Where's the Kiss Chronicles thread?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
vdojaq
Banned

Re: Where's the Kiss Chronicles thread?

Post by vdojaq »

His Majesty wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:46 am I got caught paginating once when I was 13. Very embarrassing...
Does the WalMArt Pharmacy have a cure for it? Asking for a friend........
douglasroads
Banned

Post by douglasroads »

TheSpoiler wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:15 am OK. Have lots of fun pontificating then!
Great comeback! You’re clearly on top of this conversation. What would three design for print professionals know about the business of putting a book together anyway?

So, here’s to another five years of declaring your allegiance to the cause I guess. Because this isn’t a picture book anymore, no, it’s an article of faith.
TheSpoiler
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by TheSpoiler »

douglasroads wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:37 am
TheSpoiler wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:15 am OK. Have lots of fun pontificating then!
Great comeback! You’re clearly on top of this conversation. What would three design for print professionals know about the business of putting a book together anyway?

So, here’s to another five years of declaring your allegiance to the cause I guess. Because this isn’t a picture book anymore, no, it’s an article of faith.
I apologize for offending your industry to such a massive extent.
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

Did you preorder it?
douglasroads
Banned

Post by douglasroads »

StarChildBlade wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:19 am

Did you preorder it?
No I didn’t. This thing was already troubled in my estimation when I became aware of it on threads very like this one. This has been a long haul and we were already through several worrying turns and what I saw as red flags. Does that completely negate my thoughts on the subject?
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

douglasroads wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:28 am

Did you preorder it?
No I didn’t. This thing was already troubled in my estimation when I became aware of it on threads very like this one. This has been a long haul and we were already through several worrying turns and what I saw as red flags. Does that completely negate my thoughts on the subject?
No, not completely. But you aren’t as invested in it as much. All fair points you’ve made, regardless. That’s all I got.
douglasroads
Banned

Post by douglasroads »

Fair comment. Perhaps though by not being invested - emotionally or financially - it gives one a more objective viewpoint?
timmy33
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by timmy33 »

I don't blame Ros or Scott for not responding any longer. Some here will continue to complain no matter what is said.
If you haven't bought the book why are you so worried about it?
The timeline is pretty clear, once Ros started getting more coverage about the book, more info, docs, and photos started to surface.
I'm sure they were swamped with new possibilities for the book. Hopefully it's close to being wrapped up.
I waited over a decade for the band to get back together, I can wait a few more months for the book.
Keep going Ros. Ignore the noise
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

Great post Timmy33
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

douglasroads wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:18 pm Fair comment. Perhaps though by not being invested - emotionally or financially - it gives one a more objective viewpoint?
No doubt, your objectivity is on point. And we all want answers for these things.

I didn’t purchase one either. A friend of mine bought one for me as a gift, before I had a chance to buy one myself. It was going to be my birthday gift in June, and then my Kissmas gift in December.

I’ve privately messaged Ros numerous times, and even spoke with him on the phone—we are Facebook pals and fellow Texans. He’s more than willing to answer all questions on a personal level if you reach out to him.

He’s probably swamped with this project, as it’s quite an undertaking, so I’m giving him space to get things wrapped up and ready. However, I did give pause when he mentioned the Kiss licensing wrench—not thrilled about that. But, I honestly wish him the best with it, want him to succeed, full well knowing that perhaps some of this stuff is a huge learning curve in taking on a project like this.

I don’t believe he’s ready to go to print. But we all need to decide that we either still support this thing or we don’t, knowing that it probably won’t be out by Xmas. It’s obviously not going as easily as we’d like, at least on the surface. But I have faith in the man and his project, so I’m going to fan it a little longer.
stutterer

Post by stutterer »

timmy33 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:36 pm If you haven't bought the book why are you so worried about it?
Yeah.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

timmy33 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:36 pm I don't blame Ros or Scott for not responding any longer. Some here will continue to complain no matter what is said.
The timeline is pretty clear, once Ros started getting more coverage about the book, more info, docs, and photos started to surface.
I'm sure they were swamped with new possibilities for the book. Hopefully it's close to being wrapped up.
I waited over a decade for the band to get back together, I can wait a few more months for the book.
Because they intend to buy it if and when it's finally finished and printed I guess. I don't think anyone's losing any sleep over this, but the questions and observations seem, for the most part, fair and fitting.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:11 pm
timmy33 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:36 pm I don't blame Ros or Scott for not responding any longer. Some here will continue to complain no matter what is said.
Because they intend to buy it if and when it's finally finished and printed I guess. I don't think anyone's losing any sleep over this, but the questions and observations seem, for the most part, fair and fitting.
No not losing sleep but people aren't being nice or polite with how they're acting toward Ros.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

PterCriss wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:33 pm
No not losing sleep but people aren't being nice or polite with how they're acting toward Ros.
I agree, there were some in the original thread that were out of order but I think, largely, they're on point.
kinetic74
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by kinetic74 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:56 am
highvoltage1969 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:27 am
You have someone paginating your work?

Coincidentally, I just paginated a CD booklet less than 5 minutes ago. A whole 12 pages!! Phew! :lol:
All my work is digital now, but when I used to work on printed books and magazines, yes, a production manager gracefully turned my designer's spreads into printer friendly pages! This was for a big publishing company though, they needed to keep those presses running 24/7 without any holdups.

I used to make films and plates in ye olde days of printing so I have a solid understanding of the process, but paginating a big book is the devils' work.

Even for CD booklets, I'd always make a mockup to figure out which pages go where.

Worst part of the job!
With all modern magazines and books we just send numbered PDFs to the printer ie;

001_COVER.pdf
002_IFC.pdf
003_Nameoffilexxx.pdf etc

The printer then does the rest as far as a 8 page or 16 page sections. In my 20+ years of publishing magazines and books i've never had to do a "pagination" the traditional way.
jkiss

Post by jkiss »

I had to be in that sort of position once myself as being the contact person or face for a complex project that dragged on n' on. And it didn't work-out either. And at the time, I didn't have the luxury of the internet, etc. I usually had go & get strips torn-out of me face-to-face with investors (or harassed on the phone, constantly) & nothing I could really do to get those that were responsible for the work to figure it out or get it finished. And even quit & switched careers after that horrible experience. It went on for almost 2 years.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned when it's in my hands & reading it ...that's when it's done. Someone else bought it as a gift for me, too & I told them just let it be; as I'm incredibly patient. Not worrying too much about updates, etc. I guess it helps that have no money down of my own, but still someone else does on my behalf that's like family. And even if I did ...it would be the same case.

:wink:
Last edited by jkiss on Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Borgo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Dr Borgo »

I don’t doubt that the book will be released eventually. I think what people seemed to get upset with, was the revelation that G&P may get involved right here at the finish line. That would obviously delay the book for quite a while. Plus factor in that a lot of us don’t really want or need them involved. We have seen enough of the project updates to know that we like what we see. (Ros has been nothing but outstanding in keeping us updated)
Rip Rokken
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rip Rokken »

PterCriss wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:33 pm
How is the Freeloader board? I haven’t seen any posts for a while.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

kinetic74 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:21 pm
Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:56 am
highvoltage1969 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:27 am
You have someone paginating your work?

Coincidentally, I just paginated a CD booklet less than 5 minutes ago. A whole 12 pages!! Phew! :lol:
All my work is digital now, but when I used to work on printed books and magazines, yes, a production manager gracefully turned my designer's spreads into printer friendly pages! This was for a big publishing company though, they needed to keep those presses running 24/7 without any holdups.

I used to make films and plates in ye olde days of printing so I have a solid understanding of the process, but paginating a big book is the devils' work.

Even for CD booklets, I'd always make a mockup to figure out which pages go where.

Worst part of the job!
With all modern magazines and books we just send numbered PDFs to the printer ie;

001_COVER.pdf
002_IFC.pdf
003_Nameoffilexxx.pdf etc

The printer then does the rest as far as a 8 page or 16 page sections. In my 20+ years of publishing magazines and books i've never had to do a "pagination" the traditional way.
Adobe InDesign is what they are using to layout and manage his book.
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

Crown Royal wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 pm
Under The Rose wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 pm

It’s his baby and his vision. Let’s give him some time and space to get it done!
When people have pledged their financial support, it's no longer "his baby". It's now a group effort, and the group has right to know certain things.
What a load of bollocks. From an artistic and creative perspective, it is his baby. Ros regularly keeps us updated, but we don’t have the right to demand minute by minute updates or demand answers to every stupid question.

We are customers, not shareholders.

Ordering a book from amazon doesn't give you the right to demand minute from minute updates from Jef Bezoz.

The best thing for all of us is to let him get on with it and stop with the pestering.
UnholyDemon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by UnholyDemon »

PterCriss wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm
Admin wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:15 am Due to the behaviour of some, including your comment, I've dumped it in the garbage. It's fair to ask questions and seek clarifications, but some of the comments and accusations against several parties had crossed a boundary of acceptable behaviour.

I recommend folks seeking updated information about the book can visit the author's site at https://www.facebook.com/MAGICKISSKronicles1973to1983/
I actually agree with dumping that thread. The pitch forks came out for no reason.
UnholyDemon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by UnholyDemon »

PterCriss wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:39 pm
In the Suds wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:01 pm
misterhand80 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:10 pm
How much of the 550 pages have been completed?
Three days since this was asked. The author has been online but chooses not to answer what seems like a very simple and fair question

And this is a person repeatedly praised for their transparency.?
I think he's been thru the ringer with the FAQers and you guys are walking the line to attack mode again. It only takes a few people that won't let up until they get the answer they want. Check out Ros' Facebook page for updates and answers.
Then he should stay off here and quit hyping something that does not exist if you are so scared of boogeymen with pitchforks!
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

Under The Rose wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:35 pm

It’s his baby and his vision. Let’s give him some time and space to get it done!
When people have pledged their financial support, it's no longer "his baby". It's now a group effort, and the group has right to know certain things.
What a load of bollocks. From an artistic and creative perspective, it is his baby. Ros regularly keeps us updated, but we don’t have the right to demand minute by minute updates or demand answers to every stupid question.

Ordering a book from amazon doesn't give you the right to demand minute from minute updates from Jef Bezoz.

The best thing for all of us is to let him get on with it and stop with the pestering.
Amazon doesn't charge you until what you ordered has shipped. (Third-party sellers may do it differently, I don't know.)
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Amazon doesn't charge you until what you ordered has shipped. (Third-party sellers may do it differently, I don't know.)
Whatever. Plenty of places do, it’s not really the point is it.

The idea that it’s not Ros’ baby because we preorderd is simply ludicrous. Typical illogical entitlement mentality.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Under The Rose wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:08 pm

The idea that it’s not Ros’ baby because we preorderd is simply ludicrous. Typical illogical entitlement mentality.
But wouldn't you agree that if you paid for something, you are entitled to what you paid for? That's why the amazon example cuts no ice, Amazon doesn't charge you until your item is shipped. But if when you buy something and the money is spent, your card is charged, your check is cashed etc., sure, you're entitled, because you paid.

And I would have to agree that if the money people paid Ros is actually being used to put the book together, then it is indeed the customer's baby too, because he's using other people's funds.
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:21 pm

But wouldn't you agree that if you paid for something, you are entitled to what you paid for? That's why the amazon example cuts no ice, Amazon doesn't charge you until your item is shipped. But if when you buy something and the money is spent, your card is charged, your check is cashed etc., sure, you're entitled, because you paid.

And I would have to agree that if the money people paid Ros is actually being used to put the book together, then it is indeed the customer's baby too, because he's using other people's funds.
The customers are entitled to two things. 1. The book 2. The right to cancel.

Beyond that, it is all up to Ros.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

UnholyDemon wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:42 pm
PterCriss wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:39 pm
In the Suds wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:01 pm
misterhand80 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:10 pm
How much of the 550 pages have been completed?
Three days since this was asked. The author has been online but chooses not to answer what seems like a very simple and fair question

And this is a person repeatedly praised for their transparency.?
I think he's been thru the ringer with the FAQers and you guys are walking the line to attack mode again. It only takes a few people that won't let up until they get the answer they want. Check out Ros' Facebook page for updates and answers.
Then he should stay off here and quit hyping something that does not exist if you are so scared of boogeymen with pitchforks!
What that boogeymen with pitchforks? The be blunt and honest he's staying away because people on here were acting like dickheads to him. The same happened when I offered FREE professional video services. Let that sink in. You guys keep asking the same questions from Ros but in a different way, all for the reason to be the one to get the "gotcha moment".

Ros answered the questions best he could. And the what's the % of the book completed is a bullshit question. it's bullshit because it's a loaded question if your not in his show or the publishing industry. Ros could say it's 99% completed or 75% completed and neither would affect the December release date.

The question is how soon or when will the book be released? That's it.

A hand full of people on the FAQ feel seem to think if they ask a question then damn-it you better answer it and answer it the way they want it.
UnholyDemon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by UnholyDemon »

PterCriss wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:44 pmWhat that boogeymen with pitchforks? The be blunt and honest he's staying away because people on here were acting like dickheads to him. The same happened when I offered FREE professional video services. Let that sink in. You guys keep asking the same questions from Ros but in a different way, all for the reason to be the one to get the "gotcha moment".

Ros answered the questions best he could. And the what's the % of the book completed is a bullshit question. it's bullshit because it's a loaded question if your not in his show or the publishing industry. Ros could say it's 99% completed or 75% completed and neither would affect the December release date.

A hand full of people on the FAQ feel seem to think if they ask a question then damn-it you better answer it and answer it the way they want it.
If you purchased something up to 4 1/2 years ago and have yet to receive it, wouldn't you want to know why in whatever way you choose to pose the question to the seller? In complete disclosure, I am not one of those who have funded this endeavor because I wouldn't spend money on something that does not exist! Those who have funded this endeavor have every right to question him however they see fit!
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

UnholyDemon wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:09 pm
PterCriss wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:44 pmWhat that boogeymen with pitchforks? The be blunt and honest he's staying away because people on here were acting like dickheads to him. The same happened when I offered FREE professional video services. Let that sink in. You guys keep asking the same questions from Ros but in a different way, all for the reason to be the one to get the "gotcha moment".

If you purchased something up to 4 1/2 years ago and have yet to receive it, wouldn't you want to know why in whatever way you choose to pose the question to the seller? In complete disclosure, I am not one of those who have funded this endeavor because I wouldn't spend money on something that does not exist! Those who have funded this endeavor have every right to question him however they see fit!
THOSE WHO HAVE FUNDED THIS ENDEAVOR - Yes they 100% do have a right to contact Ros and get the latest details. The FAQ is not that direct line of contacting Ros is it? Ros does reach out and contact the people that pre-paid if they have questions.

You're kinda spinning this in a direction that makes it sound like people have been left in the dark for 4 years. With your "purchased something up to 4 1/2 years ago and have yet to receive it," comment. Nothing was promised 4 years ago so no one was expecting to receive anything.
johnsaidwhat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

Yes, I'm anxious, yes, I'm frustrated, yes, I truly hope there's not another delay.
But I volunteered to take this ride with Ros and I can forgive some miscues in timing and ship date.
Ros has taken on a huge project, maybe even a little more than he counted on, but let's be civil, fair and respectful. We're not animals so let's rise above this, take a couple deeps breaths and give him the benefit of the doubt.
As an early buyer, I personally believe Ros will deliver on this book.
Last edited by johnsaidwhat on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnholyDemon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by UnholyDemon »

PterCriss wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:22 pmTHOSE WHO HAVE FUNDED THIS ENDEAVOR - Yes they 100% do have a right to contact Ros and get the latest details. The FAQ is not that direct line of contacting Ros is it? Ros does reach out and contact the people that pre-paid if they have questions.
As I stated earlier....
UnholyDemon wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:42 pmThen he should stay off here and quit hyping something that does not exist if you are so scared of boogeymen with pitchforks!
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

johnsaidwhat wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:30 pm Yes, I'm anxious, yes, I'm frustrated, yes, I truly hope there's not another delay.
But I volunteered to take this ride with Ros and I can forgive some miscues in timing and ship date.
Ros has taken on a huge project, maybe even a little more than he counted on, but let's be civil, fair and respectful. We're not animals so let's rise above this, take a couple deeps breaths and give him the benefit of the doubt.
As an early buyer, I personally believe Ros This will deliver this on this book.
Best post of the night. Also, any delays will result in a better book.
douglasroads
Banned

Post by douglasroads »

It is interesting that ‘Pter’, who will pick up on any perceived slight, will argue on any minor point concerning his artfully clumsy postings, has ignored several clear inferences in this thread and on others that he is a banned user.

His participation on this thread is a case in point. There is no consistency in the stances he takes. He just adopts a position that will gain him the six pages of conflict he craves.

Elsewhere - the Amazon comparison is a wild one isn’t it. I understand your unquestioning support if the author is a personal friend but for heaven’s sake that’s a mad stretch.

What is happening, again, is that some friends and backers are throwing up a smoke screen of virtue signals, claiming that pitchforks and flaming torches are out, when in reality, some basic and obvious questions have been asked about a Kiss related project on a Kiss fan forum.

Speculating about the technical issues that might be delaying, and delaying, this project is perfectly reasonable, and extends some credit that the delays aren’t entirely self imposed. We aren’t talking about delays in terms of weeks here remember. This saga has run for years.

The guy is clearly up against SOMETHING in his efforts to nail this thing down and get it to his customers.
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

douglasroads wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:45 pm It is interesting that ‘Pter’, who will pick up on any perceived slight, will argue on any minor point concerning his artfully clumsy postings, has ignored several clear inferences in this thread and on others that he is a banned user.

His participation on this thread is a case in point. There is no consistency in the stances he takes. He just adopts a position that will gain him the six pages of conflict he craves.

Elsewhere - the Amazon comparison is a wild one isn’t it. I understand your unquestioning support if the author is a personal friend but for heaven’s sake that’s a mad stretch.

What is happening, again, is that some friends and backers are throwing up a smoke screen of virtue signals, claiming that pitchforks and flaming torches are out, when in reality, some basic and obvious questions have been asked about a Kiss related project on a Kiss fan forum.

Speculating about the technical issues that might be delaying, and delaying, this project is perfectly reasonable, and extends some credit that the delays aren’t entirely self imposed. We aren’t talking about delays in terms of weeks here remember. This saga has run for years.

The guy is clearly up against SOMETHING in his efforts to nail this thing down and get it to his customers.
SOMETHING in capitals...to big it up...like some great conspiracy.

The book is due in December. If a deal is done with the band, chances are it may be delayed a bit longer. That’s where we stand. No need to try to make a bigger deal of it.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

Did you preorder it?
You didn't pre-order but have the most post in this thread. All your doing is tiring the pot. I have asked questions directly to Ros or posted a general question about the book and it's delivery. What is this stance b.s you keep talking about? I want to see the book come out because it looks amazing. Ros has put in a massive amount of work and has been extremely transparent thru the process. That's my stance. Oh, and when I see a handful of people turn on Ros (this group mostly didn't pre-order) then I will voice my opinion.

Nothing in Ros' book or process has been "troubled" as you put it. That one comment from you shows you have zero grasp on reality and that you only like to stir the post as much as possible. What RED FLAGS did you see? You talk in riddles and have issues getting to the point.

Great comeback! Who says that? Oh and I take it you're "design for print professional"? I doubt it. Where did you goto school? Where do you work? Show us some your work. Based on your comment that I put in bold letters I can tell you're more then jealous of Ros and his book. That happens in the world of print and publishing. I know a thing or two about the creative world and your bitterness will get you nowhere.

Your account was created in 2019, which banned user are you?
Last edited by PterCriss on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
douglasroads
Banned

Post by douglasroads »

Not to big it up at all. Just, yes, I guess to emphasise, the point, that this thing has overshot its initial estimates by years.The band involvement delay is merely the most recent of many. Something - in small letters this time, more than turning up another few new photos, has to be in play to knock this thing back as often as it has been. The new material issue has been fairly addressed here so many times. There are an infinite number of photographs of Kiss out there in the world. You can’t delay this thing until you have located and considered every last one of them.

Have we not now dismissed any possibility of the book being delivered by Christmas?
douglasroads
Banned

Post by douglasroads »

PterCriss wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:00 am

Did you preorder it?
You didn't pre-order but have the most post in this thread. All your doing is tiring the pot. Your account was created in 2019, which banned user are you?
What aboutery at its clumsiest! You’ll not get your six pages and then a lock down from me ‘Pter’.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

Under The Rose wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:43 am The book is due in December. If a deal is done with the band, chances are it may be delayed a bit longer. That’s where we stand. No need to try to make a bigger deal of it.
It's mid October. According to the author, the book is not finished. According to the same source, printing takes at least a month. Last word is "we are on track to ship in December". Maybe I need help with my maths but I just can't see how this adds up.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

douglasroads wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:01 am Not to big it up at all. Just, yes, I guess to emphasise, the point, that this thing has overshot its initial estimates by years.The band involvement delay is merely the most recent of many. Something - in small letters this time, more than turning up another few new photos, has to be in play to knock this thing back as often as it has been. The new material issue has been fairly addressed here so many times. There are an infinite number of photographs of Kiss out there in the world. You can’t delay this thing until you have located and considered every last one of them.

Have we not now dismissed any possibility of the book being delivered by Christmas?
What's your deal? How many post do you have to make ragging on the book, it's delays, smart ass comments about Ros adding new additional photo's and the last shit comment about it not being delivered by Christmas because you say so.

Really? What's up with you? You've flooded this thread and you probably are the one that got the last one delated. You know Ros isn't going to post directly to any of your comments so you keep posting and mocking people.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

Tito wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:07 am
Under The Rose wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:43 am The book is due in December. If a deal is done with the band, chances are it may be delayed a bit longer. That’s where we stand. No need to try to make a bigger deal of it.
It's mid October. According to the author, the book is not finished. According to the same source, printing takes at least a month. Last word is "we are on track to ship in December". Maybe I need help with my maths but I just can't see how this adds up.
So according to the deadline he has until Nov 15-17 to start printing?
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Under The Rose wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:39 pm

You really don't think customers, who have already paid, are entitled to any updates and information on the progress? They should just shut up, sit and wait?

I can't agree at all - didn't someone in here say he paid 36 months ago? And the book has been delayed a few times.

And you don't think it's odd that there's a November 1st deadline to buy the Deluxe version, for a book that doesn't exist? And why it's been stated (when I last saw) that there were "47 left" when no books even exist? So obviously Ros is trying to get 47 more people to buy the Deluxe version by Nov. 1st....you don't even want to know why? Like I said, that looks like Vinnie-type stuff....I think people need to know the truth as far as what is really happening.
Nellcote71
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

It’s obvious he isn’t hitting yet another deadline he gave for delivering this book. I feel like there is some “stringing along going on” - so I requested a refund from Ros and was respectfully granted one. I will purchase this if and when it actually comes out - and if and when I can see G&P didn’t neuter the original project....
BatLizardDemon
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by BatLizardDemon »

I’m actually glad that Ros isn’t currently responding to this thread. The back and forth isn’t really making anyone who invested in the book feel any better about its progress (or in this case, lack of). I’m still in for now, but I imagine that MAGIC will be on life support, once the “by Christmas” commitment is not honored. That will be the jumping off point for perhaps enough people to completely sink the project. The amount of refunds requested could be staggering, since the realization that yet another year of unfulfilled deadlines have passed. I’m not slamming anyone. This is simply an observation of a very probable scenario. We should be prepared.
misterhand80

Post by misterhand80 »

In this and previous threads, along with some Facebook postings, there have been people requesting refunds. Adding more Deluxe Editions might mean that there have been more cancellations so there are available stock. I believe the Deluxe Versions come with the Phantom magazine supplement.

My concern is that there will be a greater amount of requests for refunds when December comes and goes with a new update from Ros.

Ros being silent now without addressing simple requests I’ve made in this thread is troubling. The editors silence is not good in this matter.
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Maybe Vinnie can save Magic? Anyone know if he's busy?
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

misterhand80 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:35 am In this and previous threads, along with some Facebook postings, there have been people requesting refunds. Adding more Deluxe Editions might mean that there have been more cancellations so there are available stock. I believe the Deluxe Versions come with the Phantom magazine supplement.

My concern is that there will be a greater amount of requests for refunds when December comes and goes with a new update from Ros.

Ros being silent now without addressing simple requests I’ve made in this thread is troubling. The editors silence is not good in this matter.
I think it's wise to not answer every petulant question that comes up here. He has given the answers he can. Let him for effs sake continue with the work.
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

jannep17 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:20 am
misterhand80 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:35 am In this and previous threads, along with some Facebook postings, there have been people requesting refunds. Adding more Deluxe Editions might mean that there have been more cancellations so there are available stock. I believe the Deluxe Versions come with the Phantom magazine supplement.

I think it's wise to not answer every petulant question that comes up here. He has given the answers he can. Let him for effs sake continue with the work.
Couldn't agree more.
Also, PterCriss and Johnsaidwhat were hitting the nail on its head in this thread.
Relax people!
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

redinthesky wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:05 am

You really don't think customers, who have already paid, are entitled to any updates and information on the progress? They should just shut up, sit and wait?

I can't agree at all - didn't someone in here say he paid 36 months ago? And the book has been delayed a few times.

And you don't think it's odd that there's a November 1st deadline to buy the Deluxe version, for a book that doesn't exist? And why it's been stated (when I last saw) that there were "47 left" when no books even exist? So obviously Ros is trying to get 47 more people to buy the Deluxe version by Nov. 1st....you don't even want to know why? Like I said, that looks like Vinnie-type stuff....I think people need to know the truth as far as what is really happening.
To be honest, I can’t be arsed replying. If you don’t understand the concept of limited edition, then I’m not going to waste my time explaining.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Under The Rose wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:42 am
redinthesky wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:05 am

To be honest, I can’t be arsed replying. If you don’t understand the concept of limited edition, then I’m not going to waste my time explaining.
I understand the concept of Limited Edition. What I do not understand is putting a deadline on to buy something that doesn't exist, and saying "47 left" to get people to hurry up and buy a book that doesn't exist by a certain date.

I seriously doubt that if Deluxe Edition orders came in on Nov 2nd, 5th and 7th that those checks would be returned or orders canceled.
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

Thats not so difficult to explain imo.
You need to order a certain amount of deluxe versions at the printer's. You can only sell the amount that you have ordered to print and/or have in stock.

And what's with the "someone paid 36 months ago"?
Really?!
This thing started with a kickstarter campaign that didn't make it. After that the author came with a new plan to raise funds. I think the funding amount that he was aiming for was met somewhere in August 2018. So, 36 months?! Sounds bizarre to me.