a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Post Reply
User avatar
daltonic1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3403
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: East Bay
Contact:

a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by daltonic1 »

you can't deny that from 1974-1978 they worked harder than any rock band in the world.
their touring/recording/touring cycle was RELENTLESS and it kind of gets lost in the shuffle that
they were a brand new band that was a huge hit very quickly and they worked their asses off
to keep the momentum.
even in the 80's, when they were staying afloat and rebuilding their reputation, every year they recorded a record and toured for half the year or more.
KISS might not be everyone's cup of tea but nobody can deny their work ethic when you look at their production/schedule that first 4 or 5 years of being a band.
User avatar
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7394
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Bruce »

My admiration for KIϟϟ is without measure!
User avatar
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Wichita77 »

They worked hard and earned their place in rock history. No doubt about it.
User avatar
HOFCity
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5195
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Westerville, OH
Contact:

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by HOFCity »

After those years sadly they were more concerned and focused on their show.
tazchris
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:15 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by tazchris »

The way I see it is that they earned that right to be.
User avatar
Fartbone
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 17296
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles Rules!!!

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Fartbone »

daltonic1 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:52 pm you can't deny that from 1974-1978 they worked harder than any rock band in the world.
their touring/recording/touring cycle was RELENTLESS and it kind of gets lost in the shuffle that
they were a brand new band that was a huge hit very quickly and they worked their asses off
to keep the momentum.
even in the 80's, when they were staying afloat and rebuilding their reputation, every year they recorded a record and toured for half the year or more.
KISS might not be everyone's cup of tea but nobody can deny their work ethic when you look at their production/schedule that first 4 or 5 years of being a band.
Magic years for sure
Nellcote71
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4528
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Nellcote71 »

daltonic1 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:52 pm you can't deny that from 1974-1978 they worked harder than any rock band in the world.
their touring/recording/touring cycle was RELENTLESS and it kind of gets lost in the shuffle that
they were a brand new band that was a huge hit very quickly and they worked their asses off
to keep the momentum.
even in the 80's, when they were staying afloat and rebuilding their reputation, every year they recorded a record and toured for half the year or more.
KISS might not be everyone's cup of tea but nobody can deny their work ethic when you look at their production/schedule that first 4 or 5 years of being a band.
They have ridden that wave from the 80’s till now.
In regard to their 70’s schedule - it wasn’t out of the ordinary for bands of that time though...
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Grand Classic »

Many bands were grinding it out in the 70's with album, tour, album, tour. KISS didn't invent the 2 albums in one year thing.

Truth be told, the albums would have been better if they took more of a break in between them, so things suffered creatively.

In the 80's things really took a turn for the worse.
User avatar
Andy Capp
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3669
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:28 pm
Location: Taste The Oven Baked Crunch!

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Andy Capp »

Fartbone wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:53 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:52 pm you can't deny that from 1974-1978 they worked harder than any rock band in the world.
their touring/recording/touring cycle was RELENTLESS and it kind of gets lost in the shuffle that
they were a brand new band that was a huge hit very quickly and they worked their asses off
to keep the momentum.
even in the 80's, when they were staying afloat and rebuilding their reputation, every year they recorded a record and toured for half the year or more.
KISS might not be everyone's cup of tea but nobody can deny their work ethic when you look at their production/schedule that first 4 or 5 years of being a band.
Magic years for sure
old Andy says they certainly were‘ good buddy----
User avatar
richardsimmons
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:01 pm
Location: San Francisco $leazy Tree-Huggin’ Kizz-luvin’ RNR Ba$tard

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by richardsimmons »

daltonic1 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:52 pm you can't deny that from 1974-1978 they worked harder than any rock band in the world.
their touring/recording/touring cycle was RELENTLESS and it kind of gets lost in the shuffle that
they were a brand new band that was a huge hit very quickly and they worked their asses off
to keep the momentum.
even in the 80's, when they were staying afloat and rebuilding their reputation, every year they recorded a record and toured for half the year or more.
KISS might not be everyone's cup of tea but nobody can deny their work ethic when you look at their production/schedule that first 4 or 5 years of being a band.
Luv the positivity of this post. Hell ya ! Wish I could’ve been doing this too.
User avatar
Choose_One
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:12 am
Location: Harpenden, UK

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Choose_One »

1974-1982 - Absolutely brilliant. Even those kamikaze albums from 79-81 have a certain charm.
1983-1996 - Different band. No disgrace, but I don't hear much 'magic' listening back to this era, apart from the odd song, Tears Are Falling, Lick It Up, Forever, GGRNRTY, Unholy...
User avatar
ftjr1974
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1452
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:00 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by ftjr1974 »

daltonic1 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:52 pm you can't deny that from 1974-1978 they worked harder than any rock band in the world.
their touring/recording/touring cycle was RELENTLESS and it kind of gets lost in the shuffle that
they were a brand new band that was a huge hit very quickly and they worked their asses off
to keep the momentum.
even in the 80's, when they were staying afloat and rebuilding their reputation, every year they recorded a record and toured for half the year or more.
KISS might not be everyone's cup of tea but nobody can deny their work ethic when you look at their production/schedule that first 4 or 5 years of being a band.
Of course they worked hard to become who they were. And they earned everything they got during those days. But Kiss 2001-present is not even in the same universe as Kiss 1974-2001. I wouldn't pay $1,000 to see the original Kiss reunited for a PPV concert. So needless to say the prices they are charging for this show is asinine.

I recently received the new Iron Maiden Nights Of The Dead deluxe package which included a laminated pass, lithograph, triple lp vinyl and double cd. The texture of the album and sleeves is extraordinary. The sound quality is great and the souvenirs are awesome especially since I saw the band on this tour. All for $78! Bruce Dickinson isn't lip syncing and if you saw Maiden on this tour you may agree that the show blew away anything Kiss has done in years. And it is better than whatever crap Kiss will pull on NYE. 350 cameras and an attempt at breaking the world record for pyro is all nothing but smoke and mirrors to cover up the fact that Kiss just doesn't have it anymore. Same old set list, lip syncing, boring boring boring.
Kisscandinavia
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3001
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Kisscandinavia »

Yep, they worked hard back then, but so did many other bands. One of my all-time favorite bands, CCR, made 3 excellent studio albums in 1969. I wish bands made more music today and less that never ending touring... But money talks... Unfortunately.
User avatar
Soylent Gene
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1922
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Soylent Gene »

They were a band before they turned into a brand.
User avatar
Man of a Thousand Aces
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4985
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Man of a Thousand Aces »

Wichita77 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:00 pm They worked hard and earned their place in rock history. No doubt about it.
That's generally the way I say it.
Somebody Backstage
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:54 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Somebody Backstage »

Ace........DID NOTHING.
User avatar
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Wichita77 »

Somebody Backstage wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:35 pm Ace........DID NOTHING.
Who was that guy touring-recording-touring-recording-touring-recording-touring etc. in the spaceman makeup in those early years? Who was the guitarist who inpired a countless guitarist to play? Who helped shape the Kiss sound during their rise to superstardom?

I’m not saying that he worked as hard as anyone in Kiss but he did do SOMETHING.
Somebody Backstage
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:54 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Somebody Backstage »

Wichita77 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:06 pm
Somebody Backstage wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:35 pm Ace........DID NOTHING.
Who was that guy touring-recording-touring-recording-touring-recording-touring etc. in the spaceman makeup in those early years? Who was the guitarist who inpired a countless guitarist to play? Who helped shape the Kiss sound during their rise to superstardom?

I’m not saying that he worked as hard as anyone in Kiss but he did do SOMETHING.
Relax, I am quoting Gene's book.
User avatar
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Wichita77 »

Somebody Backstage wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:58 am
Wichita77 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:06 pm
Somebody Backstage wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:35 pm Ace........DID NOTHING.
Who was that guy touring-recording-touring-recording-touring-recording-touring etc. in the spaceman makeup in those early years? Who was the guitarist who inpired a countless guitarist to play? Who helped shape the Kiss sound during their rise to superstardom?

I’m not saying that he worked as hard as anyone in Kiss but he did do SOMETHING.
Relax, I am quoting Gene's book.
Sorry. Usually people throw a :roll: or :lol: when they are being sarcastic, so I missed the intent. As an Ace fan since way back, I had to come to his defense.
Somebody Backstage
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:54 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Somebody Backstage »

Wichita77 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:30 pm
Somebody Backstage wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:58 am
Wichita77 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:06 pm
Somebody Backstage wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:35 pm Ace........DID NOTHING.
Who was that guy touring-recording-touring-recording-touring-recording-touring etc. in the spaceman makeup in those early years? Who was the guitarist who inpired a countless guitarist to play? Who helped shape the Kiss sound during their rise to superstardom?

I’m not saying that he worked as hard as anyone in Kiss but he did do SOMETHING.
Relax, I am quoting Gene's book.
Sorry. Usually people throw a :roll: or :lol: when they are being sarcastic, so I missed the intent. As an Ace fan since way back, I had to come to his defense.
Got it! :D
User avatar
daltonic1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3403
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: East Bay
Contact:

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by daltonic1 »

it's funny to see replies to a post about how hard KISS worked in the 70's that slag a bunch of dudes still working in their 70's.

reminder: it's not our band. we aren't in KISS. we don't have to love / like / hate any of it and if we do, it doesn't matter, it's not our band.
we're fans. we like some shit, we hate some shit, we buy some, we don't.
but endlessly bitching about something you have no control of is so tiresome. it's not even productive criticism like, "i wish they'd release new material" or anything. it's just, "they suck now, etc". yes, KISS will try and get every last dollar. is this a shock to anyone at this point? yes, KISS lip synch. paul is old as fuck and can barely sing. KISS are not a band, they are a nostalgia trip and fun for people who want to have some fun going to see KISS.
it's the same as it always has been. suspended belief. KISS weren't superheroes, we were young. now KISS sing along to their own vocal tracks. they are old.
it's life. if you don't like it, don't go.
there's not a person - probably - who goes to see contemporary KISS and is expecting 1977 or 1992 KISS. or even 1996. it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
User avatar
UltraCynic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1651
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 8:48 am
Location: Necropolis

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by UltraCynic »

daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it's funny to see replies to a post about how hard KISS worked in the 70's that slag a bunch of dudes still working in their 70's.

reminder: it's not our band. we aren't in KISS. we don't have to love / like / hate any of it and if we do, it doesn't matter, it's not our band.
we're fans. we like some shit, we hate some shit, we buy some, we don't.
but endlessly bitching about something you have no control of is so tiresome. it's not even productive criticism like, "i wish they'd release new material" or anything. it's just, "they suck now, etc". yes, KISS will try and get every last dollar. is this a shock to anyone at this point? yes, KISS lip synch. paul is old as fuck and can barely sing. KISS are not a band, they are a nostalgia trip and fun for people who want to have some fun going to see KISS.
it's the same as it always has been. suspended belief. KISS weren't superheroes, we were young. now KISS sing along to their own vocal tracks. they are old.
it's life. if you don't like it, don't go.
there's not a person - probably - who goes to see contemporary KISS and is expecting 1977 or 1992 KISS. or even 1996. it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Are you angling for a Xmas KISS biscuit?
User avatar
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Posts: 28479
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by redinthesky »

Kiss no doubt was one of the hardest working rock bands in the world from 1974-1978, I'm not sure if calling them the hardest working out of everyone is correct. A bunch of bands really did a non-stop grind in the 70s of touring and recording. But Kiss are certainly way up there. They were truly magical years.

Just one example shows-wise for just one other band, The Ramones did 439 shows from 1974-1978, including 282 in '77 and '78 alone, big years. They also did another astounding 155 shows in 1979. Of course, that's all besides the promo they did for pretty much every show, plus albums. Cheap Trick I believe was another that just toured incessantly.

But yes no doubt Kiss deserves to be called a legendary hard-working band.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Grand Classic »

They should have slowed down a bit and actually spent some time making great albums instead of albums that sound half baked and rushed. You didn't need to release two albums a year.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Grand Classic »

daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it's funny to see replies to a post about how hard KISS worked in the 70's that slag a bunch of dudes still working in their 70's.

reminder: it's not our band. we aren't in KISS. we don't have to love / like / hate any of it and if we do, it doesn't matter, it's not our band.
we're fans. we like some shit, we hate some shit, we buy some, we don't.
but endlessly bitching about something you have no control of is so tiresome. it's not even productive criticism like, "i wish they'd release new material" or anything. it's just, "they suck now, etc". yes, KISS will try and get every last dollar. is this a shock to anyone at this point? yes, KISS lip synch. paul is old as fuck and can barely sing. KISS are not a band, they are a nostalgia trip and fun for people who want to have some fun going to see KISS.
it's the same as it always has been. suspended belief. KISS weren't superheroes, we were young. now KISS sing along to their own vocal tracks. they are old.
it's life. if you don't like it, don't go.
there's not a person - probably - who goes to see contemporary KISS and is expecting 1977 or 1992 KISS. or even 1996. it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Welcome to the internet. It is the exact same on every other fan forum.
totiefields
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2484
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:43 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by totiefields »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:11 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it's funny to see replies to a post about how hard KISS worked in the 70's that slag a bunch of dudes still working in their 70's.

reminder: it's not our band. we aren't in KISS. we don't have to love / like / hate any of it and if we do, it doesn't matter, it's not our band.
we're fans. we like some shit, we hate some shit, we buy some, we don't.
but endlessly bitching about something you have no control of is so tiresome. it's not even productive criticism like, "i wish they'd release new material" or anything. it's just, "they suck now, etc". yes, KISS will try and get every last dollar. is this a shock to anyone at this point? yes, KISS lip synch. paul is old as fuck and can barely sing. KISS are not a band, they are a nostalgia trip and fun for people who want to have some fun going to see KISS.
it's the same as it always has been. suspended belief. KISS weren't superheroes, we were young. now KISS sing along to their own vocal tracks. they are old.
it's life. if you don't like it, don't go.
there's not a person - probably - who goes to see contemporary KISS and is expecting 1977 or 1992 KISS. or even 1996. it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Welcome to the internet. It is the exact same on every other fan forum.
The type of fan who posts on message boards 25 times per day is not representative of all fans.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Grand Classic »

totiefields wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:24 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:11 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it's funny to see replies to a post about how hard KISS worked in the 70's that slag a bunch of dudes still working in their 70's.

reminder: it's not our band. we aren't in KISS. we don't have to love / like / hate any of it and if we do, it doesn't matter, it's not our band.
we're fans. we like some shit, we hate some shit, we buy some, we don't.
but endlessly bitching about something you have no control of is so tiresome. it's not even productive criticism like, "i wish they'd release new material" or anything. it's just, "they suck now, etc". yes, KISS will try and get every last dollar. is this a shock to anyone at this point? yes, KISS lip synch. paul is old as fuck and can barely sing. KISS are not a band, they are a nostalgia trip and fun for people who want to have some fun going to see KISS.
it's the same as it always has been. suspended belief. KISS weren't superheroes, we were young. now KISS sing along to their own vocal tracks. they are old.
it's life. if you don't like it, don't go.
there's not a person - probably - who goes to see contemporary KISS and is expecting 1977 or 1992 KISS. or even 1996. it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Welcome to the internet. It is the exact same on every other fan forum.
The type of fan who posts on message boards 25 times per day is not representative of all fans.
Most fans of whatever it is are not on the forums.
User avatar
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3033
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by TheSpoiler »

daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Completely agreed. However, some people really do get their jollies from running things down that they used to love. Misery loves company.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Completely agreed. However, some people really do get their jollies from running things down that they used to love. Misery loves company.
That would be most people.
User avatar
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3033
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by TheSpoiler »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:09 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Completely agreed. However, some people really do get their jollies from running things down that they used to love. Misery loves company.
That would be most people.
Happily, no.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:11 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:09 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Completely agreed. However, some people really do get their jollies from running things down that they used to love. Misery loves company.
That would be most people.
Happily, no.
You would be wrong, especially when it comes to the internet in general. You are far more likely to see people shitting on something instead of gushing over it.
User avatar
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3033
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by TheSpoiler »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:16 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:11 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:09 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Completely agreed. However, some people really do get their jollies from running things down that they used to love. Misery loves company.
That would be most people.
Happily, no.
You would be wrong, especially when it comes to the internet in general. You are far more likely to see people shitting on something instead of gushing over it.
You shouldn't judge people by your own standards.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:44 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:16 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:11 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:09 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Completely agreed. However, some people really do get their jollies from running things down that they used to love. Misery loves company.
That would be most people.
Happily, no.
You would be wrong, especially when it comes to the internet in general. You are far more likely to see people shitting on something instead of gushing over it.
You shouldn't judge people by your own standards.
I don't.
User avatar
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3033
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by TheSpoiler »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:51 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:44 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:16 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:11 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:09 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Completely agreed. However, some people really do get their jollies from running things down that they used to love. Misery loves company.
That would be most people.
Happily, no.
You would be wrong, especially when it comes to the internet in general. You are far more likely to see people shitting on something instead of gushing over it.
You shouldn't judge people by your own standards.
I don't.
That's great. Enjoy your Christmas.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:53 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:51 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:44 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:16 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:11 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:09 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Completely agreed. However, some people really do get their jollies from running things down that they used to love. Misery loves company.
That would be most people.
Happily, no.
You would be wrong, especially when it comes to the internet in general. You are far more likely to see people shitting on something instead of gushing over it.
You shouldn't judge people by your own standards.
I don't.
That's great. Enjoy your Christmas.
You too.
totiefields
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2484
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:43 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by totiefields »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:09 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Completely agreed. However, some people really do get their jollies from running things down that they used to love. Misery loves company.
That would be most people.
"A thief believes everybody steals"
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Grand Classic »

totiefields wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:52 am
Grand Classic wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:09 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm
daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it is what it is.
accept it and have fun, or don't, and walk away.
but the energy to complain ?
i just don't understand the motivation to constantly express discontent over something that has 0 real world impact on you.
Completely agreed. However, some people really do get their jollies from running things down that they used to love. Misery loves company.
That would be most people.
"A thief believes everybody steals"
I see that you are new to the internet - welcome.
User avatar
KLP68
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:02 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by KLP68 »

There will be thousands of quotes after the Dubai show. 90% negative :lol:
User avatar
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3033
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by TheSpoiler »

KLP68 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:02 am There will be thousands of quotes after the Dubai show. 90% negative :lol:
Undoubtedly. Some people have already made their minds up how it went. I'm surprised we haven;t had reviews of the New Year Buffet yet. :lol:
Mr. Kiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2504
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Mr. Kiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:57 pm Many bands were grinding it out in the 70's with album, tour, album, tour. KISS didn't invent the 2 albums in one year thing.

Truth be told, the albums would have been better if they took more of a break in between them, so things suffered creatively.

In the 80's things really took a turn for the worse.
True. To your first point--- rightly or wrongly--- that was the prevalent "business model" in the music biz at the time. :|... :?:
User avatar
gene therapist
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4721
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:32 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by gene therapist »

daltonic1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am it's funny to see replies to a post about how hard KISS worked in the 70's that slag a bunch of dudes still working in their 70's.
What's so funny about it? It's not illogical in the least. When the quality of the output is shit, hard work in itself is hardly a merit. There's a fundamental quality difference between Kiss in the 70's and Kiss in their 70's.

The real professional, when no longer able to do his job, retires or moves on to do something else - because he loves his craft and values his professionalism and integrity. Not happening in the case of Kiss of course.
Starburst
Banned
Banned
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:57 am

Re: a LOT of people talk shit about KISS, but...

Post by Starburst »

daltonic1 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:52 pm you can't deny that from 1974-1978 they worked harder than any rock band in the world.
their touring/recording/touring cycle was RELENTLESS and it kind of gets lost in the shuffle that
they were a brand new band that was a huge hit very quickly and they worked their asses off
to keep the momentum.
even in the 80's, when they were staying afloat and rebuilding their reputation, every year they recorded a record and toured for half the year or more.
KISS might not be everyone's cup of tea but nobody can deny their work ethic when you look at their production/schedule that first 4 or 5 years of being a band.
Sure, they worked hard, like many bands of the era. But I remember an interview with Gene where of course he had to exaggerate, stating they played over 300 concerts a year. Not even close.
Post Reply