The earliest cover of a KISS song?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
RoomService
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: The earliest cover of a KISS song?

Post by RoomService »

KRR[Jelle] wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:56 pm Hi @Roomservice...
can you make me photo or scan of this 8 track tape , so I can list the details to my website https://www.kiss-related-recordings.nl/ ... sions.html

As far as I know the oldest KISS cover song is Let Me Go Rock 'n Roll (as "WC-Papaperi-75") by Finish band DEAD END 5, which is released on their "Finnlevy" vinyl LP ‎– SFLP 9593 see : https://www.kiss-related-recordings.nl/ ... 4_hth.html
Here you go. If these images are too huge to be posted, go ahead and grab them so I can remove them.

BC Witch
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by BC Witch »

mamado wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:46 pm
BC Witch wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:36 pm Yeah, it's not great but their first LP 'Sheer Greed' is brilliant. They did the original version of 'Hollywood Tease' (Phil Lewis was in Girl). Un-PC lyrics and all...

With all due respect, not my kinda thang... But, hey... To each his/her/their own!!! It's only rock 'n' roll!!! :sunny: :cheers: :flower: :thumleft:
Yeah they were a really divisive band at the time (and still are it seems!). I really like their UFO meets Sex Pistols vibe but totally get why folks don't dig it.
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

RoomService wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:49 pm
can you make me photo or scan of this 8 track tape , so I can list the details to my website https://www.kiss-related-recordings.nl/ ... sions.html

As far as I know the oldest KISS cover song is Let Me Go Rock 'n Roll (as "WC-Papaperi-75") by Finish band DEAD END 5, which is released on their "Finnlevy" vinyl LP ‎– SFLP 9593 see : https://www.kiss-related-recordings.nl/ ... 4_hth.html
Here you go. If these images are too huge to be posted, go ahead and grab them so I can remove them.

That's fascinating that they've mentioned the original artists on there. Never seen that on one of these type albums before, usually just the titles and the name of the cover band.
RoomService
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by RoomService »

BC Witch wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:53 pm That's fascinating that they've mentioned the original artists on there. Never seen that on one of these type albums before, usually just the titles and the name of the cover band.
So this is happening... haha

BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

RoomService wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:10 pm
BC Witch wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:53 pm That's fascinating that they've mentioned the original artists on there. Never seen that on one of these type albums before, usually just the titles and the name of the cover band.
So this is happening... haha

Cool! Can't wait to hear it.
Metalion_SOS
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Metalion_SOS »

Here's Girls' Hard Luck Woman:
KRR[Jelle]
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by KRR[Jelle] »

RoomService wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:49 pm

@Roomservice : THANKS FOR THE IMAGES
C
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by C »

I'm 100% Sure i listened to a cover of Paul's solo "It's allright" back in the mid 80's, it was done by some girls group, like Bananarama or something like that, but i still can't find who recorded that
EggFlip
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by EggFlip »

Awesome black diamond cover
Poison played come on and love me in a new York show I think in 1988.

In the Suds wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:28 pm
Deuce1231 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:19 pm The Replacements covered Black Diamond in 1984. That's about as early as I know of...

EDIT: Having listened to this cover for the first time in ages, I'd say it's safe to say Paul Westerberg made Kurt Cobain sound like Paul Stanley in comparison to Nirvana's cover of Do You Love Me... :lol:

This cover is amazing.

Paul Westerberg is a great singer and The Replacements are one of the greatest bands of all time.