BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

The Destroyer Box set is still MONTHS away from release and fans have either shot it dead or become ecstatic over the project. With respect to both sides one thing is clear NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING so can we just enjoy the present moment. For those of us excited about the D-45 box set, I know I can’t wait to hold the box and examine the cover graphics - opening it to see all the items tucked away will surely make my heart race!

I was only 2 when the album was released - so to have that mark in time (a time capsule) in one shot will truly be an awesome experience and I can’t wait to go through it. As a whole - it will not only touch upon but overpower everything I could have ever thought the band was during that time. Should I need anything else, there are other outlets and resources that are readily available i.e. youtube or the Kissology volumes.

Sure, there are other bands with packaging/content variations - but one thing is certain, none have the powers to match Space Ace, catman, demon or the starchild. For those that do not share the joy and pride in this project - simply don’t buy the product and empty your pockets on a lesser band - YES I use that terminology because the last time I checked this site is called KISSfaq - let’s give our band and this board the respect it deserves!
Julien
EXP20240130

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Julien »

Thank you. I'm excited for what D45SD will deliver and can't wait to hear all of it while flipping through the book and looking at the tchotchkes. This is the band I love, and whether or not you "like" D45SD (without hearing or holding) perhaps folks can be happy for those of us who are or simply celebrate the fact that it's been announced. Heck, that should be at least worthy of a slow clap!!
TheSpoiler
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by TheSpoiler »

I'd have thought this would be one release that would unify the remaining members of the Kiss Army. It really is one hell of a package, and they really have pulled it off properly this time.
OHKISSFAN
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Thank you. I'm excited for what D45SD will deliver and can't wait to hear all of it while flipping through the book and looking at the tchotchkes. This is the band I love, and whether or not you "like" D45SD (without hearing or holding) perhaps folks can be happy for those of us who are or simply celebrate the fact that it's been announced. Heck, that should be at least worthy of a slow clap!!
^^^
EXACTLY!

What KISS Fan in their right mind would be unhappy with this announced release??
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Julien wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:32 am Thank you. I'm excited for what D45SD will deliver and can't wait to hear all of it while flipping through the book and looking at the tchotchkes. This is the band I love, and whether or not you "like" D45SD (without hearing or holding) perhaps folks can be happy for those of us who are or simply celebrate the fact that it's been announced. Heck, that should be at least worthy of a slow clap!!
100% I can’t wait either
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

I agree. I am totally happy with the product that was put together….that’s why I pre-ordered it. Sure….l think they could have easily inserted Resurrected and also added some concert video (Anaheim). But I still think it’s a great package that celebrates all that is KISS & Destroyer. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for the next box set releases.
Going Blind
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Going Blind »

While I'm passing on this particular set, I have no room for every box set I want, I am glad they announced this. I thought this was the kind of thing they wouldn't release till they were off the road, but I guess covid changed those plans. If I have to pick one I will pick the Hotter Than Hell set if such a thing is in the works, drooling at the prospect of what it could possibly contain.
Last edited by Going Blind on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

OHKISSFAN wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:36 am
^^^
EXACTLY!

What KISS Fan in their right mind would be unhappy with this announced release??
No one here is unhappy with this announced release.

Sure some people may question what is on it or the price tag, but ultimately this has been the first KISS thing that pretty much has across the board support with people hoping for more albums to be done. I want it and a select few here think I totally hate KISS, but come here anyway.

I think this thread is an overreaction to a supposed problem that doesn't even really exist.
Demian1977
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Demian1977 »

I am totally onboard with this boxset and can’t wait to hear what future releases are in store depending on how well this one sells. IMO it’s the most exciting thing Kiss has put together in decades…
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:58 am
^^^
EXACTLY!

Sure some people may question what is on it or the price tag, but ultimately this has been the first KISS thing that pretty much has across the board support with people hoping for more albums to be done. I want it and a select few here think I totally hate KISS, but come here anyway.

I think this thread is an incorrect overreaction.
Thank you for your contribution.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Demian1977 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:03 am I am totally onboard with this boxset and can’t wait to hear what future releases are in store depending on how well this one sells. IMO it’s the most exciting thing Kiss has put together in decades…
YES!!
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:04 am
^^^
EXACTLY!

Thank you for this thread, johnkissfan1974. It needed to be said. Can't wait to jump into this box set when it arrives!

Let's hope this doesn't get threadjacked like so many others have been victim to.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

misterhand80 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:43 am
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:04 am

^^^
EXACTLY!

Thank you for this thread, johnkissfan1974. It needed to be said. Can't wait to jump into this box set when it arrives!

Let's hope this doesn't get threadjacked like so many others have been victim to.
🤞🏻 Lol
turbodrive
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by turbodrive »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:05 am
Demian1977 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:03 am I am totally onboard with this boxset and can’t wait to hear what future releases are in store depending on how well this one sells. IMO it’s the most exciting thing Kiss has put together in decades…
YES!!
^ This.
mrmajester
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mrmajester »

The debut would be a good one to do, throw in The Wicked Lester album and any live stuff from them aswell, Kramer's demos and whatever else they have.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

I’m looking forward to the box set and can’t wait to dive right in.
woodworm001
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by woodworm001 »

I'll be the first to admit that a month ago I would have said that no one needs another Destroyer release - but I can't remember the last time I was excited about a KISS release (possibly when Destroyer 35 was announced and there was speculation that it was 2 x CD set). I saw the original thread on here and had bought it immediately.

Destroyer isn't my favourite KISS album but if they did every album with a release like this then I would buy them all.
RockRadio883
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by RockRadio883 »

Is anyone else not that excited by demos? What I'm interested in are fully realized songs that were completely and properly recorded but left off the record. Springsteen put out a 4 disc set of nothing but album outtakes and it's a sin that some of this stuff has been left off the records. He's done 2 album box sets that feature tons of fully recorded songs done during the album sessions that didn't make the final cut. The River is a double album as it is and he still had 2 discs worth of material that didn't make the record. The man is a lunatic in terms of how much he recorded. These aren't duds, any one of them could stand their own against anything that made the record.

Of course I may be wishing for the impossible and maybe KISS didn't record this way. I wanna wake up tomorrow and find out there were 5 songs recorded for KISS and 4 songs recorded for Hotter Than Hell that didn't make the final album but could have, they were just cut. Fully recorded, fully done but have never seen the light of day. But again, I may be wishing for the impossible.
Going Blind
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Going Blind »

RockRadio883 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:33 am Is anyone else not that excited by demos? What I'm interested in are fully realized songs that were completely and properly recorded but left off the record. Springsteen put out a 4 disc set of nothing but album outtakes and it's a sin that some of this stuff has been left off the records. He's done 2 album box sets that feature tons of fully recorded songs done during the album sessions that didn't make the final cut. The River is a double album as it is and he still had 2 discs worth of material that didn't make the record. The man is a lunatic in terms of how much he recorded. These aren't duds, any one of them could stand their own against anything that made the record.

Of course I may be wishing for the impossible and maybe KISS didn't record this way. I wanna wake up tomorrow and find out there were 5 songs recorded for KISS and 4 songs recorded for Hotter Than Hell that didn't make the final album but could have, they were just cut. Fully recorded, fully done but have never seen the light of day. But again, I may be wishing for the impossible.
Kiss were constantly touring, there probably isn't that much finished stuff unreleased, these guys popped out 6 studio albums, 4 solo albums in 4 years. There was no time for that.
Springsteen probably just composed everything he thought of on an acoustic as he was traveling. He didn't necessarily have to be in a studio with other musicians to write. And for him that could be a finished song. Something like the Nebraska album.
Last edited by Going Blind on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

Really looking forward to this release. DESTROYER is my favorite studio lp.
The songs, the artwork, the time period. Awesomeness.
Hell I might even buy one of those record award things for my cat that they sell on KOL.
Goodwilltowardsall
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Goodwilltowardsall »

Going Blind wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:56 am While I'm passing on this particular set, I have no room for every box set I want, I am glad they announced this. I thought this was the kind of thing they wouldn't release till they were off the road, but I guess covid changed those plans. If I have to pick one I will pick the Hotter Than Hell set if such a thing is in the works, drooling at the prospect of what it could possibly contain.
As someone else remarked earlier, it would be great if Steven Wilson could his work his magic on HTH. I would be happy to fork out some cash for an interesting remix of that one.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

RockRadio883 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:33 am Is anyone else not that excited by demos? What I'm interested in are fully realized songs that were completely and properly recorded but left off the record. Springsteen put out a 4 disc set of nothing but album outtakes and it's a sin that some of this stuff has been left off the records. He's done 2 album box sets that feature tons of fully recorded songs done during the album sessions that didn't make the final cut. The River is a double album as it is and he still had 2 discs worth of material that didn't make the record. The man is a lunatic in terms of how much he recorded. These aren't duds, any one of them could stand their own against anything that made the record.

Springsteen sucks. I fucking hate his music and I’m from NJ. I LOVE DEMOS AND ANYTHING ELSE UNRELEASED BY KISS

Multiple takes wasn’t Kiss’ style and VH were also done in only 1 or 2 takes. So for alternate takes with Kiss, on average, there won’t be alot to release. The elder is an exception as Robert Conte told me there were 2-4 drawers full of material recorded between Ace in the Hole Studios and later by Ezrin sessions
StillAlive
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by StillAlive »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:18 am let’s give our band and this board the respect it deserves!
:salut:
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by battra »

^^^
EXACTLY!

One who thinks that the band shouldn't be doing the bare minimum on this and over charging?
battra

Post by battra »

1. I think this is a very good set.

2. I think this set at this price point is a total rip off.

These two things can exist in the same space.

I will not be purchasing it because there's not enough content to justify the price tag and I will be discussing it honestly.
EasyCatMan
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by EasyCatMan »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:35 am I'd have thought this would be one release that would unify the remaining members of the Kiss Army. It really is one hell of a package, and they really have pulled it off properly this time.

No, not really. Give us all the music and the book for $75 or so. Make some other option for those who desire all the "junk"

No Need or desire for any of this:
Additionally, the Super Deluxe box features an extravagant array of collectable KISS memorabilia and ephemera, including a complete recreation of the original KISS Army Kit with the original folder and KISS Army newsletter Volume 1 – No 2 announcing the original album; two 8×10 Destroyer press photos; discography sheet; band bio sheet; KISS Army member certificate and membership card; KISS logo iron-on; sticker; “Detroit Rock City” bumper sticker; Destroyer cover sticker; 11×17 KISS on Westminster Bridge UK poster; and much more.
battra

Post by battra »

EasyCatMan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:55 am
TheSpoiler wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:35 am I'd have thought this would be one release that would unify the remaining members of the Kiss Army. It really is one hell of a package, and they really have pulled it off properly this time.

No, not really. Give us all the music and the book for $75 or so. Make some other option for those who desire all the "junk"

Additionally, the Super Deluxe box features an extravagant array of collectable KISS memorabilia and ephemera, including a complete recreation of the original KISS Army Kit with the original folder and KISS Army newsletter Volume 1 – No 2 announcing the original album; two 8×10 Destroyer press photos; discography sheet; band bio sheet; KISS Army member certificate and membership card; KISS logo iron-on; sticker; “Detroit Rock City” bumper sticker; Destroyer cover sticker; 11×17 KISS on Westminster Bridge UK poster; and much more.
A super deluxe version requires more than 2 discs of unreleased material.

Black Sabbath gave triple for half the price including vinyl.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Will pre-order it as soon it''s available in a store in the Netherlands, boxset and vinyl.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

battra wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:30 am 1. I think this is a very good set.

I will not be purchasing it because there's not enough content to justify the price tag and I will be discussing it honestly.
To each his own honestly its not going to hurt the band one way or the other if you buy it. But think about this, fans bought up all those bootleg box sets that contained photobooks, posters, and what not and the audio sounds like total shit! So perhaps the band figured hey if fans are buying up shit like that without an issue our contents THAT ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY surely won’t be an issue. So if anyone complains about the price thank the fellow fans for shelling out money hand over fist for those shitty sounding bootleg boxets!! They are the ones that have set the tone
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Because its a fucking time capsule!!!!
battra

Post by battra »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:42 pm

To each his own honestly its not going to hurt the band one way or the other if you buy it. But think about this, fans bought up all those bootleg box sets that contained photobooks, posters, and what not and the audio sounds like total shit! So perhaps the band figured hey if fans are buying up shit like that without an issue our contents THAT ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY surely won’t be an issue. So if anyone complains about the price thank the fellow fans for shelling out money hand over fist for those shitty sounding bootleg boxets!! They are the ones that have set the tone
There are plenty of Kiss fans that are quite willing to pay four times what this set is actually worth in the belief that this CD set is going to be a collectible.

However, when I think what I can get for $200.... 2 discs of unreleased material isn't worth it to me.

If you enjoy it, that's great, but I'm going to speak out.

Why?

Because I want a great boxset at market pricing rather than a good boxset made with minimal effort at quadruple the price.

I'm sorry that it bothers you that I'll be speaking out against this ripoff.
battra

Post by battra »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:44 pm

Because its a fucking time capsule!!!!
Toys?

I have the epherema in several sets...but ya know...ones that include swaths of music... I haven't looked at most of it once.

Why?

Because it doesn't go on my turntable.

And it's not a time capsule.

A modern recreation, made to be different, isn't time capsule.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Your viewpoint here is somehow ruining my enjoyment of the box set announcement. I hope this post doesn't also impact my listening experience when I receive the Destroyer box set.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

battra wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:55 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:42 pm

There are plenty of Kiss fans that are quite willing to pay four times what this set is actually worth in the belief that this CD set is going to be a collectible.

However, when I think what I can get for $200.... 2 discs of unreleased material isn't worth it to me.

If you enjoy it, that's great, but I'm going to speak out.

Why?

Because I want a great boxset at market pricing rather than a good boxset made with minimal effort at quadruple the price.

I'm sorry that it bothers you that I'll be speaking out against this ripoff.
I’m not bothered about what you feel. What bothers me is NO ONE ELSE has brought up the fact that fans bought the bootleg boxsets! Its unbelieveable that people bought that knowing the audio is the same rehashed (VHS/Cassette tape) trasnfer that has been in circulation for years and thats Ok bc its on a picture disc and comes with large posters and a booklet but when the band actually releases something with audio from their vault now people have an issue with the price. I just cant understand the logic with that.
battra

Post by battra »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:59 pm

Your viewpoint here is somehow ruining my enjoyment of the box set announcement. I hope this post doesn't also impact my listening experience when I receive the Destroyer box set.
In 1989, Lars realized that Jethro Tull beat Metallica for the very first heavy metal grammy and didn't care... then the calls started coming in...telling him he got fucked.

I want to be those guys...those guys made Lars realized he got fucked.

Why?

Because I want a Metallica quality Boxed Set for the price Kiss is giving us a Metallica priced set.

If this set was $50, I'd be cheering and maybe, MAYBE, even buy one. The vinyl is actually pretty reasonable.

I'm not getting it because I don't much care for this particular album, but there could've been enough in the set to make me buy it...same as the Black Album could've had enough to get me to flip out my credit card.
battra

Post by battra »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:03 pm I’m not bothered about what you feel. What bothers me is NO ONE ELSE has brought up the fact that fans bought the bootleg boxsets! Its unbelieveable that people bought that knowing the audio is the same rehashed (VHS/Cassette tape) trasnfer that has been in circulation for years and thats Ok bc its on a picture disc and comes with large posters and a booklet but when the band actually releases something with audio from their vault now people have an issue with the price. I just cant understand the logic with that.
OK, because folks like me speaking out against it started you to make a thread asking us not to do that, so, I figured that you were upset. Apparently, not?

Your actions and words are at odds here ;)

So, is there one of these boxed sets that's just 3 CDs and a blu-ray?

Based on what you just stated, it appears that the bootleggers are putting in FAR more MONEY into these sets than Kiss.

Man, that pisses me off.

I wished it pissed you off too.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

battra wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:08 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:03 pm I’m not bothered about what you feel. What bothers me is NO ONE ELSE has brought up the fact that fans bought the bootleg boxsets! Its unbelieveable that people bought that knowing the audio is the same rehashed (VHS/Cassette tape) trasnfer that has been in circulation for years and thats Ok bc its on a picture disc and comes with large posters and a booklet but when the band actually releases something with audio from their vault now people have an issue with the price. I just cant understand the logic with that.
OK, because folks like me speaking out against it started you to make a thread asking us not to do that, so, I figured that you were upset. Apparently, not?

Based on what you just stated, it appears that the bootleggers are putting in FAR more MONEY into these sets than Kiss.

Man, that pisses me off.

Fans like you will NEVER be satisfied and its not worth discussing any further. Don’t buy the product, its simple. The band won’t give a shit if you do or not thats the plain truth.
battra

Post by battra »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:13 pm
battra wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:08 pm

Man, that pisses me off.

Fans like you will NEVER be satisfied and its not worth discussing any further. Don’t buy the product, its simple. The band won’t give a shit if you do or not thats the plain truth.
Yes, I'll never be satisfied. lol

Not with what Kiss has done...

I've outlined why.

For $200 Band A gives you about 10 live shows, 5 versions of the albums, CDs, vinyls, etc.

For $200 Kiss...they give you 2 versions of the albums...some demos... and a single live show all on CD and one blu-ray.

Why in the world would I be satisfied with that?

$200...that's a significant chunk of change in my world. I'm not going to give you significant money for insignificant shit.

Like I said, I wish it pissed you off to be ripped off.

But nah, you're happy to hand over you money for something to bootleggers did better for the same price.
BarkBlue
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by BarkBlue »

I'm not sure about the vinyl release of Destroyer, but some people here sure have a broken record feel about their posts.

Jumping all over a thread trying to be positive about something and expecting it to change the world (or even the business model of KISS) verges on laughable.
battra

Post by battra »

BarkBlue wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:26 pm I'm not sure about the vinyl release of Destroyer, but some people here sure have a broken record feel about their posts.

Jumping all over a thread trying to be positive about something and expecting it to change the world (or even the business model of KISS) verges on laughable.
Telling other people to shut up and appreciate being ripped off is positive in your mind?

You and I see the world very differently.
BarkBlue
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by BarkBlue »

battra wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:30 pm
BarkBlue wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:26 pm I'm not sure about the vinyl release of Destroyer, but some people here sure have a broken record feel about their posts.

Telling other people to shut up and appreciate being ripped off is positive in your mind?

Re-read the opening post. No one is being told to shut up. The discussion only degenerated once the same 'argument' was trotted out post after post just as it was in the main thread about this box set (12 pages and at least half of it spent discussing Metallica, Pearl Jam and Whitesnake). We all get where some people are on this set and that's their right and I certainly respect that.

As said in the OP, if you don't like the contents, or anything else about the box, just don't buy it. It's that simple.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

BarkBlue wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 pm

Re-read the opening post. No one is being told to shut up. The discussion only degenerated once the same 'argument' was trotted out post after post just as it was in the main thread about this box set (12 pages and at least half of it spent discussing Metallica, Pearl Jam and Whitesnake). We all get where some people are on this set and that's their right and I certainly respect that.

As said in the OP, if you don't like the contents, or anything else about the box, just don't buy it. It's that simple.
100% accurate. Thanks buddy
battra

Post by battra »

BarkBlue wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 pm Re-read the opening post. No one is being told to shut up.

Just don't buy it....ergo don't speak against it.

Ergo... shut up?

So, if you don't like it, shut up and don't buy it?

Definitely, don't point out what it would take for you to buy it.
battra

Post by battra »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:41 pm

100% accurate. Thanks buddy
If you don't like it, shut up and don't buy it.

This isn't saying shut up or it is saying shut up?

Because he said it was both things.

Just wanna know what's acceptible.
rico
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by rico »

Please don't slam me for this. Kiss have just lost me in the last 15 years. I am glad for those who are stoked about this but, for me, it's just too late. This is the sort of material that should have been out years ago but, and i suspect i am not the only one, it's now a case of my life has moved on and I am happy with what i have got. I recently sold my remaining vinyl collection for a small fortune and have chosen another direction. I really hope everyone who does get it has a ball whilst reading/listening/digesting the whole thing and i hope there are many more box sets to come.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

You are essentially telling him to shut up as opposed to giving his reasons or talk about why he isn't buying something that he actually wants to buy ultimately.

Also the creator of this thread deemed my thread to be negative somehow, even though I clearly say that I want this box set and hope for more.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144018

So he started this thread I guess hoping for a circle jerk that he approves of.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Grand Classic and Battra have to be the same indivdual lol. Sorry guys youre on the wrong fan board you should be on the other one where everything is negative and everyone complains. That board is called kissfuqed 🤣🤣🤣
KalB
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by KalB »

Look... when compared to Metallica's box sets, yes this KISS box is overpriced. You're getting significantly less musical content and significantly more paper content with KISS... everyone understands this.

But Metallica is not the gold standard for everyone! The price of the Black Album box set doesn't necessarily dictate the value of this Destroyer box set.

I for one have pre-ordered the CD box set and the vinyl, and will do the same for each and every KISS box set they decide to release. Why? Because by KISS standards this is an awesome project that I think is worth the price.

Right or wrong, I'm going by the standard KISS has set for themselves... not Metallica.
Last edited by KalB on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

KalB wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:54 pm Look... when compared to Metallica's box sets, yes this KISS box is overpriced. When comparing the two, you're getting significantly less musical content and significantly more paper content with KISS... everyone understands this.

But Metallica is not the gold standard for everyone! The price of the Black Album box set doesn't necessarily dictate the value of this Destroyer box set.

I for one have pre-ordered the CD box set and the vinyl, and will do the same for each and every KISS box set they decide to release. Why? Because by KISS standards this is an awesome project that I think is worth the price.

Right or wrong, I'm going by the standard KISS has set for themselves... not Metallica.
Very well said! You are correct
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:53 pm Grand Classic and Battra have to be the same indivdual lol. Sorry guys youre on the wrong fan board you should be on the other one where everything is negative and everyone complains. That board is called kissfuqed 🤣🤣🤣
That makes literally ZERO sense - Battra isn't buying the set, but I am.