Blocked by Paul on Twitter

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Rhiannon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Blocked by Paul on Twitter

Post by Rhiannon »

Mr Slow wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:41 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:25 pm
Tbond wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:12 pm
firekiss wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:24 pm You call someone arrogant, greedy, dangerous and stupid and wonder why you get blocked?
I'm not "wondering" anything.
Don't worry about Firekiss, who only shows up these days to be critical about KISS fans here.

He doesn't think we have the right to voice our displeasure and disappointment with what KISS are doing, even when it is incredibly valid as it with this Dubai idiocy. That we should just be happy for the things KISS want to do and shut the fuck up.
Nobody says you have to be happy about it. But why do you feel the need to piss and moan about everything?

This is a discussion forum, not a complaints department. Give it a rest! 🙄
Mr Slow, you make so many good points, but on this one, I will politely disagree about complaining about our favourite band. After 40 years of following a kiss, buying all there music, memorabilia etc, we are the people who are justified to care mplain about the state of our favourite band.

We have an arrogant front man for over a decade that can’t admit to his fall from grace over his singing capabilities, I means who would have ever had though this could happen 1 years ago. To deny the s, lip sync for the last 2 years is never what Kiss was about live!

So if someone dares to offer criticism, fuck you Pzul. I just wish he would do a live interview, radio or Tv, and confront him over this deceit, unfortunately he is to protected nowadays.
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Mr Slow »

Rhiannon wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:57 pm
firekiss wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:24 pm You call someone arrogant, greedy, dangerous and stupid and wonder why you get blocked?
Don't worry about Firekiss, who only shows up these days to be critical about KISS fans here.

He doesn't think we have the right to voice our displeasure and disappointment with what KISS are doing, even when it is incredibly valid as it with this Dubai idiocy. That we should just be happy for the things KISS want to do and shut the fuck up.
Nobody says you have to be happy about it. But why do you feel the need to piss and moan about everything?

Mr Slow, you make so many good points, but on this one, I will politely disagree about complaining about our favourite band. After 40 years of following a kiss, buying all there music, memorabilia etc, we are the people who are justified to care mplain about the state of our favourite band.

We have an arrogant front man for over a decade that can’t admit to his fall from grace over his singing capabilities, I means who would have ever had though this could happen 1 years ago. To deny the s, lip sync for the last 2 years is never what Kiss was about live!

So if someone dares to offer criticism, fuck you Pzul. I just wish he would do a live interview, radio or Tv, and confront him over this deceit, unfortunately he is to protected nowadays.
Complaining about certain things is fine. But you must notice that there’s a handful of people here that go far beyond that.
Kisscandinavia
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Kisscandinavia »

Money means everything to G & P. If someone offered them million dollars each, we would have a new Kiss album next month.
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

Complain all you like, but call someone, anyone, arrogant, greedy and stupid on their page, well, they're going to remove you.

I see Grand Classics has quoted me, god bless his little heart. Of course, he exaggerates and misses the point again, but hey, man, that's nothing new.
stutterer

Post by stutterer »

Paul is risking his life for the paying public entertainment, so be more grateful. That may be a stretch but still.
DubaiRockCity
Banned
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

So if someone dares to offer criticism, fuck you Pzul.
There is no Dana only Pzul.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

Picking (or agreeing to) Dubai for several reasons is tone deaf and appalling.
Tbond
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Tbond »

stutterer wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:31 am Paul is risking his life for the paying public entertainment, so be more grateful. That may be a stretch but still.
He's risking hundreds, if not thousands, of lives.

Glad you agree.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

Tbond wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 am
stutterer wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:31 am Paul is risking his life for the paying public entertainment, so be more grateful. That may be a stretch but still.

Glad you agree.
How? Aren’t they playing an empty arena?
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

Interesting. So is Paul going to fly his Dad over as well, with the whole fam? Why not..... sounds like a good idea. He can afford it. They won’t have to be on a commercial flight or tromping through the airports. Do it, Paul. What a great moment for your family........................
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:33 am
Tbond wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 am

Glad you agree.
How? Aren’t they playing an empty arena?
From what I undrstand, there will be an audience but from hotel balconies. There won't be an audience right in front of them. Bit dramatic to say that Kiss are risking hundreds if not thousands of lives tho. :lol:
stutterer

Post by stutterer »

Paul obviously won't lick his fingers but will he turn and hug himself reunion era style? :scratch: Also Gene licking Tommy's neck is probably out of the question...
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

stutterer wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:36 am Paul obviously won't lick his fingers but will he turn and hug himself reunion era style? :scratch: Also Gene licking Tommy's neck is probably out of the question...
Will they share microphones?
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Grizzly Adams wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:01 am
stutterer wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:36 am Paul obviously won't lick his fingers but will he turn and hug himself reunion era style? :scratch: Also Gene licking Tommy's neck is probably out of the question...
Will they share microphones?
Will they maintain 6 feet of social distance when they gather around Eric Singer's piano as he performs 'Beth'?
jconnors
Location: OHIO STATE BUCKEYES 2018 AND 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Post by jconnors »

firekiss wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:28 am

I see Grand Classics has quoted me, god bless his little heart. Of course, he exaggerates and misses the point again, but hey man, that's nothing new.
I see what you did here :) did this place let him back in?
Fartbone
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Fartbone »

Mr Slow wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Complaining about certain things is fine. But you must notice that there’s a handful of people here that go far beyond that.
Only in your mind. Hypersensitive you are.
Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

Fartbone wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:42 am
Mr Slow wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Only in your mind. Hypersensitive you are.
Amen, Bro Bone
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

They’ re grown ups. They know the risks, take precautions, etc. Nothing irresponsible about it.
Other thing is charging big money for a lip synced virtual performance. This is ridiculous.
As for Paul - twitter brings out the worst in him
Last edited by Ratmir on Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
KissRMe4life
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by KissRMe4life »

It’s a bad idea unless Bert is getting paid...then of course he’s doing us a favor by lip syncing for us.

But seriously, shame on anyone that goes to Paul for advice on life.... he’s just a mere mortal...
Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

KissRMe4life wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:06 am It’s a bad idea unless Bert is getting paid...then of course he’s doing us a favor by lip syncing for us.

But seriously, shame on anyone that goes to Paul for advice on life.... he’s just a mere mortal...
too young to be sailing
KissRMe4life
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by KissRMe4life »

I’d pay if he actually sang 100% live. (Crickets chirping in the KISS camp... then a reply “but there will be the most Pyro and confetti you’ve ever seen”..... my reply “rolling my eyes”
richardsimmons
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Location: San Francisco $leazy Tree-Huggin’ Kizz-luvin’ RNR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

The thing about famous people is.... they’re people.

Imperfect, & don’t wanna deal with BS.

I would block you too.
torgotheme
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by torgotheme »

If someone tweeted at Paul with some facts stated in a rational way and Paul blocked 'em, that'd be a little more noteworthy than this. Frankly, this is just one of a million examples of how social media is an absolute plague for humanity. If you're really upset with Paul, try voicing your concerns in an adult manner. Better yet, just vote with your wallet, get off of Twitter and stop perpetuating our shitty social media culture.
doombies
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by doombies »

Tbond wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:59 pm My tweet pretty much sums up how I feel about this entire Dubai shit show during a pandemic.

Stanley really is a thin-skinned individual who apparently blocks people when they say something he doesn't like.

What a pity ; I really have lost all respect for this band.
There’s a reason why he blocked you

he probably didn’t like your immature, crybaby, childish, and thin skinned response. it’s a business decision, no need to cry

you’re the one that’s thin skinned
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

torgotheme wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 am If someone tweeted at Paul with some facts stated in a rational way and Paul blocked 'em, that'd be a little more noteworthy than this. Frankly, this is just one of a million examples of how social media is an absolute plague for humanity.
Agreed. If you really want to get your point across to someone and have them hear what you have to say, maybe don't make your opening communication a series of insults. Unless of course you're just trying to get a reaction. Which didn't happen either.
Tail of a hurricane

Post by Tail of a hurricane »

Mr Slow wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm
Tail of a hurricane wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:30 pm Paul is as inconsistent as the government’s restrictions themselves. He rides a bike down the beach with a mask on , and now he’s doing a concert abroad in Dubai. When money talks, bullshit walks.
It’s not a concert though is it? I assumed it was an empty arena that is being live streamed all over the world. They’ll most likely arrive in a private jet, quarantine for the correct length of time and play a show to nobody.
I may of read wrong, but I’m sure I read there will be an audience .
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

torgotheme wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 am If someone tweeted at Paul with some facts stated in a rational way and Paul blocked 'em, that'd be a little more noteworthy than this. Frankly, this is just one of a million examples of how social media is an absolute plague for humanity. If you're really upset with Paul, try voicing your concerns in an adult manner. Better yet, just vote with your wallet, get off of Twitter and stop perpetuating our shitty social media culture.
Agree 100%.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

Tail of a hurricane wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:06 pm
Tail of a hurricane wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:30 pm Paul is as inconsistent as the government’s restrictions themselves. He rides a bike down the beach with a mask on , and now he’s doing a concert abroad in Dubai. When money talks, bullshit walks.
It’s not a concert though is it? I assumed it was an empty arena that is being live streamed all over the world. They’ll most likely arrive in a private jet, quarantine for the correct length of time and play a show to nobody.
I’m not sure. They’re calling it a “virtual concert” which to me suggests the only audience are those watching at home. Plus, with 50 cameras I imagine they’ll have a crew or two onstage and up close to create some unique views. Not conducive to a live audience. Besides all that, knowing KISS it will be pre-recorded and overdubbed etc. and that also points to an empty arena/stadium.

I’ll do some googling and see what I can find... 👀
Admin
Yawn

Post by Admin »

Good lord.
DubaiRockCity
Banned
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

A rep for the event tells Variety that producer Dan Catullo anticipates approximately 2,000-3,000 attendees for the live concert, with the exact number to be determined by rooming capacity of the hotel: due to safety protocol the event is limited to people staying at the hotel. Details on travel packages will be announced in the coming days.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/kis ... 234836704/
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:29 pm
I’m not sure. They’re calling it a “virtual concert” which to me suggests the only audience are those watching at home. Plus, with 50 cameras I imagine they’ll have a crew or two onstage and up close to create some unique views. Not conducive to a live audience. Besides all that, knowing KISS it will be pre-recorded and overdubbed etc. and that also points to an empty arena/stadium.

The Rolling Stone article sez:

"Kiss will be performing outdoors from Dubai’s Atlantis Hotel, and while a majority of fans will watch by stream, several thousand hotel attendees will be viewing from their balconies."
stutterer

Post by stutterer »

By the way, did anyone see what Paul posted on instagram? Check it out, he's a good guy again people!
strangeways747

Post by strangeways747 »

Freewill is a tricky thing, isn't it?
Outside of that I wonder if Kiss fans have been paying attention or not over the last 40 years.
How many times have the band said one thing and done another?
A zillion.
Gene hates drugs but has booze and pot available via some of the companies he has going.
etc.
We know the score.
Don't go or don't watch.
The choice is yours.
I doubt I will watch and I know I won't be going but such is life.
SureKnowSomething

Post by SureKnowSomething »

I'm guessing somehow they got ahold of the vaccine from the trials supply but, aren't publicizing it as not to appear privileged, which they are. Money talks.
Lofton23rdSt

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Tbond wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:59 pm My tweet pretty much sums up how I feel about this entire Dubai shit show during a pandemic.

Stanley really is a thin-skinned individual who apparently blocks people when they say something he doesn't like.

He's been outspoken about covid. What is wrong with the concert?
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:23 pm

He's been outspoken about covid. What is wrong with the concert?
What’s wrong with the “concert”?
It will feature a couple of old geezers who can’t move anymore with pre-taped music, vocals, wigs, & clones. And who knows, maybe even great white sharks?
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:28 am Complain all you like, but call someone, anyone, arrogant, greedy and stupid on their page, well, they're going to remove you.

I see Grand Classics has quoted me, god bless his little heart. Of course, he exaggerates and misses the point again, but hey, man, that's nothing new.
I haven't missed anything or exaggerated - you have only come out of the woodwork to call out KISS fans because they question KISS or are critical because the band does fuck all.

You did the same thing when it came to how inactive they have been during Covid with fans wanting the band to do the same sort of things that other bands have done. If KISS don't want to do anything, we should just accept that and shut the fuck up.
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:49 pm
firekiss wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:28 am Complain all you like, but call someone, anyone, arrogant, greedy and stupid on their page, well, they're going to remove you.

I haven't missed anything or exaggerated - you have only come out of the woodwork to call out KISS fans because they question KISS or are critical because the band does fuck all.
Read my post here again. I didn't tell anyone not to complain. I noted that if you use the language the OP uses then you're more than likely going to get blocked.

And, if you care to read further around the forum you'll see where I actually complained about this "concert" myself.

You did the same thing when it came to how inactive they have been during Covid with fans wanting the band to do the same sort of things that other bands have done. If KISS don't want to do anything, we should just accept that and shut the fuck up.
I'll stand by that one. I don't think anyone should be complaining about anyone else doing whatever they feel is necessary during this pandemic. Interesting that when the band did nothing they were wrong. Now they do something, and they're more wrong. Some people just can't be pleased.
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

firekiss wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:26 pm I'll stand by that one. I don't think anyone should be complaining about anyone else doing whatever they feel is necessary during this pandemic. Interesting that when the band did nothing they were wrong. Now they do something, and they're more wrong. Some people just can't be pleased.
I would like some archival releases. Something from when they were still relevant /legitimate. But they don’t do that for what I believe are spiteful reasons.

Not these Disney on Ice bullshit events (I put any of their recent tours into that category)
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

Nellcote71 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:40 pm
firekiss wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:26 pm I'll stand by that one. I don't think anyone should be complaining about anyone else doing whatever they feel is necessary during this pandemic. Interesting that when the band did nothing they were wrong. Now they do something, and they're more wrong. Some people just can't be pleased.
I would like some archival releases. Something from when they were still relevant /legitimate. But they don’t do that for what I believe are spiteful reasons.

Not these Disney on Ice bullshit events (I put any of their recent tours into that category)
But you know you’d complain anyway because it would either not be the shows YOU want or the editing would not be to YOUR satisfaction or the price wouldn’t make YOU happy.
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

Maybe if you approached Paul in a more civil manner he “maybe” would not have blocked you.
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

I want all the archival stuff too.

I'm not going to begrudge them doing nothing this year. They're entitled to sit on their asses and enjoy family or whatever they like as much as we are.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

firekiss wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:11 pm

I want all the archival stuff too.

I'm not going to begrudge them doing nothing this year. They're entitled to sit on their asses and enjoy family or whatever they like as much as we are.
Some fans can’t seem to comprehend that the archive stuff will come once the touring is over. Right now (if there is a concert industry post COVID) while they’ve still got a live product to sell they don’t want to take potential ticket sales away by fans choosing a $30 BluRay release over a $200 concert ticket.

Fast forward a year or three and this board will be full of “not another BluRay release!” posts. And guess who will be leading the charge? :lol:
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

To the deepest darkest pits of hell with Twitter.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Grand Classic »

69th_B1izard wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:09 pm Maybe if you approached Paul in a more civil manner he “maybe” would not have blocked you.
No matter which way you approach it, Paul is still likely to block someone if they question his hypocrisy or express valid criticism in a friendly manner. Paul is way too thin skinned for that. This is a guy who won't talk to Bob Ezrin anymore, because was critical about Sonic Boom and Monster.
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:05 pm

But you know you’d complain anyway because it would either not be the shows YOU want or the editing would not be to YOUR satisfaction or the price wouldn’t make YOU happy.
Wow.
Can you tell me what I’m doing tomorrow too, Stan? :D

Give a me a full show from one of the 96-00 tours that isn’t split onto two friggin discs - I’ll be happy/content. Is that asking/expecting too much from your “sensitive” standpoint? Put out Houston 77 & Largo 77 in their entirety - and have them restored by someone who knows what the hell they are doing. Reissue Alive! & Alive II and pad them with some SBDs from the same timeframe. It ain’t rocket science.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

Nellcote71 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:54 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Wow.
Can you tell me what I’m doing tomorrow too, Stan? :D

Give a me a full show from one of the 96-00 tours that isn’t split onto two friggin discs - I’ll be happy/content. Is that asking/expecting too much from your “sensitive” standpoint? Put out Houston 77 & Largo 77 in their entirety - and have them restored by someone who knows what the hell they are doing. Reissue Alive! & Alive II and pad them with some SBDs from the same timeframe. It ain’t rocket science.
I noticed you didn’t just say “a full show from 96-00” or “Houston 77 & Largo 77”, but you added caveats on both. You are already outlining what you’re going to be unhappy about! 😂
WinnieWincent
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by WinnieWincent »

The real Pawl would never do this to you. Isn't there a mute feature on twitter? Same effect but without the "drama" of the block
1000000-2-1
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by 1000000-2-1 »

...this
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andreww1962 »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Ive heard that the only attendees will be the guests at the hotel. The hotel is demanding a minimum 5-night stay, $1K per night.