Paul’s quote on the passing of Dusty Hill

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Paul’s quote on the passing of Dusty Hill

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:19 pm
firekiss wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:58 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:10 pm
firekiss wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:05 pm

And the fact that some people here focused on that and completely ignored the rest is telling of what this place has become.
You don't think people would prefer that their rock hero Paul didn't make them cringe at every turn whenever he says something? You can't say he doesn't often deserve the backlash, even if you don't think this is one such example.
Sure, sometimes he says something he shouldn't. We all do. But to only see the perceived bad and always ignore the good?

Sorry, but some people here have drank their own kind of koolaid and are seeing the Kiss world through their own shit coloured glasses.
Maybe some people just have different personalities. Half full vs half empty kind of thing. People get more cynical as they age, etc.
Wow.

Dare to call out some people on their dislike of Paul and it's just "different perspectives" and aging cynicism.

Support Paul or the band and you're a nutswinger who drank the koolaid with the rose coloured glasses on.

Hilarious double standard.
gene therapist
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by gene therapist »

kisswah wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:06 pm
gene therapist wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:40 pm
firekiss wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:00 pm It amazes me what some people focus on.

Icon
Gentlemen
Thank you

Those are the words I saw.

RIP Dusty
Paul reminding us how ZZ Top ended up opening for Kiss was simply not the most tactful move in this context.
I think this board is sometimes blaming Paul for no reason.
Here I feel that the "we won" mantra was inserted without being needed.
Maybe G&P™ sometimes have "we won tourette" ... ? :lol:
Hey, they LIVE TO WIN!
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

firekiss wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:00 pm It amazes me what some people focus on.

Icon
Gentlemen
Thank you

RIP Dusty
Paul reminding us how ZZ Top ended up opening for Kiss was simply not the most tactful move in this context.
And the fact that some people here focused on that and completely ignored the rest is telling of what this place has become.
It is about what Pail has become - or rather, what he has still not evolved to. And he never will.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

gene therapist wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:51 pm

Icon
Gentlemen
Thank you

RIP Dusty
It is about what Pail has become - or rather, what he has still not evolved to. And he never will.
No, it's this place and those that are disgruntled with Paul. The standard they place on Paul is one that they never reach themselves based on the vitriol they spew at him.

But hey, if you're correct, and Paul is doomed to never evolve to what you and others want, then probably time to dismiss him from your lives. I seriously doubt that standard would be upheld. Much easier to just come home and bitch about the man.
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Tbond »

Wichita77 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:25 am
Tbond wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:08 am
southernkiss wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:43 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:50 pm

But if a variation of that was said by Paul some would probably say that he doesn’t need to bring up that Dusty gave him a compliment.
And if Paul had of said “not bad for a woman,” this board would erupt with accusations of misogyny.
It is misogynistic, disrespectful and asinine.

Just because a dead guy said it doesn't make it any more palatable.
You missed the part about it being a dead guy who said it back in the 1970s (I'm assuming). I highly doubt that Dusty would have said something like that today.

Props to Nancy for understanding that nothing misogynistic, disrespectful and asinine was intended.

I'm glad we are getting more enlightened as a society, but I do miss the days when we had a little bit thicker skin.
Nobody "missed the part", it was the wrong thing to say, no matter the decade.

We just tolerated it and tee heed about in the 70's.

I also love how people pine for thicker for people that are insulted - - typical.

Stanley's skin is so thin in surprised its not translucent.
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

firekiss wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:16 am

No, it's this place and those that are disgruntled with Paul. The standard they place on Paul is one that they never reach themselves based on the vitriol they spew at him.

But hey, if you're correct, and Paul is doomed to never evolve to what you and others want, then probably time to dismiss him from your lives. I seriously doubt that standard would be upheld. Much easier to just come home and bitch about the man.
When - and if - I ever reach seventy, I certainly wouldn't mind being even 1/10th as wealthy as Paul. But if the price to pay was being perpetually stuck at being vain, egotistical, bitter, insecure and immature, I'm not so sure if all the success would be worth it.
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Tbond »

TwistedTaste wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:12 am
Mr Slow wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:50 pm

But if a variation of that was said by Paul some would probably say that he doesn’t need to bring up that Dusty gave him a compliment.
And if Paul had of said “not bad for a woman,” this board would erupt with accusations of misogyny.

The time of the quote was in the friggin 70’s man, different times. And it still isn’t an offensive quote if you aren’t a flake.
Love you your ilk puts the onus on the insulted to - - - how do you say - - - "not be a flake".
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

Tbond wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:21 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:12 am

The time of the quote was in the friggin 70’s man, different times. And it still isn’t an offensive quote if you aren’t a flake.
Love you your ilk puts the onus on the insulted to - - - how do you say - - - "not be a flake".
You made something out of nothing
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:19 am

When - and if - I ever reach seventy, I certainly wouldn't mind being even 1/10th as wealthy as Paul. But if the price to pay was being perpetually stuck at being vain, egotistical, bitter, insecure and immature, I'm not so sure if all the success would be worth it.
Not sure what that had to do with what I just said, but ok.

Personally, at any age, I hope I could remove from my life, a complete stranger, that I believe is egotistical, bitter, insecure and immature and unable to evolve. But hey, that's just me.
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

firekiss wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:39 am

Personally, at any age, I hope I could remove from my life, a complete stranger, that I believe is egotistical, bitter, insecure and immature and unable to evolve. But hey, that's just me.
Don't worry if you're not sure what that had to do with what I said. I'm not sure what your point is either. Unless you meant to say Paul is the "complete stranger", which is an asinine claim given how much he likes to be the spotlight kid here, there and everywhere.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:45 am

Don't worry if you're not sure what that had to do with what I said. I'm not sure what your point is either. Unless you meant to say Paul is the "complete stranger", which is an asinine claim given how much he likes to be the spotlight kid here, there and everywhere.
If you think you really know Paul you're kidding yourself. None of us do. He's as much a stranger to you as I am.

Why do you continue to listen to and follow someone you obviously despise? Makes no sense.
kisshall2
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by kisshall2 »

Icon
Gentlemen
Thank you

RIP Dusty
The other words are designed for you to not notice them, but they sear into your brain. Paul says what he means and means what he says. His last comment was a completely unneeded attempt to place ZZ Top under KISS in popularity. Nothing more.
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

Paul Stanley is a 70-year old man who posts pouting ‘look at me, my wig is wet’ selfies. Not creepy at all.

No other rock star or celebrity we’ve grown up with does such weird and cringey stuff, ever. And that’s before we even get to the things he says. And people seriously wonder why so many of us here have a problem with him?

Sorry I can’t help rubbernecking, he’s like a slow motion pile up.. having said that, I don’t actively follow him on social media or seek out his interviews anywhere. I just occasionally look at the threads about him here. But never immediately following a meal. Ever.
Goodwilltowardsall
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Goodwilltowardsall »

The ugliness on here is out of bounds in my opinion (and all of these post are opinions despite your vehemence) and reminds me of this, clicking off.

LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by LordThurisaz »

Tbond wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:19 am It is misogynistic, disrespectful and asinine.

I also love how people pine for thicker for people that are insulted - - typical.

Lol. Jesus Christ. Feigned outrage on the behalf of someone else.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Goodwilltowardsall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:38 am The ugliness on here is out of bounds in my opinion (and all of these post are opinions despite your vehemence) and reminds me of this, clicking off.

Agreed. it's increasingly not enjoyable.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:15 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:10 pm

You don't think people would prefer that their rock hero Paul didn't make them cringe at every turn whenever he says something? You can't say he doesn't often deserve the backlash, even if you don't think this is one such example.
Sure, sometimes he says something he shouldn't. We all do. But to only see the perceived bad and always ignore the good?

Sorry, but some people here have drank their own kind of koolaid and are seeing the Kiss world through their own shit coloured glasses.
Maybe some people just have different personalities. Half full vs half empty kind of thing. People get more cynical as they age, etc.
Wow.

Dare to call out some people on their dislike of Paul and it's just "different perspectives" and aging cynicism.

Support Paul or the band and you're a nutswinger who drank the koolaid with the rose coloured glasses on.

Well no, I typically disagree with your position when it comes to these kinds of things. I think KISS and it's members have completely made their bed and more often than not - completely deserve the backlash they get from fans.

You are someone who just doesn't see it or chooses to ignore it - possibly for the sake of wanting to remain positive and optimistic, so this is where differences in personality may arise. Some people are more prone to call out things they see as bullshit and others are just happy to go along for the ride no matter what.
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

firekiss wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:49 am If you think you really know Paul you're kidding yourself. None of us do. He's as much a stranger to you as I am.

Why do you continue to listen to and follow someone you obviously despise? Makes no sense.
OK, so you seem to think Paul's bio was completely made up in the mind of his ghost writer? Certainly not outside of the realm of possibility. In that case none of us actually "knows" Paul any more than we "know" you. Hey, your "complete stranger" theory may hold water after all! Let me re-brand it as "there's no Paul Stanley" theory.

For the record, I don't despise Paul Stanley the musician, on the contrary - at least not the Paul that could still do his job and sing like a rock god. Paul's 1978 solo is the best album by anyone ever.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:49 am
gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:45 am

If you think you really know Paul you're kidding yourself. None of us do. He's as much a stranger to you as I am.

Well that isn't true. I don't have 50 years of YOUR countless quotes, actions and decisions. One could have a massive file on Paul Stanley full of facts without ever meeting him and that is probably the case for some media sources for their research. Clearly that isn't the case with you.
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned

Re: Paul’s quote on the passing of Dusty Hi

Post by TwistedTaste »

gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:21 am Paul's 1978 solo is the best album by anyone ever.
:D

It’s not even better than his Ace’s
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Tbond »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:38 am
Tbond wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:19 am It is misogynistic, disrespectful and asinine.

Lol. Jesus Christ. Feigned outrage on the behalf of someone else.
You guys that defend insults slung by rock stars are easily the most triggered people in here.

Anytime someone criticizes Gene or Paul as people - - - or sometimes performers - - - the same folks invariably rise to the moment to defend any and all those who would dare criticize them.

Presenting facts isn't symbolic of outrage, no matter how much you want to conflate the two.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Tbond wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:58 am You guys that defend insults slung by rock stars are easily the most triggered people in here.

Presenting facts isn't symbolic of outrage, no matter how much you want to conflate the two.
Yep, you caught me. I'm totally triggered, mate. Quit being so easily offended.
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Tbond »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:02 pm
Tbond wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:58 am You guys that defend insults slung by rock stars are easily the most triggered people in here.

Yep, you caught me. I'm totally triggered, mate. Quit being so easily offended.
You replied in less than five minutes.

Hair triggered I'd call it.

Quit being so obtuse and myopic about offensive behavior.
gene therapist

Re: Paul’s quote on the passing of Dusty Hi

Post by gene therapist »

TwistedTaste wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:44 am
gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:21 am Paul's 1978 solo is the best album by anyone ever.
:D

It’s not even better than his Ace’s
You mean "that other Paul", the first actor to portray Tommy's character?
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 am

Wow.

Well no, I typically disagree with your position when it comes to these kinds of things. I think KISS and it's members have completely made their bed and more often than not - completely deserve the backlash they get from fans.

You are someone who just doesn't see it or chooses to ignore it - possibly for the sake of wanting to remain positive and optimistic, so this is where differences in personality may arise. Some people are more prone to call out things they see as bullshit and others are just happy to go along for the ride no matter what.

Then why label those that see the positives as "nutswingers" and "sunshine pumpers" and those that don't as just "having a different perspective"?

The way you narrate is an absolute double standard.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:21 am
firekiss wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:49 am If you think you really know Paul you're kidding yourself. None of us do. He's as much a stranger to you as I am.

OK, so you seem to think Paul's bio was completely made up in the mind of his ghost writer? Certainly not outside of the realm of possibility. In that case none of us actually "knows" Paul any more than we "know" you. Hey, your "complete stranger" theory may hold water after all! Let me re-brand it as "there's no Paul Stanley" theory.

For the record, I don't despise Paul Stanley the musician, on the contrary - at least not the Paul that could still do his job and sing like a rock god. Paul's 1978 solo is the best album by anyone ever.
No, I'm just someone who isn't going to claim I know someone because I've seen and read their public profile. And I include autobiographies in that.

The number of amateur psychiatrists at this place grows by the day.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:45 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 am

Wow.

Then why label those that see the positives as "nutswingers" and "sunshine pumpers" and those that don't as just "having a different perspective"?

The way you narrate is an absolute double standard.
No one said you can't be critical of those different personalities. I am just pointing out the why as you seem confused and keep questioning comments people make on this forum. Perhaps these are people who are more prone in life to call out bullshit.
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

firekiss wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:49 pm

No, I'm just someone who isn't going to claim I know someone because I've seen and read their public profile. And I include autobiographies in that.

I never claimed to know Paul Stanley on a private level. You, on the other hand, tried to portray him as a "complete stranger", which of course makes no sense whatsoever, unless everything we know about him has been a lie.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:12 pm

I never claimed to know Paul Stanley on a private level. You, on the other hand, tried to portray him as a "complete stranger", which of course makes no sense whatsoever, unless everything we know about him has been a lie.
We only know the public face of any celeb. Not what they're really like. I've read the Keith Richards autobiography. It's a big book, very detailed. Still can't claim to know the guy - the real personality that sits behind the media presentation.
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:19 pm

We only know the public face of any celeb. Not what they're really like. I've read the Keith Richards autobiography. It's a big book, very detailed. Still can't claim to know the guy - the real personality that sits behind the media presentation.
The "problem" is I never claimed to "know the guy". There's a hell of a lot of middle ground between knowing someone personally and someone being a "complete stranger". Even a five year old would understand the rationale why Paul Stanley would be at neither extreme to me, a Kiss fan.
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

KissCannibal wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:25 am
DonnaDixon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:39 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:59 am
Tbond wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:30 am The tweet is classless.

Kiss is a big successful rock band, we GET it.

Funny how he didn't mention that Eliminator outsold all of Kiss' 80's albums COMBINED, and in 1983 ZZ Top buried them in airplay, public consciousness, MTV, etc.

Guess that didn't fit the narrative.
This place becomes more of a cesspool every day thanks to the vermin that contaminate it. Seriously! 🙄
Cesspool is a pretty strong characterization. You could be right.

My main disappointment with this place is that it seems as if literally no one is open to learning anything. No open minds. There's no possibility of teaching anyone anything, or even inducing them to think outside the box, because they think they already know everything, are 100.00% convinced that what they think they know is 100.00% accurate and valid, and have zero desire to even consider, let alone internalize and accommodate, new information, no matter how tactfully and rationally it's presented.

Arguing and debating and having opinions, even strong ones, is one thing. But refusing to be open to learning or to being enlightened is a palpable disorder.

EXACTLY.
8)
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:26 pm

The "problem" is I never claimed to "know the guy". There's a hell of a lot of middle ground between knowing someone personally and someone being a "complete stranger". Even a five year old would understand the rationale why Paul Stanley would be at neither extreme to me, a Kiss fan.
You know what's been presented to you via whatever medium. And that's really it. for the majority of us, unless anyone here has an "in" to the Kiss camp. Despite the media coverage, it's a mistake to say that any of us "know" them.
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

Grillin’ some steak for some tacos, having a few cold beers, listening to Degüello.
Thank You Dusty for the low end. RIP
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

I think you know what I meant when i said complete stranger. Take it literally if you like, but I credit you with being smarter than that.
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:32 pm
gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:26 pm

You know what's been presented to you via whatever medium. And that's really it. for the majority of us, unless anyone here has an "in" to the Kiss camp. Despite the media coverage, it's a mistake to say that any of us "know" them.
Yes, that's basically what I've been saying all along. To most anyone here, Paul is not a "complete stranger" though, unless we've been fed nothing but fabricated stories. A complete stranger is someone who you know nothing about.
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

firekiss wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:55 pm

I think you know what I meant when i said complete stranger. Take it literally if you like, but I credit you with being smarter than that.
So you didn't mean what you wrote. Gotcha. So we can, in fact, criticize Paul constructively, because we know this and that about him, even though we don't "know him". Not all criticism is bashing.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:57 pm

So you didn't mean what you wrote. Gotcha. So we can, in fact, criticize Paul constructively, because we know this and that about him, even though we don't "know him". Not all criticism is bashing.
Yeah, go for your life mate. You win the internet. Congrats
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

firekiss wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:17 pm

You sound annoyed. No need to. I think we reached a consensus of sorts here.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

gene therapist wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:17 pm

Annoyed? No.

Carry on.
Goodwilltowardsall
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Goodwilltowardsall »

Dear disgruntled and suffering KISS FAQ fans,

This is a personal follow up to my earlier annoyed response to this POS (IMO) thread. There was a delayed, positive outcome subsequent to reading your despairing posts, as it motivated me to check out the back ZZ Top Catalog (I didn't get into the 80's mega=hits & still don't dig those albums-lost interest in ZZT at that point).

The albums that came after the 80's hits were badass, fun, inventive and surprisingly psychedelic ("Mescalero" in particular-again all of this is an opinion). I would have liked to see ZZ Top and KISS together, you lucky fux who went to those shows.

So go ahead and get all psycho with your bad vibes if this is the outcome. Just like in the song "I Thank-You"

Dusty, if you monitor the FAQ, RIP-I hope you are having some tacos and are tossing back a few cold ones up there in Heaven or Hell, whichever is more pleasing. Say "howdy" to Jimi for me.

Sincerely,

GTA
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

Goodwilltowardsall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:07 pm Dear disgruntled and suffering KISS FAQ fans,

This is a personal follow up to my earlier annoyed response to this POS (IMO) thread. There was a delayed, positive outcome subsequent to reading your despairing posts, as it motivated me to check out the back ZZ Top Catalog (I didn't get into the 80's mega=hits & still don't dig those albums-lost interest in ZZT at that point).

The albums that came after the 80's hits were badass, fun, inventive and surprisingly psychedelic ("Mescalero" in particular-again all of this is an opinion). I would have liked to see ZZ Top and KISS together, you lucky fux who went to those shows.

So go ahead and get all psycho with your bad vibes if this is the outcome. Just like in the song "I Thank-You"

Dusty, if you monitor the FAQ, RIP-I hope you are having some tacos and are tossing back a few cold ones up there in Heaven or Hell, whichever is more pleasing. Say "howdy" to Jimi for me.

Sincerely,

GTA
I'm in the same boat - I loved everything up to and including Eliminator unconditionally, but rapidly lost interest after they tried to remake Eliminator three or four more times on the bounce in the wake of its success. It was only maybe the last ten years or so I got back into them - their last four albums have all been fantastic, and the fairly recent documentary is well worth a watch.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:05 am

Annoyed? No.

Carry on.
To be fair, it does seem like you are annoyed with this forum and anyone who is critical of the band or it's members. You certainly been making posts lately pointing this out. Why I don't know.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:16 pm

Annoyed? No.

Carry on.
To be fair, it does seem like you are annoyed with this forum and anyone who is critical of the band or it's members. You certainly been making posts lately pointing this out. Why I don't know.
You are very selective in your reading.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:47 pm

Annoyed? No.

Carry on.
Perhaps, but you comment on this sort of thing a lot.
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:13 pm
Goodwilltowardsall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:07 pm Dear disgruntled and suffering KISS FAQ fans,

Sincerely,

GTA
I'm in the same boat - I loved everything up to and including Eliminator unconditionally, but rapidly lost interest after they tried to remake Eliminator three or four more times on the bounce in the wake of its success. It was only maybe the last ten years or so I got back into them - their last four albums have all been fantastic, and the fairly recent documentary is well worth a watch.
Antenna was great and Rhythmeen & La Futura were exceptional
LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

I agree that many times Paul has said things that seem to put him in a better light. However,I don't read too much into this. He mentioned Kiss opening for them and them opening for Kiss...so he was saying from the past to the present basically is how I read it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

TwistedTaste wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:10 pm
Glasgow Kiss wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:13 pm

Sincerely,

GTA
Antenna was great and Rhythmeen & La Futura were exceptional
I should probably reinvestigate Antenna - it was released around the time I'd given them up as a lost cause.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:51 pm

Annoyed? No.

Carry on.
I comment on lots of things.

Just as you're happy to call people sunshine pumpers and nutswingers, I'm happy to call people out when I see the pitchforks and mob mentality appear for every little thing Paul posts.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:56 pm

Just as you're happy to call people sunshine pumpers and nutswingers, I'm happy to call people out when I see the pitchforks and mob mentality appear for every little thing Paul posts.
That's fine - knock yourself out, but it sort of goes against your usual position of leaving if you are unhappy with something.

If you have determined that this place has become a cesspool or a sea of negativity or whatever you want to call it, then clearly that is not going to change, so why bother?
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:22 pm
firekiss wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:56 pm

That's fine - knock yourself out, but it sort of goes against your usual position of leaving if you are unhappy with something.

If you have determined that this place has become a cesspool or a sea of negativity or whatever you want to call it, then clearly that is not going to change, so why bother?
Not sure where I said this whole place is a cesspool or sea of negativity.

There are positives to this board, you just choose to focus on this one aspect of my posts. Why, I don't know.