Favorite Gene bass

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
muddfoot
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Favorite Gene bass

Post by muddfoot »

I don’t play guitar....so I’m going just by looks

The axe
Soylent Gene
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Soylent Gene »

Booman wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:02 pm I asked Gene at the vault if he had to choose, punisher or axe. He answered immediately Spector.
He prefers Spector over his own Punisher??
k1ssarmy
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by k1ssarmy »

C wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:13 am
gene therapist wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:04 am Nothing can beat the Axe. Not saying it's necessarily the most beautiful, but it sure is a classic with a distinct vibe.
Which one do you like best?
Kramer or Jackson?

I like the headstock on the Kramer but both are very cool! Those are two really cool pics of Gene. The Animalize pic looks really cool for a non makeup shot pre Revenge. Thanks for the post!
C
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by C »

Soylent Gene wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:07 am
Booman wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:02 pm I asked Gene at the vault if he had to choose, punisher or axe. He answered immediately Spector.
i bet he sticks to the Punisher for $$$ commercial reasons, so he can sell it
C

Post by C »

k1ssarmy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:52 am
C wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:13 am
gene therapist wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:04 am Nothing can beat the Axe. Not saying it's necessarily the most beautiful, but it sure is a classic with a distinct vibe.
Which one do you like best?
Kramer or Jackson?

I like the headstock on the Kramer but both are very cool! Those are two really cool pics of Gene. The Animalize pic looks really cool for a non makeup shot pre Revenge. Thanks for the post!
My pleasure, you're welcome
Soylent Gene
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Soylent Gene »

C wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:43 am
Soylent Gene wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:07 am
i bet he sticks to the Punisher for $$$ commercial reasons, so he can sell it
No kidding.
Strutterer
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Strutterer »

My two picks for Gene are the Grabber from Alive! and the early-90s Punisher era. Never liked the look of the Spector bass in comparison, but no issues with the sound of that instrument.

Is there a reason why Gene seems to exclusively play the axe bass these days? Is it a licensing deal or something? I had a bit of a Mandela effect and thought he hadn't touched the Punisher in years, but apparently it was used on the Sonic Boom tour if I have my costume-dating correct.

http://www.rockapedia.com/biography/gen ... s/overview
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joma5477
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by joma5477 »

Strutterer wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:15 am My two picks for Gene are the Grabber from Alive! and the early-90s Punisher era. Never liked the look of the Spector bass in comparison, but no issues with the sound of that instrument.

Is there a reason why Gene seems to exclusively play the axe bass these days? Is it a licensing deal or something? I had a bit of a Mandela effect and thought he hadn't touched the Punisher in years, but apparently it was used on the Sonic Boom tour if I have my costume-dating correct.

http://www.rockapedia.com/biography/gen ... s/overview
I assume he has to still play the Punisher since he was offering stage played Punishers packages prior to covid. I could be wrong, though, I don't really watch that band perform.