Kiss 2020 Goodbye - New Years Eve Live Stream Event

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Supertrooper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Kiss 2020 Goodbye - New Years Eve Live Stream Event

Post by Supertrooper »

Padilla18 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:47 am One night do a makeup show with songs from the 70's. And the other night, no makeup, a set of 80's/90's KISS. And have the fans choose some of the set list. KISS can choose 10, the fans can choose the other 10 each night. I think that would be more epic.
You must realize that the vocal smoothing pedal is extremely expensive to use, so the chances they are gonna pay even more money to reprogram it for Paul to mim...I mean, sing even more songs are highly unlikely. I have knowledge about this because I emailed with a guy called Peterin Orlando who claims to be in the inner circle of all this.
Soylent Gene
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Soylent Gene »

andreww1962 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:11 pm The real question here is whether the show will actually be live? I almost guarantee that it won't. Being HD with 50 cameras, any lip synch flubs wont go unnoticed. My guess is that the entire show will be recorded and edited in the days before. I don't trust these guys, not one bit.
It won’t be live. They will film the dress rehearsal and edit it before it airs on New Year’s Eve.
mainline
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by mainline »

What is so epic about this since KISS has already performed on New Years Eve's in the past?
Holmgren
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Holmgren »

Epic? Well maybe, depending on what you like and expect from a band and it's members that old.
I say bring it on! 🤘
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

Admin wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:41 am The amount of cameras involved should deliver what some fans like me have been demanding, a HI-DEF capture of EOTR. I think it's the perfect opportunity / method.
The absence of crowd interaction is what bothers me here. A lot of the energy KISS has on stage is fueled by the roar of the crowd. Ending each song to dead silence or balcony cheering seems a little anemic and adding it in would be dopey in this context. Sporting events kind of pull it off but athletes are not engaging the crowd the same way as Paul does.

Then there is Gene. His whole thing is working the crowd. I guess he'll point at the balconies instead.

It will be worth watching just to see how they manage this feat.

The video quality will be great but I don't see how they could do the definitive EOTR DVD/BR release without the crowd.
Last edited by Wichita77 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Crown Royal »

The crowd in the Vegas DVD looked like a group that took a wrong turn heading to an AARP convention.

You won't miss much not seeing a KISS crowd nowadays.
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:50 pm The crowd in the Vegas DVD looked like a group that took a wrong turn heading to an AARP convention.

You won't miss much not seeing a KISS crowd nowadays.
It's not so much seeing them, but I think their total absence will be such that it will impact the energy of the show.

Then again, maybe they'll be fine hamming it up for the cameras and find a way to adapt to the situation. We're all having to learn to live a little differently these days.
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

They still have to get through the customs entry process regardless of it’s private or commercial. Granted - the process for privates is quite streamlined; and - I speak from experience - in some countries it’s a well known fact that if you bring along some photos of U.S. Presidents on green numbered paper....you and your party are cleared reeeeeaallly quickly....
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Mr Slow »

WI KISSfan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:07 am
Doose wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:28 am I don't know...I think it's actually kind of a cool idea! I don't know why people are already shi**ing on it. This is the one time I kind of thought, "Yeah, ok, that IS a pretty epic idea."

I think it's great.
Why are people shi**ing on it?

Because this is KISSfaq and that's what many do. They could announce a free livestream of this magnitude with a VIP package that contained a 100% safe vaccine for all types of cancer and a free box of KISS merch and people would still bitch on here.

I like the idea, some variables for me on whether I'll get it.
Yep. I laugh at those who are saying “pass” like they think it makes them look cool. All is does is make them look like jerks. 🙄
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

Soylent Gene wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:37 pm
andreww1962 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:11 pm The real question here is whether the show will actually be live? I almost guarantee that it won't. Being HD with 50 cameras, any lip synch flubs wont go unnoticed. My guess is that the entire show will be recorded and edited in the days before. I don't trust these guys, not one bit.
It won’t be live. They will film the dress rehearsal and edit it before it airs on New Year’s Eve.
Maybe they’ll be there 2 weeks prior and film it then. Whatever makes for a better product. This is KISS. We’re used to smoke & mirrors. 😉
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

Just make it a great great product — it could be the last. I’m glad they’re getting this show recorded, that was a major bummer about the tour interruption, that it might not happen. So now they’re gonna amplify the fx, too. That’s fine, but the band had best be sharp!
Four-Who-Are-One
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Four-Who-Are-One »

I concur that for these prices you should expect at least a digital copy. The times aren't gonna suit everyone to watch it live.
pete1699
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pete1699 »

I’m definitely in. Probably go with the $250 package. But seriously, my thought I’m having is how is Paul going to do his raps in between songs? That’s a major part of the show. Talking to the audience, getting the audience excited, and in the process giving Gene and the other guys a break for a minute. Although I think his raps were very short for the most part on the EOTR. Anyways, I think visually it will be exciting, and I hope they extend the set list by a few songs. I mean because it’s a one off event, they’re not in tour mode. So they could have the time and energy to give us a few more songs I’m hoping. Anyway, I’m in. It’ll be a fun day!
Ace of Bass
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ace of Bass »

I’m surprised they’re videoing in 4K, but they’re only streaming in 2K (1080p). I’m guessing the theater release will be 4K.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

So thats the news eh.

This is being bankrolled by the UAE for sure.

Well done GAP, you aren't spending a cent here.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Soylent Gene wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:09 pm Notice how they promote it as the Demon, Starchild, Spaceman and Catman just in case one of them gets sick and can’t perform they can easily be replaced. Smart.
Maybe they dont want to refer to Eric and Tommy by name.....it can only mean one thing :lol:
Last edited by steveh67 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

Ace of Bass wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:59 pm I’m surprised they’re videoing in 4K, but they’re only streaming in 2K (1080p). I’m guessing the theater release will be 4K.
Gives the early buyer added incentive to buy again.
Tail of a hurricane

Post by Tail of a hurricane »

Total pass
Easy Catman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Easy Catman »

Disappointed to be honest but not surprised at all, ah well.

To everyone who is thrilled by this have a mega New Years Eve folks.
DubaiRockCity
Banned
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

Say Dubai
It’s only for now
Cos I’m coming back
I swear it somehow
cason96
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by cason96 »

LMFAO
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

I imagine they have an “out”.... or outs for any number of scenarios...If one thing goes wrong the whole thing could be ruined; one of the band members tests positive between now and then. God forbid one of their wives or kids gets sick - are they going to say, sorry, I’m going to work. Daddy has to go make a million dollars; see ya later; love you.......Or say There’s a spike at Atlantis. Someone in “the bubble” gets sick. Socio-Political pushback..... whatever. I would feel much better if we were talking NYE 21=22. Too many unknowns right now.
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:11 pm
TheSphinx wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:59 pm
highvoltage1969 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:56 pm
JohnBergless wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:21 am Seriously though,
How the F is this going to happen?
-Is this with no audience?
-Is the Dubai Gov’t. seeing dollar signs and ignoring the COVID-19 danger?
- The entire production staff and band are going to travel there? Huge undertaking at this point in the world. And how many people will it take to pack the show up here in the states, get it to the airport, etc? Is that all going to be COVID compliant too?

How many people are going to be in rehearsals? It’s sure not just the 4 musicians.

I don’t know; I hate to be pessimistic or to shit on this idea.....It just seems like a whole big undertaking. I’m sure (and I know) that they’ve done their homework on this before they came out with the idea. But my gosh....I hope they can pull this off.
I'm sure they will have to prove they're COVID free before flying.

My girlfriend went to Portugal last month, she needed a negative test result certificate no later later than 72hrs before the flight.

They'll be vaccinated next week or so. And you can bet they'll go on a private jet. I doubt they will fly EMIRATES AIR there.
Probably. Emirates is one of the best airlines I've flown on, if you have the money their first class suites in the A380 are amazing: bed, bar, shower, butler service. I wouldn't be completely surprised if they flew commercial but you're likely right, they'll probably charter a flight.
Look who you’re talking to. Vinnie doesn’t leave Nashville. Maybe his Ilk will get him a model plane for his birthday.
DOUBLE DYNASTY

Post by DOUBLE DYNASTY »

Is David Lee Ross still opening for KISS? Will that be streamed too?
Marty Scurll
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Marty Scurll »

Mr Slow wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:07 pm
Doose wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:28 am I don't know...I think it's actually kind of a cool idea! I don't know why people are already shi**ing on it. This is the one time I kind of thought, "Yeah, ok, that IS a pretty epic idea."

I think it's great.

Because this is KISSfaq and that's what many do. They could announce a free livestream of this magnitude with a VIP package that contained a 100% safe vaccine for all types of cancer and a free box of KISS merch and people would still bitch on here.

Yep. I laugh at those who are saying “pass” like they think it makes them look cool. All is does is make them look like jerks. 🙄
image.png
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! Who you calling a jerk?! The Fonz ain't into no current Kiss! Sit on it! Whoa!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarshallG
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by MarshallG »

Time check
4:00am Melbourne, Australia???

Yes, I will buy basic package.

Something different.
Going Blind
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Going Blind »

Wichita77 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:45 pm
Admin wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:41 am The amount of cameras involved should deliver what some fans like me have been demanding, a HI-DEF capture of EOTR. I think it's the perfect opportunity / method.
The absence of crowd interaction is what bothers me here. A lot of the energy KISS has on stage is fueled by the roar of the crowd. Ending each song to dead silence or balcony cheering seems a little anemic and adding it in would be dopey in this context. Sporting events kind of pull it off but athletes are not engaging the crowd the same way as Paul does.

Then there is Gene. His whole thing is working the crowd. I guess he'll point at the balconies instead.

It will be worth watching just to see how they manage this feat.

The video quality will be great but I don't see how they could do the definitive EOTR DVD/BR release without the crowd.
I hear Kiss was going to have a virtual crowd created for the show but couldn't find a way to make them pay for thier seats. Gene balked when he found out it would actually cost money to have a crowd created that couldn't even buy stuff at the merch table.
41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

It's a pretty good idea, and if they can strictly follow protocols in a bubble type of environment it could go off OK.

For the highest price, though, there should be much more included, such as a VIP acoustic set, Q and A , meet and greet on Zoom, etc. Maybe a virtual fan experience like the NBA does.

I don't think it is streamable on Roku, Xbox etc, either. But I could be wrong.

I will be interested to watch but don't feel the urge to pay for it, can wait to see it for less or free down the line.
Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

Population of Dubai: 3,300,000

Chances Gene eventually says KISS played to "over 3 million people in the Middle East on the EOTR tour": 100%

Chances Nibbs will try to fit that number into EOTR's overall attendance figures: 101%

Chances Nibbs' fan club buys that as perfectly legit: 102%
NYRockCity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by NYRockCity »

Hotter Than Heck wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:17 am
I’m excited I’m glad that it’s earlier on the East Coast I’m making my family watch it with me lol
Hipster1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Hipster1 »

I can't wait...I'm buying the Platinum VIP package.....not for everyone ..but it's for me.....
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Hipster1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:51 am I can't wait...I'm buying the Platinum VIP package.....not for everyone ..but it's for me.....

You know, with all handwringing over the price of the Platinum Package, you are getting A LOT of merchandise plus intangibles such as being in the credits. Just merchandise alone, I figured around $900, conservatively.
metaldad

Post by metaldad »

Will P&G be wearing the masks they constantly promote?
Stay home, wear a mask, don’t see your family for the holiday
But by all means, fly to the other side of the world for money
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

I think it's great.

Maybe they're saying pass because they're really not interested and intend to pass.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

I think it's great.

They’ll be the ones buying the platinum package. :lol:
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

Haven’t paid to see them since 2010 which wasn’t a show I enjoyed, not gonna pay to see Paul lip sync on pay per view. If I want to watch Kiss on New Years I’ll watch Cobo Hall Alive Tour.
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

A couple of more concerns I have:

1) All this talk of a gigantic stage. Can KISS support (use up) that much real estate these days? They aren’t 25 anymore. They stand in place and flail thier arms. Even the Alive 35 stage (in the biggest venues) seemed like the band were miles away from each other. On the other hand, that might be nessecary for social distancing. Better tell the spot operators to stay on thier men. Maybe a smaller stage surface would do them good. They don’t want to look like Mini KISS out there.

2) So many TV cameras. One word of advice - if the dude who directed the video for Alive IV Symphony wants to come back.... don’t hire him. Just because there’s 1 billion cameras, doesn’t mean you have to switch between shots every 2 1/2 seconds. Just saying.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

jmitzel wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 am

I think it's great.

They’ll be the ones buying the platinum package. :lol:
How is this anything new or even EPIC?

It's KISS in concert.

Not an old concert where they were actually singing and moving around on stage but a lypsyned 2020 band who is going to rely heavily on bombs and pyro to mask the band they used to be on stage.

It'll be a spectacle and sadly that's ALL they'll be remembered for when they are done with these cash grabs.

As for the music....no one cares.
KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Just thought, is Paul gonna still do the raps/onstage banter?

"Peeeooople, I can't see you but I can FEEL YA!"
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

Hard pass
KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

JohnBergless wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:02 am A couple of more concerns I have:

2) So many TV cameras. One word of advice - if the dude who directed the video for Alive IV Symphony wants to come back.... don’t hire him. Just because there’s 1 billion cameras, doesn’t mean you have to switch between shots every 2 1/2 seconds. Just saying.
DW Tommy is playing so it won't be him :lol:
Doose

Post by Doose »

KISS fans are never happy. They always have to complain about something.

As a big "Fuck You," Paul and Gene should bring Ace and Peter back into the band, wear The Elder costumes, and play "All For One" in its entirety on the Asylum stage.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

I’m just trying to understand a couple of things with this. I assume it’s going “live” in Dubai at a good NYE time – say 10pm so it hits the NYE Countdown there??? Is that the point to take in the countdown?

So just 2 examples that FAQers pointed out – it means it will be…..
3pm NYE US East Coast
4am NYD Australia East Coast

So in the US start early I guess , but who wants to get the NYE festivities started at 3pm? I guess you could just watch a recording a little bit later? That might work?
In Australia it might mean a big one. Get the NYE festivities out of the way. Be home by 4am. Or if you’re at a house party or something wind the evening down from 4am by taking in the KISS “live” stream. That might work actually?! That might be do-able .. I’ll see!
Doose

Post by Doose »

Phyllis Simmons wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:24 pm I’m just trying to understand a couple of things with this. I assume it’s going “live” in Dubai at a good NYE time – say 10pm so it hits the NYE Countdown there??? Is that the point to take in the countdown?

So just 2 examples that FAQers pointed out – it means it will be…..
3pm NYE US East Coast
4am NYD Australia East Coast

So in the US start early I guess , but who wants to get the NYE festivities started at 3pm? I guess you could just watch a recording a little bit later? That might work?
In Australia it might mean a big one. Get the NYE festivities out of the way. Be home by 4am. Or if you’re at a house party or something wind the evening down from 4am by taking in the KISS “live” stream. That might work actually?! That might be do-able .. I’ll see!
Global Showtimes on the Website: https://www.kiss2020goodbye.com/

United States
December 31
9am PST / 10am MST / 11am CST / 12pm EST
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

KingOfHearts89 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:17 am Just thought, is Paul gonna still do the raps/onstage banter?

"Peeeooople, I can't see you but I can FEEL YA!"
If they sound alright on tape.
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

the Pandem-KISSic koncert
TheSphinx

Post by TheSphinx »

Soylent Gene wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:09 pm Notice how they promote it as the Demon, Starchild, Spaceman and Catman just in case one of them gets sick and can’t perform they can easily be replaced. Smart.
Maybe....but I thought they did that so they wouldn't have to say ERIC SINGER and TOMMY THAYER.

A good portion wouldn't know the difference if they didn't say the names
TheSphinx

Post by TheSphinx »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:00 am

You know, with all handwringing over the price of the Platinum Package, you are getting A LOT of merchandise plus intangibles such as being in the credits. Just merchandise alone, I figured around $900, conservatively.

Name in the credits... WOW! So along with 2499 other people (that paid $1000) you get to be in the credits that nobody will be watching. THat's a phone book list of credits.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

JohnBergless wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:02 am A couple of more concerns I have:

1) All this talk of a gigantic stage. Can KISS support (use up) that much real estate these days? They aren’t 25 anymore. They stand in place and flail thier arms. Even the Alive 35 stage (in the biggest venues) seemed like the band were miles away from each other. On the other hand, that might be nessecary for social distancing. Better tell the spot operators to stay on thier men. Maybe a smaller stage surface would do them good. They don’t want to look like Mini KISS out there.

The difference is because there’s no audience the cameras will be able to be on stage. So there’ll probably be plenty of closeups and unique angles. I’m imagining the final scene from the Detroit Rock City movie (without the crowd and tongue cam though!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheSphinx

Post by TheSphinx »

Mr Slow wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:50 pm
The difference is because there’s no audience the cameras will be able to be on stage. So there’ll probably be plenty of closeups and unique angles. I’m imagining the final scene from the Detroit Rock City movie (without the crowd and tongue cam though!)

What do you wanna bet that the LARGE MAJORITY of those 50 cameras won't be shooting the band.

I mean anything over 16 cameras or so to shoot a concert is ridiculous overkill.

But I imagine that a ton of cameras will be ALL OVER DUBIA showing the fireworks etc..... and showing off various aspects of ATLANTIS there.

Just because they HYPE 50 cameras in the press release..... doesn't mean 50 will be on KISS