Prediction: The KISS Kruise will be cancelled

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Leif Karoo
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Prediction: The KISS Kruise will be cancelled

Post by Leif Karoo »

The deadline for KISS Kruisers to cancel the Kruise with refunds was last week. A lot of people from outside the US must have cancelled + those who do not want the vaccine.

Since then I saw another KISSfaqer who was like 145 on the waitlist get called to book so I knew at least 145 cabins had cancelled.

I am seeing bunches of Kruise ads in my Facebook today saying you can book now so if they are advertising I think they are hurting.

And there is a big discussion on there about how many cabins are available now. More than half the ship cancelled. You can have pretty much any kind of room you want except the high dollar suites.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thekiss ... 057795955/

According to the comments here all the cabins went up by $300 too over what they cost when original people booked them.
Soylent Gene
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: Prediction: The KISS Kruise will be cancelled

Post by Soylent Gene »

Cruises were a germfest BEFORE Covid.
drgbootz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by drgbootz »

I was once Sixthman’s biggest supporter, but the way they’ve handled their overseas customers has been an absolute PR disaster…I have attended 9
Leif Karoo
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Leif Karoo »

drgbootz wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:41 pm I was once Sixthman’s biggest supporter, but the way they’ve handled their overseas customers has been an absolute PR disaster…I have attended 9
Agree. When they cancelled for last year they were sharing a video of Paul saying they would wait til 2021 because they "didn't want to cruise until everyone can be together." What happened to that?

Now it is even up in the air if Canadians will be able to travel let alone the rest of the world. Sixthman doesn't want to wait til all their guests are able togo and it really stinks. Especially for those who have done them all.
cowboytoast
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by cowboytoast »

If i'm not mistaken - from what I've read in past years it seems like a lot of the cruise attendees are "repeat customers" - people that go every year and base their vacation around it - I've never been but if a ticket dropped in my hand I would check it out-
Ace of Bass
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ace of Bass »

Their travel insurance partner is going to go bankrupt if they cancel/reschedule.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Soylent Gene wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:38 pm Cruises were a germfest BEFORE Covid.
KIϟϟentery ... lots and lots of KIϟϟentery!
TwistedTaste
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by TwistedTaste »

Soylent Gene wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:38 pm Cruises were a germfest BEFORE Covid.
No shit. You’d have to be nuts to go on a cruise right now
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

Leif Karoo wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:30 pm The deadline for KISS Kruisers to cancel the Kruise with refunds was last week. A lot of people from outside the US must have cancelled + those who do not want the vaccine.

Since then I saw another KISSfaqer who was like 145 on the waitlist get called to book so I knew at least 145 cabins had cancelled.

I am seeing bunches of Kruise ads in my Facebook today saying you can book now so if they are advertising I think they are hurting.

And there is a big discussion on there about how many cabins are available now. More than half the ship cancelled. You can have pretty much any kind of room you want except the high dollar suites.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thekiss ... 057795955/

According to the comments here all the cabins went up by $300 too over what they cost when original people booked them.
I was the number 145. I sure am glad I could book a room before prices went up!
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

KISS is all about germs. Kissing is full of germs. Many KISS songs are about sex. Sex is full of germs. Gene spits blood. Drinking blood is very risky for getting diseases. :)
spongeworthy
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by spongeworthy »

Wow prices have really gone up! On KK2 I was in a tenth deck balcony cabin for $1650. My cabin mate didn't make it on board and I had the whole thing to my self.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Never understood the appeal of cruises. KISS or otherwise.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:35 pm Never understood the appeal of cruises. KISS or otherwise.
The appeal to me is getting to interact with other fans.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

southernkiss wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:55 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:35 pm Never understood the appeal of cruises. KISS or otherwise.
That would be hell to me - just in a general sense. My idea of a vacation does not include being imprisoned with others in a small space.

Even when I went to the KISS Konvention and had my fill, I couldn't get the fuck out of there fast enough.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

I could maybe do without the cruise aspect...never been on a cruise myself, but if it were the original band and Paul could still actually sing, the concept of the KISS Kruise sounds fucking awesome to me. A gathering of KISS die-hards and multiple KISS related events in an official capacity with setlists that cater to the die-hards? I would have shit myself if they were doing these between 96-01!
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Oh god.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

joma5477 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:12 pm
I could maybe do without the cruise aspect...never been on a cruise myself, but if it were the original band and Paul could still actually sing, the concept of the KISS Kruise sounds fucking awesome to me. A gathering of KISS die-hards and multiple KISS related events in an official capacity with setlists that cater to the die-hards? I would have shit myself if they were doing these between 96-01!
I cringe just looking at KISS Kruise photos. :)
mrmajester
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mrmajester »

I went on the first 2 and it was a lot of fun but that was enough for me really, they are good fun and you do meet some really cool people it really was a KISSNATION.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

Just curious, question for past attendees - what would you say is the estimated male-to-female ratio? Or even more specifically, do single females attend?

Not that I'm interested for myself (the rooms seem claustrophobic unless you pay the real big bucks which I guess is typical, plus I don't want a "Kiss relationship"), but do single guys go on it hoping to meet someone? Because aren't cruises supposed to be a floating non-stop meet-up machine? :cheese:
KingOfHearts89
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Maybe if they promised to play 'new' deep cuts again they might get traffic from the KISS army. Ultimately, that's what the kruise was meant to be for.
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

I've only been on one - my wife and I were looking to book a short break somewhere weird and I saw a cruise ship leaving locally that was going to Torshavn in the Faroe Islands which although it's pretty much next door to Scotland is a tough place to get to normally.

Odd setup, as the dining was semi-formal with you assigned to a table with another couple...the first night we got landed with a golf club bore and his twittery wee wife, and my good lady told me she'd rather starve for the rest of the trip than repeat the experience.

It was pretty clear they normally catered for an old-person demographic and the food and "entertainment" were geared towards that...I got talking to one of the chefs who tipped us off about a buffet on the go in another part of the ship and we ended up using that for the rest of the trip.

I can say I've done it, but I wouldn't be rushing to do it again.
wayfarer
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by wayfarer »

Gene posted on his Twitter everyone attending has to be vaccinated to Kruise...

The elephant in the room being the time between the Kruise ending and the Australian tour beginning...the band gains an extra 1-2 days just traveling to Australia and then having to quarantine for 14 days on arrival...bit hard to do when there is roughly 12 days between the Kruise ending and the first show of the Oz tour...

Find it hard to believe the Oz tour will go ahead considering the whole Covid climate at the moment in Australia...GNR have a stadium tour scheduled around the same time...I'm thinking come October it will be rescheduled for 2022...
Tbond
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Tbond »

Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:02 pm
That would be hell to me - just in a general sense. My idea of a vacation does not include being imprisoned with others in a small space.

Even when I went to the KISS Konvention and had my fill, I couldn't get the fuck out of there fast enough.
Totally agree.

A friend and I went to KKII in 2012.

While it was fun to a certain degree, I was over it by the time we went back to Florida.

Not a Kiss snob - - - or snob of any kind - - - but, the drunken annoying behavior of thousands of fans on a boat, ugh, just give me shivers thinking back.

The friend and I are gym rats, and we hit the cruise ship gym the second day ; aside from Shannon and her trainer, and one other couple, we were the only ones in there.

And when you got on deck (or anywhere really) you could see why we were in an empty gym - - - obese man and women with most of their clothes off, who didn't care what they ate or what they drank.

And the clinging to long hair (with huge bald spots) with some of the guys, or the poodle perm hair styles that were out of fashion by 1990 for the women, the daisy duke shorts on these women who are now 30 lbs. overweight themselves.

It was halfway fun, glad I went, but zero desire to ever go again.
Tito

Post by Tito »

Tbond wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:34 am Totally agree.

While it was fun to a certain degree, I was over it by the time we went back to Florida.

Not a Kiss snob - - - or snob of any kind - - - but, the drunken annoying behavior of thousands of fans on a boat, ugh, just give me shivers thinking back.

The friend and I are gym rats, and we hit the cruise ship gym the second day ; aside from Shannon and her trainer, and one other couple, we were the only ones in there.

And when you got on deck (or anywhere really) you could see why we were in an empty gym - - - obese man and women with most of their clothes off, who didn't care what they ate or what they drank.

And the clinging to long hair (with huge bald spots) with some of the guys, or the poodle perm hair styles that were out of fashion by 1990 for the women, the daisy duke shorts on these women who are now 30 lbs. overweight themselves.

Definitely not a snob of any kind. Well, except fashion and weight a little bit. :roll:
slipkid69
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by slipkid69 »

Yes being trapped at sea with a boat full of people who resemble this place sounds like a dream vacation.
:lol:
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:41 pm
joma5477 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:12 pm
I cringe just looking at KISS Kruise photos. :)
Well, you're right...the thought of it today doesn't sound very awesome. The current band and a ship full of rowdy 40-60 year olds? Thank god the music aspect of it sounds more like a punishment than a dream concert. However, 25 years ago...with an infinitely more interesting band, me being in my early 20s, and presumably a ship full of people in their 20s-40s...we're probably talking a much different experience.

Cruises in general? I dunno. There are things that sound interesting about them, like an all-inclusive type resort on a ship and hitting several interesting destinations in fantastic weather...but they also sound overly crowded. Spending the day around a pool with 250 of your closest stranger friends doesn't sound particularly appealing...and the rooms don't sound very comfortable to get away and relax in privacy for a while.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

slipkid69 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:34 am
Yes being trapped at sea with a boat full of people who resemble this place sounds like a dream vacation.
Of course. It will be KISSFAQ come to life!

There is nothing like conversing with irritating KISS fans such as myself! :)
Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

redinthesky wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:37 am Just curious, question for past attendees - what would you say is the estimated male-to-female ratio? Or even more specifically, do single females attend?

Not that I'm interested for myself (the rooms seem claustrophobic unless you pay the real big bucks which I guess is typical, plus I don't want a "Kiss relationship"), but do single guys go on it hoping to meet someone? Because aren't cruises supposed to be a floating non-stop meet-up machine? :cheese:
Pretty sure that chick with the Peter vag tattoo was single!
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:28 am
redinthesky wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:37 am Just curious, question for past attendees - what would you say is the estimated male-to-female ratio? Or even more specifically, do single females attend?

I use the master bedroom of my house as a KISS Room and sleep in a smaller bedroom. The KISS Kruise is about the only place I can think of where that might be acceptable with a lady.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:28 am

vinniestkulick
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by vinniestkulick »

Same.
Kiss-Army-Sergeant
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Kiss-Army-Sergeant »

You couldn't pay me to go on a cruise. I wasn't a fan of them before COVID and I especially am not a fan of them right now. I'd rather go to a convention at this point as at least I can get out of there whenever I want.
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

My wife and I have vowed to never cruise. Besides the germ aspects, which as pointed out pre-date covid, there have been numerous stories in recent years about problematic cruises. Some hit rough seas leading to a ship full of vomit. Some hit icebergs and go down. It's terrible. :lol:

But seriously, cruises hold little appeal to me. I don't like being crammed into areas with a bunch of people, and the public drunkeness as mentioned makes things less enjoyable. I still enjoy concerts and sporting events, but even those can sometimes be ruined by a few people who don't know how to behave in public.

Having said this, I'm in no way discounting the fun people have on cruises and the KISS Kruise in particular. Just not my cup of tea.
Frances50
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Frances50 »

I was on all nine of the Kruises. I met some great people from around the world, went to some great destinations, bought jewelry and did some meet and greets with the band. I would do it all over again at some time in the future, but not now. My cabinmate and I cancelled our reservations. Too many variables and the chance of getting quarantined on board because of a flawed COVID test was enough for us to say, "no thanks."
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

Tbond wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:34 am

Totally agree.

Sounds like time travel back to the 70’s but not as good.
His Majesty
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by His Majesty »

That would be great on a swingers' cruise.

Otherwise, no...
Kiss-Army-Sergeant
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Kiss-Army-Sergeant »

If vaccinations aren't required, I can't see why KISS members would even want to take part in the cruise and potentially put themselves at risk before their Aussie tour. Even if they've been vaccinated, you can still get the virus. And even if KISS plans to go ahead with the cruise, I can't imagine they'd be that receptive to meet and greets with fans like the pre-COVID 19 days.
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

I have afriend who met his wife on the Kruise.

Honestly, in general I would think this is a horrible place to plan on meeting someone romantically. Last thing I need is my wife being a KISS Fan. We would be bankrupt.
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

Frances50 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:59 am I was on all nine of the Kruises. I met some great people from around the world, went to some great destinations, bought jewelry and did some meet and greets with the band. I would do it all over again at some time in the future, but not now. My cabinmate and I cancelled our reservations. Too many variables and the chance of getting quarantined on board because of a flawed COVID test was enough for us to say, "no thanks."
They need to remove the testing requirement right now for this and flights. If you have a vaccination why would you need to take a test that is reliably faulty? What if all they have on board are the Chinese Anal use test kits? How's that working out?
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

The Kruise will not be cancelled at this point. Too much revenue still there even for a Cruise line. I am frankly shocked that Sixthman has made it through this far without a Bankruptcy. They need this cash.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:04 am
I've only been on one - my wife and I were looking to book a short break somewhere weird and I saw a cruise ship leaving locally that was going to Torshavn in the Faroe Islands which although it's pretty much next door to Scotland is a tough place to get to normally.

Odd setup, as the dining was semi-formal with you assigned to a table with another couple...the first night we got landed with a golf club bore and his twittery wee wife, and my good lady told me she'd rather starve for the rest of the trip than repeat the experience.

It was pretty clear they normally catered for an old-person demographic and the food and "entertainment" were geared towards that...I got talking to one of the chefs who tipped us off about a buffet on the go in another part of the ship and we ended up using that for the rest of the trip.

I assume that your wife is a KISS fan. I hope you didn't drag her on a ship with the freaks. :D
Doose

Post by Doose »

I got an email the other day saying cabins were available on the cruise, and I'm not even on the wait list.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

kisshall2 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:08 pm

Honestly, in general I would think this is a horrible place to plan on meeting someone romantically. Last thing I need is my wife being a KISS Fan. We would be bankrupt.
It worked in Hollywood for Jack and Rose. :)
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

southernkiss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Yes, but they were among a much higher class of people than KISS fans.
His Majesty

Post by His Majesty »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:23 pm

Well, Jack was in steerage, where most KISS fans would be, so...
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

His Majesty wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:35 pm

Yes, but even still - he dressed better than most KISS fans.
His Majesty

Post by His Majesty »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:38 pm
His Majesty wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:35 pm

Yes, but even still - he dressed better than most KISS fans.
No arguments there. :lol:
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

Tbond wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:34 am A friend and I went to KKII in 2012.

Haha, some vivid descriptions there. I enjoyed reading it. :)

Personally, I prefer not to go anywhere on vacation except the family summer house. I don't like to be around a mass of people.
peopleselbow
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by peopleselbow »

THIS !!!!!!
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:14 pm
Glasgow Kiss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:04 am

I assume that your wife is a KISS fan. I hope you didn't drag her on a ship with the freaks. :D
Only in the loosest possible sense...she's of the age group where kids were actively rebelling against everything that bands like Kiss represented, but I think she's become a bit of a closet fan through osmosis - there's certainly some things she's heard that have provoked a raised eyebrow and a "Wait...that's Kiss...?"

Nevertheless, I firmly believe if I ever suggested going on a Kiss Kruise she'd tell me in no uncertain terms to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.