Page 3 of 3

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:27 am
by Sonny Crocket
MP3 either iPod (home) SD card (truck)

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:39 am
by His Majesty
FlamingRuth wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 am
because it's perpetually 1978 at my parents' house.
I wanna move in.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:41 am
by FlamingRuth
His Majesty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:39 am
FlamingRuth wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 am
because it's perpetually 1978 at my parents' house.
I wanna move in.
:D Bring your 45’s.
We’ll play ‘em on the hi-fi.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:43 am
by Fartbone
FlamingRuth wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:41 am
His Majesty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:39 am
FlamingRuth wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 am
because it's perpetually 1978 at my parents' house.
I wanna move in.
:D Bring your 45’s.
We’ll play ‘em on the hi-fi.
does your hi-fi have wi-fi?

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:45 am
by His Majesty
I refuse to pay a monthly subscription to listen to an on demand music library. Yeah, I know, there are ten zillion songs available, blah bah blah, but who the fuck has the time to listen to ten zillion songs? That's just a silly argument.
I know what I want, what I like and I get that music on CD. Not to say the internet doesn't have its benefits. I listen to Youtube to preview a song/album/artists. It's free. And if I like something, I will make the effort to give the artist their due royalties and support them by purchasing the disc. Then I own it. No needing to rely on the internet or some company server.
So then I will rip the CD into MP3 format and put it on my phone, to listen to anytime, anywhere. No internet needed. No 4G needed. No subscriptions. I've created my own "playlist" comprised of songs I love. Win win.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:46 am
by His Majesty
FlamingRuth wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:41 am
His Majesty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:39 am
FlamingRuth wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 am
because it's perpetually 1978 at my parents' house.
I wanna move in.
:D Bring your 45’s.
We’ll play ‘em on the hi-fi.
Image

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:48 am
by FlamingRuth
Fartbone wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:43 am
FlamingRuth wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:41 am
His Majesty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:39 am
FlamingRuth wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 am
because it's perpetually 1978 at my parents' house.
I wanna move in.
:D Bring your 45’s.
We’ll play ‘em on the hi-fi.
does your hi-fi have wi-fi?
Yes, but my parents are senile and can never remember the password, so we have to keep creating new ones.
It's kinda funny, a little sad ..... but always an adventure. 8)

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:59 am
by FlamingRuth
His Majesty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:45 am
I refuse to pay a monthly subscription to listen to an on demand music library. Yeah, I know, there are ten zillion songs available, blah bah blah, but who the fuck has the time to listen to ten zillion songs? That's just a silly argument.
I know what I want, what I like and I get that music on CD. Not to say the internet doesn't have its benefits. I listen to Youtube to preview a song/album/artists. It's free. And if I like something, I will make the effort to give the artist their due royalties and support them by purchasing the disc. Then I own it. No needing to rely on the internet or some company server.
So then I will rip the CD into MP3 format and put it on my phone, to listen to anytime, anywhere. No internet needed. No 4G needed. No subscriptions. I've created my own "playlist" comprised of songs I love. Win win.
My adorable offspring, who spent their lives breaking my stuff, are trying to make up for it now by paying for my music & tv subscriptions.
A couple of them don't want their CDs or DVDs anymore so I just inherited enough music and movies to last me a while.
Plus, everyone hands down their old technology to me, so I have a few iPods and I do the same thing as you--rip CDs and make my own playlists on there. It works out fine. 8)

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:05 am
by His Majesty
FlamingRuth wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:59 am
My adorable offspring, who spent their lives breaking my stuff, are trying to make up for it now by paying for my music & tv subscriptions.
A couple of them don't want their CDs or DVDs anymore so I just inherited enough music and movies to last me a while.
Plus, everyone hands down their old technology to me, so I have a few iPods and I do the same thing as you--rip CDs and make my own playlists on there. It works out fine. 8)

One's trash is another's treasure. I love getting old technology! One of my most prized possessions is my original Super Nintendo system from the early 90's. Still works like a charm.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 am
by NYRockCity
DeucyLucy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 am
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:53 pm
DeucyLucy wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:19 pm
DOUBLE DYNASTY wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:23 am
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:42 am
I can’t believe this will be the first time since the CD came out that they will sell less this year than vinyls
Vinyl is getting it's revenge for what happened in 1985, when CD crushed vinyl under it's mighty heel.

How the tables have turned...

Vinyl forever.
They haven’t turned. CDs still move far more units than vinyl. Even in terms of sales, CDs are still ahead of vinyl (vinyl records earned $224.1 million over the first six months of 2019, while CDs earned $247.9 million). Given the current trends, It’s likely (though not a given) that vinyl will earn more $$ than CDs next year but that is due to the price mark-up of vinyl records allowed by the nostalgia factor. Even though CD sales are declining, CDs are not disappearing any more than vinyl has.

At any rate, both formats are getting clobbered by streaming.
I’m talking about in the USA. Are you talking globally?
I’m talking about the what has been reported by the RIAA, which was picked up by Rolling Stone and other news outlets. The RIAA reports on the U.S. music industry.

https://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploads ... Report.pdf
Things must’ve changed since the article below:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... aa-880959/

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:33 pm
by HOFCity
Last time I listened to KISS was when they had the Sirius Radio channel.

No one in my family likes KISS music so I respect them by not playing it.

Don't have a CD player or any KISS CDS nor do I have a record player.

YouTube or maybe Sound cloud would be the way I would go.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:38 pm
by KingOfHearts89
With my ears ;)

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:57 am
by ypke
Tito wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:16 am
ypke wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:36 am
Tito wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:17 am
One option only? Vinyl at home, Spotify on the move.
This. But on Spotify I listen to a lot of stuff that I don't own.
There's a lot of KISS stuff you don't own?
Haha, no I have the regular stuff and more. But I use Spotify to discover music that I don't have (in whatever format) and to check out bands that I wouldn't have checked out otherwise.
I do like all the kiss covers on Spotify, a lot of them not worth buying though, and I've combined them in a playlist.
And I've made a playlist of kiss related recordings (by checking out the website of the same name and trying to find those songs on Spotify), again a lot of stuffthat I'm curious about but I don't have to own everything.
But I use spotify a lotfor getting to know new and young bands in the glammetal/sleazerock genre.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:18 am
by Tito
ypke wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:57 am
Tito wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:16 am
ypke wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:36 am
Tito wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:17 am
One option only? Vinyl at home, Spotify on the move.
This. But on Spotify I listen to a lot of stuff that I don't own.
There's a lot of KISS stuff you don't own?
Haha, no I have the regular stuff and more. But I use Spotify to discover music that I don't have (in whatever format) and to check out bands that I wouldn't have checked out otherwise.
I do like all the kiss covers on Spotify, a lot of them not worth buying though, and I've combined them in a playlist.
And I've made a playlist of kiss related recordings (by checking out the website of the same name and trying to find those songs on Spotify), again a lot of stuffthat I'm curious about but I don't have to own everything.
But I use spotify a lotfor getting to know new and young bands in the glammetal/sleazerock genre.
Gotcha. 8) The topic title threw me, but I figured that's what you meant.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:29 am
by DeucyLucy
NYRockCity wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 am
DeucyLucy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 am
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:53 pm
DeucyLucy wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:19 pm
DOUBLE DYNASTY wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:23 am
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:42 am
I can’t believe this will be the first time since the CD came out that they will sell less this year than vinyls
Vinyl is getting it's revenge for what happened in 1985, when CD crushed vinyl under it's mighty heel.

How the tables have turned...

Vinyl forever.
They haven’t turned. CDs still move far more units than vinyl. Even in terms of sales, CDs are still ahead of vinyl (vinyl records earned $224.1 million over the first six months of 2019, while CDs earned $247.9 million). Given the current trends, It’s likely (though not a given) that vinyl will earn more $$ than CDs next year but that is due to the price mark-up of vinyl records allowed by the nostalgia factor. Even though CD sales are declining, CDs are not disappearing any more than vinyl has.

At any rate, both formats are getting clobbered by streaming.
I’m talking about in the USA. Are you talking globally?
I’m talking about the what has been reported by the RIAA, which was picked up by Rolling Stone and other news outlets. The RIAA reports on the U.S. music industry.

https://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploads ... Report.pdf
Things must’ve changed since the article below:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... aa-880959/
No, nothing has changed—did you even read the RS article? They used the same RIAA numbers from the link I provided. My point is that DoubleDynasty is jumping the gun by saying the “tables have turned” when they haven’t YET and that he’s wrong when he assumes vinyl records are now replacing CDs like CDs replaced vinyl in the 80s/90s. CDs are being replaced by streaming, not vinyl.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:43 am
by Tail of a hurricane
Cd and vinyl at home. Usb in my car.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 am
by NYRockCity
DeucyLucy wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:29 am
NYRockCity wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 am
DeucyLucy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 am
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:53 pm
DeucyLucy wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:19 pm
DOUBLE DYNASTY wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:23 am
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:42 am
I can’t believe this will be the first time since the CD came out that they will sell less this year than vinyls
Vinyl is getting it's revenge for what happened in 1985, when CD crushed vinyl under it's mighty heel.

How the tables have turned...

Vinyl forever.
They haven’t turned. CDs still move far more units than vinyl. Even in terms of sales, CDs are still ahead of vinyl (vinyl records earned $224.1 million over the first six months of 2019, while CDs earned $247.9 million). Given the current trends, It’s likely (though not a given) that vinyl will earn more $$ than CDs next year but that is due to the price mark-up of vinyl records allowed by the nostalgia factor. Even though CD sales are declining, CDs are not disappearing any more than vinyl has.

At any rate, both formats are getting clobbered by streaming.
I’m talking about in the USA. Are you talking globally?
I’m talking about the what has been reported by the RIAA, which was picked up by Rolling Stone and other news outlets. The RIAA reports on the U.S. music industry.

https://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploads ... Report.pdf
Things must’ve changed since the article below:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... aa-880959/
No, nothing has changed—did you even read the RS article? They used the same RIAA numbers from the link I provided. My point is that DoubleDynasty is jumping the gun by saying the “tables have turned” when they haven’t YET and that he’s wrong when he assumes vinyl records are now replacing CDs like CDs replaced vinyl in the 80s/90s. CDs are being replaced by streaming, not vinyl.
Oh I see what you’re saying. And I just looked back at the article. I forgot it was only a projection article not something that has happened yet. Something mind blowing to me looking back at the article is:

“Vinyl records earned $224.1 million (on 8.6 million units) in the first half of 2019, closing in on the $247.9 million (on 18.6 million units) generated by CD sales.“

Look at the units then the $...

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:43 am
by Wiped Out 78
Tito wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:16 am
There's a lot of KISS stuff you don't own?
This wasn't directed to me, but I don't think I own any KISS physical product anymore. If I do, it's probably a Sonic Boom cd that's lying around somewhere.

My 70's vinyl is long gone, cassettes in the trash can, and most of my cd collection has been saved to a hard drive and sold off.

Spotify (free) for me.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:13 am
by KIDGEO3
Naked

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:07 pm
by J-Lefty
His Majesty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:45 am
I refuse to pay a monthly subscription to listen to an on demand music library. Yeah, I know, there are ten zillion songs available, blah bah blah, but who the fuck has the time to listen to ten zillion songs? That's just a silly argument.
I know what I want, what I like and I get that music on CD. Not to say the internet doesn't have its benefits. I listen to Youtube to preview a song/album/artists. It's free. And if I like something, I will make the effort to give the artist their due royalties and support them by purchasing the disc. Then I own it. No needing to rely on the internet or some company server.
So then I will rip the CD into MP3 format and put it on my phone, to listen to anytime, anywhere. No internet needed. No 4G needed. No subscriptions. I've created my own "playlist" comprised of songs I love. Win win.
As a guitarist that jamms at home a lot. there is no better resource than Spotify. Nearly every song ever released is available at your finger tips. Best $10/month I've ever spent.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:53 pm
by criss75
Through headphones

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:34 am
by ManOf1000Faces
My Amazon online music library, and I also have Creatures in the car cd player. My desktop computer recently took a crap, so all of the songs I added from cds are gone. In addition, I'd downloaded many purchases, which are also back in the cloud now.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:39 am
by Kissologist
Fartbone wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:43 am
FlamingRuth wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:41 am
His Majesty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:39 am
FlamingRuth wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 am
because it's perpetually 1978 at my parents' house.
I wanna move in.
:D Bring your 45’s.
We’ll play ‘em on the hi-fi.
does your hi-fi have wi-fi?
If her hi-fi has wi-fi, high-five! :cheers:

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:44 am
by richardsimmons
J-Lefty wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:07 pm
there is no better resource than Spotify. Nearly every song ever released is available at your finger tips. Best $10/month I've ever spent.
I am inclined to agree.

Just a FYI- The Family Plan is $14.99/month & can have up to 6 people!

I have 4 on mine (same folks as the cell phone family plan) so it feels like $3.75/month!

( I don’t work for them...I’m just cheap! )

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:58 am
by Deuce1231
Usually loud :mrgreen:

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:30 pm
by MrBlackwell
Hi res flacs through Mcintosh pre & amp. At least all the studio albums available. Don't do streaming

I've stopped listening to bootlegs once I had my first decent audio system.

Vinyls, tapes and Cd's are in a closet somewhere

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:43 pm
by Red Yogurt Bath
Vinyl first, streaming 2nd
I’m a huge lover of the vinyl, and listen to the albums as much as I can. Streaming is easier when you’re listening. while cooking and cleaning chores etc.

Re: How do you listen to KISS music currently?

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:53 pm
by AstroWarped
Album CD's ripped to Hard Drive and High Definition albums from HDTracks or ProStudioMaster, all in FLAC Format, played through Music Bee, using Logitech THX Speakers.