KISS and Tell Gordon Gebert

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
spacemanjack
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: KISS and Tell Gordon Gebert

Post by spacemanjack »

I read it... part of me believes most of these stories are true and R.I.P. to the Frehley family dog Blondie.
Kloetenburger
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kloetenburger »

In 1994 or '95, when Ace was the special guest at some Kiss Conventions, a good friend of mine was a local security at one of the venues of the Convention tour. He was very close to Ace that day. Of course Ace showed up late at the venue (almost three hours), he was drunk and popped some pills every 30 minutes. He had zero interest to appear there and it showed. After the rushed signing and Q & A sessions it was announced that Ace is going to play 3 songs with a tribute band. It was also contractually recorded by the promoter and all. However, Ace refused to come out of his wardrobe. Instead he was masturbating (!) while the door was open and for anyone backstage to see. He said that he won't come out and that Kiss fans disgust him and that they can all go to hell. He was also doing a lot of coke that day. He was a complete mess and an asshole to anyone and everyone around him...and to the fans.
Thunderous_Lay
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

Kloetenburger wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:47 am In 1994 or '95, when Ace was the special guest at some Kiss Conventions, a good friend of mine was a local security at one of the venues of the Convention tour. He was very close to Ace that day. Of course Ace showed up late at the venue (almost three hours), he was drunk and popped some pills every 30 minutes. He had zero interest to appear there and it showed. After the rushed signing and Q & A sessions it was announced that Ace is going to play 3 songs with a tribute band. It was also contractually recorded by the promoter and all. However, Ace refused to come out of his wardrobe. Instead he was masturbating (!) while the door was open and for anyone backstage to see. He said that he won't come out and that Kiss fans disgust him and that they can all go to hell. He was also doing a lot of coke that day. He was a complete mess and an asshole to anyone and everyone around him...and to the fans.
Don't judge.

That's how they roll in Ace's home planet, Jendell.
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

Kloetenburger wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:47 am In 1994 or '95, when Ace was the special guest at some Kiss Conventions, a good friend of mine was a local security at one of the venues of the Convention tour. He was very close to Ace that day. Of course Ace showed up late at the venue (almost three hours), he was drunk and popped some pills every 30 minutes. He had zero interest to appear there and it showed. After the rushed signing and Q & A sessions it was announced that Ace is going to play 3 songs with a tribute band. It was also contractually recorded by the promoter and all. However, Ace refused to come out of his wardrobe. Instead he was masturbating (!) while the door was open and for anyone backstage to see. He said that he won't come out and that Kiss fans disgust him and that they can all go to hell. He was also doing a lot of coke that day. He was a complete mess and an asshole to anyone and everyone around him...and to the fans.
Doesn’t surprise me in the least. He’s still an asshole to fans, as recently as his Chesterfield (St. Louis) appearance.
Eddie Van Hazel
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

Wow....What happened in Chesterfield?
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

I wonder if Gordon would do the podcast after me banning him. LOL. All these years on and these books still have legs. Makes you wonder.
spacemanjack
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by spacemanjack »

Admin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:45 am I wonder if Gordon would do the podcast after me banning him. LOL. All these years on and these books still have legs. Makes you wonder.
Do you think his stories are true about Mr. Frehley?
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

Admin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:45 am I wonder if Gordon would do the podcast after me banning him. LOL. All these years on and these books still have legs. Makes you wonder.
Are you interested in having him on? I bet he’d love to do it.
GACatmandu

Post by GACatmandu »

I don't know if this has been brought up in this thread or not but for those of you saying that Gordon and Wendy haven't been sued for lying, in their books. It's very difficult for a famous public figure to sue someone for slander or whatever it would be that Ace would sue them for in these people's cases. Jerry Falwell once tried to sue Husler Magazine for slander for something they said about him and his mother that wasn't true, and it got thrown out of court due to Jerry Falwell being a famous public figure. I'm pretty sure it was Hustler Magazine, but I do know that it was an adult magazine of some kind.

This is the Jerry Falwell add right here
falwell-first-time.jpg
WI KISSfan
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by WI KISSfan »

Kissologist wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:58 am
spacemanjack wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:21 pm is there a pdf or e-book I can buy?
Yes.
https://www.amazon.com/KISS-Tell-Specia ... 8&qid=&sr=
Thanks for the link, but $9.99 for this e-book is about $8.99 too much.

Read Lydia's book.
spacemanjack
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by spacemanjack »

WI KISSfan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:25 am
spacemanjack wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:21 pm is there a pdf or e-book I can buy?
Yes.

Read Lydia's book.
Yeah, this book should not be 10 bucks, I finally got my hands on a copy and finished it on the plane to Hawai'i. Some of the stories made me cackle but it got old after awhile. Time to read Lydia's book.
Doose

Post by Doose »

If you want to get rid of Gordon Gebert, have him do Mitch Lafon's show. Artists seem to disappear after appearances on there.
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

Eddie Van Hazel wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:43 am Wow....What happened in Chesterfield?
Long story shorter, my friend and I ended up staying at the same hotel as Ace. The opening bands Angel, Starz and Enuff z Nuff were all staying there as well. I’m a huge fan of all four bands.

Long after the show was over, my friend and I were talking with Chip Z Nuff outside our hotel for quite a while; I’d met Chip before, am a huge fan, etc.

So anyway, at one point, we all hear this person yell, “hey, fuck off!” We all three look over to see who yelled at us: it was Ace. I jokingly yelled back “no, YOU fuck off!”

A few minutes later, my buddy and me go inside the hotel, following Ace kind of casually behind him. There were like less than 10 other fans patiently waiting inside the building to meet him. Everyone was quiet, respectful, and not rushing him, or anything close to being a hassle.

Ace’s two handlers then proceed to tell me “don’t do it guys. Just don’t. Don’t do it.”

We simply wanted to shake hands and say hi, maybe get a signature or a quick pic. Again, less than 10 of us. Ace ignored us completely, and had his guys walk him to the elevator, while still telling us to fuck off. I proceeded to tell Ace “great show and thanks for coming out and playing for us,” while the elevator doors were shutting, lol.

In all honesty, I had a proud papa moment that I wanted to share with Ace. My three year old boy’s first ever song to sing along with was “Rocking With The Boys”. In fact, he now calls it his song; “that’s my song, daddy! I wanna hear rockin’ wit da boys!” It was such a proud moment for me, for my infant child to sing an Ace song FIRST, and claim it as HIS song. I figured Ace would be moved by such story. It was inspiring. But, he snubbed me, as well as the other few patient fans who were waiting to have a quick fleeting moment with their hero.

But not on Ace’s watch. We didn’t buy the meet and greet, so therefore I guess we didn’t have any right whatever to approach him.

At first, I was in such shock that all that happened that I wasn’t upset. And hell, I’d met Punky and Frank from Angel which was a dream come true for me, and of course all the Starz guys I’d met again for he second time in my life, which was amazing. And Chip z Nuff never disappoints. So because of all that, the Ace encounter didn’t upset me at first.

It wasn’t until a couple weeks later when I realized, wow, Ace Frehley is a complete dick head to his fans.

There’s no reason for him to act this way to people who are simply there for a moment to give thanks and then gone shortly thereafter. 10 minutes out of his night was all it could’ve taken. He could’ve handled it with class and like he cared. NOPE.
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

spacemanjack wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:38 am
WI KISSfan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:25 am
Yes.

Read Lydia's book.
Yeah, this book should not be 10 bucks, I finally got my hands on a copy and finished it on the plane to Hawai'i. Some of the stories made me cackle but it got old after awhile. Time to read Lydia's book.

Yes, I don't know what the overall opinion of Lydia's book is on here. But I thought it was great. It's written in a way that seems to give you lots of background info on what was going on, what happened, who things happened to, etc. But she never comes across as bitter and "out to get" Peter.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

StarChildBlade wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 am
Are you interested in having him on? I bet he’d love to do it.
Oh, I'd have him on. He has stories. Might reach out to him one of these days...
Eddie Van Hazel
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

Thanks for sharing that story StarChildBlade. Sorry to read that Ace treated you and the others like that.

At least the guys from the other bands were cool.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

Admin wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:35 am He didn't get sued, so that speaks volumes. Neither did Wendy. He's annoying though, hence why he was banned.
While I believe Gordon, simply not getting sued doesn't mean much if the person doesn't have a lot of money.

If the person you are suing doesn't have a lot of money, you are not going to get a lawyer willing to work for a percentage. And if you have to pay for a lawyer out of pocket to sue someone that doesn't have much, you really are just hitting yourself in the face.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Oh, that's true too. And if you're known to be lazy. Still, considering it came out during the reunion, surely KISS' hungry lawyers would have feasted had there been something to snack on. You know, just for fun?
Lofton23rdSt

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Why would Ace yell fuck off to people who didn't go up to him? I've heard so many bad stories about Ace with the fans that I've never paid to get his autograph at a convention. I personally don't believe he's still sober.
AMILLIONTO1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by AMILLIONTO1 »

I believe all the stories in that book. Again, the worst had to be the fan with the computer. I think if he was lying, i believe he would have gotten sued. another tell tell sign, NOT ONE of Ace's "friends" rebuked any of it. not one person has come out and said that was BS.

It wasn't.
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

elleneff wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:59 pm
steveh67 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:53 pm These parasites released these books when the reunion took over.

Anyone who thinks they did for anything other than money is kidding themselves.

Of course, we aren't all perfect, and Ace Frehley would certainly have plenty of skeletons hiding away.

But, Gerbert was a money seeking piece of shit, and I never entertained the idea of buying his book of shit.
So....... they both took the Kiss modus operandi.

You think Kiss since 96 have done anything for anything more than the money?

Gene doesn't write his books, he has them ghost written and adds his name.

How you described Gebert also describes Ace to a Tee.
Gene does not ghost write.
LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

I met him in the late 90's at a Convention,may have been Atlanta. He couldn't have been more friendly and nicer. Talked to me and my buddy about his book but mostly music that we all loved etc. Shook our hands and HE suggested we all take a pic together. So I personally had a good experience with him.

I loved the first book...I literally laughed out loud at some of the stories.
Deuce1231

Post by Deuce1231 »

Admin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:23 pm Oh, that's true too. And if you're known to be lazy. Still, considering it came out during the reunion, surely KISS' hungry lawyers would have feasted had there been something to snack on. You know, just for fun?
Bob McAdams lends a lot of credibility to the mix, too. People tend to forget he was the co-author, and he was really Ace's best friend for ages.
Deuce1231

Post by Deuce1231 »

GACatmandu wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:08 am I don't know if this has been brought up in this thread or not but for those of you saying that Gordon and Wendy haven't been sued for lying, in their books. It's very difficult for a famous public figure to sue someone for slander or whatever it would be that Ace would sue them for in these people's cases. Jerry Falwell once tried to sue Husler Magazine for slander for something they said about him and his mother that wasn't true, and it got thrown out of court due to Jerry Falwell being a famous public figure. I'm pretty sure it was Hustler Magazine, but I do know that it was an adult magazine of some kind.

falwell-first-time.jpg
It was Hustler Magazine. The case you're referencing is Hustler Magazine v. Fallwell, 485 U.S. 46 (1988)

More than likely, instead of parody, since this is all claimed to be true, any court would treat such a case with the New York Times Malice standard, as in New York Times v. Sullivan, 376 US 254 (1964). Much of the Hustler opinion was rooted in analysis of New York Times v. Sullivan. But the difference is the idea of parody being so outlandish that the ordinary person would be hard pressed to believe it as opposed to the personal anecdotes of former (or current) friends of a public figure who feel the need to exact an amount of personal revenge. Even then, if it's true, the burden required for a public persona, specifically one who thrusts himself or herself into the public light of their own will, to sustain a cause of action for defamation is not met.
spacemanjack
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by spacemanjack »

I also found out from Gordon's book Jeanette backed into Blondie. What a beautiful dog RIP.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

StarChildBlade wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:27 pm
steveh67 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:53 pm These parasites released these books when the reunion took over.

Of course, we aren't all perfect, and Ace Frehley would certainly have plenty of skeletons hiding away.

But, Gerbert was a money seeking piece of shit, and I never entertained the idea of buying his book of shit.

Agreed, his books have a flow that is exactly how he speaks! Sometimes long winded, sometimes snobbish, 2 paragraphs to make a point that could be made in 1..
He'd work with an editor; but I dont believe he ghost writes at all..
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

Gordon would be an excellent guest for Kissfaq podcast. I'm sure it would be an interesting interview. Julian is a great interviewer!
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Phyllis Simmons wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:00 pm

Agreed, his books have a flow that is exactly how he speaks! Sometimes long winded, sometimes snobbish, 2 paragraphs to make a point that could be made in 1..
He'd work with an editor; but I dont believe he ghost writes at all..
IMO, he dictates his train of thoughts to an Editor and they write it for him.
Do I believe Gene sits at the laptop and types away? Not a chance. I mean, you can barely get him to come up with a song on his own.....
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Doose wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:27 pm If you want to get rid of Gordon Gebert, have him do Mitch Lafon's show. Artists seem to disappear after appearances on there.
lol. Harsh man...but...yeah
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

StarChildBlade wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:58 pm
Eddie Van Hazel wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:43 am Wow....What happened in Chesterfield?
Long story shorter, my friend and I ended up staying at the same hotel as Ace. The opening bands Angel, Starz and Enuff z Nuff were all staying there as well. I’m a huge fan of all four bands.

Long after the show was over, my friend and I were talking with Chip Z Nuff outside our hotel for quite a while; I’d met Chip before, am a huge fan, etc.

So anyway, at one point, we all hear this person yell, “hey, fuck off!” We all three look over to see who yelled at us: it was Ace. I jokingly yelled back “no, YOU fuck off!”

A few minutes later, my buddy and me go inside the hotel, following Ace kind of casually behind him. There were like less than 10 other fans patiently waiting inside the building to meet him. Everyone was quiet, respectful, and not rushing him, or anything close to being a hassle.

Ace’s two handlers then proceed to tell me “don’t do it guys. Just don’t. Don’t do it.”

We simply wanted to shake hands and say hi, maybe get a signature or a quick pic. Again, less than 10 of us. Ace ignored us completely, and had his guys walk him to the elevator, while still telling us to fuck off. I proceeded to tell Ace “great show and thanks for coming out and playing for us,” while the elevator doors were shutting, lol.

In all honesty, I had a proud papa moment that I wanted to share with Ace. My three year old boy’s first ever song to sing along with was “Rocking With The Boys”. In fact, he now calls it his song; “that’s my song, daddy! I wanna hear rockin’ wit da boys!” It was such a proud moment for me, for my infant child to sing an Ace song FIRST, and claim it as HIS song. I figured Ace would be moved by such story. It was inspiring. But, he snubbed me, as well as the other few patient fans who were waiting to have a quick fleeting moment with their hero.

But not on Ace’s watch. We didn’t buy the meet and greet, so therefore I guess we didn’t have any right whatever to approach him.

At first, I was in such shock that all that happened that I wasn’t upset. And hell, I’d met Punky and Frank from Angel which was a dream come true for me, and of course all the Starz guys I’d met again for he second time in my life, which was amazing. And Chip z Nuff never disappoints. So because of all that, the Ace encounter didn’t upset me at first.

It wasn’t until a couple weeks later when I realized, wow, Ace Frehley is a complete dick head to his fans.

There’s no reason for him to act this way to people who are simply there for a moment to give thanks and then gone shortly thereafter. 10 minutes out of his night was all it could’ve taken. He could’ve handled it with class and like he cared. NOPE.
Yeah, Theres more unpleasant stories about Ace than good tbh. Trading off being the funny lovable goof from the 70s.
He simply looks at Kiss fans and their blinkers as his ATM. He has no regard, no respect or even looks at KIss fans as anything more than ready cash.

Before anyone says, hey there Ace basher, you Tommy lover etc. Ace in his day up to 80 he was superb when he was on. he was magnificent.
In Tommys defence -He treats the role with far more respect than Ace ever did.

AS a human being the guy is pretty reprehensible IMO.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

The conclusion is that Ace is allowed to be a dickhead, but Vinnie is not.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Kisscandinavia wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:52 am The conclusion is that Ace is allowed to be a dickhead, but Vinnie is not.
Not in my experience tbh.
Ill make NO excuses for Frehley or Cusano for that matter.

If the bottom line is , hey at least Ace still plays - Ace only plays when he is paid, IMO, never sounds like he practices or picks it up unless he has to.
If some give Ace a free pass, despite everything, then that's their right it guess.....(at this juncture) lol
AceyAintInCharge
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AceyAintInCharge »

I have read his books. I have to agree they sound an awful lot like the man. He would have to have been integrally involved at least, IMO.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

AceyAintInCharge wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:49 am

I have read his books. I have to agree they sound an awful lot like the man
That's the job of a Ghost writer.
AceyAintInCharge
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AceyAintInCharge »

elleneff wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:12 am
Kisscandinavia wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:52 am The conclusion is that Ace is allowed to be a dickhead, but Vinnie is not.
Not in my experience tbh.
Ill make NO excuses for Frehley or Cusano for that matter.

If the bottom line is , hey at least Ace still plays - Ace only plays when he is paid, IMO, never sounds like he practices or picks it up unless he has to.
If some give Ace a free pass, despite everything, then that's their right it guess.....(at this juncture) lol
There is very little in common between Vinnie’s mentally deranged behavior and Ace being the Rockstar he’s always been.
How many rock stars do you know that left their band of fame almost 40 years ago and still have albums that are charting and at times can pull in up to 1,200 people.
And we can’t forget the almost 5 albums put out in 12 years.
We can’t be having this conversation right? Their careers have absolutely nothing in common other than that they happen to play for said band.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

StarChildBlade wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:27 pm Gene does not ghost write.
Do yourself and google Ben Greenman...
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

Admin wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:41 am
So he helped Gene co-write his autobiography. That’s all I’ve found.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

Deuce1231 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:01 pm
GACatmandu wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:08 am I don't know if this has been brought up in this thread or not but for those of you saying that Gordon and Wendy haven't been sued for lying, in their books. It's very difficult for a famous public figure to sue someone for slander or whatever it would be that Ace would sue them for in these people's cases. Jerry Falwell once tried to sue Husler Magazine for slander for something they said about him and his mother that wasn't true, and it got thrown out of court due to Jerry Falwell being a famous public figure. I'm pretty sure it was Hustler Magazine, but I do know that it was an adult magazine of some kind.

falwell-first-time.jpg
It was Hustler Magazine. The case you're referencing is Hustler Magazine v. Fallwell, 485 U.S. 46 (1988)

More than likely, instead of parody, since this is all claimed to be true, any court would treat such a case with the New York Times Malice standard, as in New York Times v. Sullivan, 376 US 254 (1964). Much of the Hustler opinion was rooted in analysis of New York Times v. Sullivan. But the difference is the idea of parody being so outlandish that the ordinary person would be hard pressed to believe it as opposed to the personal anecdotes of former (or current) friends of a public figure who feel the need to exact an amount of personal revenge. Even then, if it's true, the burden required for a public persona, specifically one who thrusts himself or herself into the public light of their own will, to sustain a cause of action for defamation is not met.
Right Falwell admitted on stand that no reasonable person would ever think the cartoon was true there for there was no damage.
px74

Post by px74 »

20190728_103725.jpg
I once flew to Brisbane to see Ace play and literally bumped into him at the airport. I asked him for an auto and a local handler said no, Ace had to leave asap to arrive to the venue. I was not going to argue or cause a fuss but Ace literally said, no that's ok and that he was happy to sign. I rummaged through my bag to find a magazine I intended to have signed later at the M and G. He patiently waited that half minute or so and proceeded to give the most beautiful signature. Still one of my fave pieces. Goes to show there are always 2 sides of the coin!

Just after it a lady who witnessed him signing asked who it was. When I showed her the magazine cover she was genuinely shocked. I mean this was 2010 and he looked nothing like the Destroyer era Ace I showed her.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Come on Mr Gill, dont resort to using facts in a discussion.
Curiosly, the argument , but it sounds like Gene wrote it and his very much his voice, well...that what a ghost writer does. and if he does it well, youd never know.
and to this day most either dont or refuse to acknowledge it. Why destroy the image ?
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

StarChildBlade wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:36 pm
So he helped Gene co-write his autobiography. That’s all I’ve found.
Do you know how these books work right?
Gene (or the subject in question) doesnt physically sit down and write.
They are questioned by the ghost writer /editor about eras and topics, anecdotes, and they record it all and then go away and write it?
You think Brian Wilson wrote his own autobiography? or George Clinton
What collaborate means is they .ie Ben does all the hard work and the subject takes the credit
You think Ace actually sat down and wrote his own book, no Regrets or, maybe , Joe Layden sat him down and got the stories, the stuff he wanted to cover, the stuff he decided to ignore (Jenettes, Wendy Moore, his penchant for debauched activity (sic) and drug taking etc and then ...(wait for it) write it for him.....

Interestingly , at odds to this is Debbies Harrys forthcoming autobiography. I can state as fact she damn well wrote it all her self. Its been edited and tidied up, but she sure as hell physically wrote all of it.
zach2442
Banned

Post by zach2442 »

Heartofchrome wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:00 am
SpaceJan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:29 am "Interesting" read:

"There is only one secret I kept out of the book; it is about Paul Stanley, which I revealed in the 2nd book. And I also chose not to disclose how Ace hides his drugs when he travels"

:roll: :roll: :roll:
And that secret was?
In reference to Ace, traveling with bottle of "baby powder " :wink:
JupiterJones
Banned

Post by JupiterJones »

“Little” Eric Singer.
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

I wonder what Paul secret she is talking about?
Kisscomplicated
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Kisscomplicated »

andreww1962 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:57 am
Wiped Out 78 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:49 am Never read his book, but have interacted with him on various KISS forums. Douche.
Is he a douche? To tell you the truth I find a lot of Kiss fans to be douchey. Blind sheep regurgitating whatever Gene & Paul or Ace tell them. Its difficult casting negative light on the band, even if its the truth.
Yet here YOU are regurgitating your own tripe , so why should we/they listen to you? Do YOU have personal insight into the band ? Have you interacted with them ? My gut feeling is no you have not. What I have seen over 48 years of being a fan is people catching the coatails of KISS , these people would be unknown if were not for KISS , or their association with KISS. They make their allegations , write a book , get their 15 minutes, and that's all from them. KISS goes on year after year , they remain popular the world over. Do I think all is rosey and has been in the KISS camp all of these years , and agree with everything they say or do ? , Not hardly. Does that fact change my Fandom? No. They are human beings after all are they not ? We as fans even survive clap-trap from so-called fans who make blanket statements of opinion , as if such statements were fact simply because the person making them said so. Douchy? Do you have a mirror available to you kind Sir. ? Cheers !
lord71

Post by lord71 »

"And I also chose not to disclose how Ace hides his drugs when he travels"

Apparently she did in her first book...
sf1996
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by sf1996 »

I find it funny that no one mentioned that 'Kiss and Tell' was co-written with Ace's best friend since they were teenagers, Bob McAdams.
Bob played on Ace's '78 solo album, and was on most of the tours up to Dynasty as his friend and tech.
Read his stories, he saw everything first hand so I believe what he has to say.
Bob shared his stories with Gordon when they first met and they were the exactly the same.
As far as Ace being sober, sorry to bust your bubble, Ace didn't really make an effort to cut down on his addictions until just a few years ago.
Need proof?
Just watch the pre-tour interview for the 'Farewell' tour, Ace was beyond messed up.
So people will say "it was early, he was tired" sorry, he was out of it.
Ace has claimed for years the he was sober, he wasn't.
The O'Doul's bathtub story when he was putting Becks beer into the O'Doul's bottles to "prove" that he was sober, pretty sad.
Enjoy the music, don't praise the man as a "God"
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

sf1996 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:16 am As far as Ace being sober, sorry to bust your bubble, Ace didn't really make an effort to cut down on his addictions until just a few years ago.
Need proof?
Just watch the pre-tour interview for the 'Farewell' tour, Ace was beyond messed up.
That was 20+ years ago.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Tito wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 am
sf1996 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:16 am As far as Ace being sober, sorry to bust your bubble, Ace didn't really make an effort to cut down on his addictions until just a few years ago.
Need proof?
That was 20+ years ago.
Yes, and IIRC, that was also the day his Dad passed.
Doose

Post by Doose »

I wonder if Rachael Gordon signed an NDA? I wonder why she's not trying to write a book. Had she slammed out a book in time to coincide with the A&E doc being released, it might have had a chance. Then again, Vinnie could have done the same. Another blown opportunity for him.

I see Rachael's tweets and, as much as I think she crazy, I do feel bad for her.