Blocked by Paul on Twitter

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
peopleselbow
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Blocked by Paul on Twitter

Post by peopleselbow »

torgotheme wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 am If someone tweeted at Paul with some facts stated in a rational way and Paul blocked 'em, that'd be a little more noteworthy than this. Frankly, this is just one of a million examples of how social media is an absolute plague for humanity. If you're really upset with Paul, try voicing your concerns in an adult manner. Better yet, just vote with your wallet, get off of Twitter and stop perpetuating our shitty social media culture.
Agree 100 %. The tweet was virtue signally and scolding. It is more of a knee jerk and angry response to Paul's consistent sanctimonious tweets during the pandemic.

As stated in the podcast thread, the UFC has been doing PPV shows from Dubai (and Vegas) for months now. KISS will be tested, sheltered and paid well. They aren't stupid.
Tbond
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Tbond »

I give zero fucks if the band gets it ; they can roll around in contaminated PPE equipment for all I care.

What I take complete exception with is unnecessary exposure to the people, family, and friends connected with setting up/tearing down/operating/conducting this event

But, you know, maybe Covid-19 is a huge Kiss fan, and it'll not spread from one person to the next because Gene and Paul took the necessary precautions for THEMSELVES.

Apparently, this epic event is considered essential to them.

As for "you should talk to Paul is a respectful manner because blah, blah, blah; he SHOULD block you".

Again, zeros.

There are tweets that are far more caustic, towards public figures that are more famous than Paul Stanley will ever be, that don't get their knickers in a knot over a post that doesn't cater to their fragile sense of self worth.

But, if I've learned anything about the guy over the decades, he loves a carefully curated public persona that only accepts adulation, agreement, and head - nodding affirmation as acceptable human behavior from others.
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Tbond wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:55 am
As for "you should talk to Paul is a respectful manner because blah, blah, blah; he SHOULD block you".

Again, zeros.

There are tweets that are far more caustic, towards public figures that are more famous than Paul Stanley will ever be, that don't get their knickers in a knot over a post that doesn't cater to their fragile sense of self worth.
But he didn't "get his knickers in a knot". He just shut you down. Your message prompted Paul Stanley to click one button, that's all.
belgiankissarmy
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by belgiankissarmy »

So Paul's irresponsible because he's staging a covid proof concert?
Besides, the virus is hardly the killer-virus it has been made out to be.

Not to say Paul doesn't get on my nerves with his mask-fetish. But then again I stopped following him on socials, so I don't have to read his nonsense about face masks.
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

I think this is more of a usual (hardcore) fan-hook thing. Reason I say that is, what other main stream media has covered or promoted this? event?? And I don’t mean Blabbermouth or Rolling Stone. For instance, this morning I was watching my local Fox affiliate channel, the morning news, and they did a piece about New York City and how they’re going to close Times Square and that hasn’t happened like since World War II .....all because of Covid. Not a mention of KISS doing their thing in Dubai. That would’ve been a great segway to promote the kiss concert and get some more publicity, I would think.

That’s why I say, I think this is geared towards people admittedly like us, who buy the pre-sales, the meet and greet, and watch for every piece of information, merch or creative output that we can still get from this band that we all love. It’s almost like KISS Social Security.
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

Tbond wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:55 am I give zero fucks if the band gets it ; they can roll around in contaminated PPE equipment for all I care.

What I take complete exception with is unnecessary exposure to the people, family, and friends connected with setting up/tearing down/operating/conducting this event

But, you know, maybe Covid-19 is a huge Kiss fan, and it'll not spread from one person to the next because Gene and Paul took the necessary precautions for THEMSELVES.

Apparently, this epic event is considered essential to them.

Again, zeros.

But, if I've learned anything about the guy over the decades, he loves a carefully curated public persona that only accepts adulation, agreement, and head - nodding affirmation as acceptable human behavior from others.
No one has been exposed to anything. Events can be held with Covid Safe Plans in place. Testing prior, during and after.

As for you giving "zeros, blah, blah, blah". No, that would be the guy that just blocked you, not the guy making multiple posts about it here.
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by LordThurisaz »

Paul is a total pussy these days.
mekmad
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by mekmad »

Gene blocked me when I was giving them both shit about not playing with Ace and Peter at the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Still blocked by Gene, Paul didn't block me. Maybe he's getting grumpier with age.
Mackemkiss

Post by Mackemkiss »

LordThurisaz wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:56 pm Paul is a total pussy these days.
Yeah in the 80s he'd never block people on twitter
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

mekmad wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:04 pm Gene blocked me when I was giving them both shit about not playing with Ace and Peter at the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Still blocked by Gene, Paul didn't block me. Maybe he's getting grumpier with age.
Lol. They know they should've played with them, but didn't want anyone to abandon their current iteration.
Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Evo999 »

Tbond wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:59 pm My tweet pretty much sums up how I feel about this entire Dubai shit show during a pandemic.

Stanley really is a thin-skinned individual who apparently blocks people when they say something he doesn't like.

What a pity ; I really have lost all respect for this band.
You insulted him so he blocked you.

The fact it bothers you makes you as thin skinned as he is.
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

torgotheme wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 am If someone tweeted at Paul with some facts stated in a rational way and Paul blocked 'em, that'd be a little more noteworthy than this. Frankly, this is just one of a million examples of how social media is an absolute plague for humanity. If you're really upset with Paul, try voicing your concerns in an adult manner. Better yet, just vote with your wallet, get off of Twitter and stop perpetuating our shitty social media culture.

Bingo!!
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

TheSpoiler wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:04 am

Again, zeros.

But he didn't "get his knickers in a knot". He just shut you down. Your message prompted Paul Stanley to click one button, that's all.
How much does Bert pay you for damage control?
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

LordThurisaz wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:56 pm Paul is a total pussy these days.
I’d argue he’s been consistent all his life. Live to win!
Four-Who-Are-One
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Four-Who-Are-One »

I actually don't know why celebs bother blocking us mere mortals. They get so many replies it's easier just to ignore.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Nellcote71 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:37 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:04 am

Again, zeros.

How much does Bert pay you for damage control?
You disapprove of positivity towards Paul Stanley? How unexpected.
Tito

Post by Tito »

Four-Who-Are-One wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:07 pm I actually don't know why celebs bother blocking us mere mortals. They get so many replies it's easier just to ignore.
This. I don't understand why he gives a shit.
Tbond
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Tbond »

Tito wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:39 am
Four-Who-Are-One wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:07 pm I actually don't know why celebs bother blocking us mere mortals. They get so many replies it's easier just to ignore.
This. I don't understand why he gives a shit.
The thin skinned/only-affirmation-is-allowed element.

For a guy that doesn't care what others think, he clearly cares.

A lot.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

I bet Paul is not thinking about this subject right now.
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:16 am I bet Paul is not thinking about this subject right now.
I believe Paul was 150% correct in blocking the original poster here.

But at the same time - based on what history has shown us - Paul has shown himself to be overly concerned with others think. It seems to be the main thing that drives the guy. On a scale of 1 to 10 the guy is a 300 in regards to sensitivity. That and shitting on the rest of the general population.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Nellcote71 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:02 am
TheSpoiler wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:16 am I bet Paul is not thinking about this subject right now.
I believe Paul was 150% correct in blocking the original poster here.

But at the same time - based on what history has shown us - Paul has shown himself to be overly concerned with others think. It seems to be the main thing that drives the guy. On a scale of 1 to 10 the guy is a 300 in regards to sensitivity. That and shitting on the rest of the general population.
I agree, TBH. But in this instance, Paul didn't overreact, however much the OP wanted to elicit a reaction.
Admin
Yawn

Post by Admin »

9C867A09-B576-485D-90D6-59FEC5E88E8E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.