KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.

Will you purchase this PPV Streaming Event

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 431

firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by firekiss »

No. For a few reasons.

1. Cost.
2. Time. It wont be NYE in Australia when this thing streams.
3. Australia isn't under the same lockdown rules as the rest of the world. Much better things to do in the middle of summer than pay to watch my TV screen.
4. Cost.
johnkissfan1974
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:35 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:26 pm I am hoping its a huge disappointment as far as sales. The band is milking this tit for every last drop and guess what - the tits are empty Paul! Instead of offering a shitty TV concert they shouldve spent 2020 aka COVID19 year remastering all the contents of the vault. They have tons of slides they own the rights to. This fucking bullshit countdown clock shoudve announced the largest fucking collection any fan has ever dreamed. An extensive photobook filled with stories from all members of the Kiss family, plus “x” number cd’s featuring demos/live material/alternate tracks/radio ads and interviews and lastly “x” amount of DVD’s featuring all the remastered videos, full concerts including the Alive!, Alive II, Alive III performances. Name the box set “KISSTORIC” and be done with the band. THATS what this fucking band should’ve done! I’m so fucking frustrated with this band.
I agree with much of what you say. At the same time, you can't blame Gene and Paul. They found out they have a LOT of suckers for fans. As such, they're milking every last cent out of them before they hang up the heels.

Once Gene and Paul truly saw what some fans would pay for nothing, they jumped on the chance.

Enough KISS fans let KISS know, in no uncertain terms, that anything they did in these last few years, anything, would be acceptable, and price was really no object.

Yes, Paul and Gene deserve the lion's share of the blame for how this is all ending; but a certain percentage of KISS 'fans' shoulder a large amount of the blame, too.
I absolutely believe this as well! Me, personally, I stopped following the band after The Farewell tour bc the band shouldve ended then. Paul’s vocals really went to shit after and its unbearable for me to listen to him sing and actually believe he sounds good. Again that is my feelings on this shit show today called Kiss
johnkissfan1974
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

firekiss wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:37 pm No. For a few reasons.

1. Cost.
2. Time. It wont be NYE in Australia when this thing streams.
3. Australia isn't under the same lockdown rules as the rest of the world. Much better things to do in the middle of summer than pay to watch my TV screen.
4. Cost.
I don’t blame you at all! If you arent in lockdown go the fuck out and enjoy life!! You can always watch this concert when copies start circulating. Why anyone would pay outrageous amounts of money to watch tv is beyond me. This show will he leaked or packaged for sale by the band. Save your money people
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:38 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:26 pm I am hoping its a huge disappointment as far as sales. The band is milking this tit for every last drop and guess what - the tits are empty Paul! Instead of offering a shitty TV concert they shouldve spent 2020 aka COVID19 year remastering all the contents of the vault. They have tons of slides they own the rights to. This fucking bullshit countdown clock shoudve announced the largest fucking collection any fan has ever dreamed. An extensive photobook filled with stories from all members of the Kiss family, plus “x” number cd’s featuring demos/live material/alternate tracks/radio ads and interviews and lastly “x” amount of DVD’s featuring all the remastered videos, full concerts including the Alive!, Alive II, Alive III performances. Name the box set “KISSTORIC” and be done with the band. THATS what this fucking band should’ve done! I’m so fucking frustrated with this band.
I agree with much of what you say. At the same time, you can't blame Gene and Paul. They found out they have a LOT of suckers for fans. As such, they're milking every last cent out of them before they hang up the heels.

Once Gene and Paul truly saw what some fans would pay for nothing, they jumped on the chance.

Enough KISS fans let KISS know, in no uncertain terms, that anything they did in these last few years, anything, would be acceptable, and price was really no object.

Yes, Paul and Gene deserve the lion's share of the blame for how this is all ending; but a certain percentage of KISS 'fans' shoulder a large amount of the blame, too.
I absolutely believe this as well! Me, personally, I stopped following the band after The Farewell tour bc the band shouldve ended then. Paul’s vocals really went to shit after and its unbearable for me to listen to him sing and actually believe he sounds good. Again that is my feelings on this shit show today called Kiss
Paul's vocals held up until 2009. The first crack I noticed was when I was in the studio for his rendition of Shandi on the Today show in Australia for the Live to Win Tour.
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

Pollux wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:36 pm
Wichita77 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 pm
Pollux wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:48 pm
Wichita77 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm With roughly 75% of FAQ members not interested (so far anyway) it makes me wonder just how successful this will be in the end.

I don't see why any casual would do it, especially at that rate. I understand why they would want to go to a show, especially with it billed as a farewell tour, but I don't see a televised concert having the same appeal. Meanwhile, I'm sure that the networks and MTV have something up their sleeves as far as televised performances with more contemporary artists for NYE.

Then again with the whole world being concert-deprived, front row seats at a virtual show might be the ticket. Time will tell.
C'mon there are millions of Kiss fans & millions of casuals. Your numbers are ridicules. This is going to be lots of fun to so many people. Chill & have a beer. Plus statistics 1-0-1.
Whoa dial it down pardner. You're the one that needs to chill here. I was only wondering out loud how successful something like this would be.

At the time I put my percentage number up it was just a tad over 25% in favor. I ended by saying it could be successful in a concert deprived world.

Having said that, I still don't think casuals are going to care, and clearly, using the FAQ as a measure, a healthy percentage of actual KISS fans won't care either.

I will however, take your advice and have a beer.
Cheers mate☺ Lets enjoy NYE. I'll bet Kiss and us fans will have a blast - in a way or another. Covid situation may actually magnet people together. I've already called to my heard:) They are OK! Ready to go😀
Sounds great. :thumright: (I tried to find the emoji of beers toasting but couldn't find one.)
Last edited by Wichita77 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManOf1000Faces
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ManOf1000Faces »

Depends how NYE goes. If I have time, even bored, I might go for it, if it's not sold out :)
Rockker
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rockker »

Apparently no one buys PPV events ever around here. The last boxing PPV I got was like $80, wrestling PPV are like $50 this price is right in line with those.
Goodwilltowardsall
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Goodwilltowardsall »

Redo this poll a couple of days before the show to see if the results hold up.
pepperkitty
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by pepperkitty »

Sure! Looks like a noon start for us in EST. Start smoking the some ribs and chicken around 9am! Tap the keg at 11am!
Weather permitting, I’ll fire it up on a replay outside on my backyard drive-in that night! Wife will be working, so I might Invite a few friends over, drink some beer, have some bbq!
KISSTRONAUT
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

I’m not opposed to it. Will a dvd be made available to us at a later time?
NHKISSFAN
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by NHKISSFAN »

I will likely do this to watch the live noontime East Coast broadcast. I was fortunate enough to catch the Manchester, NH show kicking off the last leg of the EOTR and while Paul’s vocal tracks do suck a lot of life out of it, Gene still sounds great. I still get genuinely excited about seeing my heroes from the time I was in 5th grade in 1977 still out there and rocking. I love the music but I’ve always loved the spectacle too so it will be fun to see what they pull off for pyro and staging. RS article said something like 16 containers of gear have been shipped. For a one-off $39, the wife will tolerate it too😉
AliveIIside4
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AliveIIside4 »

Preach!!!
That 70s Guy
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by That 70s Guy »

No
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

Admin wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:54 am Yes I will. Nothing better to do on NYE. I'm glad they're doing something. In Hi-Def too. Better for me than another vinyl repressing.
Yea if not this I thought it would another vinyl repress
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

Rockker wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:40 pm Apparently no one buys PPV events ever around here. The last boxing PPV I got was like $80, wrestling PPV are like $50 this price is right in line with those.
Since I got the wwe network no ppv for me but I still buy events that cost that much
AJrox
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AJrox »

If it was $15 then I'd for sure order it, but at it's current price there's no way I can justify it. This year has been very tough for me financially so there's no way I can comfortably order this live stream concert.
Four-Who-Are-One
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Four-Who-Are-One »

Where's the option "I wanted Scooby-Doo 2"??!!
Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pollux »

AJrox wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 pm If it was $15 then I'd for sure order it, but at it's current price there's no way I can justify it. This year has been very tough for me financially so there's no way I can comfortably order this live stream concert.
Sorry to hear but why not share with friends?
gabbagabba
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by gabbagabba »

I would have a hard time watching it for free.
But I'm glad they'll do it, it's a cool thing.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

You guys talk about milking the fans and you are laying blame on band and fans alike (even calling them “suckers”), but the problem I have is all of what you are saying is because it’s not how you personality want it to be. How about those fans that do enjoy buying the merchandise or buying the LE vinyl or going to the shows? Me personally, I’ve got very little interest in buying classic 70’s shows. I’d pick a KISSOLOGY 4 or similar, but I wouldn’t be giddy for it. I don’t buy the collectables. Zero interest in splattered vinyl. But I want to see live concerts. If that’s not an option right now then I think this is a pretty decent substitute.

Before you sit there and lament how KISS has got it so terribly wrong and who is at fault, stop and think that it’s wrong for you, not for all of us. You’re basically saying “KISS isn’t doing what I want so it’s wrong”. Talk about ignorant! You even hope this Dubai thing is a flop because then hopefully they’ll be forced into plan B, which hopefully is what you want. Unbelievable! 🙄

The numbers of the last tour prove that lots of fans still like seeing them live. And plenty of fans buy the collectables and splattered vinyl versions of albums they already own. Every one of us makes a choice whether to buy any of it. From the high end kruises to the cheapest items. Why rush to release classic era shows and vaults of music when that kind of thing can be drip fed to us long after they’ve retired? It’s KISS, you know it will come.

Get off your high horses. If KISS isn’t doing what you want personally and you are actually at the point of hoping for failure, maybe it’s time to find a band that is and hitch your wagon to them. 🤷‍♂️
MikeyB
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MikeyB »

nope.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Yes I will, KISS are my favourite band!
Red_Walrus
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Red_Walrus »

in a heartbeat
johnkissfan1974
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Mr Slow wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:05 pm

You guys talk about milking the fans and you are laying blame on band and fans alike (even calling them “suckers”), but the problem I have is all of what you are saying is because it’s not how you personality want it to be. How about those fans that do enjoy buying the merchandise or buying the LE vinyl or going to the shows? Me personally, I’ve got very little interest in buying classic 70’s shows. I’d pick a KISSOLOGY 4 or similar, but I wouldn’t be giddy for it. I don’t buy the collectables. Zero interest in splattered vinyl. But I want to see live concerts. If that’s not an option right now then I think this is a pretty decent substitute.

Before you sit there and lament how KISS has got it so terribly wrong and who is at fault, stop and think that it’s wrong for you, not for all of us. You’re basically saying “KISS isn’t doing what I want so it’s wrong”. Talk about ignorant! You even hope this Dubai thing is a flop because then hopefully they’ll be forced into plan B, which hopefully is what you want. Unbelievable! 🙄

The numbers of the last tour prove that lots of fans still like seeing them live. And plenty of fans buy the collectables and splattered vinyl versions of albums they already own. Every one of us makes a choice whether to buy any of it. From the high end kruises to the cheapest items. Why rush to release classic era shows and vaults of music when that kind of thing can be drip fed to us long after they’ve retired? It’s KISS, you know it will come.

Get off your high horses. If KISS isn’t doing what you want personally and you are actually at the point of hoping for failure, maybe it’s time to find a band that is and hitch your wagon to them. 🤷‍♂️

I stopped reading when you said little interest for 70’s concerts. Nothing left to say as you and I are on way seperate fields with Kiss.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

No
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

HOFCity wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:24 pmNo
It's a KISS show.

I'd pay for a new KISS album but not a robotic show.

Shows just don't appeal to me anymore ...I mean I'm sure most of us here have memorized each and every schtick that goes with each and every song.

I just don't see where the excitement is especially being that they don't play anything out of the ordinary.

Easy payday for GAP and I'm sure they will profit big time off of it.

And I want new music....lol !!!!!! Wrong band Mr. Stillo, this is a gimmick band no more no less.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:13 pm

I stopped reading when you said little interest for 70’s concerts. Nothing left to say as you and I are on way seperate fields with Kiss.
Maybe you should have read the whole thing because you completely missed the point of what I wrote. 🙄

I said I’m not excited about old stuff, but if KISS were all about releasing that type of footage right now would I wish for it to fail because it’s not what I want? Or would I blame “suckers” like you for buying it? Or would I be ignorant enough to suggest they’ve got it horribly wrong just because it’s not what I personally want from them? Not a fucking chance!!!
Den Dennis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Den Dennis »

Milli Stanilli no sale (oh but Den, the rest might have completely fixed his voice :roll: ). Hell, they're probably recording all the songs for this show now, so it will be a full blown mime-fest.
Strutter67

Post by Strutter67 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:18 am Unless I get a better offer on NYE (which I won't) I will absolutely watch this with a good bottle of red. Something to look forward to, a hint of normality even, in an otherwise dismal, depressing year. I will look forward to giving 2020 the finger with the band that have been there for almost my entire life.

👍
PsychoElder
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by PsychoElder »

I’ll be watching New Years Eve.
Strutter67

Post by Strutter67 »

Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am
Fartbone wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 am Foo fighters did one last week for $15.00

one cost, nothing extra
Gene and Paul are just continuing what they've been doing the last ten years or so: proving that their most virulent critics , especially the ones who said they are all about money first, were absolutely, 100% correct.

So sad how it's all ending.

Wow really? The Foo Fighters? Smh. $40 for a full spectacle KISS show isn't a stretch. It seems plainly obvious those who want to complain will always find a reason to complain. It takes money to ship that entire stage set to Dubai and for only one show. ONE!!! This isn't a tour, there won't be multiple shows. If they don't get enough purchases they will lose money. They still have to pay everyone to set up the stage not to mention pay for everyone's travel to another country. This isn't a show right up the street. Where did the Foo Fighters do their show? Was it a full concert experience? Full stage? I mean come on. You can't compare a Foo Fighers concert to a KISS concert. If this was a stripped down, club or Kruise show you would 100% have a legit complaint. But that doesn't appear to be what they're going to do. It's going to be a full on, bombastic KISS concert. Not guys standing on a small stage with a few lights in blue jeans. Can you guys give KISS a break on anything? Apparently not
AJrox
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AJrox »

Pollux wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:50 pm
AJrox wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 pm If it was $15 then I'd for sure order it, but at it's current price there's no way I can justify it. This year has been very tough for me financially so there's no way I can comfortably order this live stream concert.
Sorry to hear but why not share with friends?
Thanks, but I should probably clarify that while this year has been tough for my finances, I'm not in debt which is a great thing and I have a bit of cash I'm trying not to blow through. Just that most of my money has to go to necessities instead of fun stuff, so a $15 price tag wouldn't be that hard on me, but $40 has me thinking of other things I could use that money for.

As for sharing with friends, most of my friends who like KISS don't live that close to me anymore. It's ok though; if I feel like listening to KISS on New Year's, I have their other releases I could watch and/or listen to. If the NYE show is really good, I'll check it out once it hits theaters as the website says it will.
DOUBLE DYNASTY

Post by DOUBLE DYNASTY »

Yes I am. Deluxe streaming as it is difficult for me to devote 2 hours in one sitting.
TheWolf
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by TheWolf »

No way.

In the hardest financial year of many of our lives - and this price gouged "streaming" to take advantage of the most hardcore fans while other groups are working their ass off to share content, concerts, benefits....?

:o

F*ck no.
DOUBLE DYNASTY

Post by DOUBLE DYNASTY »

I WILL be participating for the following reasons:

#1) $39 is a STEAL for a KISS concert.

#2) Seeing a KISS concert streamed is just as good as seeing KISS in person, some might argue even better.

#3) You're guaranteed to have the BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE!!

#4) This is the new normal. Accept it and get used to it. You want to see KISS? This is how it's done now.

#5) I've been unable to attend concerts due to the sleep schedule I'm not, so this will give me the opportunity to see KISS in 2020 after all.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

It's a KISS concert.

Where's the excitement in that ?

Same songs, same schticks, pyro ....doesn't that get stale after oooooh 3 decades or so ?

YAWN !!!!!!!!!!!

GAP are blessed to have people ( not necessarily fans ) buy into this show decade after decade.
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

No way, but I will buy the blu ray. Hopefully, but probably unlikely, they will release this as a 4K UHD blu ray. That might actually spur my excitement in this stupid event.
gothunder

Post by gothunder »

TheWolf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:27 pm No way.

In the hardest financial year of many of our lives - and this price gouged "streaming" to take advantage of the most hardcore fans while other groups are working their ass off to share content, concerts, benefits....?

:o

F*ck no.
I get ya.
Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

Strutter67 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am
Fartbone wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 am Foo fighters did one last week for $15.00

one cost, nothing extra
Gene and Paul are just continuing what they've been doing the last ten years or so: proving that their most virulent critics , especially the ones who said they are all about money first, were absolutely, 100% correct.

So sad how it's all ending.

Wow really? The Foo Fighters? Smh. $40 for a full spectacle KISS show isn't a stretch. It seems plainly obvious those who want to complain will always find a reason to complain. It takes money to ship that entire stage set to Dubai and for only one show. ONE!!! This isn't a tour, there won't be multiple shows. If they don't get enough purchases they will lose money. They still have to pay everyone to set up the stage not to mention pay for everyone's travel to another country. This isn't a show right up the street. Where did the Foo Fighters do their show? Was it a full concert experience? Full stage? I mean come on. You can't compare a Foo Fighers concert to a KISS concert. If this was a stripped down, club or Kruise show you would 100% have a legit complaint. But that doesn't appear to be what they're going to do. It's going to be a full on, bombastic KISS concert. Not guys standing on a small stage with a few lights in blue jeans. Can you guys give KISS a break on anything? Apparently not
Can you criticize KISS over anything, like say, gouging fans during a once-in-a-century pandemic and all its terrible economic ramifications?

Of course not.
Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

I see a nerve was struck. Good, one should have been.

You, sir, are a prime example of the 'fan' who is helping the band ruin their legacy in these last years. By your reaction, I see you understand that quite well, too.

Good.
Hipster1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Hipster1 »

Hell....yes...can't wait......I'm buying the Platinum package.....sorry, my money....my choice....
mamado

Post by mamado »

shandi777 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 am I wouldn't watch it for free.
I'm with ya!!! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :flower:
kenn.ace

Post by kenn.ace »

No.
KLP68
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by KLP68 »

My Hughesnet can’t stream so I have no option.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Crown Royal wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:35 am

I see a nerve was struck. Good, one should have been.

You, sir, are a prime example of the 'fan' who is helping the band ruin their legacy in these last years. By your reaction, I see you understand that quite well, too.

Good.
You must be a riot at parties.
Supertrooper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Supertrooper »

andreww1962 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:38 pm This guy would much rather watch a full 70s show on YouTube. After the farewell tour and subsequent revival of cover band KISS, I promised myself I wouldn't give those greedy bastards another dime.
Understand, although I saw them a couple of times later, last 2008,2012 and 2017. They were all OK in my mind. I had a good time, although it was despite Paul's terrible voice. I watched Winterland 1975 yesterday, and that was an excellent rockband playing their asses off. I have tried to watch EOTR clips several times, but it's so stale and boring, because we all know it is not totally live and they play to a click track. Point being it's not just about songs, but the energy and the live feeling must be there. If it is not, I dont care about the show. and whrn it's not really live... So not a chance I could even get through watching them on a screen in 2020 with more Paul fake singing, for free....let alone pay to see it :lol:
They have become a joke, and not even a good one.
Supertrooper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Supertrooper »

Pollux wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:48 pm
Wichita77 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm With roughly 75% of FAQ members not interested (so far anyway) it makes me wonder just how successful this will be in the end.

I don't see why any casual would do it, especially at that rate. I understand why they would want to go to a show, especially with it billed as a farewell tour, but I don't see a televised concert having the same appeal. Meanwhile, I'm sure that the networks and MTV have something up their sleeves as far as televised performances with more contemporary artists for NYE.

Then again with the whole world being concert-deprived, front row seats at a virtual show might be the ticket. Time will tell.
C'mon there are millions of Kiss fans & millions of casuals. Your numbers are ridicules. This is going to be lots of fun to so many people. Chill & have a beer. Plus statistics 1-0-1.
I on the other hand think Kissfaq indicates what those who are really interested in KISS thinks, and whith the high prices, I am not so sure the casuals care enough. Being there physically is so much better than a screen anyway, and on new years eve....I don't know, we'll see. If anyone asked me, I'd say watch it if you are into watching videoes of a stage production more than the music....If it's the music that matters, just watch a show on youtube, even the EOTR videoes are better, because at least you don't throw away money.
Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

There has to be something special or different about this as a selling point

It can’t be more of the same they’ve been touring with, since it’s virtual, it has to offer something different to get peoples attention
Fans can see the “normal” end of the road tour, free on YouTube, in any number of cities; and see the entire show For FREE

The only wow factor I think they could possibly have would be if they brought back Ace and Peter For at least a few songs

Otherwise, few people will pay money to see something virtually that they can see on YouTube already for nothing
Supertrooper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Supertrooper »

I agree with much of what you say. At the same time, you can't blame Gene and Paul. They found out they have a LOT of suckers for fans. As such, they're milking every last cent out of them before they hang up the

I saw on a norwegian fanforum on FB that they get some flack for leaving USA in these times of covid 19. A lot of these norwegian fanns I know are people who have spent a lot of money on KISS Kruises etc before....We'll see.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

Maybe not the best comparison Wich, because it’s a different type of fan. It felt like probably 75% of FAQers passed on the EOTR Tour too– just like 75% of FAQers will probably pass on this ”Live”Streamed MimeFest.
It will still probably do okay, it's a novel enough idea. They’ve picked up a lot more casual fans that will pony up the bulk of the buys most likely. I’m sure they will do alright out of this and they know it.

Me personally. Not hugely interested. Though I wouldn’t rule out attending a watch party if that’s what ends up happening. Might be a bit of fun actually; a few brewski’s with the lads, watch Gene sing, watch Paul mime, and say goodbye to a prick of a year!