Paul Stanley Black Friday smashed guitar sale

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
rsauye
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Paul Stanley Black Friday smashed guitar sale

Post by rsauye »

Rhiannon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Paul Stanley Black Friday smashed guitar sale

Post by Rhiannon »

Really :roll:

How about a Black Friday sale of some demos from your career.Something reasonable for the long time 40 years old fan, like me , has a family and craves for something tangible from Kiss this year.
ypke
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by ypke »

You can get those guitars working for around 325 euro (ps60 model came up first in my search, didn't really dive in). I'd rather have that than a broken one barely touched by Paul.
KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

So out of 33 shows on the KISSWORLD Tour (2017), he only sold 9 broken guitars?!? Are they really worth clinging onto?

If he wants the Glasgow one gone I'll take it for a couple of hundred ;)
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

Asinine. (The first word that came to my mind when visiting that page.)

Come to think of it, rearranging the letters a bit, you also get "insane".
Hotter Than Heck
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Hotter Than Heck »

And to think, all those years he just handed those smashed guitar pieces into the crowd...
Ratmir
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Ratmir »

Looks like guitars from most shows are unsold
Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Seanjc »

A few years ago, he had a similar sale and I contemplated buying the smashed guitar from the last KISS show I attended in 2012.

Ultimately, I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. Yeah, it'd be a cool memento to have but there wouldn't be a really cool story behind how I got it. If it was say, being auctioned off for a good cause I'd feel less self-conscious about potentially giving $2500 for something like that.

However, I just can't personally justify spending that much on a cheap guitar Paul held for a few minutes.
Tommyr

Post by Tommyr »

I'm not paying $2,500 for a smashed guitar. You got to be retarded to buy those.
SureKnowSomething

Post by SureKnowSomething »

He may have better luck if he offered different mounting/display options. It's not as if anyone expects to play one. As is, they're somewhere between a unique collectable and going in the trash can.

Why not just sell personalized, intact, cheap guitars for an overly inflated price instead? He'd probably sell a whole lot more selling those vs a piece of junk.
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

gene therapist wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:19 am Asinine. (The first word that came to my mind when visiting that page.)

Come to think of it, rearranging the letters a bit, you also get "insane".
That’s our Starchild...
joma5477
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by joma5477 »

SureKnowSomething wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:05 am Why not just sell personalized, intact, cheap guitars for an overly inflated price instead? He'd probably sell a whole lot more selling those vs a piece of junk.
Why not? Because the cheap, working guitars already have some value. He's trying to literally get money for nothing. He'd probably easily get it too if he brought the price down to like $500 or so. Not from me, but I bet they'd sell... Maybe he comes out ahead in the long run charging stupid for cheap, broken guitars though. He probably still sells a few at these ridic prices.
Soylent Gene
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Soylent Gene »

What a joke.
Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

Hotter Than Heck wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:30 am And to think, all those years he just handed those smashed guitar pieces into the crowd...
The pre-lawsuit years.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

I caught mine in 2006. I don't think I'll ever sell or would purchase one
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

Soylent Gene wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:52 am What a joke.
and yet once again old Andy agrees---- 👏
Stlouisblue
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Stlouisblue »

Homer Simpson wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:20 am
Hotter Than Heck wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:30 am And to think, all those years he just handed those smashed guitar pieces into the crowd...
The pre-lawsuit years.
Can anyone on here confirm that KISS has been sued because of throwing shit into the audience? They throw broken guitar shards...tons of guitar pics...seems like in this day and age, heck even 20 years ago, they would be hit with lawsuits due to "fan injuries ". Of course they would settle out of court and have a non-disclosure agrrement so others wouldn't copy cat. But can anyone confirm they have been sued because of this?
Engine742
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Engine742 »

Why do I see a corner of his garage with a pile of broken guitars. Don’t throw those out, they will be worth something someday. The price on the working guitars is even better starting at $15,000.
muddfoot
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by muddfoot »

Well you do get your choice of semi pre-canned messages written on the guitar

Lol
firekiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by firekiss »

Stlouisblue wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:26 pm
Homer Simpson wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:20 am
The pre-lawsuit years.
Can anyone on here confirm that KISS has been sued because of throwing shit into the audience? They throw broken guitar shards...tons of guitar pics...seems like in this day and age, heck even 20 years ago, they would be hit with lawsuits due to "fan injuries ". Of course they would settle out of court and have a non-disclosure agrrement so others wouldn't copy cat. But can anyone confirm they have been sued because of this?
I believe there was a point a few years back where they stopped throwing picks for a while due to a pending lawsuit.
Admin
Yawn

Post by Admin »

"According to the Grand Rapids Press, 27-year-old Carly M****** filed a suit last week against KISS, the Van Andel Arena, and three companies promoting the concert." May 8, 1997 show, finger entangled by guitar strings and mangled in fan scrum for the guitar...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/kiss- ... led?page=0
Tommyr

Post by Tommyr »

Admin wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:01 pm "According to the Grand Rapids Press, 27-year-old Carly M****** filed a suit last week against KISS, the Van Andel Arena, and three companies promoting the concert." May 8, 1997 show, finger entangled by guitar strings and mangled in fan scrum for the guitar...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/kiss- ... led?page=0
They'll have to (if they haven't already) print on the ticket back about not being liable like they do for baseball games.
Admin
Yawn

Post by Admin »

I was tempted. Very. Especially after taking the refund for the Kruise guitar. There were a few shows I attended with guitars available. The show in Oakland this year was by far the best concert experience I have ever had, and it would be nice to supplement some of the stuff from that show with the guitar for a display. Sadly, economic/employment uncertainty make it impossible for me to do so, having also just dropped substantial coin on a recent auction. But, even then, there's nothing quite like catching something thrown from the stage for yourself -- Eric's drumstick from that show makes me smile every time I walk by it (as does Peter's Farewell pick picked up from the floor). The guitar would be very nice, but I'll be happy with what I have.
Den Dennis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Den Dennis »

Vinnie-level pricing.
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

How do you even know these guitars are from the shows he’s claiming or even know if they are really stage broken?

After Tommy has cleaned the leaves from his gutter I can see Paul asking “The Spaceman” to break some of those unboxed guitars! :D
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

I bought mine two years ago from the Black Friday sale. At the time it (KISS Kruise VI) was my last KISS show. I thought the price was good for what it is.

Apparently there are two types of KISS fans. Those that like to buy stuff like this, and those who like to force their opinion on how others should spend their money.
KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

kisshall2 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:23 am I bought mine two years ago from the Black Friday sale. At the time it (KISS Kruise VI) was my last KISS show. I thought the price was good for what it is.

Apparently there are two types of KISS fans. Those that like to buy stuff like this, and those who like to force their opinion on how others should spend their money.
There's 3, the third is people wanting it but can't justify spending the money especially in these hard times.
drmoorejr
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by drmoorejr »

I personally would not pay for a broken guitar.. A guitar is meant to be played not merely looked at.
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

drmoorejr wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:34 am I personally would not pay for a broken guitar.. A guitar is meant to be played not merely looked at.
That stage busted guitar is one of the most recognized KISS concert prop’s ever designed. It isn’t “just” a broken guitar.
Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Still got the neck of the guitar Paul smashed and threw into the crowd first time I ever saw them. Paying for something like this just feels wrong, its so corporate and tacky.
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

That stage busted guitar is one of the most recognized KISS concert prop’s ever designed. It isn’t “just” a broken guitar.
^^^
THIS.
Glasgow Kiss
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

I smashed this guitar for you, [NAME (Optional)]

on [CONCERT DATE]

No, Paul.

You smashed it for $2500, not for [NAME (Optional)], and it's now not even a guitar - it's a couple of bits of wood.
torgotheme
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by torgotheme »

I wouldn't pay $25.00 for this. I'd grab it for a fiver to throw it in the trash, where it belongs.
stutterer

Post by stutterer »

Does breaking a neck joint count as smashing the whole guitar? Richie Blackmore at least took his sweet time with his fenders, those would be worth it.
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

I'd like one but even the Black Friday price of $2,500 is far more than I'd want to spend for it. I'd probably have to chew on it even at $1,000 as you can get a signature model Ibanez for less than that. The Iceman is synonymous with Paul Stanley, so either would look great in the KISS Kave, but if I had my pick over a stage-smashed or playable PS-120, I'd pick the latter.

Now if it was from a show I attended...
Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

Do you guys even realize these are prebroken before he supposedly breaks them in concert? :D

Such a pathetic money grabbing shame

I’d say a concert used guitar pick is much more valuable/collectible
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

Nellcote71 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:08 am Do you guys even realize these are prebroken before he supposedly breaks them in concert? :D

Such a pathetic money grabbing shame

I’d say a concert used guitar pick is much more valuable/collectible
I don't know that anyone would buy one of these as a "valuable/collectible". There is obviously no shortage of them, and I don't think that anyone is thinking they'll make anything off of one of these some day, especially with so many available. Supply clearly exceeds demand.

Anyone who gets one of these is buying it for what it represents to them. Same with the sword and the Ultimate VIP experience... these are premium / expensive items for the fans who can afford to treat themselves to them. For the person who wished they were the one who caught the guitar at the first show they went to, it might make a great centerpiece to their KISS collection.

It's not really worth the money to me, but then again the $500 I paid for Ace to sign my Les Paul might not be worth it to someone else. Still, I can't hold back the smile whenever I see that guitar on the stand.

That makes it worth every penny.
BC Witch
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BC Witch »

stutterer wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:32 am Does breaking a neck joint count as smashing the whole guitar? Richie Blackmore at least took his sweet time with his fenders, those would be worth it.
I believe Ritchie switched his actual Strats for cheap copies to smash too. He would at least play them for part of the song though. There's a great interview with one of KISS's crew guys (the lighting tech I think) where he says he grew up listening to the Who and Hendrix who both destroyed actual Strats and Gibsons and he would cringe when Paul did it to his pre-sawn cheap guitars.
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

Made the joke that Gene could use his swords to blow fire at his grill then sell them used
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by metaldad »

If you were to spend a ridiculous amount of money on one of Paul’s guitars , why in the world would you buy a broken one ?
Lofton23rdSt

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Do his old guitars that were broken and thrown in the crowd get listed on Ebay?
KissJJM

Post by KissJJM »

LMAO! There's a sucker born every minute
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

Nellcote71 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:08 am Do you guys even realize these are prebroken before he supposedly breaks them in concert? :D
This is actually a good point. His guitars have been pre-broken almost since the beginnging, but in the past he used to actually hit the guitar against the ground several times before breaking it.
But for the last 10-12 years he just swings it in the air four times without touching the ground. They try to mask it with explosions, but it's clearly visible and looks silly. And on the last time when he actually hits, the guitar breaks the moment it touches the ground.
I understand that he's doing it in order not to further injure his shoulders, but I think that if you no longer can properly execute a certain element of the show - let go of it. Rerplace it with something cool.
Like Gene replaced his flying routine on the EOTR tour. The levitating platform actually looks cool and refreshing.
balish

Post by balish »

And some "fans" who stood in the photopit would grab them and sell them to fans for $500-$1,000.
So Paul decided to do it himself.
Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Velvis »

In the 80s they were off brand POS. Not saying a broken Ibanez is worth $2500 though.
Tito

Post by Tito »

balish wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:13 pm

And some "fans" who stood in the photopit would grab them and sell them to fans for $500-$1,000.
So Paul decided to do it himself.
I seem to recall there was an incident with a member of the audience getting injured that stopped him from tossing the pieces out.
Allamericanman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Allamericanman »

KingOfHearts89 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:02 am
kisshall2 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:23 am I bought mine two years ago from the Black Friday sale. At the time it (KISS Kruise VI) was my last KISS show. I thought the price was good for what it is.

There's 3, the third is people wanting it but can't justify spending the money especially in these hard times.
Which one is the "what the hell were you thinking" category? I fall into that one.
rsauye
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by rsauye »

There Are 260 For Sale. From 2008. Storage Cost Must Be More Than He's Going To Get For Them.
Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Velvis »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:43 am I smashed this guitar for you, [NAME (Optional)]

on [CONCERT DATE]

No, Paul.

You smashed it for $2500, not for [NAME (Optional)], and it's now not even a guitar - it's a couple of bits of wood.
Its not really different from any other collectible item. It's a keepsake from a KISS show. Too pricey for me, but I'd rather this than 99% percent of the crap they simply slap a logo on.
KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Allamericanman wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:49 am
KingOfHearts89 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:02 am

Which one is the "what the hell were you thinking" category? I fall into that one.
I think a mixture of all three, with a slight dollop of cold gin mixed in :D