KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.

Will you purchase this PPV Streaming Event

Yes
111
26%
No
320
74%
 
Total votes: 431

User avatar
KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Rockandrolloverman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:18 am There has to be something special or different about this as a selling point

It can’t be more of the same they’ve been touring with, since it’s virtual, it has to offer something different to get peoples attention
Fans can see the “normal” end of the road tour, free on YouTube, in any number of cities; and see the entire show For FREE

The only wow factor I think they could possibly have would be if they brought back Ace and Peter For at least a few songs

Otherwise, few people will pay money to see something virtually that they can see on YouTube already for nothing
instead of the pyro going bewm bewm bewm, this night and this night only it's gonna go bewm bewm bewm bewm bewm
User avatar
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Wichita77 »

Phyllis Simmons wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:09 am
Wichita77 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm With roughly 75% of FAQ members not interested (so far anyway) it makes me wonder just how successful this will be in the end.

I don't see why any casual would do it, especially at that rate. I understand why they would want to go to a show, especially with it billed as a farewell tour, but I don't see a televised concert having the same appeal. Meanwhile, I'm sure that the networks and MTV have something up their sleeves as far as televised performances with more contemporary artists for NYE.

Then again with the whole world being concert-deprived, front row seats at a virtual show might be the ticket. Time will tell.
Maybe not the best comparison Wich, because it’s a different type of fan. It felt like probably 75% of FAQers passed on the EOTR Tour too– just like 75% of FAQers will probably pass on this ”Live”Streamed MimeFest.
It will still probably do okay, it's a novel enough idea. They’ve picked up a lot more casual fans that will pony up the bulk of the buys most likely. I’m sure they will do alright out of this and they know it.

Me personally. Not hugely interested. Though I wouldn’t rule out attending a watch party if that’s what ends up happening. Might be a bit of fun actually; a few brewski’s with the lads, watch Gene sing, watch Paul mime, and say goodbye to a prick of a year!
You're right. The FAQ seems to attract a different kind of fan, making it a less than accurate gauge KISS's actual hardcore fan base.

I'm hoping it does well, and so far they are the only show in town (virtually speaking) as I don't see much of anything else announced for NYE.

For me, seeing the EOTR show again would be fun, and this time I could share with my kids so I'm pretty sure I'm in. If so I'll have my computer handy watching the board for friends. :)
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8877
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Mr Slow »

Crown Royal wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:35 am
Mr Slow wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:05 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:38 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:35 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:26 pm I am hoping its a huge disappointment as far as sales. The band is milking this tit for every last drop and guess what - the tits are empty Paul! Instead of offering a shitty TV concert they shouldve spent 2020 aka COVID19 year remastering all the contents of the vault. They have tons of slides they own the rights to. This fucking bullshit countdown clock shoudve announced the largest fucking collection any fan has ever dreamed. An extensive photobook filled with stories from all members of the Kiss family, plus “x” number cd’s featuring demos/live material/alternate tracks/radio ads and interviews and lastly “x” amount of DVD’s featuring all the remastered videos, full concerts including the Alive!, Alive II, Alive III performances. Name the box set “KISSTORIC” and be done with the band. THATS what this fucking band should’ve done! I’m so fucking frustrated with this band.
I agree with much of what you say. At the same time, you can't blame Gene and Paul. They found out they have a LOT of suckers for fans. As such, they're milking every last cent out of them before they hang up the heels.

Once Gene and Paul truly saw what some fans would pay for nothing, they jumped on the chance.

Enough KISS fans let KISS know, in no uncertain terms, that anything they did in these last few years, anything, would be acceptable, and price was really no object.

Yes, Paul and Gene deserve the lion's share of the blame for how this is all ending; but a certain percentage of KISS 'fans' shoulder a large amount of the blame, too.
I absolutely believe this as well! Me, personally, I stopped following the band after The Farewell tour bc the band shouldve ended then. Paul’s vocals really went to shit after and its unbearable for me to listen to him sing and actually believe he sounds good. Again that is my feelings on this shit show today called Kiss
You guys talk about milking the fans and you are laying blame on band and fans alike (even calling them “suckers”), but the problem I have is all of what you are saying is because it’s not how you personality want it to be. How about those fans that do enjoy buying the merchandise or buying the LE vinyl or going to the shows? Me personally, I’ve got very little interest in buying classic 70’s shows. I’d pick a KISSOLOGY 4 or similar, but I wouldn’t be giddy for it. I don’t buy the collectables. Zero interest in splattered vinyl. But I want to see live concerts. If that’s not an option right now then I think this is a pretty decent substitute.

Before you sit there and lament how KISS has got it so terribly wrong and who is at fault, stop and think that it’s wrong for you, not for all of us. You’re basically saying “KISS isn’t doing what I want so it’s wrong”. Talk about ignorant! You even hope this Dubai thing is a flop because then hopefully they’ll be forced into plan B, which hopefully is what you want. Unbelievable! 🙄

The numbers of the last tour prove that lots of fans still like seeing them live. And plenty of fans buy the collectables and splattered vinyl versions of albums they already own. Every one of us makes a choice whether to buy any of it. From the high end kruises to the cheapest items. Why rush to release classic era shows and vaults of music when that kind of thing can be drip fed to us long after they’ve retired? It’s KISS, you know it will come.

Get off your high horses. If KISS isn’t doing what you want personally and you are actually at the point of hoping for failure, maybe it’s time to find a band that is and hitch your wagon to them. 🤷‍♂️
I see a nerve was struck. Good, one should have been.

You, sir, are a prime example of the 'fan' who is helping the band ruin their legacy in these last years. By your reaction, I see you understand that quite well, too.

Good.
You couldn’t possibly be more wrong. I’m not even sure you read what I posted. Words like clueless and oblivious immediately come to mind. My point was that you act like if they followed your personal wish list they would be doing things right but because they aren’t it’s wrong by default. Incredibky, you can’t even see the ignorance in your comments. Talk about arrogant! I don’t remember seeing a more conceited post anywhere for quite some time. Bravo! 🙄

Let me put it as simply as I can, which it obviously needs to be (any simpler and I’d have to write it in crayon!); Just because live concerts aren’t what you want from them DOES NOT MAKE IT WRONG!!! Just because they are holding off on releasing archival music/footage DOES NO MAKE IT WRONG!!! And just because some fans have more money than you and can afford high end items (which is why I really believe all this upsets you so much) DOES NOT MAKE IT WRONG!!!

Am I suggesting they’ve got everything right? Hell no! My wish list includes more new music, less money chasing and focus more on being a real band, not just a total nostalgia act. That aspect of KISS infuriates me. But would I be arrogant enough to say what they’re doing is wrong simply because they’re not following my blueprint? I think I’ll leave that level of arrogance to you.

And just for the record, I have absolutely no guilt and I take no credit at all for where KISS stands in 2020. My only purchases of anything KISS related in the past 2 years is a $10 jigsaw puzzle that my wife got for me. Like a million other fans around the world I bought 4 tickets to 2 shows a couple years ago for a tour that eventually got cancelled. Prior to that, Gene’s vault. So how exactly am I ruining the legacy? 🤷‍♂️
totiefields
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2484
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:43 am

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by totiefields »

No. I don't think it's a terrible idea, just not for me. I paid less to see them in person in February.
User avatar
Metalion_SOS
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Metalion_SOS »

Hell no. I'm not watching a screen at 4am on New Year's morning. I'll have to buy any physical release though, even if it is terrible.
User avatar
AstroWarped
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by AstroWarped »

This could be an indication that folks are expecting nothing new beyond two tunes switched out of the set-list and fear that they will add even more fakery to it!

So, they wait and will likely buy the new 4K discs set of the show anyways.

I would not mind seeing what their AD&D hex map / beehive stage set-up looks like!
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Grand Classic »

Mr Slow wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:34 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:35 am
Mr Slow wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:05 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:38 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:35 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:26 pm I am hoping its a huge disappointment as far as sales. The band is milking this tit for every last drop and guess what - the tits are empty Paul! Instead of offering a shitty TV concert they shouldve spent 2020 aka COVID19 year remastering all the contents of the vault. They have tons of slides they own the rights to. This fucking bullshit countdown clock shoudve announced the largest fucking collection any fan has ever dreamed. An extensive photobook filled with stories from all members of the Kiss family, plus “x” number cd’s featuring demos/live material/alternate tracks/radio ads and interviews and lastly “x” amount of DVD’s featuring all the remastered videos, full concerts including the Alive!, Alive II, Alive III performances. Name the box set “KISSTORIC” and be done with the band. THATS what this fucking band should’ve done! I’m so fucking frustrated with this band.
I agree with much of what you say. At the same time, you can't blame Gene and Paul. They found out they have a LOT of suckers for fans. As such, they're milking every last cent out of them before they hang up the heels.

Once Gene and Paul truly saw what some fans would pay for nothing, they jumped on the chance.

Enough KISS fans let KISS know, in no uncertain terms, that anything they did in these last few years, anything, would be acceptable, and price was really no object.

Yes, Paul and Gene deserve the lion's share of the blame for how this is all ending; but a certain percentage of KISS 'fans' shoulder a large amount of the blame, too.
I absolutely believe this as well! Me, personally, I stopped following the band after The Farewell tour bc the band shouldve ended then. Paul’s vocals really went to shit after and its unbearable for me to listen to him sing and actually believe he sounds good. Again that is my feelings on this shit show today called Kiss
You guys talk about milking the fans and you are laying blame on band and fans alike (even calling them “suckers”), but the problem I have is all of what you are saying is because it’s not how you personality want it to be. How about those fans that do enjoy buying the merchandise or buying the LE vinyl or going to the shows? Me personally, I’ve got very little interest in buying classic 70’s shows. I’d pick a KISSOLOGY 4 or similar, but I wouldn’t be giddy for it. I don’t buy the collectables. Zero interest in splattered vinyl. But I want to see live concerts. If that’s not an option right now then I think this is a pretty decent substitute.

Before you sit there and lament how KISS has got it so terribly wrong and who is at fault, stop and think that it’s wrong for you, not for all of us. You’re basically saying “KISS isn’t doing what I want so it’s wrong”. Talk about ignorant! You even hope this Dubai thing is a flop because then hopefully they’ll be forced into plan B, which hopefully is what you want. Unbelievable! 🙄

The numbers of the last tour prove that lots of fans still like seeing them live. And plenty of fans buy the collectables and splattered vinyl versions of albums they already own. Every one of us makes a choice whether to buy any of it. From the high end kruises to the cheapest items. Why rush to release classic era shows and vaults of music when that kind of thing can be drip fed to us long after they’ve retired? It’s KISS, you know it will come.

Get off your high horses. If KISS isn’t doing what you want personally and you are actually at the point of hoping for failure, maybe it’s time to find a band that is and hitch your wagon to them. 🤷‍♂️
I see a nerve was struck. Good, one should have been.

You, sir, are a prime example of the 'fan' who is helping the band ruin their legacy in these last years. By your reaction, I see you understand that quite well, too.

Good.
You couldn’t possibly be more wrong. I’m not even sure you read what I posted. Words like clueless and oblivious immediately come to mind. My point was that you act like if they followed your personal wish list they would be doing things right but because they aren’t it’s wrong by default. Incredibky, you can’t even see the ignorance in your comments. Talk about arrogant! I don’t remember seeing a more conceited post anywhere for quite some time. Bravo! 🙄

Let me put it as simply as I can, which it obviously needs to be (any simpler and I’d have to write it in crayon!); Just because live concerts aren’t what you want from them DOES NOT MAKE IT WRONG!!! Just because they are holding off on releasing archival music/footage DOES NO MAKE IT WRONG!!! And just because some fans have more money than you and can afford high end items (which is why I really believe all this upsets you so much) DOES NOT MAKE IT WRONG!!!

Am I suggesting they’ve got everything right? Hell no! My wish list includes more new music, less money chasing and focus more on being a real band, not just a total nostalgia act. That aspect of KISS infuriates me. But would I be arrogant enough to say what they’re doing is wrong simply because they’re not following my blueprint? I think I’ll leave that level of arrogance to you.

And just for the record, I have absolutely no guilt and I take no credit at all for where KISS stands in 2020. My only purchases of anything KISS related in the past 2 years is a $10 jigsaw puzzle that my wife got for me. Like a million other fans around the world I bought 4 tickets to 2 shows a couple years ago for a tour that eventually got cancelled. Prior to that, Gene’s vault. So how exactly am I ruining the legacy? 🤷‍♂️
I think one thing you might be forgetting is the fact that so many other bands are doing and releasing cool shit - that pretty much ANY fan would want, so it is just frustrating that KISS doesn't do any of that and instead seems to be oblivious to what KISS fans really want and that they think this Dubai show is "epic". It wasn't worthy of the countdown or the word epic in any capacity even if some people are going to pay for it.
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8877
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Mr Slow »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:18 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:34 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:35 am
Mr Slow wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:05 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:38 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:35 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:26 pm I am hoping its a huge disappointment as far as sales. The band is milking this tit for every last drop and guess what - the tits are empty Paul! Instead of offering a shitty TV concert they shouldve spent 2020 aka COVID19 year remastering all the contents of the vault. They have tons of slides they own the rights to. This fucking bullshit countdown clock shoudve announced the largest fucking collection any fan has ever dreamed. An extensive photobook filled with stories from all members of the Kiss family, plus “x” number cd’s featuring demos/live material/alternate tracks/radio ads and interviews and lastly “x” amount of DVD’s featuring all the remastered videos, full concerts including the Alive!, Alive II, Alive III performances. Name the box set “KISSTORIC” and be done with the band. THATS what this fucking band should’ve done! I’m so fucking frustrated with this band.
I agree with much of what you say. At the same time, you can't blame Gene and Paul. They found out they have a LOT of suckers for fans. As such, they're milking every last cent out of them before they hang up the heels.

Once Gene and Paul truly saw what some fans would pay for nothing, they jumped on the chance.

Enough KISS fans let KISS know, in no uncertain terms, that anything they did in these last few years, anything, would be acceptable, and price was really no object.

Yes, Paul and Gene deserve the lion's share of the blame for how this is all ending; but a certain percentage of KISS 'fans' shoulder a large amount of the blame, too.
I absolutely believe this as well! Me, personally, I stopped following the band after The Farewell tour bc the band shouldve ended then. Paul’s vocals really went to shit after and its unbearable for me to listen to him sing and actually believe he sounds good. Again that is my feelings on this shit show today called Kiss
You guys talk about milking the fans and you are laying blame on band and fans alike (even calling them “suckers”), but the problem I have is all of what you are saying is because it’s not how you personality want it to be. How about those fans that do enjoy buying the merchandise or buying the LE vinyl or going to the shows? Me personally, I’ve got very little interest in buying classic 70’s shows. I’d pick a KISSOLOGY 4 or similar, but I wouldn’t be giddy for it. I don’t buy the collectables. Zero interest in splattered vinyl. But I want to see live concerts. If that’s not an option right now then I think this is a pretty decent substitute.

Before you sit there and lament how KISS has got it so terribly wrong and who is at fault, stop and think that it’s wrong for you, not for all of us. You’re basically saying “KISS isn’t doing what I want so it’s wrong”. Talk about ignorant! You even hope this Dubai thing is a flop because then hopefully they’ll be forced into plan B, which hopefully is what you want. Unbelievable! 🙄

The numbers of the last tour prove that lots of fans still like seeing them live. And plenty of fans buy the collectables and splattered vinyl versions of albums they already own. Every one of us makes a choice whether to buy any of it. From the high end kruises to the cheapest items. Why rush to release classic era shows and vaults of music when that kind of thing can be drip fed to us long after they’ve retired? It’s KISS, you know it will come.

Get off your high horses. If KISS isn’t doing what you want personally and you are actually at the point of hoping for failure, maybe it’s time to find a band that is and hitch your wagon to them. 🤷‍♂️
I see a nerve was struck. Good, one should have been.

You, sir, are a prime example of the 'fan' who is helping the band ruin their legacy in these last years. By your reaction, I see you understand that quite well, too.

Good.
You couldn’t possibly be more wrong. I’m not even sure you read what I posted. Words like clueless and oblivious immediately come to mind. My point was that you act like if they followed your personal wish list they would be doing things right but because they aren’t it’s wrong by default. Incredibky, you can’t even see the ignorance in your comments. Talk about arrogant! I don’t remember seeing a more conceited post anywhere for quite some time. Bravo! 🙄

Let me put it as simply as I can, which it obviously needs to be (any simpler and I’d have to write it in crayon!); Just because live concerts aren’t what you want from them DOES NOT MAKE IT WRONG!!! Just because they are holding off on releasing archival music/footage DOES NO MAKE IT WRONG!!! And just because some fans have more money than you and can afford high end items (which is why I really believe all this upsets you so much) DOES NOT MAKE IT WRONG!!!

Am I suggesting they’ve got everything right? Hell no! My wish list includes more new music, less money chasing and focus more on being a real band, not just a total nostalgia act. That aspect of KISS infuriates me. But would I be arrogant enough to say what they’re doing is wrong simply because they’re not following my blueprint? I think I’ll leave that level of arrogance to you.

And just for the record, I have absolutely no guilt and I take no credit at all for where KISS stands in 2020. My only purchases of anything KISS related in the past 2 years is a $10 jigsaw puzzle that my wife got for me. Like a million other fans around the world I bought 4 tickets to 2 shows a couple years ago for a tour that eventually got cancelled. Prior to that, Gene’s vault. So how exactly am I ruining the legacy? 🤷‍♂️
I think one thing you might be forgetting is the fact that so many other bands are doing and releasing cool shit - that pretty much ANY fan would want, so it is just frustrating that KISS doesn't do any of that and instead seems to be oblivious to what KISS fans really want and that they think this Dubai show is "epic". It wasn't worthy of the countdown or the word epic in any capacity even if some people are going to pay for it.
No, it wasn’t worthy to YOU. I think most Metallica, Disturbed, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Alter Bridge etc. etc. fans would be happy to hear their favourite band is doing something unique like this.

What none of you seem to think about is there’s plenty of time to release archived stuff. Once they retire they can do what Jimmy Page does and put out new vintage footage/audio for decades. Why do it now when they’re still active? COVID aside, they’d rather fans spend money on concert tickets and kruises. They can get the archive money once the touring revenue dries up. What many crave now they’ll be desperate for in a couple years. It’s smart business.

A near 50 year old band doing something they’ve never done in a place they’ve never been should be a big deal to the fans. But KISS fans have turned into the most entitled bunch of curmudgeons on earth. It’s pathetic! 🤬
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Grand Classic »

Mr Slow wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:18 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:34 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:35 am
Mr Slow wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:05 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:38 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:35 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:26 pm I am hoping its a huge disappointment as far as sales. The band is milking this tit for every last drop and guess what - the tits are empty Paul! Instead of offering a shitty TV concert they shouldve spent 2020 aka COVID19 year remastering all the contents of the vault. They have tons of slides they own the rights to. This fucking bullshit countdown clock shoudve announced the largest fucking collection any fan has ever dreamed. An extensive photobook filled with stories from all members of the Kiss family, plus “x” number cd’s featuring demos/live material/alternate tracks/radio ads and interviews and lastly “x” amount of DVD’s featuring all the remastered videos, full concerts including the Alive!, Alive II, Alive III performances. Name the box set “KISSTORIC” and be done with the band. THATS what this fucking band should’ve done! I’m so fucking frustrated with this band.
I agree with much of what you say. At the same time, you can't blame Gene and Paul. They found out they have a LOT of suckers for fans. As such, they're milking every last cent out of them before they hang up the heels.

Once Gene and Paul truly saw what some fans would pay for nothing, they jumped on the chance.

Enough KISS fans let KISS know, in no uncertain terms, that anything they did in these last few years, anything, would be acceptable, and price was really no object.

Yes, Paul and Gene deserve the lion's share of the blame for how this is all ending; but a certain percentage of KISS 'fans' shoulder a large amount of the blame, too.
I absolutely believe this as well! Me, personally, I stopped following the band after The Farewell tour bc the band shouldve ended then. Paul’s vocals really went to shit after and its unbearable for me to listen to him sing and actually believe he sounds good. Again that is my feelings on this shit show today called Kiss
You guys talk about milking the fans and you are laying blame on band and fans alike (even calling them “suckers”), but the problem I have is all of what you are saying is because it’s not how you personality want it to be. How about those fans that do enjoy buying the merchandise or buying the LE vinyl or going to the shows? Me personally, I’ve got very little interest in buying classic 70’s shows. I’d pick a KISSOLOGY 4 or similar, but I wouldn’t be giddy for it. I don’t buy the collectables. Zero interest in splattered vinyl. But I want to see live concerts. If that’s not an option right now then I think this is a pretty decent substitute.

Before you sit there and lament how KISS has got it so terribly wrong and who is at fault, stop and think that it’s wrong for you, not for all of us. You’re basically saying “KISS isn’t doing what I want so it’s wrong”. Talk about ignorant! You even hope this Dubai thing is a flop because then hopefully they’ll be forced into plan B, which hopefully is what you want. Unbelievable! 🙄

The numbers of the last tour prove that lots of fans still like seeing them live. And plenty of fans buy the collectables and splattered vinyl versions of albums they already own. Every one of us makes a choice whether to buy any of it. From the high end kruises to the cheapest items. Why rush to release classic era shows and vaults of music when that kind of thing can be drip fed to us long after they’ve retired? It’s KISS, you know it will come.

Get off your high horses. If KISS isn’t doing what you want personally and you are actually at the point of hoping for failure, maybe it’s time to find a band that is and hitch your wagon to them. 🤷‍♂️
I see a nerve was struck. Good, one should have been.

You, sir, are a prime example of the 'fan' who is helping the band ruin their legacy in these last years. By your reaction, I see you understand that quite well, too.

Good.
You couldn’t possibly be more wrong. I’m not even sure you read what I posted. Words like clueless and oblivious immediately come to mind. My point was that you act like if they followed your personal wish list they would be doing things right but because they aren’t it’s wrong by default. Incredibky, you can’t even see the ignorance in your comments. Talk about arrogant! I don’t remember seeing a more conceited post anywhere for quite some time. Bravo! 🙄

Let me put it as simply as I can, which it obviously needs to be (any simpler and I’d have to write it in crayon!); Just because live concerts aren’t what you want from them DOES NOT MAKE IT WRONG!!! Just because they are holding off on releasing archival music/footage DOES NO MAKE IT WRONG!!! And just because some fans have more money than you and can afford high end items (which is why I really believe all this upsets you so much) DOES NOT MAKE IT WRONG!!!

Am I suggesting they’ve got everything right? Hell no! My wish list includes more new music, less money chasing and focus more on being a real band, not just a total nostalgia act. That aspect of KISS infuriates me. But would I be arrogant enough to say what they’re doing is wrong simply because they’re not following my blueprint? I think I’ll leave that level of arrogance to you.

And just for the record, I have absolutely no guilt and I take no credit at all for where KISS stands in 2020. My only purchases of anything KISS related in the past 2 years is a $10 jigsaw puzzle that my wife got for me. Like a million other fans around the world I bought 4 tickets to 2 shows a couple years ago for a tour that eventually got cancelled. Prior to that, Gene’s vault. So how exactly am I ruining the legacy? 🤷‍♂️
I think one thing you might be forgetting is the fact that so many other bands are doing and releasing cool shit - that pretty much ANY fan would want, so it is just frustrating that KISS doesn't do any of that and instead seems to be oblivious to what KISS fans really want and that they think this Dubai show is "epic". It wasn't worthy of the countdown or the word epic in any capacity even if some people are going to pay for it.
No, it wasn’t worthy to YOU. I think most Metallica, Disturbed, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Alter Bridge etc. etc. fans would be happy to hear their favourite band is doing something unique like this.

What none of you seem to think about is there’s plenty of time to release archived stuff. Once they retire they can do what Jimmy Page does and put out new vintage footage/audio for decades. Why do it now when they’re still active? COVID aside, they’d rather fans spend money on concert tickets and kruises. They can get the archive money once the touring revenue dries up. What many crave now they’ll be desperate for in a couple years. It’s smart business.

A near 50 year old band doing something they’ve never done in a place they’ve never been should be a big deal to the fans. But KISS fans have turned into the most entitled bunch of curmudgeons on earth. It’s pathetic! 🤬
Sorry, this isn't impressive. Even if one still likes the idea of it.

KISS have disappointed fans for MANY years with what they think is cool, great or epic and isn't. It's the very reason why fans all over the internet were mocking the countdown with suggestions of what it could be, since these type of announcements have always disappointed and this one ended up being no different.
User avatar
Frehley's Vomit
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12124
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:08 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Frehley's Vomit »

Mr Slow wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm I think most Metallica, Disturbed, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Alter Bridge etc. etc. fans would be happy to hear their favourite band is doing something unique like this.
Being 'unique' doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea or is a cert to be accepted. You could argue that the only thing that's unique about this event is the place it's being held in. You could hire somewhere local and do pretty much the same thing. Most fans will pass on this because of the cost anyway. They'll wait until someone uploads it and view for free.
User avatar
Lofton23rdSt
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2615
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:52 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by firekiss »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
A board that consists of a vast majority that have essentially been done with the band for a long time.
User avatar
Lofton23rdSt
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2615
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

firekiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
A board that consists of a vast majority that have essentially been done with the band for a long time.
Not usually this much.
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8877
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Mr Slow »

Frehley's Vomit wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:22 am
Mr Slow wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm I think most Metallica, Disturbed, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Alter Bridge etc. etc. fans would be happy to hear their favourite band is doing something unique like this.
Being 'unique' doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea or is a cert to be accepted. You could argue that the only thing that's unique about this event is the place it's being held in. You could hire somewhere local and do pretty much the same thing. Most fans will pass on this because of the cost anyway. They'll wait until someone uploads it and view for free.
I’m not saying everybody has to love it. It’s not for everyone. That’s perfectly fine. I’m not a fan of the constant flow of splattered vinyl. Not everybody has to enjoy everything they do. But with this latest announcement there seems to be genuine hate here. One guy said he hopes it fails. Another said it was the just as much the fans fault that KISS have ended this way. Gimme a break! Ending what way? Playing to 10k a night on an arena tour that tops anything else they’ve ever done? I’m sure the members of the band and the happy fans that got to see it sleep soundly every night.

The saving grace for me is that tens of thousands of people will happily buy this concert and have a rockin’ NYE and the few entitled moaners who somehow think they’re owed something will be butt hurt because KISS isn’t delivering what they want.
User avatar
jannep17
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10161
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by jannep17 »

firekiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
A board that consists of a vast majority that have essentially been done with the band for a long time.
How do you know that?
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8877
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Mr Slow »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:44 am
firekiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
A board that consists of a vast majority that have essentially been done with the band for a long time.
Not usually this much.
Seriously??? The negative entitled types have been predicting the death of the band since 2001!!! 😂😂😂
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8877
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Mr Slow »

jannep17 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:37 am
firekiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
A board that consists of a vast majority that have essentially been done with the band for a long time.
How do you know that?
Because he can read.
User avatar
Lofton23rdSt
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2615
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:38 am
Seriously??? The negative entitled types have been predicting the death of the band since 2001!!! 😂😂😂
Look at the poll. It's not usually this much against the band.
User avatar
muddfoot
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by muddfoot »

I’ll wait for the Blue Ray
User avatar
lord71
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3505
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Mars

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by lord71 »

shandi777 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 am I wouldn't watch it for free.
Yep. Can't imagine being able to go through it. If someone paid be ten dollars, I could consider watching it.
User avatar
jannep17
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10161
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by jannep17 »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:40 am
jannep17 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:37 am
firekiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
A board that consists of a vast majority that have essentially been done with the band for a long time.
How do you know that?
Because he can read.
I don't think the loudest people necessary are in the majority.
User avatar
kissin time
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 am
Location: italy

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by kissin time »

Yes!
It's My birthday present from my wife :D
And here in Italy we can't celebrate new year eve with friends and family.
And my daughter wants to see it with me :)
User avatar
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3033
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by TheSpoiler »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:36 am
Frehley's Vomit wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:22 am
Mr Slow wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm I think most Metallica, Disturbed, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Alter Bridge etc. etc. fans would be happy to hear their favourite band is doing something unique like this.
Being 'unique' doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea or is a cert to be accepted. You could argue that the only thing that's unique about this event is the place it's being held in. You could hire somewhere local and do pretty much the same thing. Most fans will pass on this because of the cost anyway. They'll wait until someone uploads it and view for free.
I’m not saying everybody has to love it. It’s not for everyone. That’s perfectly fine. I’m not a fan of the constant flow of splattered vinyl. Not everybody has to enjoy everything they do. But with this latest announcement there seems to be genuine hate here. One guy said he hopes it fails. Another said it was the just as much the fans fault that KISS have ended this way. Gimme a break! Ending what way? Playing to 10k a night on an arena tour that tops anything else they’ve ever done? I’m sure the members of the band and the happy fans that got to see it sleep soundly every night.

The saving grace for me is that tens of thousands of people will happily buy this concert and have a rockin’ NYE and the few entitled moaners who somehow think they’re owed something will be butt hurt because KISS isn’t delivering what they want.
Fair points. The whining has gone into overdrive this weekend. Some really unhappy people because Kiss announced PPV and they disapprove.
User avatar
Frehley's Vomit
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12124
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:08 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Frehley's Vomit »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:02 am
Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:36 am
Frehley's Vomit wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:22 am
Mr Slow wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm I think most Metallica, Disturbed, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Alter Bridge etc. etc. fans would be happy to hear their favourite band is doing something unique like this.
Being 'unique' doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea or is a cert to be accepted. You could argue that the only thing that's unique about this event is the place it's being held in. You could hire somewhere local and do pretty much the same thing. Most fans will pass on this because of the cost anyway. They'll wait until someone uploads it and view for free.
I’m not saying everybody has to love it. It’s not for everyone. That’s perfectly fine. I’m not a fan of the constant flow of splattered vinyl. Not everybody has to enjoy everything they do. But with this latest announcement there seems to be genuine hate here. One guy said he hopes it fails. Another said it was the just as much the fans fault that KISS have ended this way. Gimme a break! Ending what way? Playing to 10k a night on an arena tour that tops anything else they’ve ever done? I’m sure the members of the band and the happy fans that got to see it sleep soundly every night.

The saving grace for me is that tens of thousands of people will happily buy this concert and have a rockin’ NYE and the few entitled moaners who somehow think they’re owed something will be butt hurt because KISS isn’t delivering what they want.
Fair points. The whining has gone into overdrive this weekend. Some really unhappy people because Kiss announced PPV and they disapprove.
Nobody's unhappy that it's been announced, as such. Disapproval is another thing entirely. Having said that, some people just can't (or won't) entertain the notion that it might just not be something that even the most positive fans think is 'epic'. In fact, the poll results thus far show that many, no doubt including even the many hardcore fans and those with no agenda (yes, they would have legitimately voted in the poll) simply don't think this is a great event or value for money.
User avatar
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3033
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by TheSpoiler »

Frehley's Vomit wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:21 am
TheSpoiler wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:02 am
Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:36 am
Frehley's Vomit wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:22 am
Mr Slow wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm I think most Metallica, Disturbed, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Alter Bridge etc. etc. fans would be happy to hear their favourite band is doing something unique like this.
Being 'unique' doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea or is a cert to be accepted. You could argue that the only thing that's unique about this event is the place it's being held in. You could hire somewhere local and do pretty much the same thing. Most fans will pass on this because of the cost anyway. They'll wait until someone uploads it and view for free.
I’m not saying everybody has to love it. It’s not for everyone. That’s perfectly fine. I’m not a fan of the constant flow of splattered vinyl. Not everybody has to enjoy everything they do. But with this latest announcement there seems to be genuine hate here. One guy said he hopes it fails. Another said it was the just as much the fans fault that KISS have ended this way. Gimme a break! Ending what way? Playing to 10k a night on an arena tour that tops anything else they’ve ever done? I’m sure the members of the band and the happy fans that got to see it sleep soundly every night.

The saving grace for me is that tens of thousands of people will happily buy this concert and have a rockin’ NYE and the few entitled moaners who somehow think they’re owed something will be butt hurt because KISS isn’t delivering what they want.
Fair points. The whining has gone into overdrive this weekend. Some really unhappy people because Kiss announced PPV and they disapprove.
Nobody's unhappy that it's been announced, as such. Disapproval is another thing entirely. Having said that, some people just can't (or won't) entertain the notion that it might just not be something that even the most positive fans think is 'epic'. In fact, the poll results thus far show that many, no doubt including even the many hardcore fans and those with no agenda (yes, they would have legitimately voted in the poll) simply don't think this is a great event or value for money.
You make valid points. The different perspective is also valid. But its the whining about it that has escalated. If people disapprove and don't want to watch, then don't watch. Problem solved.
User avatar
Strutter67
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Strutter67 »

Crown Royal wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 am
Strutter67 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am
Fartbone wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 am Foo fighters did one last week for $15.00

one cost, nothing extra
Gene and Paul are just continuing what they've been doing the last ten years or so: proving that their most virulent critics , especially the ones who said they are all about money first, were absolutely, 100% correct.

So sad how it's all ending.


Wow really? The Foo Fighters? Smh. $40 for a full spectacle KISS show isn't a stretch. It seems plainly obvious those who want to complain will always find a reason to complain. It takes money to ship that entire stage set to Dubai and for only one show. ONE!!! This isn't a tour, there won't be multiple shows. If they don't get enough purchases they will lose money. They still have to pay everyone to set up the stage not to mention pay for everyone's travel to another country. This isn't a show right up the street. Where did the Foo Fighters do their show? Was it a full concert experience? Full stage? I mean come on. You can't compare a Foo Fighers concert to a KISS concert. If this was a stripped down, club or Kruise show you would 100% have a legit complaint. But that doesn't appear to be what they're going to do. It's going to be a full on, bombastic KISS concert. Not guys standing on a small stage with a few lights in blue jeans. Can you guys give KISS a break on anything? Apparently not
Can you criticize KISS over anything, like say, gouging fans during a once-in-a-century pandemic and all its terrible economic ramifications?

Of course not.

$40 is gouging KISS fans? Really? $40???????? No you ALWAYS look for something to bitch about. It's not like the base price is $250. If it was then you would have a legit complaint. If you don't want to pay $250 you don't have to in order to see it. Just pay the $40 and be done with it. I'm not paying the $250 and I'm ok with anyone who wants to. It's their choice. But again it's not gouging if there's a reasonable, cheaper option and in this case there most certainly is. So try to not be glass half empty or if you hate KISS that much find something else to do with your time. Coming here complaining is nothing more than a waste of your time
User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Crown Royal »

Strutter67 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:51 am
Crown Royal wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 am
Strutter67 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am
Fartbone wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 am Foo fighters did one last week for $15.00

one cost, nothing extra
Gene and Paul are just continuing what they've been doing the last ten years or so: proving that their most virulent critics , especially the ones who said they are all about money first, were absolutely, 100% correct.

So sad how it's all ending.


Wow really? The Foo Fighters? Smh. $40 for a full spectacle KISS show isn't a stretch. It seems plainly obvious those who want to complain will always find a reason to complain. It takes money to ship that entire stage set to Dubai and for only one show. ONE!!! This isn't a tour, there won't be multiple shows. If they don't get enough purchases they will lose money. They still have to pay everyone to set up the stage not to mention pay for everyone's travel to another country. This isn't a show right up the street. Where did the Foo Fighters do their show? Was it a full concert experience? Full stage? I mean come on. You can't compare a Foo Fighers concert to a KISS concert. If this was a stripped down, club or Kruise show you would 100% have a legit complaint. But that doesn't appear to be what they're going to do. It's going to be a full on, bombastic KISS concert. Not guys standing on a small stage with a few lights in blue jeans. Can you guys give KISS a break on anything? Apparently not
Can you criticize KISS over anything, like say, gouging fans during a once-in-a-century pandemic and all its terrible economic ramifications?

Of course not.

$40 is gouging KISS fans? Really? $40???????? No you ALWAYS look for something to bitch about. It's not like the base price is $250. If it was then you would have a legit complaint. If you don't want to pay $250 you don't have to in order to see it. Just pay the $40 and be done with it. I'm not paying the $250 and I'm ok with anyone who wants to. It's their choice. But again it's not gouging if there's a reasonable, cheaper option and in this case there most certainly is. So try to not be glass half empty or if you hate KISS that much find something else to do with your time. Coming here complaining is nothing more than a waste of your time
That's not the only cost for this, and you know it.
Tymaster
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3163
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:41 am

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Tymaster »

Seriously doubt it. NYE is also my anniversary. Can you imagine the look on my wife's face when I tell her "well, it's a pandemic, so we really can't go out to a steak house but I bought us the new KISS PPV?" The other thing that makes it less appealing is knowing that it will be out, either in bootleg YouTube form or on Blu-Ray in a real quick fashion. I feel dumb enough for buying Vegas as it is ALWAYS on Vevo and Pluto for FREE.
User avatar
Fartbone
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 17296
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles Rules!!!

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Fartbone »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 am
Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:38 am
Seriously??? The negative entitled types have been predicting the death of the band since 2001!!! 😂😂😂
Look at the poll. It's not usually this much against the band.
Tells you a lot.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Grand Classic »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
KISS may be the most clueless band as to what their fans actually want. They DO NOT hear and obey.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
A board that consists of a vast majority that have essentially been done with the band for a long time.
KISS fans were mocking this countdown all over the internet because they were expecting the disappointment that they got. It's not a KISSFAQ thing.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Grand Classic »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:38 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:44 am
firekiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
A board that consists of a vast majority that have essentially been done with the band for a long time.
Not usually this much.
Seriously??? The negative entitled types have been predicting the death of the band since 2001!!! 😂😂😂
Well KISS have certainly gone out of their way to make the WANT for that to be valid.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Grand Classic »

jannep17 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:03 am
Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:40 am
jannep17 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:37 am
firekiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
A board that consists of a vast majority that have essentially been done with the band for a long time.
How do you know that?
Because he can read.
I don't think the loudest people necessary are in the majority.
Don't worry about firekiss - he only shows up these days to be critical about KISS fans here. He doesn't think we have the right to voice our displeasure and disappointment with what KISS are doing. That we should just be happy for the things KISS want to do.
User avatar
HOFCity
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5195
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Westerville, OH
Contact:

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by HOFCity »

Honestly not trying to be negative here but this event could end up being a flop.

Alot of people just don't have the money for this and other than seeing fireworks people aren't necessarily itching to see yet another KISS show.

Judging from this poll diehards for the most part aren't even interested in this.

Bad time to gouge people.
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:52 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by firekiss »

jannep17 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:03 am
Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:40 am
jannep17 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:37 am
firekiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
A board that consists of a vast majority that have essentially been done with the band for a long time.
How do you know that?
Because he can read.
I don't think the loudest people necessary are in the majority.
The silent (majority or otherwise) don't really matter do they? The board really only consists of those that are active.
User avatar
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Posts: 28479
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by redinthesky »

HOFCity wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 pm Honestly not trying to be negative here but this event could end up being a flop.

Alot of people just don't have the money for this and other than seeing fireworks people aren't necessarily itching to see yet another KISS show.
That could very well be true too. I think Kiss is counting on people shelling out the extra ten dollars (making the total 49.99) for the "72 hour" unlimited viewings, instead of the 39.99 stream and one more viewing within 24 hours. The thing is, many people don't have smart TVs that can get the internet, and may not feel 40 or 50 bucks to watch a Kiss show on the computer screen (and without great speakers connected in many cases) is worth it. I doubt we'll know the numbers but I'd certainly be curious.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Grand Classic »

I am sure that it will be on all the illegal download sites immediately after the first viewing and yes, a ton of KISS fans are going to go that route.
User avatar
TheSphinx
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8869
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Island Of Truth & Facts

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by TheSphinx »

HOFCity wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 pm Honestly not trying to be negative here but this event could end up being a flop.

Alot of people just don't have the money for this and other than seeing fireworks people aren't necessarily itching to see yet another KISS show.

Judging from this poll diehards for the most part aren't even interested in this.

Bad time to gouge people.
Does it matter? If the band is getting guaranteed money ... what's the big deal?

There's probably 2500 SUCKERS who will buy the $1000 package. That's a gross over $2.5M on that alone.

Good luck finding your name in the credits the size of a phone book.


Then they will put this out as a FATHOM EVENTS concert in movie theaters......

Then they will get around to releasing the Blu-Ray/DVD at retail.


You can bet GENE AND PAUL wanted in on the DRIVE IN $110 ticket shows like Garth and several others were doing but they could get that produce to do it with them.

But now.. this is really a PR EVENT for ATLANTIS and that's the way it should be thought of..... and I still think alot of those 50 cameras will be showing you places at ATLANTIS .... and not KISS
User avatar
mainline
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3488
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:45 am
Location: South Ozone Park,NY

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by mainline »

Nope!!
I have zero interest in this PPV New Year's Eve concert.
User avatar
domino65
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4043
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:46 am

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by domino65 »

So please show Gene&Paul this poll result :D :D :D
Shawn71
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 888
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Shawn71 »

Not with a blu ray and vinyl coming out,
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8877
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Mr Slow »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:07 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
KISS may be the most clueless band as to what their fans actually want. They DO NOT hear and obey.
But you think you know what we want. Don’t assume a few hundred diehards on a message forum is going to give you an accurate snapshot of the fan base. Trust me, in dozens of private Facebook groups there’s a very different vibe to what goes on here. Fans clamour for live shows, action figures, splattered vinyl and other collectables that most here bitch and moan about.

I’ve said it a hundred times but it bares repeating; the archive stuff will come. When they are finished for good they’ll drip feed us old footage and audio like Page does with Zeppelin. Why do it now when they are still active? They want fans to spend money on things that are happening now. Once the touring is gone we’ll see the vaults open up.

At the end of the day a KISSOLOGY type release is a niche market. Playing shows across the globe sells to millions. They probably make more in a night than they would putting out archives. You think you know more than KISS about how to make money? You flatter yourself! I know it shouldn’t be about what makes the most money but when hasn’t it been a priority for this band? 1974?
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8877
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Mr Slow »

Crown Royal wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:07 am
Strutter67 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:51 am
Crown Royal wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 am
Strutter67 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am
Fartbone wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 am Foo fighters did one last week for $15.00

one cost, nothing extra
Gene and Paul are just continuing what they've been doing the last ten years or so: proving that their most virulent critics , especially the ones who said they are all about money first, were absolutely, 100% correct.

So sad how it's all ending.


Wow really? The Foo Fighters? Smh. $40 for a full spectacle KISS show isn't a stretch. It seems plainly obvious those who want to complain will always find a reason to complain. It takes money to ship that entire stage set to Dubai and for only one show. ONE!!! This isn't a tour, there won't be multiple shows. If they don't get enough purchases they will lose money. They still have to pay everyone to set up the stage not to mention pay for everyone's travel to another country. This isn't a show right up the street. Where did the Foo Fighters do their show? Was it a full concert experience? Full stage? I mean come on. You can't compare a Foo Fighers concert to a KISS concert. If this was a stripped down, club or Kruise show you would 100% have a legit complaint. But that doesn't appear to be what they're going to do. It's going to be a full on, bombastic KISS concert. Not guys standing on a small stage with a few lights in blue jeans. Can you guys give KISS a break on anything? Apparently not
Can you criticize KISS over anything, like say, gouging fans during a once-in-a-century pandemic and all its terrible economic ramifications?

Of course not.

$40 is gouging KISS fans? Really? $40???????? No you ALWAYS look for something to bitch about. It's not like the base price is $250. If it was then you would have a legit complaint. If you don't want to pay $250 you don't have to in order to see it. Just pay the $40 and be done with it. I'm not paying the $250 and I'm ok with anyone who wants to. It's their choice. But again it's not gouging if there's a reasonable, cheaper option and in this case there most certainly is. So try to not be glass half empty or if you hate KISS that much find something else to do with your time. Coming here complaining is nothing more than a waste of your time
That's not the only cost for this, and you know it.
He literally listed other prices. 🤷‍♂️
And also, he is 100% spot on. Stop complaining all the time. It’s beyond old. As Paul said in 1978 “Move On” 😂
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Grand Classic »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:02 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:07 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am Bad poll results for Kiss. This is a kiss message board.
KISS may be the most clueless band as to what their fans actually want. They DO NOT hear and obey.
But you think you know what we want. Don’t assume a few hundred diehards on a message forum is going to give you an accurate snapshot of the fan base. Trust me, in dozens of private Facebook groups there’s a very different vibe to what goes on here. Fans clamour for live shows, action figures, splattered vinyl and other collectables that most here bitch and moan about.

I’ve said it a hundred times but it bares repeating; the archive stuff will come. When they are finished for good they’ll drip feed us old footage and audio like Page does with Zeppelin. Why do it now when they are still active? They want fans to spend money on things that are happening now. Once the touring is gone we’ll see the vaults open up.

At the end of the day a KISSOLOGY type release is a niche market. Playing shows across the globe sells to millions. They probably make more in a night than they would putting out archives. You think you know more than KISS about how to make money? You flatter yourself! I know it shouldn’t be about what makes the most money but when hasn’t it been a priority for this band? 1974?
I see what KISS fans all over the internet have to say - it is pretty consistent to what the die hard here want as well.

Yes, I could do a better job than the KISS does over the decisions they make. Doc is useless. They so needed a Bill Aucoin type running the band for last 20+ years.

Don't kid yourself either - this Dubai show isn't going to be some massive success with the world coming together to watch. It will be available for illegal download instantly and that is how most KISS fans are going to see it outside of those are willing to pay the $40 bucks.
Mr. Kiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2504
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Mr. Kiss »

Strutter67 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:51 am
Crown Royal wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 am
Strutter67 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am
Fartbone wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 am Foo fighters did one last week for $15.00

one cost, nothing extra
Gene and Paul are just continuing what they've been doing the last ten years or so: proving that their most virulent critics , especially the ones who said they are all about money first, were absolutely, 100% correct.

So sad how it's all ending.


Wow really? The Foo Fighters? Smh. $40 for a full spectacle KISS show isn't a stretch. It seems plainly obvious those who want to complain will always find a reason to complain. It takes money to ship that entire stage set to Dubai and for only one show. ONE!!! This isn't a tour, there won't be multiple shows. If they don't get enough purchases they will lose money. They still have to pay everyone to set up the stage not to mention pay for everyone's travel to another country. This isn't a show right up the street. Where did the Foo Fighters do their show? Was it a full concert experience? Full stage? I mean come on. You can't compare a Foo Fighters concert to a KISS concert. If this was a stripped down, club or Kruise show you would 100% have a legit complaint. But that doesn't appear to be what they're going to do. It's going to be a full on, bombastic KISS concert. Not guys standing on a small stage with a few lights in blue jeans. Can you guys give KISS a break on anything? Apparently not
Can you criticize KISS over anything, like say, gouging fans during a once-in-a-century pandemic and all its terrible economic ramifications?

Of course not.

$40 is gouging KISS fans? Really? $40???????? No you ALWAYS look for something to bitch about. It's not like the base price is $250. If it was then you would have a legit complaint. If you don't want to pay $250 you don't have to in order to see it. Just pay the $40 and be done with it. I'm not paying the $250 and I'm ok with anyone who wants to. It's their choice. But again it's not gouging if there's a reasonable, cheaper option and in this case there most certainly is. So try to not be glass half empty or if you hate KISS that much find something else to do with your time. Coming here complaining is nothing more than a waste of your time
Actually S67, a discussion board dedicated to KISS is the perfect place to "complain" about them. But I digress. :|

I'll pass on this as well. :|
User avatar
Tommyr
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8235
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:48 am
Location: NY

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Tommyr »

Hell no!
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8877
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Mr Slow »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:37 pmYes, I could do a better job than the KISS does over the decisions they make. Doc is useless. They so needed a Bill Aucoin type running the band for last 20+ years.
I think we’re done here. Clueless doesn’t even begin to cover it. 🙄
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Grand Classic »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:04 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:37 pmYes, I could do a better job than the KISS does over the decisions they make. Doc is useless. They so needed a Bill Aucoin type running the band for last 20+ years.
I think we’re done here. Clueless doesn’t even begin to cover it. 🙄
Keep being a sheep and swallow whatever KISS gives you with zero objectivity.
Coventry1973
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Coventry1973 »

I’ll either get the cheapest version of it, or if I don’t I’ll catch it on YouTube
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8877
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Mr Slow »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:18 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:04 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:37 pmYes, I could do a better job than the KISS does over the decisions they make. Doc is useless. They so needed a Bill Aucoin type running the band for last 20+ years.
I think we’re done here. Clueless doesn’t even begin to cover it. 🙄
Keep being a sheep and swallow whatever KISS gives you with zero objectivity.
Who says I’m swallowing it?!?!
Interestingly enough, I’ve never once said if I’m buying this Dubai thing or not. Chances are I’ll be away for work on NYE. I also never once said anybody else should buy it. But I did say several times that I have only spent 10 bucks on KISS in the past 2 years and constantly say how inexcusable it is that they haven’t put out more new music over the past 20 years. So how exact am I a sheep? And what exactly am I swallowing? I’d actually take being a sheep (which these days apparently means you like some things the band does) over being a whiny, complaining, entitled and clueless curmudgeon.

It’s absolutely extraordinary to me that anybody would be arrogant and ignorant enough to sit here as a nobody on a message board and suggest they’d run KISS better than the band or management does. Reminds me of those people who criticise a politician, suggesting they’d do a better job. You’ve got absolutely no idea what it takes to keep an empire like KISS running. “Umm... errrr... Release archive footage!” I’m sure it’s that simple! 🙄

Gene & Paul have been at this almost 50 years. They’ve managed to stay alive through the incredible highs and the darkest lows and despite being continuously written off again and again they are still able to sell out arenas right to the end. Doc McGhee has a resumé few others can match. Mötley Crüe, Bon Jovi & KISS just for starters. Sure he and KISS have made mistakes, but so did Aucoin. Solo albums, Phantom movie, THE ELDER, all happened under his management.

How could anybody suggest that Gene, Paul & Doc have got it wrong when this tired and worn out product we know and (allegedly) love as KISS has seen better days but can still rake in millions of dollars and have a following in the millions? Honestly, the idea of some clown on a message board thinking he could do a better job isn’t just laughable or conceited, it’s downright delusional!
Post Reply