Conversations with Phantoms Book Orders announced

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
carlos
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Conversations with Phantoms Book Orders announced

Post by carlos »

I just ordered the hardcover in Canada. $45 with "free" shipping. I've remembered your name from years ago, and have always been hoping this book would see the light of day. I'm not much of a KISS Kollector these days, (more of a reformed KISSaholic), but I'm sure this book will take me back to a great time in my youth. Despite being many years removed from the die-hard mentality, the majority of the KMTPOTP script is permanently embedded in my brain. I look forward to learning a substantial amount of otherwise useless information. (The rabid pre-teen fan in me is lapping this up!)

It's been quite a while since I've scheduled some "me" time. This project provides great incentive to take a few nights in the mid-fall and visit some old memories from a new, interesting perspective. I'll take the time to post my experience when it's all said and done. Thanks for making this available.
kisscorky
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by kisscorky »

I got the book and it is a major disappointment. It is 144 pages of large font. I is basically about a regular 40 page book. There is not anything written that most KISS fans don't already know. The main problem is a $32 plus shipping cost for something you can read in less than two hours. The author has done what many school students would due....write a five page paper and then make the font big, the margins big, large spacing between lines of text, and turn in a 20 page paper. I hope this was not a cash grab, but it appears it might be.

I have seen so many KISS projects made by fans, be good and many times better than what KISS puts out. This is one that should not have seen the light of day.
misterhand80
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by misterhand80 »

kisscorky wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:35 pm I got the book and it is a major disappointment. It is 144 pages of large font. I is basically about a regular 40 page book. There is not anything written that most KISS fans don't already know. The main problem is a $32 plus shipping cost for something you can read in less than two hours. The author has done what many school students would due....write a five page paper and then make the font big, the margins big, large spacing between lines of text, and turn in a 20 page paper. I hope this was not a cash grab, but it appears it might be.

I have seen so many KISS projects made by fans, be good and many times better than what KISS puts out. This is one that should not have seen the light of day.
Easy Catman, Are You Serious?
Nellcote71
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Nellcote71 »

kisscorky wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:35 pm I got the book and it is a major disappointment. It is 144 pages of large font. I is basically about a regular 40 page book. There is not anything written that most KISS fans don't already know. The main problem is a $32 plus shipping cost for something you can read in less than two hours. The author has done what many school students would due....write a five page paper and then make the font big, the margins big, large spacing between lines of text, and turn in a 20 page paper. I hope this was not a cash grab, but it appears it might be.

Thanks for the heads up
kisscorky
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by kisscorky »

Yes, serious, I don't write negative reviews or negative comments. This is just not a book. I don't want to see other KISS fans, especially the ones outside the U.S. who pay high postage and tax, to spend so much money on a product that is not good. The KISS Fanzines from back in the 80's and 90's had more uncovered content...and were maybe longer...and they were not books. The author should have put more work to make this a true book.
douloveme
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by douloveme »

What a shame...!