Ace confirms Bob Ezrin broke up the band

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Forty Deuce
Banned

Re: Ace confirms Bob Ezrin broke up the band

Post by Forty Deuce »

Frehley's Vomit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:02 am
Forty Deuce wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:43 pm
Frehley's Vomit wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:31 pm
Forty Deuce wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:17 pm
Frehley's Vomit wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:12 pm
Forty Deuce wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:48 pm
Frehley's Vomit wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:25 pm :lol: Don't sweat it. Most people who disagree with HM get these almost word for word PMs. Just think of them as his special little calling cards.
LOL. I knew you were going to respond.
I respond to you rarely these days, mainly because there's no point stating the obvious again and again. I know you love it when I do though.
I do only because it's almost become a game - how long before Vomit responds. Even Blackwell would get in on that from time to time and would jokingly say guess who responded.
Look at you making out that anyone could possibly be as endlessly predictable as you. :lol:

Now, back to discussing your pal Bob.
It has nothing to do with being predictable. I am just the same person you have known online for years. Just like Spirit is the same person and Steve is the same person, you are the same person and I am sure Connors is the same person if political discussion was allowed here. You always know what you are going to get.

I just thought it was amusing that I could practically bet on you coming out from your home at Nomads since you don't post here as much anymore just to respond to a post I have made.
Shows you how much you've been paying attention. I've been posting here for a while. You have made several hundred posts and I ignored almost all of them. I respond to one and you hang your hat on that? :lol:

Trust me, you're not that important.
LOL. Sure. This time.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Forty Deuce wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm
elleneff wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:17 pm
Forty Deuce wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:44 am Bob doesn't need to apologize of confess anything. This notion is absolute fucking idiocy. KISS should be thanking him for making what is considered their best album and for helping to keep their career alive.
Mr Bob Ezrin doesnt need to apoligize to anyone ever. His career and body of work speaks volumes and hes one man that never needs to kowtow to Gene or Paul or dance around fragilities.
Paul knows it.

It would be cool if one day Bob did decide to do a book, (like Greg Renhoffs upcoming book on Ted Templeman w Teds involvement) and certain stories could be told and tales put to bed not just Destroyer but Elder and Revenge, and working with Alice as a band and a solo artist.
You get Greg involved and you know the research will be meticulous and the writing on par with someone of his academic background. Not just a cut and paste like.. um a recent book. hey just get random fans and casuals to thrown in a page or three...
The reality is that KISS' career may have ended if not for Ezrin and Destroyer with the legitimate hit they had with Beth. RARO and Love Gun did nothing for them in the same regard. Ezrin doesn't have to apologize for shit. Jkiss is insane.

Yep. Paul does know it and Ezrin has been the only producer he respects and will listen to - prior to Ezrin shitting on Sonic Boom and Monster and rightfully so. Bob is correct - those albums suck, especially on a production level.

Oh absolutely - an Ezrin book would be a must read.
All fair and as a personal plee, its a nice discussion for the most part. what ifs, and decent in depth dissection of Ezrin and his work on Destroyer, his methods and Kiss. methods.

Can I quote Dr Strangelove and Merkin Muffley " Gentlemen, you cant fight in here, this is the War Room!"
battra
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by battra »

Mr Slow wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:37 pm
ashorama wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:10 pm This story gets bandied about a lot, but we're only getting one side of this. As Paul has admitted and Ace has accused, Paul had no friends, and the band toured and recorded because Paul and Gene had nothing else to do. Ace, however, had friends (even said he flew friends out to hang while on the tour). Perhaps Ace's card game had been planned for a while and Gene, Paul, and Ezrin were in the studio after Ace was told he wasn't needed for the rest of the day. Maybe they changed their mind and Ace was playing cards.

Let's not pretend Kiss were making art. This was their job, no matter how much they might've liked it. Electric Lady Studios was in Greenwich Village. I don't know where Ace lived, but the last time I was in Manhattan, getting anywhere took a while because of traffic. So, let's just say that it took an hour to get to the studio, it's not like Ace would be there for 10 minutes.

How many times did Gene just not show up for sessions?
A couple of things I want to address. Firstly, you said KISS toured & recorded because Gene & Paul had nothing else to do. I think KISS toured & recorded because they were trying to climb the mountain and the band the biggest thing on the planet. This wasn’t a hobby that Gene & Paul worked harder at for kicks.

Secondly, from all that we’ve read Gene was there at pretty much every recording session, even those that he wasn’t required to attend. By the mid 80’s he had guys fill in but that came later.
Where are you getting that he was there?

And Gene was ghosted all the time in the mid SEVENTIES.

The difference is that Ace cared.

Gene Simmons is the most ghosted player in Kiss.
battra

Post by battra »

StraightThruTheHeart wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:50 am Bob Ezrin has been instrumental in the breakup of many bands... Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd and KISS.
Considering Floyd was starting to break up five years before they ever met Ezrin, I'm not certain you can say that.

Then when you consider that Gene & Paul didn't stand up for their guy, I'm not certain you can say Ezrin was to blame.

Gene & Paul were totally fine to no longer make it all for one and one for all.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

battra wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:48 am
StraightThruTheHeart wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:50 am Bob Ezrin has been instrumental in the breakup of many bands... Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd and KISS.
Considering Floyd was starting to break up five years before they ever met Ezrin, I'm not certain you can say that.

Then when you consider that Gene & Paul didn't stand up for their guy, I'm not certain you can say Ezrin was to blame.

Floyd due to Waters was breaking from the moment they got together. LOL

But yes. I agree. G & P should have stood up for Ace at the time.
But Ace was against this concept direction and begrudgingly contributed.
It was Genes baby and project. Why would Gene stand with a band member that told him this was a bad idea and was!
Forty Deuce
Banned

Post by Forty Deuce »

Should Vini Poncia apologize and confess his sins for allowing Anton Fig on Dynasty and Unmasked, ESPECIALLY since he initially worked with Peter and they must have been friends on some level for Peter to want him to produce the next KISS album. Vini should have demanded that Peter drum on the album or he wouldn't produce Dynasty.
battra

Post by battra »

elleneff wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:53 am
battra wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:48 am

Floyd due to Waters was breaking from the moment they got together. LOL

But yes. I agree. G & P should have stood up for Ace at the time.
But Ace was against this concept direction and begrudgingly contributed.
It was Genes baby and project. Why would Gene stand with a band member that told him this was a bad idea and was!
I think it's wrong to even talk about concept....unless we're not talking thematic concepts.

Ezrin wanted to move the band's studio work into a new arena...the top 40.

Gene and Paul would've shanked Ace in the back to get a #1 hit.

Eh, who am I kidding.

They would've shanked him in the stomach while looking into his eyes, laid him down on the ground, and inhaled his last breath in order to get a #1 hit.

But what's really, REALLY, REALLY FUNNY about all of this....

As Gene and Ace both put it...he had a card game to get to later and left to go to it.

So, here we are...loads of folks bitching about how Ace knocked off work early. That's all he did. He left early one day.

How many people here complaining about Ace leaving work early one day, have had perfect attendance?

And yes, the shitty solo (that Ace had written and Wagner had perfected) on the shitty song, could've waited a day.

Kiss spent a month in the studio on Destroyer. DTK...was a week.