The fans behind the KISS logo

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

The fans behind the KISS logo

Post by Mr Slow »

This image always made me wonder what the story was with those people behind the stage. Did anybody ever attend a show back then and sit behind the logo like that? We’re the cheap seats? Like a restricted view type situation today?

As you can see, it wouldn’t have been the best view from there. I guess if the arena is full and you really want to go you’ll take what you can get. I can’t help thinking it would have been a disappointment though. Go see KISS and all you really see is the back of Peter, a SSIK logo, a stack of road cases and a huge audience having a great time beyond that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KISSFACE
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: The fans behind the KISS logo

Post by KISSFACE »

Mr Slow wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:23 am I can’t help thinking it would have been a disappointment though. Go see KISS and all you really see is the back of Peter, a SSIK logo, a stack of road cases and a huge audience having a great time beyond that.
I wonder if that’s where the name of the tribute band SSIK came from, kids sitting behind the logo.
Planet Caravan
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Planet Caravan »

Its always puzzled me to see photos of 70s American concerts with people sitting behind the band. I've seen it in Kiss pics, Zeppelin pics, a few others too.

In Australia we've always had that area closed off to the public.
BC Witch
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BC Witch »

Even though it's certainly not the best view to watch a concert it must have been pretty interesting seeing what goes on behind a KISS show as it happens.
Rip & Destroy
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Rip & Destroy »

Allamericanman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Allamericanman »

I guess people figured the back of Kiss was better than no Kiss. Especially in the 70s. It would be nice if that kind of gratitude still existed today.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

Allamericanman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:03 am I guess people figured the back of Kiss was better than no Kiss. Especially in the 70s. It would be nice if that kind of gratitude still existed today.
What? It still does...

Kissologist

Post by Kissologist »

Rip & Destroy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:38 am Image
Love it! :D
rscott71

Post by rscott71 »

My seat for the 96 show was in back and on ace's side. I could see Ace most of the time but couldn't see the others. Hearing my first KISS concert was better than no first KISS concert. I've since seen the show from the front on youtube.
Allamericanman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Allamericanman »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:19 am
Allamericanman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:03 am I guess people figured the back of Kiss was better than no Kiss. Especially in the 70s. It would be nice if that kind of gratitude still existed today.
What? It still does...

That's in London. I meant somewhere else.
worth1
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by worth1 »

That view in the OP would be really interesting to watch from, especially if you were going to multiple shows on that tour. You will see things you never would otherwise get to see.
OrigialEraFan
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by OrigialEraFan »

I was at the Dynasty tour straight in front of the band and that was the first time I saw people behind the stage. Just thought who would want to sit there?
johnsaidwhat
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by johnsaidwhat »

The Dynasty stage was kind of designed to be able to recognize and play to fans behind the stage.
They were obviously expecting non-stop full houses.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

Allamericanman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:40 am
What? It still does...

Philadelphia

turbodrive
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by turbodrive »

johnsaidwhat wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:40 am The Dynasty stage was kind of designed to be able to recognize and play to fans behind the stage.
They were obviously expecting non-stop full houses.
True. I remember reading an interview in a magazine before the tour started, and it was either Paul or Gene discussing the new stage. They were talking about having the amps hanging above the lighting truss so fans in the back could see the stage better. There's also a picture floating around of the lion's head image being both on the front and back of Peter's drum riser. Little did they know (but should have) that none of that would be necessary.
Allamericanman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Allamericanman »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:29 am
Allamericanman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:40 am
What? It still does...

Philadelphia

Apology accepted.