OMG Ace...

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Kisscandinavia
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3744
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 pm

OMG Ace...

Post by Kisscandinavia »

User avatar
nightwingken
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Posts: 27195
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by nightwingken »

Not good at all
User avatar
Soylent Gene
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Soylent Gene »

Gloves are off.
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5669
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by In the Suds »

Fuck. That is very bad.


People are going try to shoot the messenger because it's coming from Rachael, but that is undoubtedly his voice and he is saying some extremely fucked up things.
Kisscandinavia
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3744
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Kisscandinavia »

If you don't like Rachael, that's fine, but some of her latest Facebook updates do say a lot about Ace.
If she can prove those things right, then the original spaceman might be in trouble. I hope she's wrong though.
User avatar
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by misterhand80 »

Did she drop this to TMZ yet?
StillAlive
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by StillAlive »

Does Alice drop him from the tour?
User avatar
Ack66
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:56 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Ack66 »

This is a bad situation indeed. Ace was my lifelong hero till just now.
User avatar
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by misterhand80 »

In the Suds wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:12 pm Fuck. That is very bad.


People are going try to shoot the messenger because it's coming from Rachael, but that is undoubtedly his voice and he is saying some extremely fucked up things.
So many questions...

Is this recording one of many?

Is this edited?

Is this a "loaded" Ace?
User avatar
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4939
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by TheSpoiler »

Its not showing up on my phone. What is it?
User avatar
steveh67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4270
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by steveh67 »

Rachel reads KISSFAQ...
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5669
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by In the Suds »

misterhand80 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:28 pm
In the Suds wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:12 pm Fuck. That is very bad.


People are going try to shoot the messenger because it's coming from Rachael, but that is undoubtedly his voice and he is saying some extremely fucked up things.
So many questions...

Is this recording one of many?

Is this edited?

Is this a "loaded" Ace?
I don't know the answers but I don't think it matters if it's edited. The words came out of his mouth and there's no context that could make them okay.
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5669
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by In the Suds »

TheSpoiler wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:30 pm Its not showing up on my phone. What is it?
It's a short recording of Ace saying horrifically anti-Semitic things.
User avatar
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by misterhand80 »

In the Suds wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:36 pm
misterhand80 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:28 pm
In the Suds wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:12 pm Fuck. That is very bad.


People are going try to shoot the messenger because it's coming from Rachael, but that is undoubtedly his voice and he is saying some extremely fucked up things.
So many questions...

Is this recording one of many?

Is this edited?

Is this a "loaded" Ace?
I don't know the answers but I don't think it matters if it's edited. The words came out of his mouth and there's no context that could make them okay.
Oh, I am not giving Ace a pass. I am saying there are more layers to dissect here. If this was 2019 and he was loaded, whatever that means, then that's another layer on top of the other stuff. If there are more recordings they could be worse.
User avatar
stutterer
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4601
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by stutterer »

This reminds me of school kids educating each other about the ways of the world. There's probably more, so Ace should consult Gene on what to do next.
Kisscandinavia
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3744
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Kisscandinavia »

Those who think that Gordon's book about Ace is BS (Or Wendy's) Think again...
User avatar
Greekiss
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:04 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Greekiss »

His voice is exactly like Robert Durst's from the ''Jinx'' documentary (an amazing one btw)
User avatar
Goodwilltowardsall
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 874
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Goodwilltowardsall »

Fucking piece of shit moron.
User avatar
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4939
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by TheSpoiler »

In the Suds wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:39 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:30 pm Its not showing up on my phone. What is it?
It's a short recording of Ace saying horrifically anti-Semitic things.
Ah. Fuck.
User avatar
jannep17
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11514
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by jannep17 »

Proves that you can be a bigoted fool and still be a good guitar player.
User avatar
Ack66
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:56 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Ack66 »

jannep17 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:57 pm Proves that you can be a bigoted fool and still be a good guitar player.
Guitar playing, at this point, is irrelevant. He’s a piece of shit.
Gene is KISS
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:42 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Gene is KISS »

If this recording is real is could mean the end of his carreer and the end of his chances to ever perform with Kiss again. Also what does this tell about his sobriety (does he sound drunk to you ?) If he's sober it's even worse...
Last edited by Gene is KISS on Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Planet Caravan
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5124
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Planet Caravan »

Not giving Ace a pass but...

* This is clearly an edited tape. It's only 1 minute long so any context has been purposely edited out, leaving only the most inflammatory bits.

* You can hear Rachel clearly trying to steer Ace into saying what she wants him to say & what will sound the worst. She's trying to stitch him up via hidden recording and its obvious. At one point she's even trying to put words in his mouth.

* He doesn't actually sound loaded to me, more tired. I myself have been mistaken for high when I was tired.


I would have liked to hear some context because it sounded like there was a lot more to the conversation however Rachel has edited it out, which to me is suspicious because if it was so bad she should have left it in.

I guess Rachel's money has run out and she's launching the nukes now. She's trying to get him "cancelled".

I wonder if Gene and Paul knew about this already.

And yes.... it sounds baaaad.
User avatar
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5157
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Doose »

She's saying this is from 2019 too.

Gee, I can't understand why Gene and Paul don't want to deal with Ace and Peter. lol Who needs this drama?
User avatar
richardsimmons
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3432
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:01 pm
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ Kizz-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by richardsimmons »

1) Ace is a fuckin scumbag.
2) Jewish people rock!
Ack66 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:27 pm This is a bad situation indeed. Ace was my lifelong hero till just now.
⬆️ I was thinking this too.
User avatar
DaveinSpain
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:42 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by DaveinSpain »

Absolutely horrible look for Ace. And what's worse is he didn't say some maybe mean things & we live in cancel culture. No he said some pretty F'kd up stuff clear as day. Absolutely no room for "taken out of context". But what happens? Seriously? He's barely a celebrity, barely. He's got money. Does he get kicked off the Alice tour? Possibly, but other then that what? He's 70 years old . He just goes off into retirement & that's that. What are we gonna do return our 40 year old Kiss albums? Are we not gonna buy anything new of his? Does anyone buy them now? Anybody gonna not buy a ticket to that last Kiss show because Ace won't be there to sing 2 songs? For the average casual rock fan this will just be a by line they scroll past on Facebook. A story on TMZ that last a day and the world will be on to new things. I don't think Ace Frehley is an important enough person for this to have any sort of impact whatsoever other then possibly being kicked off the Alice tour & I'm pretty sure that appearance at the last Kiss show isn't gonna happen. Other then that it's just gonna be something for us to talk about and that's about it. It's a damn shame he said this,drunk or not. Everyone loved Ace, he was always my favorite. Guess I ought to change that avatar.
Last edited by DaveinSpain on Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Ack66
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:56 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Ack66 »

First Charlie Watts dies, now this shit. My world has changed.
StillAlive
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by StillAlive »

Hey Ace, anti-semitism is not cool.
User avatar
Potato Salad
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1460
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:35 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Potato Salad »

Yeah, he's done.
User avatar
DemonFilth2001
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:12 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

This was already posted about a year ago. Or she played it on one of those awful amateur radio interviews maybe. It’s already out there, anyway.
User avatar
Mackemkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Mackemkiss »

What an idiot. So stupid and ill-informed.
User avatar
Bing80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:43 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Bing80 »

Somewhat surprised that some people are surprised here? As the curtain lifted on this man many years ago we gained sad insights as to his nature.
User avatar
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1908
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:59 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Kissoff »

Speechless.
User avatar
LoveGun77
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6430
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago,IL

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by LoveGun77 »

Ack66 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 am First Charlie Watts dies, now this shit. My world has changed.
Your world changed because a guy you didn't know passes away and another said some dumb things?
User avatar
Ratmir
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5487
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:23 am
Location: Uralsk, KZ

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Ratmir »

Gene had been saying it for years about Ace
User avatar
ankh
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 938
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:34 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by ankh »

Planet Caravan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:09 am Not giving Ace a pass but...

* This is clearly an edited tape. It's only 1 minute long so any context has been purposely edited out, leaving only the most inflammatory bits.

* You can hear Rachel clearly trying to steer Ace into saying what she wants him to say & what will sound the worst. She's trying to stitch him up via hidden recording and its obvious. At one point she's even trying to put words in his mouth.

* He doesn't actually sound loaded to me, more tired. I myself have been mistaken for high when I was tired.


I would have liked to hear some context because it sounded like there was a lot more to the conversation however Rachel has edited it out, which to me is suspicious because if it was so bad she should have left it in.

I guess Rachel's money has run out and she's launching the nukes now. She's trying to get him "cancelled".

I wonder if Gene and Paul knew about this already.

And yes.... it sounds baaaad.
I agree with most of what you say

The nonsense he's spewing here is nothin new...it is not the first time that he make a fool out of himself with his rubbish prejudices..... but the fact that someone is clearly manipulating his washed out mind to make him look bad is even worse.It really sounds like it was a recorded on purpose, to the point that she repeats the question so people can clearly hear him utter such stupid sentences.

I can't help but wonder why this has been posted, And not becasue it is clear that someone is tryng to get revenge, but also because it is clear that it was prolly recorded secretly when they were still together.Talking about a hidden agenda..

Either way, it is beyond pathetic.
User avatar
Ack66
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:56 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Ack66 »

LoveGun77 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:42 am
Ack66 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 am First Charlie Watts dies, now this shit. My world has changed.
Your world changed because a guy you didn't know passes away and another said some dumb things?
Well of course not my literal world...but my musical world from my childhood certainly changed.
User avatar
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4939
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by TheSpoiler »

OK, I got to hear it.

Yes it's a bad look for Ace, but as someone said above, this has already been released/leaked, and it does sound like she's leading him on, and prompting him (repeatedly). Possibly edited too.

I'm not defending him even slightly, and Ace Frehley clearly is a total dick in real life, but this has been designed to make him look as bad as possible, IMHO.

Also - anyone, especially a partner, recording presumably private conversations, is trying to set that person up.
User avatar
TheKISSProject7312
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu May 06, 2021 6:47 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by TheKISSProject7312 »

Ace is done. Once this gets picked up, Ace is fucking done.
StillAlive
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by StillAlive »

LoveGun77 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:42 am Your world changed because a guy you didn't know…said some dumb things?
Finding out that one of your childhood idols is a racist (or a pedophile or some other unforgivable scumbag, etc.) is a pretty big deal.

p.s. spewing disgusting, vile, racist filth is not simply saying “dumb things”.
User avatar
steveh67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4270
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by steveh67 »

I am not religious, and don't begin to fully understand the anti-jewish sentiment in some parts of the USA.

I have no jewish blood in me, as I come from English,Scottish, Irish and German ancestry in the 19th century.

My early ancestors were Vikings, and I am told I have a bit of Viking blood in me.

Sadly, some of my german ancestors were racists I found out when doing genealogy recently.

However, Ace does not look good here, I won't be burning my cds or dislike his music just same.

As a person, I would not be friends with Paul Frehley, famous Ace Frehley or not. He has a history of treating people like shit.
User avatar
Phyllis Simmons
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5847
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:50 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

I’d say Poodle definitely has a few of these recordings that she’s kept. As a couple of people said above - leading him on to say things, as she’s got her trusty iPhone out to record everything. Presumably as some sort of insurance for when the relationship goes sour, Ive got a few nasty tidbits to be putting out there.. and I want money….. and revenge.. Damnit… Yep we know what she wants by now..

Contents is clearly indefensible, no question there - maybe Ace makes a statement - I don’t know. Not sure this is going to have legs though. All those allegations against Gene kinda quietly went away. And those that care (i.e. a few diehards) - know Ace has/ had an anti-Semitic side.. A side that he buy and large keeps in check. This moment here it was not kept in check; as Poodle was able to capture for posterity for us all.....
User avatar
Revenge 92
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1250
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:32 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Revenge 92 »

I'm not really shocked. Gene and Paul know about this strange side of Ace and so do we. Nothing new here, except for it being taped this time. Bravo Rachel, you saved the world. :roll:
kingofhearts86
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by kingofhearts86 »

Ace is still and will always be a fucking legend!
User avatar
John Shaft
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1115
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:10 am
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by John Shaft »

kingofhearts86 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:54 am Ace is still and will always be a fucking legend!
:roll:
User avatar
Ace of Bass
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2016
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:37 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Ace of Bass »

Bad, but probably not even in the top 10 of whacko things to come from Ace.
User avatar
Dark Horse 77
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:02 am

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Dark Horse 77 »

Ace saying something racist? Get outta here!
kingofhearts86
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by kingofhearts86 »

:lol: :lol:
User avatar
Hotter Than Heck
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2752
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:14 pm
Location: Detroit Rock City

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Hotter Than Heck »

Image
User avatar
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:10 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: OMG Ace...

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

Reminds me of those Christmases when there would be that dribbling old mess of an elderly relative that nobody really wanted there that would inevitably at some point start spouting reprehensible shit under the guise of "speaking his mind" and "telling it like it is" and where it became a competition to see who could egg him on to say even more outlandish stuff. And that's Ace, unfortunately.

Thank fuck for Peter...he's the only one of them that retains a shred of dignity these days.