Vinnie finally selling Double V model guitars

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
ZachAttack
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Vinnie finally selling Double V model guitars

Post by ZachAttack »

I just checked out Vinnies website and was surprised he was actually selling his signature model guitars, and while they aren't cheap, they are far from the 10 grand I heard he was trying to get at NAMM years ago. Now the question is, who is making these? There isn't much info on there and its kinda weird you can choose what hardware you want, which makes me wonder if he's just buying these from AliExpress and putting hardware in them. I don't think these are his AZGs as there is only a limited amount of those.

http://vinnievincent.com/product/the-vi ... hite-gold/
vdojaq
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Vinnie finally selling Double V model guitars

Post by vdojaq »

Good luck if you will ever see it. Take the money and run!
cgtrman
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cgtrman »

I love that the site is not https so you get a warning in the browser. Like Vinnie, his official site is not secure lol.
Rockker
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rockker »

Pick up in person for $1000 more. What a deal!!!
KISSFACE
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by KISSFACE »

ZachAttack wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:02 am I just checked out Vinnies website and was surprised he was actually selling his signature model guitars, and while they aren't cheap, they are far from the 10 grand I heard he was trying to get at NAMM years ago. Now the question is, who is making these?
Really good question — has a guitar-maker made a happy deal with Vinnie at last?
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

I agree. Strange….. toubting the name of the Manufacturer might be a good thing, and add some clout and value to the deal.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Interesting that these models are models being sold (and have been for months/years) at DHGate.com

$339+free shipping gets you this one:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/rare-dou ... 25732.html

Here's the other for $349+free shipping:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/custom-e ... 7642452155

Now, I doubt Vinnie would be purchasing these, then refitting them with new hardware. That would be horrible, so I doubt he would stoop to such a thing.
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Doose »

misterhand80 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:46 pm Interesting that these models are models being sold (and have been for months/years) at DHGate.com

Now, I doubt Vinnie would be purchasing these, then refitting them with new hardware. That would be horrible, so I doubt he would stoop to such a thing.
Me thinks Vinnie was busted. Buy for $349, sell for $4,500. That's fucked up if he's selling these cheapass knock-offs.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

misterhand80 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:46 pm Interesting that these models are models being sold (and have been for months/years) at DHGate.com

I mean, that's what I was gonna do since I can't get a Double V anywhere else, and pretty much everyone just buys these with no hardware and then installs their own. Most of these Chinese knock offs are pretty well made since all the guitar bodies are just cut from a CNC machine now. Hell some of the major guitar companies are getting their bodies made in the same exact factories that these knock offs come from.

I wonder if he's even really signing them
catmantoo
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by catmantoo »

Looks like he has unlimited stock.
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

ZachAttack wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:29 pm

I mean, that's what I was gonna do since I can't get a Double V anywhere else, and pretty much everyone just buys these with no hardware and then installs their own. Most of these Chinese knock offs are pretty well made since all the guitar bodies are just cut from a CNC machine now. Hell some of the major guitar companies are getting their bodies made in the same exact factories that these knock offs come from.

Eh...

As a guitarist of 20 years, here's what you should know:

Fret material and fret work might suck; may require leveling, polishing, etc. to make playable
Wood quality might be dodgy; no solution other than to buy a better guitar (in this case, possibly find an original)
The hardware (tuners, locking nut, Floyd Rose bridge) may be dodgy quality (Floyd Rose Special and licensed floyds suck or can be dodgy); solution is to replace some/all of it
Electronics can be noisy, shitty quality pots and switch, pots can have wrong values or weird taper; solution is to replace

IF the blank plank is good quality -- big if -- then the rest can probably be resolved. However, the effort, time, etc might not be worth it.

The electronics solution could cost about $200-250 for new electronics ($80 x2 for Duncan pickups, $20 for new pots, $10 for new switch, possibly $50-60 or so to have it installed if you're not adept at soldering).
The hardware solution could cost around $300 or so ($200 for Schaller Floyd Rose, $60-100 for tuners).
Fret work is variable. If the material is trash, they'll need to remove them with a soldering iron, shape / clip / glue new fret wire in, and then go onto finishing them, which may need done regardless. I'm not sure how much this would cost, but possibly around $200-450? Bench time is expensive, plus material for the frets if they are poor quality to begin with.

If it is a good husk of a guitar, then perhaps it is worth about $1500 all in (shipping, taxes, etc). If not, do not bother. Frankly, I wouldn't waste that much time.
Coventry1973
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Coventry1973 »

490.png
catmantoo wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:24 pm Looks like he has unlimited stock.
image.png
THAT'S $490 BEEEELLION DOLLARS (in Doctor Evil voice) :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

LordThurisaz wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:14 pm
ZachAttack wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Eh...

As a guitarist of 20 years, here's what you should know:

Fret material and fret work might suck; may require leveling, polishing, etc. to make playable
Wood quality might be dodgy; no solution other than to buy a better guitar (in this case, possibly find an original)
The hardware (tuners, locking nut, Floyd Rose bridge) may be dodgy quality (Floyd Rose Special and licensed floyds suck or can be dodgy); solution is to replace some/all of it
Electronics can be noisy, shitty quality pots and switch, pots can have wrong values or weird taper; solution is to replace

IF the blank plank is good quality -- big if -- then the rest can probably be resolved. However, the effort, time, etc might not be worth it.

The electronics solution could cost about $200-250 for new electronics ($80 x2 for Duncan pickups, $20 for new pots, $10 for new switch, possibly $50-60 or so to have it installed if you're not adept at soldering).
The hardware solution could cost around $300 or so ($200 for Schaller Floyd Rose, $60-100 for tuners).
Fret work is variable. If the material is trash, they'll need to remove them with a soldering iron, shape / clip / glue new fret wire in, and then go onto finishing them, which may need done regardless. I'm not sure how much this would cost, but possibly around $200-450? Bench time is expensive, plus material for the frets if they are poor quality to begin with.

If it is a good husk of a guitar, then perhaps it is worth about $1500 all in (shipping, taxes, etc). If not, do not bother. Frankly, I wouldn't waste that much time.

I would order one with no hardware and install my own and I can fix the frets myself. The body alone is only like 300-400 dollars. There's a guy on YouTube named Johnny Anderson (I think he took his channel down though) who was buying and reviewing Yngiwe signature knockoffs from AliExpress, scalloped and everything, and was saying he liked them even better than his real YJM model
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

ZachAttack wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:53 pm I would order one with no hardware and install my own and I can fix the frets myself. The body alone is only like 300-400 dollars. There's a guy on YouTube named Johnny Anderson (I think he took his channel down though) who was buying and reviewing Yngiwe signature knockoffs from AliExpress, scalloped and everything, and was saying he liked them even better than his real YJM model
There are other builders of these things, and some of them are utter trash. Dave's World of Fun Stuff refuses to work on anymore Chibson's. Just food for thought before you drop four bills on something that is possibly a pile of crap.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:05 pm
ZachAttack wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:53 pm I would order one with no hardware and install my own and I can fix the frets myself. The body alone is only like 300-400 dollars. There's a guy on YouTube named Johnny Anderson (I think he took his channel down though) who was buying and reviewing Yngiwe signature knockoffs from AliExpress, scalloped and everything, and was saying he liked them even better than his real YJM model
There are other builders of these things, and some of them are utter trash. Dave's World of Fun Stuff refuses to work on anymore Chibson's. Just food for thought before you drop four bills on something that is possibly a pile of crap.
If I could find someone in the US that could build me a VV body I would do it. The only guy I was aware of was Palecki (the guy Vinnie ripped off with the AZG guitars) and I don't think he's making them anymore and they were like 5 or 6 grand
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

ZachAttack wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:09 pm
If I could find someone in the US that could build me a VV body I would do it. The only guy I was aware of was Palecki (the guy Vinnie ripped off with the AZG guitars) and I don't think he's making them anymore and they were like 5 or 6 grand
By body, do you mean the body sans the neck, or a gutted guitar without hardware, electronics, nut?
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:11 pm
ZachAttack wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:09 pm
By body, do you mean the body sans the neck, or a gutted guitar without hardware, electronics, nut?
Just the body, neck, frets, routing, paint job. I can install all the hardware. I can even put my own neck on if the body is designed to accept a standard Jackson neck
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

ZachAttack wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:19 pm Just the body, neck, frets, routing, paint job. I can install all the hardware. I can even put my own neck on if the body is designed to accept a standard Jackson neck
Okay, wasn't entirely sure. That said, I'm not sure if the guitar is bolt on, set, or neck thru. I didn't look too closely.
spacecat2500
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by spacecat2500 »

Wow.....
936BA308-4948-4769-932E-062C8C4DB9A5.jpeg
6E0F0778-256D-4F58-B01C-B7F2E9B45856.jpeg
spacecat2500
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by spacecat2500 »

^^^^^
That’s a bold move on Vinnie’s part. Jeeeeezzzz 🙄
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

I would suggest alerting the Vinnie Facebook groups to this, but you'd likely get ridiculed and then booted.
LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

Does this guy do anything that is not shady or questionable? Seriously,not to be a dick,but it seems he's always involved in something that's bizarre or strange and makes no sense. Or,at other times,just blatantly rips people off. I wouldn't send him a dime for anything. There is a chance you'll never get what you paid for.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

lol Jesus I don't know how I didn't catch that. The weird part is these guitars used to be all over AliExpress but recently i cant find them anymore, so I assumed Vinnie hit them with a cease and desist or something....but apparently on this other Chinese junk website they're okay
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

spacecat2500 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:33 pm

Wow.....936BA308-4948-4769-932E-062C8C4DB9A5.jpeg6E0F0778-256D-4F58-B01C-B7F2E9B45856.jpeg
Yes. When I saw the images at the VV site I immediately recognized them. They were lifted directly from the DHGate pages.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Looking at his other guitars, I'm curious if those aren't also AliExpress / DHgate bootleg specials. Also, anyone buy his signed stuff? I am wondering if he is using an auto pen, and it isn't actually hand signed.
spacecat2500
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by spacecat2500 »

misterhand80 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:17 pm
spacecat2500 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:33 pm

Wow.....936BA308-4948-4769-932E-062C8C4DB9A5.jpeg6E0F0778-256D-4F58-B01C-B7F2E9B45856.jpeg
Yes. When I saw the images at the VV site I immediately recognized them. They were lifted directly from the DHGate pages.
Lol crazy 😝
shandi777

Post by shandi777 »

Seems pretty shady....I think the previous posters have hit the nail on the head here unfortunately. Can't seem to find what company or brand is hand making these for the purchaser. Seems like Mr. Vincent is trying to pull off another fast one for profit....sad.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

shandi777 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:08 pm Seems pretty shady....I think the previous posters have hit the nail on the head here unfortunately. Can't seem to find what company or brand is hand making these for the purchaser. Seems like Mr. Vincent is trying to pull off another fast one for profit....sad.
1000+% on the fake double Vs. I mean, they aren't even trying to hide it at all. The Jacksons likely aren't real either.
Doose

Post by Doose »

I love that the guitar is about 6 inches longer and an inch or two wider than the guitar case.
Doose

Post by Doose »

shandi777 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:08 pm Seems pretty shady....I think the previous posters have hit the nail on the head here unfortunately. Can't seem to find what company or brand is hand making these for the purchaser. Seems like Mr. Vincent is trying to pull off another fast one for profit....sad.
Blabbermouth should report on this - a former member of KISS trying to sell a $349 Chinese knockoff for $4500 as if it's a custom-built, and using fake photos lifted from the Chinese site with photoshopped backgrounds. It's pure Vinnie Vincent - a scam from start to finish.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

Bizarre, but seems par for course at this juncture. I had a quick look at the guitars too. If these are the straight Chinese knockoffs that he's flogging, then that's pretty sad. On his website there's actuals signed Jackson V's for only $2500! Granted these would be Jacksons made in Korea or Indonesia worth maybe a few hundred each, but they are legitimately branded "Jackson" guitars!

I'd imagine its only the highest ranking Angels or Shredders that would be buying these, and wouldn't really have any idea what they are buying as long as it "looks nice"?! Almost certainly too - they would be non-players and the VV guitars are to simply hang on the wall in their man cave (or Vinnie cave in their case :scratch: ?)
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Phyllis, I'm not so sure those are "actual" Jacksons. If he's conning people with those fakes (I think they are Ed Roman based guitars, of which DHgate sells other VV / Ed Roman based guitars), then the Jacksons are suspect as well.

Also, in order to make the kind of money he's looking to make, he is not using Korean made. More than likely lowest tier Jackson with a Floyd, though I still doubt they are authentic.
Phyllis Simmons

LordThurisaz wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:26 pm Phyllis, I'm not so sure those are "actual" Jacksons. If he's conning people with those fakes (I think they are Ed Roman based guitars, of which DHgate sells other VV / Ed Roman based guitars), then the Jacksons are suspect as well.

Also, in order to make the kind of money he's looking to make, he is not using Korean made. More than likely lowest tier Jackson with a Floyd, though I still doubt they are authentic.
Could well be knockoffs of real deal US Jacksons, you could be right. But Jackson have put their name on plenty of crap in the last 10-20 years. I remember Jackson used to be a brand you were kind of in awe :shock: of. I managed a Charvel Model 1 in the late 80's and that was a hell of a stretch at the time. Jackson only made highest end stuff then and always seemed unattainable! But a lot of big name brands are needing to brand lower tier instruments to compete,I totally get that. Highest tier stuff only has a very small market. So in this case possibly its the lowest tier "Jacksons" which are probably made in China?!

It was a bit of an eye opener for me to see that website in the link and all those knockoffs, I don't follow that stuff. Ive got my 5-6 guitars in my collection Im perfectly happy with. But to see knockoff YJM Strats, PRS's, Les Paul's all look quite nice, but no doubt they'd be pieces of shit. Sad, not sure how websites like that are allowed to stay up? :scratch:
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

http://vinnievincent.com/product/vv-cre ... om-guitar/

These are also cheap as well. That headstock shape is indicative of the necks that Guitar Fetish (GFS) sells.

https://www.guitarfetish.com/XGP-Premiu ... 39830.html

The body looks like it is sourced similarly, but the version GFS currently sells has front and back binding, whereas this only has front binding. Still, the parts, all total, probably cost around 600-750.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Phyllis Simmons wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:39 pm Could well be knockoffs of real deal US Jacksons, you could be right. But Jackson have put their name on plenty of crap in the last 10-20 years. I remember Jackson used to be a brand you were kind of in awe :shock: of. I managed a Charvel Model 1 in the late 80's and that was a hell of a stretch at the time. Jackson only made highest end stuff then and always seemed unattainable! But a lot of big name brands are needing to brand lower tier instruments to compete,I totally get that. Highest tier stuff only has a very small market. So in this case possibly its the lowest tier "Jacksons" which are probably made in China?!

It was a bit of an eye opener for me to see that website in the link and all those knockoffs, I don't follow that stuff. Ive got my 5-6 guitars in my collection Im perfectly happy with. But to see knockoff YJM Strats, PRS's, Les Paul's all look quite nice, but no doubt they'd be pieces of shit. Sad, not sure how websites like that are allowed to stay up? :scratch:
A lot of the time, the stock photos in these listings are of real guitars. What you receive is not that. They'd be knockoffs of import Jacksons. I have four guitars, and all of them play more or less as I'd want. Two Korean made LTDs (I think even the 1000 series has now been moved to Indonesia, I think, which do make good guitars in their defense), a MIM Fender Player Strat, and a Squier CV70s Strat. I highly suggest learning to set guitars up yourself, because these numbskulls are music shops want to charge you an arm and a leg just to sloppily install a nut or adjust your trust rod.
Phyllis Simmons

LordThurisaz wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:40 pm http://vinnievincent.com/product/vv-cre ... om-guitar/

These are also cheap as well. That headstock shape is indicative of the necks that Guitar Fetish (GFS) sells.

The body looks like it is sourced similarly, but the version GFS currently sells has front and back binding, whereas this only has front binding. Still, the parts, all total, probably cost around 600-750.
Well if he's putting some $ into the parts, and a loyalist Angel or Shredder wants to drop a few Grand; then good luck to them. I guess.

I'm actually not as horrified by this as some. Yes putting up the same pictures as a Chinese knockoff website sells their $300 guitar, and then on-selling them for 4 Grand is a new low. :shock: In essence though, a Vinnie Angel would probably be able to work out that they are actually paying 3 or 4 grand for a VV autograph, on a $400 guitar!? Or maybe they couldn't? But that's on that particular Angel them self to work that stuff out.

In SMK, Gene brags that he gets his Punisher Basses made in Korea on order. I forget the figures been a while since I read it, but it costs him maybe $900 to land and he sells them for what 3 grand? Not to mention the crap that Paul smashes and sells for 5x what they might be worth?! Horses for courses, so I'm not quite has horrified by this as some. And its VV so you know there will be an element of dodgy-ness around any deal...
Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Vinnie Vincent in "not purveyor of authentic licensed goods" shocker.

Being such a shyster, fraud and scammer must be exhausting. Vinnie has such a limited audience to peddle his merch to that you'd think at least some of it would be the real deal, but he doesn't even care about blatantly ripping off his most dedicated hardcore fans that are probably his financial lifeline. The way he's exploiting them to the absolute maximum is such a cynical and greedy way to treat the people who stuck with him all this time.

It must be exhausting to be constantly on the downlow, wondering if you're going to get caught or found out. What is it about this guy that just makes it impossible for him to do anything legitimate or honest? Imaging how grateful and appreciative his fans would be if he actually delivered on some of the wild promises he's made.

I really don't get the cult of VV.
Where's Drago?

Post by Where's Drago? »

Wait, some fans bought the KISS Killers vinyl for £50 and sold them off at 3, 4, 5 or 6 times the price. Unsigned! 😅

Come on now.

I thought it was open and fair competition and indicative of capitalism at its absolute best.
rimo335
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by rimo335 »

So when will the link be taken down on his website, with the excuse that due to overwhelming demand he can't , ahem , "keep up with the demand" ?
Doose

Post by Doose »

He's also selling the Jackson minion (which is a 3/4th scale guitar) for $4,000. You can get it on Amazon for $199.

And he says it takes 3 months for delivery.

Apparently Vinnie doesn't have a Prime membership.
Di3go
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Di3go »

LoveGun77 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:47 pm Does this guy do anything that is not shady or questionable? Seriously,not to be a dick,but it seems he's always involved in something that's bizarre or strange and makes no sense. Or,at other times,just blatantly rips people off. I wouldn't send him a dime for anything. There is a chance you'll never get what you paid for.
Mr. Vincent Cusano clearly enjoys living on the edge.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Phyllis Simmons wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:19 am
LordThurisaz wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:40 pm http://vinnievincent.com/product/vv-cre ... om-guitar/

Well if he's putting some $ into the parts, and a loyalist Angel or Shredder wants to drop a few Grand; then good luck to them. I guess.

I'm actually not as horrified by this as some. Yes putting up the same pictures as a Chinese knockoff website sells their $300 guitar, and then on-selling them for 4 Grand is a new low. :shock: In essence though, a Vinnie Angel would probably be able to work out that they are actually paying 3 or 4 grand for a VV autograph, on a $400 guitar!? Or maybe they couldn't? But that's on that particular Angel them self to work that stuff out.

In SMK, Gene brags that he gets his Punisher Basses made in Korea on order. I forget the figures been a while since I read it, but it costs him maybe $900 to land and he sells them for what 3 grand? Not to mention the crap that Paul smashes and sells for 5x what they might be worth?! Horses for courses, so I'm not quite has horrified by this as some. And its VV so you know there will be an element of dodgy-ness around any deal...
Those likely aren't made in Korea anymore. Korean quality is pretty top notch, and their prices have gone up as a result. They are likely Indonesia or China manufactured now. Furthermore, they are likely built by a proper factory, whereas these DHgate specials are built in a slop shop with little QC.
detroit_01
Banned
Banned

Post by detroit_01 »

aliexpress and dhgate will build it if you pay them fake or not. just don't fall for it. DO NOT GIVE CHINA 1 PENNY for their lockdown, masks and global communist take over... NOT 1 PENNY to CHINA. ever.
Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

I almost wish Sphinx were here to comment on this. I can imagine his diatribe now.
Frehley's Vomit

Post by Frehley's Vomit »

Homer Simpson wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:36 am I almost wish Sphinx were here to comment on this. I can imagine his diatribe now.
He would sidestep it.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Frehley's Vomit wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:40 am
Homer Simpson wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:36 am I almost wish Sphinx were here to comment on this. I can imagine his diatribe now.
He would sidestep it.
Not enter the thread at all. Definitely sidestep it in other threads.