Most Magical KISS Memory

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
criss75
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Most Magical KISS Memory

Post by criss75 »

I live outside of Oslo and I remember trying to get a ticket for the show at Oslo Spektrum in december 1996. The phoneline was busy ALL THE TIME so I disn't stand a chance..
This was 4 or 5 months before the show. Couldn't get though. Never got to see the original 4...............
thegraveyardtramp
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by thegraveyardtramp »

My most magical KISS memory is not a single incident or event as such, but more just the overall memory of living through that six-month period leading up to the KISS Aussie tour of November 1980. It started even earlier than that of course, but pretty much from the release of UNMASKED to the completion of the tour it was full-on KISSteria down here. They were pretty much featured on the cover of every major newspaper and magazine in the country, not to mention all over TV news, current affairs, and music shows. Every week there was some new piece of KISS memorabilia showing up in the stores for you to spend your pocket money on.

From buying UNMASKED on the day it came out from the local supermarket record bar to sitting in the blazing hot sun for over 12 hours waiting for the boys to hit the stage at VFL Park, it was just one magical blur of excitement and anticipation. I was 15 and thought KISSteria would last forever. Within just a matter of weeks it was already a fading memory for most people....but not for me.
StrangestWay
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by StrangestWay »

southernkiss wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:08 pm
StrangestWay wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:15 pm #1 is:
First Kiss show, Creatures tour, Feb. 1983, Dubuque, Iowa. So special, totally magical to finally see them after being into them for about 5 years at that point. And the strange VV surprise of "who the hell is that with that weird makeup?"

runner up:
Meet and Greet, and performance in Burbank, CA, @ Foundations Forum in 1993 (all '70s set in a pretty small room; first time ever playing "Goin' Blind"). Told Gene something he didn't know about Kiss and got a great response from him (ie. a genuine laugh!)

so many more...like buying The Elder brand new, being shocked at how weird it was, but absolutely loving it, as I still do.
What did you tell Gene that he did not know?
We weren't rushed through the line, so I thought I'd try asking him a few questions. The Melvins cover of "Goin' Blind" had just come out and I asked him what he thought of it. He said he liked it and thought Melvins were cool. Then I said "what did you think of 'Love Thing,' on their first album?" He goes "What is that?" I said, "it's their version of 'Love Theme From Kiss'" Gene goes "Hmm...I didn't know they did that one. Did they get permission?" I said "I doubt it. You better call your lawyers." He loved that, we had a laugh, he signed my item, and that was it.
scotty971
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty971 »

This is a great topic! I really enjoy seeing everyone’s responses. For me there are so many. I was very fortunate to see the second to last show of Eric Carr in Hershey, PA. I also got to see the opening night of the Revenge Tour in Bethlehem, PA. Nothing tops seeing the 4th night at MSG in 1996 though. I waited 17 years for that day. It was pure magic to see the original 4 back together in their hometown.
southernkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by southernkiss »

ace_frehley wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:00 pm That's an awesome story! :D
My most magical Kiss memory had to be the first time I saw Kiss, which was last month (I made a thread of more details about it), but other than that, I remember the first time I started listening to Kiss. I remember my dad bought me the first Kissology. At that time, I first started getting into Kiss, just listening to their music, not seeing much of them. Once I put in the dvd, I was glued to the TV, I couldn't get my eyes off how hypnotizing it was to see them play. To see how cool they looked. It blew my mind. Not only did their music sound awesome, but they looked awesome too!

I was most hypnotized from Ace, seeing how he played. Ace has always been my favorite :D . My dad plays guitar and was a fan of Ace as a kid too! He even dressed like Ace for Halloween, he made his own costume and everything! He now owns a Ace Frehley Budokan Les Paul.
Although when I started getting older, I started getting more into Kiss then I ever have. I would say right now, is the most I have ever been into Kiss. I started learning things about them that I never knew.

I remember going to see the Kiss Mini Golf opening as a kid and realising how cool it was to see Mr. Speed (the tribute band), considering it was the closest I could get to seeing Kiss at the time. I remember seeing how cool it was. I was just imagining it was them. That day was the day I bought my first Kiss shirt. That was just the start of my Kiss collection. I still have that shirt too! :lol: . Ever since, I have been collecting Kiss stuff so much, to the point where I have no room on my walls for any more Kiss posters. Its to the point where I have Kiss posters on my ceiling.
I still have my first KISS shirt, too. It features the four solo paintings. I wore it the night I first saw KISS at age eleven. My dad brought it for me to wear for the surprise KISS show. It was way too big for me at the time, but the size is not what mattered!
ace_frehley
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ace_frehley »

southernkiss wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:39 pm
ace_frehley wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:00 pm That's an awesome story! :D
My most magical Kiss memory had to be the first time I saw Kiss, which was last month (I made a thread of more details about it), but other than that, I remember the first time I started listening to Kiss. I remember my dad bought me the first Kissology. At that time, I first started getting into Kiss, just listening to their music, not seeing much of them. Once I put in the dvd, I was glued to the TV, I couldn't get my eyes off how hypnotizing it was to see them play. To see how cool they looked. It blew my mind. Not only did their music sound awesome, but they looked awesome too!

I was most hypnotized from Ace, seeing how he played. Ace has always been my favorite :D . My dad plays guitar and was a fan of Ace as a kid too! He even dressed like Ace for Halloween, he made his own costume and everything! He now owns a Ace Frehley Budokan Les Paul.
Although when I started getting older, I started getting more into Kiss then I ever have. I would say right now, is the most I have ever been into Kiss. I started learning things about them that I never knew.

I remember going to see the Kiss Mini Golf opening as a kid and realising how cool it was to see Mr. Speed (the tribute band), considering it was the closest I could get to seeing Kiss at the time. I remember seeing how cool it was. I was just imagining it was them. That day was the day I bought my first Kiss shirt. That was just the start of my Kiss collection. I still have that shirt too! :lol: . Ever since, I have been collecting Kiss stuff so much, to the point where I have no room on my walls for any more Kiss posters. Its to the point where I have Kiss posters on my ceiling.
I still have my first KISS shirt, too. It features the four solo paintings. I wore it the night I first saw KISS at age eleven. My dad brought it for me to wear for the surprise KISS show. It was way too big for me at the time, but the size is not what mattered!
Oh man! :D That was a really awesome that your dad did that haha! My dad also bought me my first Kiss shirt, although mine was just a plain black shirt with "Kiss" studded as the logo, and below it had a song list that Mr. Speed played as a tribute the day it opened. That shirt is somewhat black now :lol: , and a couple studs came off of the "Kiss" logo, but I keep it up on my wall for memories, plus its too small to fit me anymore sadly :lol:
AliveIIside4
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AliveIIside4 »

Tommyr wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:06 pm My first Kiss show, March 21st 1975 Beacon theater NYC! 7:30 show. I can still smell the smoke and feel the flash pots!
Would love the hear a review of that show.
Tommyr
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Tommyr »

AliveIIside4 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:49 pm
Tommyr wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:06 pm My first Kiss show, March 21st 1975 Beacon theater NYC! 7:30 show. I can still smell the smoke and feel the flash pots!
I thought I read a review somewhere in the past about it. The show was awesome of course! We were among the first to hear a few Dressed to kill songs. Jo Jo Gunne warmed up and were also very good. I saw them again in October that year at the Capitol theater in Jersey city. Savory Brown opened.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

Tommyr wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:14 pm
I thought I read a review somewhere in the past about it. The show was awesome of course! We were among the first to hear a few Dressed to kill songs. Jo Jo Gunne warmed up and were also very good. I saw them again in October that year at the Capitol theater in Jersey city. Savory Brown opened.
Did you not already have the album? I thought that it was released on March 19.
Tommyr

Post by Tommyr »

southernkiss wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:18 pm
Tommyr wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:14 pm
Did you not already have the album? I thought that it was released on March 19.
I meant hearing them live.
StudioMogul
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by StudioMogul »

sugardaddy wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:55 pm FB_IMG_1525961955893.jpg
My old buddy, Eric Crimmons!
Rick7301
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rick7301 »

Hard to pick from the first time seeing them live or the first time meeting them. Both affected and infected me.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

Rick7301 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:14 pm Hard to pick from the first time seeing them live or the first time meeting them. Both affected and infected me.
It is time to call out Dr. Love!
Kissologist
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Kissologist »

Watching the original four during the reunion tour :)
Rick7301
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rick7301 »

Kissologist wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:24 am Watching the original four during the reunion tour :)
Yes that was definitely a magical moment....First night of MSG. There was electricity in the air....There was really nothing like it...the crowd was insane..
Kisstanbul
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kisstanbul »

warmachine731 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:46 am I'd have to say my first show, 12.29.1996 at Nassau Coliseum.
I was supposed to be at that show but missed my ride. Glad you enjoyed it though.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Kisstanbul wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:13 pm
warmachine731 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:46 am I'd have to say my first show, 12.29.1996 at Nassau Coliseum.
I was supposed to be at that show but missed my ride. Glad you enjoyed it though.
Kills me to hear it man.
Vatreni
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Vatreni »

The whole period from about July to December, 1980, in Australia.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

Rick7301 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm
Kissologist wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:24 am Watching the original four during the reunion tour :)
Yes that was definitely a magical moment....First night of MSG. There was electricity in the air....There was really nothing like it...the crowd was insane..
Donald Trump was at that show. I know a fan who went to that show and happened to have a seat right next to Trump. He probably had no idea he was sitting next to a future President. I have a VHS bootleg of the show. The crowd was very energetic! I wish I could have seen KISS at MSG!
mot$$33
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mot$$33 »

It seems so simple, but there was a drug store near my house that sold albums when I was a very young kid. I discovered Alive in the bins and just kept looking at it. In fact, probably for the better part of a year, I would go there just to check out albums and could not stop looking at Alive. I was too young to buy it, but that planted the seed. To me, it is a perfect cover.
Kisstanbul
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kisstanbul »

warmachine731 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:18 pm
Kisstanbul wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:13 pm
Kills me to hear it man.
Thanks
Tito

Post by Tito »

criss75 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:45 am I live outside of Oslo and I remember trying to get a ticket for the show at Oslo Spektrum in december 1996. The phoneline was busy ALL THE TIME so I disn't stand a chance..
This was 4 or 5 months before the show. Couldn't get though. Never got to see the original 4...............
That's your most magical KISS memory? :scratch: :wink:
KF73
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KF73 »

I have a top 3:

1. Curtain drop at MSG on 07/25/96 to reveal the originals live for me the first time (23 years old)
2. Rising behind the stage in New Haven on 11/24/84, the first time I saw them live. (11 years old)
3. First time being made aware of the band and mesmerized when my neighbor showed me the cover of Destroyer (4 years old)
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

KF73 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:43 am I have a top 3:

1. Curtain drop at MSG on 07/25/96 to reveal the originals live for me the first time (23 years old)
2. Rising behind the stage in New Haven on 11/24/84, the first time I saw them live. (11 years old)
3. First time being made aware of the band and mesmerized when my neighbor showed me the cover of Destroyer (4 years old)
I was also eleven when I first saw KISS. The tender and naive age makes it all the more magical! :)
KF73
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KF73 »

Rick7301 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm Yes that was definitely a magical moment....First night of MSG. There was electricity in the air....There was really nothing like it...the crowd was insane..
We did all four nights at MSG on the reunion. Originally we bought just for night #1 then a buddy had an extra ticket for night # 2. Which turned into #3 which turned into might as well do night #4. For that four night run I would rank the shows best to worst #1, #3, #2, #4. In fact, night #3 performance wise was best. A magical four nights!
Rick7301
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rick7301 »

KF73 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:12 am
Rick7301 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm Yes that was definitely a magical moment....First night of MSG. There was electricity in the air....There was really nothing like it...the crowd was insane..
We did all four nights at MSG on the reunion. Originally we bought just for night #1 then a buddy had an extra ticket for night # 2. Which turned into #3 which turned into might as well do night #4. For that four night run I would rank the shows best to worst #1, #3, #2, #4. In fact, night #3 performance wise was best. A magical four nights!
I was at all 4 also... I pretty much agree w your assessment. It was a glorious 4 days! Emotions were running high on that 1st night though...
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

southernkiss wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:50 pm I know we FAQers got into KISS at different ages and eras, but we all have many magical KISS memories. Would anyone like to share their number one KISS memory?

My number one KISS memory is of the very first time I saw KISS live when I was in the sixth grade.

When I was in fourth grade, I started to become fascinated with KISS and started listening to them. They very quickly became my favorite band. It would not be until sixth grade that I experienced my favorite KISS memory.

In sixth grade, my dad would drop me off at school on his way to work. When school was over, my grandmother would pick me up. In sixth grade, after school let out one day, I went outside the building and expected, as usual, to get picked up by my grandmother. My plans for the afternoon were to go home and rock out to KISS (as I did everyday after school).

However, I saw a car outside the building that looked like my dad's car. I walked up to the car and sure enough, it was my dad's car. I got in the car and saw a little overnight bag inside. I asked my dad why he was picking me up from school. He told me that he just thought it would be a good day to take off from work early and pick me up from school.

When we drove off of the school parking lot, we got on the interstate and started traveling in the opposite direction of where we lived. It was very apparent to me that we were not going home. I finally asked my dad to tell me where we were really going.

He told me that on the car's floorboard, there was an envelope with my name on it. He told me that if I opened up the envelope, I would know where we were going. I reached down and opened up the envelope. Inside the envelope were two KISS tickets!!! I was so happy and excited to get the tickets that I burst into tears! I am getting teary eyed just typing this story up!

We drove to a city about two hours away and experienced our first KISS show! For an eleven year old, it does not get any more exciting than that! In my KISS room, I have the framed ticket stubs with three pieces of confetti from the show!

What is your favorite memory of KISS fandom?
My dad told me he had ordered the tickets a few weeks before the show. I asked him why he never told me he had ordered the tickets. He told me that he was concerned that if he told me, I would be so excited that I would not be able to concentrate in school. Getting those tickets was one of the two biggest surprises of my life! The only other surprise that equaled that was when my sister told me she was pregnant with twins!
spacekace
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by spacekace »

Paul Lynde Halloween Special
July ‘77 Love Gun concert
Juern
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Juern »

I've become a fan in 1980. My most magical moment was when my brother told me KISS would appear on german tv. It was october, 11th, 1982, I was 12 years old and had never seen them before (except for pictures in magazines, of course). I didn't believe my brother was telling the truth. Watching "Vorsicht Musik" that evening was the most magical moment of my life as a fan. When the cameras turned on them, I became awestruck.

Fast forward to 1996: I became a kid again when I finally saw them play live for the first time in my life on december, 12 in Oberhausen. Original line up, my 28 year old me sporting Genes make-up (the only one I was able to apply on my own) on my face, and almost as happy as I was 14 years earlier. A lot of bad circumstances had been keeping me from seeing them earlier.
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

I'd seen the non-makeup Kiss half a dozen times in the 80s and early 90s, but probably Donington '96 seeing them in their full glory for the first time and wishing the baby me who had got into them in early '78 could have been there with me to see it.

Is that something in my eye?
cgtrman
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cgtrman »

Seeing KISS as a teenager on the Alive 2 tour which I had front row by Gene (see my avitar pic). To see them come down from the Love Gun stage platforms was pure magic!
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Tbond »

I've seen them dozens of times, first show was Dynasty, lived through the magic of the 70's, etc.

But, I have to say, the most magical moment was watching the Grammys show in 96 when the original lineup walked out onstage.

Followed closely by MTV Unplugged---ESPECIALLY "Beth".

With 3rd being the reunion show in St. Louis, 1996.
SpaceaceRyan
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by SpaceaceRyan »

The doctor
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The doctor »

This thread reminded me of my brother and cousins as kids. Back in the '70s, my parents had a dinner party, so being kids we went to the rumpus room and decided to be KISS. We used my mum's lipstick and mascara to paint our faces. We made my cousin's little sister flick the light switch on and off to replicate the KISS stage show lighting as we sang and pranced about like idiots.

Rocking out to KISS? HELL YEAH!

I used a John Newcombe racquet as a guitar :lol:

oh, and we got into trouble for wrecking my mum's makeup :(
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

The doctor wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:19 am This thread reminded me of my brother and cousins as kids. Back in the '70s, my parents had a dinner party, so being kids we went to the rumpus room and decided to be KISS. We used my mum's lipstick and mascara to paint our faces. We made my cousin's little sister flick the light switch on and off to replicate the KISS stage show lighting as we sang and pranced about like idiots.

Rocking out to KISS? HELL YEAH!

I used a John Newcombe racquet as a guitar :lol:

oh, and we got into trouble for wrecking my mum's makeup :(
On my last day of fourth grade, I decided to celebrate with KISS. I took the stereo outside onto the back deck, turned the volume and bass all the way up, and rocked out to KISS. After a few songs, my mom realized what I was doing. She told me I had to turn the volume down because it might bother the neighbors! :lol:
tonybny
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tonybny »

1. Reunion Tour, 2nd night at Madison Square Garden. Friday night. The lights go down, they inflate the 50-ft-tall KISS blowups in back of the stage. My first time seeing them in makeup after 10 years of worshiping them. Everyone in the arena from the front row to the luxury boxes far away from the stage was standing the entire concert, singing along to every note. I'll never forget that image. It was 1977 again.
2. Meeting Eric Carr in a club on Long Island in 1989. Standing right next to him at the bar, chatting. Calling Dr. Love starts playing over the PA. In total fanboy mode, I ask Eric if I can buy him a shot of booze. He politely declined but we talked for a few more minutes before I left him alone.
3. Seeing KISS Meets the Phantom in 1978. Not having a VCR yet and missing the Paul Lynde show and only having the albums to listen to, it was so thrilling to see and hear my idols talk onscreen for the first time.
Tito

Post by Tito »

tonybny wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:48 am 2. Meeting Eric Carr in a club on Long Island in 1989. Standing right next to him at the bar, chatting. Calling Dr. Love starts playing over the PA. In total fanboy mode, I ask Eric if I can buy him a shot of booze. He politely declined but we talked for a few more minutes before I left him alone.
Awesome. :salut:
Choose_One
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Choose_One »

Unplugged for me, having championed them through the dark years (91-95), it was a kind of vindication, that they did write some great songs, and can play. It was the end of the Unmasked era, but considering 90% of the set was the old 70's stuff, + the return of Ace & Peter, it seemed the logical step to reunite.
ssircretep
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by ssircretep »

Watching KISS Animalize Live Uncensored on MTV for the first time.
Recorded on VHS and cassette and listened to it for years. Still one of my favorite KISS concerts to this day.
Four-Who-Are-One
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Four-Who-Are-One »

Missing out on KISS for the first time as an 11yo.

They were playing an hour and a half's bus drive from my hometown and I was too young to go. The fact some of my classmates went gave it even more of a "Land of Oz" allure.

(As it transpired I didn't see them live for another 15 years!)
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

I have great memories of meeting fans at the conventions that I have been to. There is nothing like hanging out with a bunch of other crazy KISS fans!
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

southernkiss wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:50 pm I know we FAQers got into KISS at different ages and eras, but we all have many magical KISS memories. Would anyone like to share their number one KISS memory?

My number one KISS memory is of the very first time I saw KISS live when I was in the sixth grade.

When I was in fourth grade, I started to become fascinated with KISS and started listening to them. They very quickly became my favorite band. It would not be until sixth grade that I experienced my favorite KISS memory.

In sixth grade, my dad would drop me off at school on his way to work. When school was over, my grandmother would pick me up. In sixth grade, after school let out one day, I went outside the building and expected, as usual, to get picked up by my grandmother. My plans for the afternoon were to go home and rock out to KISS (as I did everyday after school).

However, I saw a car outside the building that looked like my dad's car. I walked up to the car and sure enough, it was my dad's car. I got in the car and saw a little overnight bag inside. I asked my dad why he was picking me up from school. He told me that he just thought it would be a good day to take off from work early and pick me up from school.

When we drove off of the school parking lot, we got on the interstate and started traveling in the opposite direction of where we lived. It was very apparent to me that we were not going home. I finally asked my dad to tell me where we were really going.

He told me that on the car's floorboard, there was an envelope with my name on it. He told me that if I opened up the envelope, I would know where we were going. I reached down and opened up the envelope. Inside the envelope were two KISS tickets!!! I was so happy and excited to get the tickets that I burst into tears! I am getting teary eyed just typing this story up!

We drove to a city about two hours away and experienced our first KISS show! For an eleven year old, it does not get any more exciting than that! In my KISS room, I have the framed ticket stubs with three pieces of confetti from the show!

What is your favorite memory of KISS fandom?
We also got a program after the show. It is also in my KISS room. Everything about that night was pure magic!
41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

There are a few. The 1996 Reunion show in Miami. The 1992 show at the Ritz. The Siriusxm town hall two years ago where I had my picture taken with the band. Msg in 2009 with my son. The monster mini golf course. The expos in New Jersey. Six shows on the farewell tour.

Sound check at msg in 1985. I used to work there. Met Eric Carr and yelled for them to play Love Gun and they did
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

Meeting Bruce at a convention was really cool. He was so humble and down to Earth! He did not seem like a washed up rock star!
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

So many, but probably seeing them live in 1996 in Landover, MD during the Reunion Tour.

Meeting Paul in makeup while getting a played purple cracked mirror guitar on KISS Kruise VIII and being the first to see his new EOTR costume was magical.

Meeting Gene in makeup on KK IX and receiving a played Spector Bass was another magical memory. Having him say “people would kill you for this...this is a big deal”...and Gene saying that “Hot for Teacher” was made for my lady (a college professor) was quite surreal and magical.
Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

Watching them on Paul Lynde

KMTPOTP

Tiger Stadium
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

Crown Royal wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:51 pm KMTPOTP
Did you like the film when you saw it, or was it just the anticipation that made it magical?

I was going to watch it on the big screen at the podcast convention here in Nashville. However, it was canceled because of COVID. Oh, well! Maybe next year!
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

It has to be my dad taking me to see them at MSG in '79. Nothing can come close to that.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

In the Suds wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:18 pm It has to be my dad taking me to see them at MSG in '79. Nothing can come close to that.
I have so many magical KISS memories that I experienced with my dad! I so appreciate how much my parents tolerated my KISS obsession!
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

southernkiss wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:22 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:18 pm It has to be my dad taking me to see them at MSG in '79. Nothing can come close to that.
I have so many magical KISS memories that I experienced with my dad! I so appreciate how much my parents tolerated my KISS obsession!
Yeah me too. Another great one is Christmas '77 when I got Alive II and the look on my mom's face looking at the Gene picture. She could barely stand it! But she still bought the record for me. And then another time I was home sick with bronchitis and she bought me the Robert Duncan book (and a Wings album)