Ace confirms Bob Ezrin broke up the band

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Ace confirms Bob Ezrin broke up the band

Post by TheSpoiler »

Bruce wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:52 am
Alright, so I'm curious, now: how much of Ezrin, if any at all, is in Revenge? Because it sounds very much like the band and the way you might expect for them to play. And yes I know about Wagner playing the solo on Every Time I Look at You!
Ezrin, if anything, softened the sound on Revenge. For evidence, just listen to the demos. Much harder edged sound, bass and drums higher in the mix. Erzin's influence is very much there on the finished product, but I prefer the demos by a country mile.

Listen - this outguns the finished version IMHO - Gene's bass (or is it Bruce?) absolutely pumping, Eric's drums sounding sharper, guitars with more teeth etc.

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTyCy-6buIY

Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Bruce »

I see what you mean about the rythm section! Very interesting how Ezrin mixed it in the final version. I understand why he did that. His approach is very clean. But Revenge would have benefitted from a more aggressive attack, for sure.

gene therapist
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by gene therapist »

Tito wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:00 am
Even something as simple as "Do You Love Me", the drum intro alone sounds markedly different in feel from the way it's played on the album.
Didn't Ezrin (also) come up with the drum beat for DRC? It just works so wonderfully.

Tito

Post by Tito »

gene therapist wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:39 am
Tito wrote:
Even something as simple as "Do You Love Me", the drum intro alone sounds markedly different in feel from the way it's played on the album.
Didn't Ezrin (also) come up with the drum beat for DRC? It just works so wonderfully.
Inasmuch as it would seem to be based on "Acrobat", I'd say no.

gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

Tito wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:30 am
gene therapist wrote:
Tito wrote:
OK. I just remember reading about it. I may be confusing it with Ezrin banging a cardboard box to help Peter's timing.

aceeg
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by aceeg »

The Fox wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:31 am
Tito wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:16 am
elleneff wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:05 am
Now . I’ll say. I like Destroyer for what it is . But an album by Kiss it’s not. It’s Ezrin presents Kiss.
Iv maintained I don’t personally believe the band played much if at all on the finished Album.
They may have demoed. They may have laid down scratch parts.
But the end result sounds like:
Bass: Bob Ezrin and Prakash John. ( genes heavy picking style is very distinctive. Most of the bass here sounds fingered)
Rythem:some Paul. Mostly Steve hunter and Dick Wagner
Drums: some Criss. Mostly Allen Schwartzberg
Lead: ace copying or laying over Wagner/hunter/Ezrin written played parts.

But yes. After this time, Bob should come clean as to what’s on that record. He must have had some contractual ownership as Resurrected gave him carte Blanche to redo it.
It is true and has always felt weird to me how different the actual musicianship (versus just the sound of the album) sounds like from the few albums immediately before and after.

Just listen to the drums on "Sweet Pain". Peter never, ever played anything remotely like that on any other album or any live recordings or footage.

I've always felt there's something more off to this album than we've been told. Ace and that one solo may have been the scapegoat for a lot more that went down.
There was a fairly recent interview with Eddie Trunk where Ezrin swore that Peter played drums on all of Destroyer. Couldn't find it with a quick YouTube search but I listened to it a few years ago.

I'm in complete agreement with you on this. Pete sounded like a complete mess of a drummer on Dressed to Kill then out of nowhere was sounding like a monster drummer on Destroyer? I don't buy it. I wouldn't be surprised if Destroyer was similar to Dynasty and Psycho Circus where Pete's drum playing was on the record but was very limited.
DTK had some of Pete’s best drumming wtf?

aceeg
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by aceeg »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:03 am
Bruce wrote:
Alright, so I'm curious, now: how much of Ezrin, if any at all, is in Revenge? Because it sounds very much like the band and the way you might expect for them to play. And yes I know about Wagner playing the solo on Every Time I Look at You!
Ezrin, if anything, softened the sound on Revenge. For evidence, just listen to the demos. Much harder edged sound, bass and drums higher in the mix. Erzin's influence is very much there on the finished product, but I prefer the demos by a country mile.

Listen - this outguns the finished version IMHO - Gene's bass (or is it Bruce?) absolutely pumping, Eric's drums sounding sharper, guitars with more teeth etc.

Sounds like Dokken

caligari

Post by caligari »

Tito wrote:
elleneff wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:44 am
Then you listen to Destroyer album and then the early destroyer shows. Its like two different completely bands playing those songs.
The Fox wrote:
Pete sounded like a complete mess of a drummer on Dressed to Kill then out of nowhere was sounding like a monster drummer on Destroyer?

I think the most telling indeed is all the footage and recordings from the Destroyer tour itself. Even something as simple as "Do You Love Me", the drum intro alone sounds markedly different in feel from the way it's played on the album.
Has anyone else ever noticed that when KISS played “do you love me” live on the destroyer and rock ‘n’ roll over tours they neglect a musical buildup/accent that happens between the lines “your backstage pass and black sunglasses make you look just like a queen” • build up build up • “even the fans they know your face from all of the magazines”…
They never played this correctly until they went back and re-learned it for the reunion tour in 1996.
During the 70s they would just plow through that accent part.

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Tito wrote:
Just listen to the drums on "Sweet Pain". Peter never, ever played anything remotely like that on any other album or any live recordings or footage.
Same with DRC. Peter never, ever, played the beat in concert like the record. It was always a simplified version, and much looser too. Carr came close, but with the double kick which obviously changed the feel.

DRC has often struck me as being a song where you're not listening to the original band. We'll probably never know.

Thunderous_Lay

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:24 am
Same with DRC. Peter never, ever, played the beat in concert like the record. It was always a simplified version, and much looser too. Carr came close, but with the double kick which obviously changed the feel.

DRC has often struck me as being a song where you're not listening to the original band. We'll probably never know.
One could say the same about Gene.

In the video below, you can see David Ellefson of Megadeth replicating the original bassline effortlessly, but Gene always dumbed it down, live, omitting a note or two...

@02m17s

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEUh0qujVj4

I've also never seen or heard Ace playing the flamenco-laden guitar section without mucking it up.

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Thunderous_Lay wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:32 am
TheSpoiler wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:24 am

One could say the same about Gene.

In the video below, you can see David Ellefson of Megadeth replicating the original bassline effortlessly, but Gene always dumbed it down, live, omitting a note or two...

@02m17s

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEUh0qujVj4

I've also never seen or heard Ace playing the flamenco-laden guitar section without mucking it up.
Yes, very much so. I suppose there's an argument which says that things could be simplified in concert, they were running around etc (aside from Pete, obviously) - but that drum track - compare it with *any* live Peter Criss version and it sounds like a completely different musician. Peter was simply never that tight. Ever.

Thunderous_Lay

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:42 am
* snip *
Allow me to put it this way, then....

I don't believe Gene came up with the bass line for DRC, let alone played on the studio version.

By Ace's own admission, Ezrin was the one who came up with the flamenco section and supposedly taught it to them.

As to the drums, Aucoin confirmed that Allan Schwartzberg played on the record, albeit only on one track.

Supposedly.

:wink:

ManOf1000Faces
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by ManOf1000Faces »

Pink Floyd ceased being a band after The Wall. The choice seems to be, make an album for the ages, or maybe go gold with all original members playing.

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

jkiss wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:37 pm
Forty Deuce wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:40 am
jkiss wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:59 pm
Forty Deuce wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 pm
I wish they stayed with Ezrin. Their output would be far better. I couldn't care less about the odd studio musician here and there. KISS was still doing that even after Ezrin, so what's the difference?
I think the difference was Bill & Bob took any real control away from them, during the process; including Paul & Gene. They all felt the sting of it ...I'm guessing it bothered Gene the least; however, Ace, Peter & Paul weren't very pleased on how it all went down (in the studio). And then Bill went ahead & designed + erected the entire "Destroyer" stage show without their input. Between that + Ezrin (also "Beth" - aside from Peter) ...they were all really unhappy with Bill. Although, little they could actually do about it; other than complain & make it crystal clear as possible.

:scratch:
I say good when it comes to Bob anyway. There are plenty of examples of KISS garbage when Paul and Gene were in control. I have no doubt in my mind that if Ezrin produced all their albums from Destroyer on, their musical output and legacy would be FAR better.
At the time "Destroyer" came-out ...I thought it was the best rock album I ever heard. I only had "ALIVE!" & hadn't got a hold of any other KISS album yet. I thought they miraculously 'improved' musically. And I thought it sounded just as good as "Billion Dollar Babies" by Alice Cooper ('the group') & not that I was properly aware of the fact that Bob Ezrin also produced it (& previous AC albums of which I thought were all really good, too). That was a detail I didn't really care about (was too young to care about that level of detail - very early teens) initially.

However, before long I started to hear from several other KISS fans that they thought Bob used Alice Cooper's new solo group on "Destroyer". And basically, replaced KISS on their own record ...also there was a then more recent book out on the Alice Cooper group chronicling the "Muscle of Love" era written by a press reporter (Bob Greene). The author exposed Bob Ezrin as to using studio musicians on those albums & the AC band was not happy with Bob Ezrin's methods, etc.

Anyway, after the dust settled Alice Cooper reemerged as a solo artist (circa 1975); as opposed to the original group. Shep Gordon & Vince took the "Alice Cooper" name for themselves (with Bob being a beneficiary as Producer) & also ditching the original members of the group, in the process. And fine by their record company Warner Bros. All that pissed-off most fans of the Alice Cooper band of course. Plus, many of those same fans had also since become KISS fans. A good number of KISS fans (that became 'former KISS fans') I first encountered were also originally Alice Cooper ('the group') fans & unhappy with Alice Cooper ('solo') transition. They knew all about Bob Ezrin & what the problems likely all were with him.

They blamed Bob in part for ruining & breaking-up the original group. And were now blaming Bob for making a KISS record that was a fraud, basically. I was fast-tracked about it from them, but didn't really care & also that was too advanced or complex for me to think overly much about. Plus, I just figured whatever Bob Ezrin works on is just going to sound way better & because he's that good of a producer. And those fans were simply a bunch of immature nerds (& they were, but I believe were more or less right ...only in hindsight or to say long after the fact).

So when "Rock & Roll Over" came-out & it once again sounded they had strangely reverted back to their previous overall sound (as like heard on the first three studio records) I was really puzzled. I had the first three KISS albums by then & did really love those ones as well, but I was actually 'expecting' a record that would be like "Destroyer" (Part II). And so for years, I thought it would've been a better choice to have kept working with Bob Ezrin. Simply put, I never wanted to accept Bob used studio musicians in any capacity on "Destroyer" (aside from orchestration, etc); although, in the '80's there would be confirmation of it on "Sweet Pain". And if one listens closely to the Alice Cooper albums circa 1975-1977 ...I believe you can hear several of those very same musicians on "Destroyer" (as like with guitarist Dick Wagner). Plus yes, I too am musically trained & can play various instruments (& well enough).

Anyhow, we all have evidence of this to some degree or another as fans. And what I want now ...is a confession from Bob about what was done 'exactly' on "Destroyer". I actually expect one, eventually. He cannot lie about this any longer ...fucking ridiculous. I do not want to wait until Bob dies & his producer contract with KISS is void ...only left to hear Paul's comments about what he really did. It’s time to celebrate the album for what it truly is & give us all the most accurate technical details on it. And Bob himself truthfully describe & detail exactly everything done; a wonderful illusion that needs be properly dissected & before he's gone. Bob (& Bill) fooled fans & now let the cat out of the bag as to precisely how so.

:?:
You have got to be kidding. This post is fucking ridiculous and one of the dumbest posts ever on here. Bob had not "done" anything, beyond try to make the best album possible. TONS of producers have done the same exact thing when it comes to studio musicians.

You make it sound like Ezrin touched KISS inappropriately. Consider this - Ezrin is the only producer that Paul has respected and is willing to listen to. When it comes to any other producer, Paul has felt that he knows best because of his ego.

Confession from Bob. LOL.

jkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jkiss »

Forty Deuce wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:41 am
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
I wish they stayed with Ezrin. Their output would be far better. I couldn't care less about the odd studio musician here and there. KISS was still doing that even after Ezrin, so what's the difference?
I think the difference was Bill & Bob took any real control away from them, during the process; including Paul & Gene. They all felt the sting of it ...I'm guessing it bothered Gene the least; however, Ace, Peter & Paul weren't very pleased on how it all went down (in the studio). And then Bill went ahead & designed + erected the entire "Destroyer" stage show without their input. Between that + Ezrin (also "Beth" - aside from Peter) ...they were all really unhappy with Bill. Although, little they could actually do about it; other than complain & make it crystal clear as possible.

I say good when it comes to Bob anyway. There are plenty of examples of KISS garbage when Paul and Gene were in control. I have no doubt in my mind that if Ezrin produced all their albums from Destroyer on, their musical output and legacy would be FAR better.
At the time "Destroyer" came-out ...I thought it was the best rock album I ever heard. I only had "ALIVE!" & hadn't got a hold of any other KISS album yet. I thought they miraculously 'improved' musically. And I thought it sounded just as good as "Billion Dollar Babies" by Alice Cooper ('the group') & not that I was properly aware of the fact that Bob Ezrin also produced it (& previous AC albums of which I thought were all really good, too). That was a detail I didn't really care about (was too young to care about that level of detail - very early teens) initially.

However, before long I started to hear from several other KISS fans that they thought Bob used Alice Cooper's new solo group on "Destroyer". And basically, replaced KISS on their own record ...also there was a then more recent book out on the Alice Cooper group chronicling the "Muscle of Love" era written by a press reporter (Bob Greene). The author exposed Bob Ezrin as to using studio musicians on those albums & the AC band was not happy with Bob Ezrin's methods, etc.

Anyway, after the dust settled Alice Cooper reemerged as a solo artist (circa 1975); as opposed to the original group. Shep Gordon & Vince took the "Alice Cooper" name for themselves (with Bob being a beneficiary as Producer) & also ditching the original members of the group, in the process. And fine by their record company Warner Bros. All that pissed-off most fans of the Alice Cooper band of course. Plus, many of those same fans had also since become KISS fans. A good number of KISS fans (that became 'former KISS fans') I first encountered were also originally Alice Cooper ('the group') fans & unhappy with Alice Cooper ('solo') transition. They knew all about Bob Ezrin & what the problems likely all were with him.

They blamed Bob in part for ruining & breaking-up the original group. And were now blaming Bob for making a KISS record that was a fraud, basically. I was fast-tracked about it from them, but didn't really care & also that was too advanced or complex for me to think overly much about. Plus, I just figured whatever Bob Ezrin works on is just going to sound way better & because he's that good of a producer. And those fans were simply a bunch of immature nerds (& they were, but I believe were more or less right ...only in hindsight or to say long after the fact).

So when "Rock & Roll Over" came-out & it once again sounded they had strangely reverted back to their previous overall sound (as like heard on the first three studio records) I was really puzzled. I had the first three KISS albums by then & did really love those ones as well, but I was actually 'expecting' a record that would be like "Destroyer" (Part II). And so for years, I thought it would've been a better choice to have kept working with Bob Ezrin. Simply put, I never wanted to accept Bob used studio musicians in any capacity on "Destroyer" (aside from orchestration, etc); although, in the '80's there would be confirmation of it on "Sweet Pain". And if one listens closely to the Alice Cooper albums circa 1975-1977 ...I believe you can hear several of those very same musicians on "Destroyer" (as like with guitarist Dick Wagner). Plus yes, I too am musically trained & can play various instruments (& well enough).

Anyhow, we all have evidence of this to some degree or another as fans. And what I want now ...is a confession from Bob about what was done 'exactly' on "Destroyer". I actually expect one, eventually. He cannot lie about this any longer ...fucking ridiculous. I do not want to wait until Bob dies & his producer contract with KISS is void ...only left to hear Paul's comments about what he really did. It’s time to celebrate the album for what it truly is & give us all the most accurate technical details on it. And Bob himself truthfully describe & detail exactly everything done; a wonderful illusion that needs be properly dissected & before he's gone. Bob (& Bill) fooled fans & now let the cat out of the bag as to precisely how so.

You have got to be kidding. This post is fucking ridiculous and one of the dumbest posts ever on here. Bob had not "done" anything, beyond try to make the best album possible. TONS of producers have done the same exact thing when it comes to studio musicians.

You make it sound like Ezrin touched KISS inappropriately. Consider this - Ezrin is the only producer that Paul has respected and is willing to listen to. When it comes to any other producer, Paul has felt that he knows best because of his ego.

Give it a break & go find something else to lend your 'expertise' to ...maybe junk cars or something.

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

jkiss wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:47 am
Forty Deuce wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:41 am
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:

Give it a break & go find something else to lend you 'expertise' to ...maybe junk cars or something.

I am not a car guy.

Ezrin did nothing wrong and doesn't have to confess anything. His goal was the make the best album possible and guess what? Destroyer is considered their best studio album. Mission accomplished.

KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

Bob Ezrin put the idea in Paul and Gene's heads that they don't have to use other members in the band when it comes to the studio.

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

KissCannibal wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:41 am
Bob Ezrin put the idea in Paul and Gene's heads that they don't have to use other members in the band when it comes to the studio.
Oh boohoo for fuck sake.

I have no doubt that it would have happened anyway, especially as Peter and Ace were becoming less reliable and Gene started caring less about the band.

Larger Than Life is awesome as it is, I don't care that Ace is not on it or that Gene isn't on a slew of songs that others have played bass on.

kenn.ace

Post by kenn.ace »

The Fox wrote:
Tito wrote:
elleneff wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:05 am
Now . I’ll say. I like Destroyer for what it is . But an album by Kiss it’s not. It’s Ezrin presents Kiss.
Iv maintained I don’t personally believe the band played much if at all on the finished Album.
They may have demoed. They may have laid down scratch parts.
But the end result sounds like:
Bass: Bob Ezrin and Prakash John. ( genes heavy picking style is very distinctive. Most of the bass here sounds fingered)
Rythem:some Paul. Mostly Steve hunter and Dick Wagner
Drums: some Criss. Mostly Allen Schwartzberg
Lead: ace copying or laying over Wagner/hunter/Ezrin written played parts.

But yes. After this time, Bob should come clean as to what’s on that record. He must have had some contractual ownership as Resurrected gave him carte Blanche to redo it.
It is true and has always felt weird to me how different the actual musicianship (versus just the sound of the album) sounds like from the few albums immediately before and after.

I've always felt there's something more off to this album than we've been told. Ace and that one solo may have been the scapegoat for a lot more that went down.
There was a fairly recent interview with Eddie Trunk where Ezrin swore that Peter played drums on all of Destroyer. Couldn't find it with a quick YouTube search but I listened to it a few years ago.

I'm in complete agreement with you on this. Pete sounded like a complete mess of a drummer on Dressed to Kill then out of nowhere was sounding like a monster drummer on Destroyer? I don't buy it. I wouldn't be surprised if Destroyer was similar to Dynasty and Psycho Circus where Pete's drum playing was on the record but was very limited.
I thought Peter's drumming on Dressed To Kill was pretty good.

The Fox

Post by The Fox »

aceeg wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:53 am
DTK had some of Pete’s best drumming wtf?
If you like dogshit, amateur sounding drums, then yeah, DTK is Pete's best.

In reality though the drum performance on Destroyer is a vast improvement over Pete's past playing in every way. So much so that it doesn't sound like he's the actual drummer on most (if not all) of the album. Tito's making a strong argument for this and I'm pretty much in total agreement with him.

Ezrin has sworn recently (I think on the 40th anniversary release from a few years ago) that he painstakingly worked with Pete on the drum parts throughout the recording of the Destroyer and that it's all him on the album.

If true that is atypical of Ezrin and would be the only time in Ezrin's career where it's been said that he took precious (and expensive) studio time to work with a band member to arrange and learn parts instead of just bringing in one of his own guys to bang the part out as he saw fit (i.e. Allan Schwartzberg on the crappy "I" from The Elder).

jkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jkiss »

Forty Deuce wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:11 am

I am not a car guy.

Ezrin did nothing wrong and doesn't have to confess anything. His goal was the make the best album possible and guess what? Destroyer is considered their best studio album. Mission accomplished.
You aren't much of 'a KISS guy' either, but that doesn't stop you.

:)

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

jkiss wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:44 pm
Forty Deuce wrote:

I am not a car guy.

Sure I am. I probably know more about KISS than you do, but I am also realistic and not a mindless fanboy or sheep.

jkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jkiss »

Forty Deuce wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:48 pm
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:

I am not a car guy.

Sure I am. I probably know more about KISS than you do, but I am also realistic and not a mindless fanboy or sheep.
No you aren't. And you don't. You continuously demonstrate you don't know very much ...your contributions to this thread alone is more than enough evidence of that.

Besides, if you know so much ...why haven't you informed anyone at this forum about something they don't already know & that is accurate? I haven't seen anything so far from you I should be overly impressed with.

:|

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

jkiss wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:20 pm
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:

I am not a car guy.

No you aren't. And you don't. You continuously demonstrate you don't know very much ...your contributions to this thread alone is more than enough evidence of that.

Besides, if you know so much ...why haven't you told anyone at this forum something they don't already know & that is accurate? I haven't seen anything so far I should be impressed with.

I am sure I do and your posts in this thread have been completely ridiculous and moronic quite frankly.

I am not here to impress you, but clearly you need me to educate you given your clueless comments in this thread like the need for a confession from Bob. LOL.

jkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jkiss »

Forty Deuce wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:24 pm
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:

I am not a car guy.

Besides, if you know so much ...why haven't you told anyone at this forum something they don't already know & that is accurate? I haven't seen anything so far I should be impressed with.

I am sure I do and your posts in this thread have been completely ridiculous and moronic quite frankly.

I am not here to impress you, but clearly you need me to educate you given your clueless comments in this thread like the need for a confession from Bob. LOL.
And yes you are here to impress everyone, but failing miserably. Go ahead ...tell us all something we don't already know ...I'm waiting. You must have 'something' & especially, since you know so much.

:P

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

jkiss wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:31 pm
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:

I am not a car guy.

And yes you are here to impress everyone, but failing miserably. Go ahead ...tell us all something we don't already know ...I'm waiting. You must have 'something' & especially, since you know so much.

Well clearly you didn't know that Destroyer is considered their best album and the only thing outside of Alive that is respected and as close to classic as there is in their entire discography. And yet, you somehow think Ezrin needs to confess his sins and apologize for making their best album.

Don't worry, I will point out how you are laughably wrong the next time I see such a moronic post from you.

jkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jkiss »

Forty Deuce wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:45 pm
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:

I am not a car guy.

Well clearly you didn't know that Destroyer is considered their best album and the only thing outside of Alive that is respected and as close to classic as there is in their entire discography. And yet, you somehow think Ezrin needs to confess his sins and apologize for making their best album.

Don't worry, I will point out how you are laughably wrong the next time I see such a moronic post from you.
I'm not worrying about you, but yet again you fail to tell us all here something we don't already know. And that just goes to show what you know. If you have 'something' ...best share it or stop 'wasting' everyone's time here.

:?

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

jkiss wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:56 pm
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:

I'm not worrying about you, but yet again you fail to tell us all here something we don't already know. And that just goes to show what you know. If you have 'something' ...best share it or stop 'wasting' everyone's time here.

If you already knew this stuff, you wouldn't have made such an idiotic post about Ezrin and we wouldn't even be talking about this at all. Now you are digging yourself into the hole even further. Better to just stop talking and move on.

Have a good night.

jkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jkiss »

Forty Deuce wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:01 pm
jkiss wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:56 pm
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:

If you already knew this stuff, you wouldn't have made such an idiotic post about Ezrin and we wouldn't even be talking about this at all. Now you are digging yourself into the hole even further. Better to just stop talking and move on.

Have a good night.
No, it is you that needs to move on & right out of this forum. Do everyone a favor & get lost ...I'm not kidding.

Tito

Post by Tito »

A certain poster's tone here has become extremely grating in its negativity.

Ridiculous, dumb, moronic, clueless, idiotic, fucking this and fucking that.

Would it be too much to ask to tone that stuff down a little?

elleneff
Banned
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Tito wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:30 am
gene therapist wrote:
Tito wrote:
Well, to my ears, DRC it is a shuffle. played faster, with a match grip, but a shuffle none the less.
Add to that the spanish flamenco solo ( when I heard Bob tell it that way, how he had to show Ace what he meant, took a flamenco guitar, and played it THAT way. Blew my mind and now that s what I hear. Hes right.
Subtle influences that I never copped till he spelt it out

elleneff
Banned
Banned

Post by elleneff »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:03 am
Bruce wrote:

I love Singers snare sound on this. really improves on the finished thing IMO. Kudos.

elleneff
Banned
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Thunderous_Lay wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:14 am
TheSpoiler wrote:
* snip *

I don't believe Gene came up with the bass line for DRC, let alone played on the studio version.

By Ace's own admission, Ezrin was the one who came up with the flamenco section and supposedly taught it to them.

As to the drums, Aucoin confirmed that Allan Schwartzberg played on the record, albeit only on one track.

Supposedly.

Sir!!!!! nods.

Id add that Schwartzberg most likely (though not stating as fact) overdubbed a lot on that record and we know (as much as I love Peters drumming on Dressed to Kill and RARO (Peters style and swings and sloppiness was part of that Kiss sound)

jkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jkiss »

elleneff wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:59 am
Thunderous_Lay wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
* snip *

Supposedly.

Sir!!!!! nods.

Id add that Schwartzberg most likely (though not stating as fact) overdubbed a lot on that record and we know (as much as I love Peters drumming on Dressed to Kill and RARO (Peters style and swings and sloppiness was part of that Kiss sound)
Yes, I agree; however, Bob would need to 'confess' or 'attest' ('OK it') to it first & along with Paul & Gene (as per recording contracts). It would be nice after all this time for Allan to be able candidly talk about the entire experience (if his tracks were used ...sure 'sounds' enough like him); as most certainly he's a fantastic drummer. No doubt as to why Bob used him often enough.

:thumleft:

Although, I don't believe Bob or even Allan need 'apologize' for it, but that's more so someone else's going 'off-the-rails' here. And he even PM'd telling to me 'stop talking' because 'I'm making a fool of myself'.

elleneff
Banned
Banned

Post by elleneff »

jkiss wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:40 pm
elleneff wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:59 am
Thunderous_Lay wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
* snip *

Supposedly.

Sir!!!!! nods.

Yes, I agree; however, Bob would need to 'confess' or 'attest' ('OK it') to it first & along with Paul & Gene (as per recording contracts). It would be nice after all this time for Allan to be able candidly talk about the entire experience (if his tracks were used ...sure 'sounds' enough like him); as most certainly he's a fantastic drummer. No doubt as to why Bob used him often enough.

:thumleft:

Although, I don't believe Bob or even Allan need 'apologize' for it, but that's more so someone else's going 'off-the-rails' here. And he even PM'd telling to me 'stop talking' because 'I'm making a fool of myself'.

Interesting. Ty for that.

Clearly there are still NDAs in place to some extent and rather than incure wrath, they prefer to deny. 40 off years later.

Whats pretty clear is it will be at least 15/20 years after the band is done before a real tell all book can spill the beans as to who did or did not do what.
20 years is usually the time. Principals passed. No come back. and once its the truth, little the corporation can do.

Tito

Post by Tito »

jkiss wrote:
And he even PM'd telling to me 'stop talking' because 'I'm making a fool of myself'.
You don't say? I'm "an insufferable fucking whiner".

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

Tito wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:35 am
jkiss wrote:
And he even PM'd telling to me 'stop talking' because 'I'm making a fool of myself'.
Well as I told Julian - I thought it was best to take the back and forth drama off the board, since he will often lock threads because of that - so that is why I sent you a PM. He understood that.

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

Bob doesn't need to apologize of confess anything. This notion is absolute fucking idiocy. KISS should be thanking him for making what is considered their best album and for helping to keep their career alive.

Tito

Post by Tito »

Forty Deuce wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:40 am
Tito wrote:
jkiss wrote:
Well as I told Julian - I thought it was best to take the back and forth drama off the board, since he will often lock threads because of that - so that is why I sent you a PM. He understood that.
I am not in the least bit interested in back and forth drama, or any private communication with you for that matter. I would assume most of us come here because KISS is our happy place. You clearly know about the band, and could well have some interesting points to make. My simple request to you was to turn down your frankly excessively negative tone. It's unnecessary.

Forty Deuce wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:44 am
...absolute fucking idiocy...
Clearly it was too much to ask for. You do you, I guess. *shrug*

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

Tito wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:53 am
Forty Deuce wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:40 am
Tito wrote:
jkiss wrote:
I am not in the least bit interested in back and forth drama, or any private communication with you for that matter. I would assume most of us come here because KISS is our happy place. You clearly know about the band, and could well have some interesting points to make. My simple request to you was to turn down your frankly excessively negative tone. It's unnecessary.

Forty Deuce wrote:
...absolute fucking idiocy...
Clearly it was too much to ask for. You do you, I guess. *shrug*
We all have our different personalities, quirks and ways of speaking or expressing ourselves. People swear for example to emphasize a point.

It amazes me that how I post actually bothers a grown man this much. Perhaps Tito - King Of The Street just needs to block me if me being me is too much for him.

elleneff
Banned
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Forty Deuce wrote:
Bob doesn't need to apologize of confess anything. This notion is absolute fucking idiocy. KISS should be thanking him for making what is considered their best album and for helping to keep their career alive.
Mr Bob Ezrin doesnt need to apoligize to anyone ever. His career and body of work speaks volumes and hes one man that never needs to kowtow to Gene or Paul or dance around fragilities.
Paul knows it.

It would be cool if one day Bob did decide to do a book, (like Greg Renhoffs upcoming book on Ted Templeman w Teds involvement) and certain stories could be told and tales put to bed not just Destroyer but Elder and Revenge, and working with Alice as a band and a solo artist.
You get Greg involved and you know the research will be meticulous and the writing on par with someone of his academic background. Not just a cut and paste like.. um a recent book. hey just get random fans and casuals to thrown in a page or three...

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

elleneff wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:17 pm
Forty Deuce wrote:
Mr Bob Ezrin doesnt need to apoligize to anyone ever. His career and body of work speaks volumes and hes one man that never needs to kowtow to Gene or Paul or dance around fragilities.
Paul knows it.

It would be cool if one day Bob did decide to do a book, (like Greg Renhoffs upcoming book on Ted Templeman w Teds involvement) and certain stories could be told and tales put to bed not just Destroyer but Elder and Revenge, and working with Alice as a band and a solo artist.
You get Greg involved and you know the research will be meticulous and the writing on par with someone of his academic background. Not just a cut and paste like.. um a recent book. hey just get random fans and casuals to thrown in a page or three...
The reality is that KISS' career may have ended if not for Ezrin and Destroyer with the legitimate hit they had with Beth. RARO and Love Gun did nothing for them in the same regard. Ezrin doesn't have to apologize for shit. Jkiss is insane.

Yep. Paul does know it and Ezrin has been the only producer he respects and will listen to - prior to Ezrin shitting on Sonic Boom and Monster and rightfully so. Bob is correct - those albums suck, especially on a production level.

Oh absolutely - an Ezrin book would be a must read.

jkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jkiss »

Forty Deuce wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm
elleneff wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
Paul knows it.

The reality is that KISS' career may have ended if not for Ezrin and Destroyer with the legitimate hit they had with Beth. RARO and Love Gun did nothing for them in the same regard. Ezrin doesn't have to apologize for shit. Jkiss is insane.

Yep. Paul does know it and Ezrin has been the only producer he respects and will listen to - prior to Ezrin shitting on Sonic Boom and Monster and rightfully so. Bob is correct - those albums suck, especially on a production level.

Quite a bit of name calling ...last time I checked that was called 'bullying'. Maybe you're into bullying women online? I almost think so; as I never claimed Bob needed to apologize for anything, but yet you keep bringing that up as if I did as a point to argue from.

------------------------
LOL
Sent: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:15 pm
Recipient: jkiss

So the thread isn't further infested with your idiocy and cluelessness, you need to just stop talking.

I mean confession from Bob Ezrin? How can you not see how stupid that is? You are making a fool of yourself.

--------------------------

Trolling fans during a COVID-19 pandemic crisis no less ...what a real piece of work you are.

Last edited by jkiss on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Crown Royal »

He has sent me similar PMs, the man is truly insane

This must be, what, Hey Man's 30th account on her by now?

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

jkiss wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:34 pm
Forty Deuce wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm
elleneff wrote:
Forty Deuce wrote:
Paul knows it.

Quite a bit of name calling ...last time I checked that was called 'bullying'. Maybe you're into bullying women online? I almost think so; as I never claimed Bob needed to apologize for anything, but yet you keep bringing that up as a point to argue from.

------------------------
LOL
Sent: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:15 pm
Recipient: jkiss

So the thread isn't further infested with your idiocy and cluelessness, you need to just stop talking.

I mean confession from Bob Ezrin? How can you not see how stupid that is? You are making a fool of yourself.

--------------------------

Trolling fans during a COVID-19 pandemic crisis no less ...what a real piece of work you are.

As I explained to Tito: I thought it was best to take the back and forth drama off the board, since he will often lock threads because of that - so that is why I sent you a PM. He understood that.

Your gender has nothing to do with it clearly as I messaged Tito among others.

I was trying to ensure this thread wouldn't get locked as many often do here for exactly this reason. It is quite common for mods/admins to say to people going back and forth to take it to PM. I did. Apparently this is a new concept for you.

Confess or apologize - either is a completely ridiculous notion. Bob Ezrin doesn't owe anyone a thing. KISS owe him if anything.
Last edited by Forty Deuce on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

Crown Royal wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:36 pm
He has sent me similar PMs, the man is truly insane

This must be, what, Hey Man's 30th account on her by now?
I sent you a PM on a forum for fuck sake. You make it sound like I travelled by plane and came on knocked on your front. What the fuck do you think the PM feature is for? It is so members can contact members for whatever reason if it is not necessary for the board or if you want to speak to someone directly. You apparently learned something new today.

Frehley's Vomit

Post by Frehley's Vomit »

:lol: Don't sweat it. Most people who disagree with HM get these almost word for word PMs. Just think of them as his special little calling cards.

Frehley's Vomit

Post by Frehley's Vomit »

I can't believe anyone would think Bob Ezrin should apologise to Paul Stanley for anything. :lol:

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

Frehley's Vomit wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:25 pm
:lol: Don't sweat it. Most people who disagree with HM get these almost word for word PMs. Just think of them as his special little calling cards.
LOL. I knew you were going to respond.

Forty Deuce
Banned
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

Frehley's Vomit wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:27 pm
I can't believe anyone would think Bob Ezrin should apologise to Paul Stanley for anything. :lol:
Absolutely. That or needing to confess his production sins against KISS is idiocy.