KFP Ep.332 - Dubai-Or-Not-Dubai...

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Admin
Yawn

KFP Ep.332 - Dubai-Or-Not-Dubai...

Post by Admin »

Julian, Ken, and Andy discuss the Dubai KISS 2020 Goodbye Livestream in a bit more depth than anticipated...

The KissFAQ Podcast is a weekly chat show featuring members of the KissFAQ message board, and other guests, discussing a wide variety of KISS-related topics. Our objective is simple: Have fun chatting with other fans from around the world and hopefully entertain the KISS Army in the process.

Discuss the topic on the KissFAQ message board, http://www.kissfaq.com/forum18/, or visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theKissfaq/

A big thanks to the participants! And our listeners!!

The episode is also available at:
Direct MP3: http://www.kissfaqpodcast.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/kissfaq
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/kis ... d959291416
Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/kissfaq-podcast
Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/kiss ... ast-702305
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: KFP Ep.332 - Dubai-Or-Not-Dubai...

Post by Tallbear13 »

Good show if somebody gives it to me as a present i'll watch it but i'm going to wait for the dvd
Like Andy said if this was a normal ppv like the wrestling ppv parties i used to go to ,we would have over 20 plus at my friend's parent's house
Rhiannon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Rhiannon »

Thanks again for another show. Condolences to your wife Andy and yourself Julian having to endure a bout of COVID, a horrendous virus.This has been a dreadful year and for Kiss to announce something like this....stinks. Again everyone can either buy or not buy a pay per view, but surely Kiss could have just given the fans a std pay per view “lip synched “ concert for all of us to enjoy.

COVID is playing into the hands of Kiss, I am sure more than ever Kisstory will finish up in 2023....making it truly a 50 year finish.
I really hope they record/ lip sync some obscure tracks to make this a bit more enticing for the people who purchase this.
pepperkitty
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by pepperkitty »

Cool show! I plan to order the regular viewing. Watch “live” and then again at midnight, outdoors on my backyard theater. Smoke some ribs, drink some beers!
I believe there will be a official release of the show on vinyl later down the road, I’m sure there will be bootlegs on vinyl by the end of January! Haha. Same as bootleg dvds. Not saying one should support that but I’m just saying.
lord71
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by lord71 »

Didn't have time to listen yet.

However, two questions:

1.) Why they do not provide VR possibility with x number of 360 cameras installed on site to different seats?

2.) Is there really real audience.? I thought it was supposed to be played to empty arena
Real audience. Really, during the worst phase of pandemic...?
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

lord71 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:35 am Didn't have time to listen yet.

However, two questions:

1.) Why they do not provide VR possibility with x number of 360 cameras installed on site to different seats?

2.) Is there really real audience.? I thought it was supposed to be played to empty arena
Answer to no.2 , no audience since UfC is not having fans in Abu Dhabi and its 87 miles from Dubai
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

How much do you think the guys are getting paid? and since the UFC has been doing events in Abu Dhabi 87 miles from Dubai did that make it easier to get the show ?
Ace of Bass
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ace of Bass »

The virtue singalong by some around here is nauseating. I don’t understand why some people here are up in arms about this event. People around the world are being hired to perform services despite the pandemic for far less than what the Emirate is paying KISS. KISS will be using a chartered plane with rapid testing. Also, no one is holding a gun to the heads of the stage crew to participate either. I’m sure everyone is getting paid handsomely in conjunction with all available safety measures. The in person “audience” will be people watching from their suite balconies who are also there on their own free will. I’m tired of reading about how insensitive this is during “this phase” of the pandemic. Exactly what is different now that makes the even so offensive to you? You should be far more offended by the UAE’s record on human rights than any COVID concerns. Then again, to be fair, the UAE recently became only the third Arab nation to recognize Israel’s right to exist, something which I’m also sure played a role in this show’s genesis.

TL, DR: KISS is getting paid a metric shit ton of money to perform a concert at a resort, by a promoter willing to shell out big time to guard against COVID spread. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. I don’t even know if I’ll buy it myself, but quit with the “how dare they” horse shit.
peopleselbow
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by peopleselbow »

Ace of Bass wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:21 am The virtue singalong by some around here is nauseating. I don’t understand why some people here are up in arms about this event. People around the world are being hired to perform services despite the pandemic for far less than what the Emirate is paying KISS. KISS will be using a chartered plane with rapid testing. Also, no one is holding a gun to the heads of the stage crew to participate either. I’m sure everyone is getting paid handsomely in conjunction with all available safety measures. The in person “audience” will be people watching from their suite balconies who are also there on their own free will. I’m tired of reading about how insensitive this is during “this phase” of the pandemic. Exactly what is different now that makes the even so offensive to you? You should be far more offended by the UAE’s record on human rights than any COVID concerns. Then again, to be fair, the UAE recently became only the third Arab nation to recognize Israel’s right to exist, something which I’m also sure played a role in this show’s genesis.

TL, DR: KISS is getting paid a metric shit ton of money to perform a concert at a resort, by a promoter willing to shell out big time to guard against COVID spread. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. I don’t even know if I’ll buy it myself, but quit with the “how dare they” horse shit.
THIS ! THANK YOU for the post !
Admin
Yawn

Post by Admin »

Tallbear13 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:03 am How much do you think the guys are getting paid? and since the UFC has been doing events in Abu Dhabi 87 miles from Dubai did that make it easier to get the show ?
I don't care what they get paid. I hope I get my money's worth!
lord71

Post by lord71 »

peopleselbow wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:04 am You should be far more offended by the UAE’s record on human rights than any COVID concerns.
I would be concerned on both. But, hey, money talks, it seems.
peopleselbow wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:04 am
Then again, to be fair, the UAE recently became only the third Arab nation to recognize Israel’s right to exist, something which I’m also sure played a role in this show’s genesis.
Is that so? Well, that explains. I used to travel a bit to Dubai during past 5 years and it was generally acknowledged to make sure that you had passport without any proof of visits to Israel. Otherwise you would be turned back to your departing country @airport.
lord71

Post by lord71 »

Tallbear13 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:54 am

However, two questions:

Answer to no.2 , no audience since UfC is not having fans in Abu Dhabi and its 87 miles from Dubai
? What has 'audience or not' to do with Abu Dhabi?
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

Admin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:24 am
Tallbear13 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:03 am How much do you think the guys are getting paid? and since the UFC has been doing events in Abu Dhabi 87 miles from Dubai did that make it easier to get the show ?
I think if you were there in person, you would get your money’s worth. I guess steamed KISS is better than no KISS.
KLP68
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by KLP68 »

Hughesnet satellite can’t stream so I’m not worried about it. If I could I would watch KISS .. 50 bucks so what since I’m saving money by staying isolated.
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

lord71 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:30 am
Tallbear13 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:54 am

However, two questions:

? What has 'audience or not' to do with Abu Dhabi?
I just meant since its down the road from there they would not have fans there same rules for both places
Kissstation
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Kissstation »

Ace of Bass wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:21 am The virtue singalong by some around here is nauseating. I don’t understand why some people here are up in arms about this event. People around the world are being hired to perform services despite the pandemic for far less than what the Emirate is paying KISS. KISS will be using a chartered plane with rapid testing. Also, no one is holding a gun to the heads of the stage crew to participate either. I’m sure everyone is getting paid handsomely in conjunction with all available safety measures. The in person “audience” will be people watching from their suite balconies who are also there on their own free will. I’m tired of reading about how insensitive this is during “this phase” of the pandemic. Exactly what is different now that makes the even so offensive to you? You should be far more offended by the UAE’s record on human rights than any COVID concerns. Then again, to be fair, the UAE recently became only the third Arab nation to recognize Israel’s right to exist, something which I’m also sure played a role in this show’s genesis.

Totally agree. They and their crew are making their own choice to do this. And YES I believe they can quarantine for 2 weeks when they get there. Why would they not? Between Zoom, game counsels and Netflix, it is a sacrifice they (like the rest of those who have been directly effected) can do.
lord71

Post by lord71 »

69th_B1izard wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:11 am
Admin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:24 am
I think if you were there in person, you would get your money’s worth. I guess steamed KISS is better than no KISS.
Disagree. There is no KISS anymore. Hasn't been since A&P left and Bruce never came back. Seriously. Add lipsynching to that....
They should've quit back in 2001 or got back with Revenge lineup.
peopleselbow
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by peopleselbow »

UFC has been doing PPV fights from Dubai for a few months now. KISS will be tested, sheltered, censored and paid well.

I am buying this for sure. May even get the second package.

Andy does bring up a good point about Paul being sanctimonious on Twitter. It is unfortunate this disease became so political. I had it back in early June. It knocked me on my ass for a few days but I have been much sicker with other stuff. The Swine Flu was a lot worse in my case. My doctor said he never thought in his 40 years of practice he would he a disease so politicizes. You have people blaming other people when they are sick. People are ratting out and shaming each other. It is insanity.
Mackemkiss

Post by Mackemkiss »

Enjoyable podcast. Made me laugh a few times!
It would be beyond funny if they accidentally sent out the vinyl lps to people before the live stream :lol:
crimsonharpoon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by crimsonharpoon »

Enjoyable show as always guys. I generally agree with Ace of Bass & others in terms of adults choosing for themselves to put on the show, including the crew and band and everyone else involved. From that standpoint, I'm all for it; however, as usual, Gene & Paul have sort of set themselves up for ridicule/criticism etc. After their constant carping about safety & staying home, admonishing people for complaining and whatnot, it is a bad look for them. Someone earlier in the thread used "sanctimonious" and that's a pretty fair assessment. I'm not sure why Gene & Paul talking out of both sides of their mouths can STILL surprise me, but I have to say that this one really did catch me off guard. But, if Paul can lip sync onstage after years of ribbing other artists and Gene can become the spokesman for a pot-based business, how on Earth can I hold it against them for performing this show?
Tito
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Tito »

crimsonharpoon wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:31 pm however, as usual, Gene & Paul have sort of set themselves up for ridicule/criticism etc. After their constant carping about safety & staying home, admonishing people for complaining and whatnot, it is a bad look for them. Someone earlier in the thread used "sanctimonious" and that's a pretty fair assessment. I'm not sure why Gene & Paul talking out of both sides of their mouths can STILL surprise me, but I have to say that this one really did catch me off guard. But, if Paul can lip sync onstage after years of ribbing other artists and Gene can become the spokesman for a pot-based business, how on Earth can I hold it against them for performing this show?
It's almost like every time you hear Gene and Paul criticize something, it's a pretty safe bet they'll soon be doing that exact thing.