A different perspective on Kiss then and now...

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

A different perspective on Kiss then and now...

Post by Wichita77 »

Earlier today, someone asked me about my Les Paul autographed by Ace Frehley. It led to something of a long conversation about my journey with Kiss from then to now.

I first discovered Kiss on the cover of a Hit Parader magazine in 1976. I saw them on the Paul Lynde special, and then saw them twice live in 77, even though it cost me a severe beating from my mom. I picked up guitar the day after that first show, launching a lifelong relationship with guitar and KISS.

Through the years, I've gotten older as have they. I wonder if that's not helped me see beyond the flaws and misteps that seem to trip up so many up on this message board.

I was thrilled to see them on the EOTR as I ever was since the beginning, maybe because I'm on that road too.

I'm glad they hung in there, and. hope they find a way to keep going as I'm around.

Anyone else feel that way too?
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: A different perspective on Kiss then and now...

Post by Mr Slow »

I’ve loved the band since 1979. There has been high and low points, but I’ve never really wavered. That being said, I think it’s time for them to call it a day in the next year or so. They have been past their best for decades but that doesn’t mean I haven’t enjoyed every minute of this incredible roller coaster ride.

I think some fans have just forgotten how to have fun with this band. They get all upset over the makeup, the lineup and seem to expect them to be as good and productive as they were in 1977. Everything beyond 2000 in my opinion has been a bonus. 2 new albums, loads of touring, some really cool live shows, I’m glad they are still here.

If they finish around the time of their 50th anniversary I think it would be a really fitting way to end. Going out on their terms. 👍
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:02 pm I’ve loved the band since 1979. There has been high and low points, but I’ve never really wavered. That being said, I think it’s time for them to call it a day in the next year or so. They have been past their best for decades but that doesn’t mean I haven’t enjoyed every minute of this incredible roller coaster ride.

I think some fans have just forgotten how to have fun with this band. They get all upset over the makeup, the lineup and seem to expect them to be as good and productive as they were in 1977. Everything beyond 2000 in my opinion has been a bonus. 2 new albums, loads of touring, some really cool live shows, I’m glad they are still here.

If they finish around the time of their 50th anniversary I think it would be a really fitting way to end. Going out on their terms. 👍
I can't help but agree with this, my Kiss journey beginning in '77.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Wichita77 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:52 pm Earlier today, someone asked me about my Les Paul autographed by Ace Frehley. It led to something of a long conversation about my journey with Kiss from then to now.

I first discovered Kiss on the cover of a Hit Parader magazine in 1976. I saw them on the Paul Lynde special, and then saw them twice live in 77, even though it cost me a severe beating from my mom. I picked up guitar the day after that first show, launching a lifelong relationship with guitar and KISS.

Through the years, I've gotten older as have they. I wonder if that's not helped me see beyond the flaws and misteps that seem to trip up so many up on this message board.

I was thrilled to see them on the EOTR as I ever was since the beginning, maybe because I'm on that road too.

I'm glad they hung in there, and. hope they find a way to keep going as I'm around.

Anyone else feel that way too?
Yes I do. Nice!!!
Kisscomplicated
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Kisscomplicated »

I think that yes your spot on. I started in 1976 , and saw the Destroyer Tour. So much of what we hear in this forum is " arm chair quaterbacking". They are giving opinion from eras they did not have any knowledge of. They tend to state those opinions as fact. Its entertaining to me. Indeed I have seen every line up and tour since 1976. I love Ace and Peter , I love Tommy and Eric for helping keep the machine rolling. People have bitched about Tommy for 21 years. They are the ones missing out. They need to get off You Tube and here , and go see a show. When that announcement is made " You wanted the Best and You got the Best " .....the magic is still there. The crap I read here just makes me laugh. And feel sorry for those doing the supposing , the diatribes, the opinions etc.
Coventry1973
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Coventry1973 »

I've been a KISS fan since 1975--- when I was 10 years old. I've been with them through thick and thin, never lost my fandom.
I've lived through it all- getting picked on at school during the lean years (especially high school 1979-1983)
The Reunion tour when it seemed EVERYONE was a KISS fan... and so on
I still love the band, but I'm older and have a different perspective on what they're doing now
:ace: :peter: :gene: :paul: :eric:
moshpitwookie
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by moshpitwookie »

I have never attended a bad KISS show.
Asylumize
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Asylumize »

Love the band always have but just can’t get past the lip syncing - especially after they have called out so many others for the same thing. Still about the music of the early band for me great records and lots of great memories but now I just want them to call it a day already
Asylumize
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Asylumize »

Love the band always have but just can’t get past the lip syncing - especially after they have called out so many others for the same thing. Still about the music of the early band for me great records and lots of great memories but now I just want them to call it a day already
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by In the Suds »

No, I don't really see it like that. KISS is a thing that exists in the past for me. I don't think of that KISS, and what they currently do as being the same thing.
KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

I’ve always been a staunch supporter since 1976. Grown up and old with the band. It’s just a part of me and my life. It’s been a comfort and a blast. I’ve always had my other interests but KISS is never out of my loop.