Kiss 2020 Goodbye - New Years Eve Live Stream Event

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Phyllis Simmons
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Kiss 2020 Goodbye - New Years Eve Live Stream Event

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

Doose wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:16 pm
Phyllis Simmons wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:24 pm I’m just trying to understand a couple of things with this. I assume it’s going “live” in Dubai at a good NYE time – say 10pm so it hits the NYE Countdown there??? Is that the point to take in the countdown?

So just 2 examples that FAQers pointed out – it means it will be…..
3pm NYE US East Coast
4am NYD Australia East Coast

So in the US start early I guess , but who wants to get the NYE festivities started at 3pm? I guess you could just watch a recording a little bit later? That might work?
In Australia it might mean a big one. Get the NYE festivities out of the way. Be home by 4am. Or if you’re at a house party or something wind the evening down from 4am by taking in the KISS “live” stream. That might work actually?! That might be do-able .. I’ll see!
Global Showtimes on the Website: https://www.kiss2020goodbye.com/

United States
December 31
9am PST / 10am MST / 11am CST / 12pm EST
Cool, thanks for that.
The biggest market has the worst start times! It’s a breakfast party in the US, a recovery party in Australia. UK and Europe looks better - late afternoon into early evening NYE start times. That could certainly work to get your evening started. Elsewhere looks closer to Dubai times. An event like this it would really be nice to take it in “live” though, to feel a part of it.
Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Seanjc »

Honestly, this does not appeal to me at all.

-canned vocals
-same tired setlist, no chance of surprises

It's also a huge turnoff that at a point in time when the entire world is experiencing a pandemic and other artists are streaming socially distanced events for half the price and/or to raise money for charity, KISS decide to travel to another country to play in person for money they don't need. On top of that, they're offering "VIP" packages for prices normally reserved for events attended in person.

I shouldn't be surprised, though. Gene is the same guy who not too long ago sold a collection of unfinished songs for thousands of dollars and included his used socks as a "gift" to the fans.

Anyway, they won't be getting my money and I'm sure this event won't even cross my mind come New Years. For those who will be partaking, I hope it's everything you hope for.
Strutterer
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Strutterer »

I've spoken with four or five casual Kiss fans since the announcement came out. Everyone of them planned to see a show on the End of the Road tour or saw a show in the last decade.

Every person is getting tickets (or has tickets) to the livestream for their families to enjoy on New Year's Eve. People were so excited to have something new from a good live act again. (Not sure if any of these folks have tuned into other paid livestream events this year.)

A small sample, but speaks to the reaction of a lot of "normal people" out there! I know it's fun to pick everything apart and think about the machinations behind every Kiss decision, but can't forget the pure joy people get out of experiencing Kiss. Even if the setlist is stale and the band's relying on whatever effects!
DubaiRockCity
Banned
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

If it’s not selling it will be reduced in price, same as the EOTR. They already quickly announced a cheaper price point after the original announcement of $49.99 due to backlash.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

Seanjc wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:26 pm Honestly, this does not appeal to me at all.

-canned vocals

To be totally fair, we don't know about the setlist. Since this is a worldwide broadcast, I'm guessing more of "Alive!" will be played, and Kiss may add certain songs that are popular in particular areas, like "Shandi" for those down under. And heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they had Tommy churn out "Talk To Me" either.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

WI KISSfan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:07 am
Doose wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:28 am I don't know...I think it's actually kind of a cool idea! I don't know why people are already shi**ing on it. This is the one time I kind of thought, "Yeah, ok, that IS a pretty epic idea."

I think it's great.
Why are people shi**ing on it?

Because this is KISSfaq and that's what many do. They could announce a free livestream of this magnitude with a VIP package that contained a 100% safe vaccine for all types of cancer and a free box of KISS merch and people would still bitch on here.

I like the idea, some variables for me on whether I'll get it.
I wouldn't say people are shi**ing on it rather pointing out that it's simply a KISS concert that will have no surprises to the set list and will be the exact same show we could all do in our sleep.

Because of these facts some here are simply saying, no thank you.

More firecrackers must be the selling point here because I'm actually agreeing with the no thank you people.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

redinthesky wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:26 pm
Seanjc wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:26 pm Honestly, this does not appeal to me at all.

-canned vocals

To be totally fair, we don't know about the setlist. Since this is a worldwide broadcast, I'm guessing more of "Alive!" will be played, and Kiss may add certain songs that are popular in particular areas, like "Shandi" for those down under. And heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they had Tommy churn out "Talk To Me" either.
Wow.

Better chance of Peter's rock album seeing the light of day.

They will play it extremely safe because all they need and want to worry about is how they look.....canned vocals and possibly canned music in spots.

Easy peasy....get some nice looking wigs.
Goodwilltowardsall
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Goodwilltowardsall »

Will dynamic pricing be in play? If so, resist buying a ticket until the last minute.
Grizzly Adams
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Grizzly Adams »

HOFCity wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:54 pm Better chance of Peter's rock album seeing the light of day.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

Strutterer wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:28 pm I've spoken with four or five casual Kiss fans since the announcement came out. Everyone of them planned to see a show on the End of the Road tour or saw a show in the last decade.

Every person is getting tickets (or has tickets) to the livestream for their families to enjoy on New Year's Eve. People were so excited to have something new from a good live act again. (Not sure if any of these folks have tuned into other paid livestream events this year.)

A small sample, but speaks to the reaction of a lot of "normal people" out there! I know it's fun to pick everything apart and think about the machinations behind every Kiss decision, but can't forget the pure joy people get out of experiencing Kiss. Even if the setlist is stale and the band's relying on whatever effects!
Yeah right
Phyllis Simmons

HOFCity wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:54 pm

-canned vocals

Wow.

They will play it extremely safe because all they need and want to worry about is how they look.....canned vocals and possibly canned music in spots.

Its possible there might be a surprise or two in the set list. I wouldnt expect too many changes though. It all depends that back when Paul was recording his vocals in the studio for the EOTR tour - did he have the foresight to record 3 or 4 additional songs back then to keep in reserve for him to be able to mime to at a later point? A few extra songs that could be inserted into the setlist as a surprise or a change up? You would think he probably did. Maybe we see 1 or 2 change ups, I wouldnt think more than that though.
KISSFACE
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by KISSFACE »

Phyllis Simmons wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:56 am Its possible there might be a surprise or two in the set list. I wouldnt expect too many changes though. It all depends that back when Paul was recording his vocals in the studio for the EOTR tour - did he have the foresight to record 3 or 4 additional songs back then to keep in reserve for him to be able to mime to at a later point? A few extra songs that could be inserted into the setlist as a surprise or a change up? You would think he probably did. Maybe we see 1 or 2 change ups
Sure, he wouldn’t have totally locked the setlist up that early; there’s always a chance a song doesn’t get the response they wanna see or somehow messes up the flow of the show. And some will just be more popular in other parts of the world.

This could be the time to bring in Strutter, which IS prepared:

As is Got To Choose and Crazy Crazy Nights (which i think has been in and out and back in) He also surprised us on the road with Hide Your Heart. Is there maybe a Firehouse / HTH combo? I Stole Your Love? (If he could record it as well as this Strutter turned out, i’d love to hear a Decent take again)
Phyllis Simmons

KISSFACE wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:31 am
Phyllis Simmons wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:56 am Its possible there might be a surprise or two in the set list. I wouldnt expect too many changes though. It all depends that back when Paul was recording his vocals in the studio for the EOTR tour - did he have the foresight to record 3 or 4 additional songs back then to keep in reserve for him to be able to mime to at a later point? A few extra songs that could be inserted into the setlist as a surprise or a change up? You would think he probably did. Maybe we see 1 or 2 change ups
Sure, he wouldn’t have totally locked the setlist up that early; there’s always a chance a song doesn’t get the response they wanna see or somehow messes up the flow of the show. And some will just be more popular in other parts of the world.

This could be the time to bring in Strutter, which IS prepared:

As is Got To Choose and Crazy Crazy Nights (which i think has been in and out and back in) He also surprised us on the road with Hide Your Heart. Is there maybe a Firehouse / HTH combo? I Stole Your Love? (If he could record it as well as this Strutter turned out, i’d love to hear a Decent take again)
Im always up for hearing Got to Choose under any circumstance – one of my top 5 KISS songs ever; ISYL too.. I agree Strutter is very well recorded here. A carefully controlled latter day Paul studio vocal. Just restrained enough that most in the audience will be of the feeling that it is “live”. Simple version, on-key, he’s not over-singing it. Nicely recorded.
Paul just needs to remember to stay up close at the mic right through the “drives you wiiiiiiiiiii-iiiiiiiilllllldd” bit. Not pull away while that line is still playing and yell “sing” into his silent mic as he does at about 1:40. :oops: That wont work well on the Worldwide NYE stream. This might have been his first fully mimed show – those Kruises? So there were some kinks to iron out.
Either way mistakes like those won't happen on the Worldwide NYE stream; there’ll be cutaway shots, back up/ substitute shots ready to be inserted in a milli-second should something go off script.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

-canned vocals

Wow.

You may be right, but c'mon, is this really that out of hand to think possible? Again, it's a worldwide broadcast, and Kiss canceled Australia on the EotR tour. So is it that big of a stretch to think they may play the big hit off Unmasked, a huge album down there? Two songs probably not, but if the fans there pay the equal to $40 or $50 US dollars, don't you think they'd expect a bone tossed their way?

Not to mention a few more off Alive? Firehouse, HTH, Got to Choose maybe? That's a crazy thought?

Sure, Kiss may go the very easy route. But this all is totally logical. It just depends on whether Kiss gives a damn enough.
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

From my experience, most Australian Kiss fans would prefer to hear something other than Shandi. It was popular back in 1980, however, I'm not that sure that those that made it popular are the ones that are still hanging around.
Doose

Post by Doose »

From my sources, I hear this has been in the works since April, and they're going to bring Peter back to sing "Beth," Ace will do three numbers, and even Vinnie was approached to do "Lick It Up" and "I Love It Loud."

Just kidding. I have no sources.
Grand Classic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Grand Classic »

redinthesky wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:33 am

-canned vocals

Wow.

You may be right, but c'mon, is this really that out of hand to think possible? Again, it's a worldwide broadcast, and Kiss canceled Australia on the EotR tour. So is it that big of a stretch to think they may play the big hit off Unmasked, a huge album down there? Two songs probably not, but if the fans there pay the equal to $40 or $50 US dollars, don't you think they'd expect a bone tossed their way?

Not to mention a few more off Alive? Firehouse, HTH, Got to Choose maybe? That's a crazy thought?

Sure, Kiss may go the very easy route. But this all is totally logical. It just depends on whether Kiss gives a damn enough.
If it was another band sure, but we are talking about KISS here. They couldn't be more lazy and stale. Just go through the motions with same old shit and collect the money.
Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Seanjc »

-canned vocals

Wow.

Yeah, I see Red's point and he could be right. The deal for this show didn't happen overnight, which would have given Paul plenty of time to record some new vocals. However, when EOTR was still happening the setlist remained the same when the tour hit Europe. That being said, the tour did not make it to Australia so we don't know if they were planning on including Shandi.

Despite the possibility, I'd bet KISS will use the EOTR setlist as the vocals are ready to go. They're cautious and dare I say lazy when it comes to the tunes performed live. While "Shandi" was big in Australia, I can't see Paul recording a new song to accommodate fans that may be tuning in from one country that's not the U.S.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

Seanjc wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:27 am

-canned vocals

Wow.

Yeah, I see Red's point and he could be right. The deal for this show didn't happen overnight, which would have given Paul plenty of time to record some new vocals. However, when EOTR was still happening the setlist remained the same when the tour hit Europe. That being said, the tour did not make it to Australia so we don't know if they were planning on including Shandi.

Despite the possibility, I'd bet KISS will use the EOTR setlist as the vocals are ready to go. They're cautious and dare I say lazy when it comes to the tunes performed live. While "Shandi" was big in Australia, I can't see Paul recording a new song to accommodate fans that may be tuning in from one country that's not the U.S.
They'll go the extra mile in making sure there's enough smoke and mirrors so to speak but the music they choose to play is robotic to the show.

Not trying to be negative but that's KISS and we all know it.
Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Seanjc »

HOFCity wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:06 am

Seanjc wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:27 am

-canned vocals

Wow.

They'll go the extra mile in making sure there's enough smoke and mirrors so to speak but the music they choose to play is robotic to the show.

Not trying to be negative but that's KISS and we all know it.

Sad but true. There are no surprises with them anymore.
Holmgren
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Holmgren »

The stream starts 9 and I presume the fireworks goes off at 12.
So how will they fill 3 hrs?
CDT75
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by CDT75 »

Does anybody know if you can stream on smart TV or mobile devices only.
Den Dennis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Den Dennis »

Holmgren wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:09 am The stream starts 9 and I presume the fireworks goes off at 12.
Painter guy :lol:
Tito

Post by Tito »

Den Dennis wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:06 pm
Holmgren wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:09 am The stream starts 9 and I presume the fireworks goes off at 12.
Soylent Gene
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Soylent Gene »

Tito wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Fuck me. What happened to my favorite band??
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

There’ll be a pre-show streaming for free to pick up those last-minute stragglers, so i hope it has content of interest going for it.
Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pollux »

Soylent Gene wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:21 pm
Tito wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Fuck me. What happened to my favorite band??
😀C'mon, it ain't that bad. He is a family guy afterall, isn't he. There's not much rock n roll here, though.