what the going rate is for the Kiss thing on NYE. No idea what it'll show up like in dollars, but I'm getting offered as low as £199 for a night.

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/en ... GFjNQ[url][/url]

But any other night of the year doesn't matter. This is no different than Las Vegas around NYE or the Super Bowl.

Rates go up 5X or so their normal rates. That's just Supply and Demand.

Same with the Super Bowl in a regular year and then they do like 3 night minimums or more. And some $200 a night room easily becomes $1000 a night room.

Here's the Vegas ROOM Rates for NYE.... and how much they are going up.

The growth in rates of course is less than it was in 2019
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DubaiRockCity
Banned
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

A hotel room in Dubai : $2000.

Seeing Paul pretend to sing into a microphone and then buying it : priceless.
Nellcote71
Banned
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

Lets be honest here, if Kiss wasnt playing this Dubai show - there would still be a huge fireworks/NYE event at this hotel with the scaffolding/staging and some other band “playing.”

This ain’t something special/unique being done by Kiss. They are just the token dog & cat show for the night trying to get additional cash outta the fans.
Tito

Post by Tito »

Nellcote71 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:21 am Lets be honest here, if Kiss wasnt playing this Dubai show - there would still be a huge fireworks/NYE event at this hotel with the scaffolding/staging and some other band “playing.”
For sure. In normal conditions, anyway. Maybe this year they found the only band greedy enough to come out of social distancing to do it...