The Start of the Kiss A&E Documentary

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Kiss-Army-Sergeant
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

The Start of the Kiss A&E Documentary

Post by Kiss-Army-Sergeant »

Not sure if this was posted already, but someone put up what looks like the beginning of the KISS A&E documentary that was shown at Tribeca on YOUTUBE.

joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: The Start of the Kiss A&E Documentary

Post by joma5477 »

I just realized today YouTube TV, my TV provider,, doesn't have A&E...I've started looking into alternative viewing options. After seeing the first 5 minutes of that...not sure if I should bother.
Kiss-Army-Sergeant
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Kiss-Army-Sergeant »

joma5477 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:21 pm I just realized today YouTube TV, my TV provider,, doesn't have A&E...I've started looking into alternative viewing options. After seeing the first 5 minutes of that...not sure if I should bother.
My guess is it will be on YOUTUBE within hours after airing.
alivecatman
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by alivecatman »

First minute or so is still missing
missingdiver
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by missingdiver »

Sorta looks and sounds...familiar? Like the intro to every Kiss video ever made. Slow motionn...Paul and Gene regurgitating the same phrases...Gene mentioning the gauntlet...im sure Paul will mention at some point he’s not a ham..he’s the whole pig.
41Mets
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by 41Mets »

joma5477 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:21 pm I just realized today YouTube TV, my TV provider,, doesn't have A&E...I've started looking into alternative viewing options. After seeing the first 5 minutes of that...not sure if I should bother.
You can get a seven day free trial to Fubo TV, watch the doc, and be done with it
redfield
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by redfield »

41Mets wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:19 pm
You can get a seven day free trial to Fubo TV, watch the doc, and be done with it
And with VPN Access I just head over to A&E s website and can stream the doc for free ?? I thought that some cable network subscription was needed, no?
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

redfield wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:33 am
And with VPN Access I just head over to A&E s website and can stream the doc for free ?? I thought that some cable network subscription was needed, no?
Let me know if that works...
41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

redfield wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:33 am
Not sure about that. You can just get a Fubo trial as a streaming app and watch the doc because they have A and E.
Metalion_SOS
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Metalion_SOS »

I bet there will be a live Love Gun with a montage of different stages with explosions going off.
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Was that Shout It Out Loud 96 playing at the start?
Miss Kitty
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Miss Kitty »

Sometimes A&E lets you watch shows for free on their site.
JJ Smalling II
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by JJ Smalling II »

alanrosembung wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:38 pm Was that Shout It Out Loud 96 playing at the start?
It sounded a lot like the 77 Alive II version to me, which I found a little annoying. Wish they just showcased mostly the classic lineup for most of that opener.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Diss

Post by Diss »

Good Lord, they edit the tired, soulless current lineup to make it look as if they're performing the Alive II version of SIOL, and that's how they open the show. Pretty much tells me everything I need to know. Seriously, that's just wrong.
Miss Kitty
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Miss Kitty »

Kiss-Army-Sergeant wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:55 am Not sure if this was posted already, but someone put up what looks like the beginning of the KISS A&E documentary that was shown at Tribeca on YOUTUBE.

Interesting. Looks mostly new kiss though, not classic kiss. I'd still watch it.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

missingdiver wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:35 pm Sorta looks and sounds...familiar? Like the intro to every Kiss video ever made. Slow motionn...Paul and Gene regurgitating the same phrases...Gene mentioning the gauntlet...im sure Paul will mention at some point he’s not a ham..he’s the whole pig.
And 'greatest tour they've ever done'. Ya right.
sabresaxon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by sabresaxon »

Hopefully it begins with with a disclaimer warning those with sensitive bullshit meters.
ACESTATION

Post by ACESTATION »

sabresaxon wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:59 pm Hopefully it begins with with a disclaimer warning those with sensitive bullshit meters.
I made it to the 4:15 mark that was where it ended. ha.
cowboytoast
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by cowboytoast »

Everyone that belongs to this forum LOVES the band - most of us have made snarky comments from time to time but we are still here-

I expect NOTHING new from this documentary - Gene & Paul have always been about promoting the current things they are up to - in this case the "End Of The Road" tour -

I hope I am wrong - but I fully expect to hear them say the same stuff we've heard in the other documentaries since the reunion-

Again I hope I am wrong - I LOVE to see stuff I've never seen - I was a kid again when I saw that Coventry 1973 footage - I still watch it in awe- I a't t into words how excited I was hahaha

But by the looks of what I've seen so far - this A&E thing seems to have the same production values of any other reality show/documentary they've done over there -which is a shame - I think that our boys deserve the same sort of quality as the Beatles Anthology - but maybe our boys don't care about it as much as the Beatles?

If it was a TRUE and thorough history of the band - the final word on the band by the band - they would've done whatever it takes to make sure all members were involved and interviewed - (that means Ms. Vinnie too)

My gut feeling is that it's the last and best documentary until the next one
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

cowboytoast wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:42 pm If it was a TRUE and thorough history of the band - the final word on the band by the band - they would've done whatever it takes to make sure all members were involved and interviewed - (that means Ms. Vinnie too)
Beyond even INSANE amounts of money? 😄

It’ll be interesting to see how well they handle that via existing interview clips. Ace and Peter ought to be there but they’ve given a lot of interviews. Is there anything they can add to the story that they haven’t already said somewhere? When it comes to the early years, i think the original four still stick together and tell the tale the same way.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Imagine you get married at 22 to a smoking hot girl who is also 22. You have an amazing 10 years of sex, love and fun, and all of your other 20-something friends love her.

Then you get divorced.

You marry another girl at 50. She's 45. You've now been together 20 years and are the happiest and most productive you've ever been. But all of your burnout friends from 50 years ago keep saying, "You should have stayed married to your first wife! She was so hot, and we had so much fun with her!"

That's how "fans" are behaving with this documentary, and the band in general.
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

Diss wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:53 pm Good Lord, they edit the tired, soulless current lineup to make it look as if they're performing the Alive II version of SIOL, and that's how they open the show. Pretty much tells me everything I need to know. Seriously, that's just wrong.
don`t tell old Andy‚ but everything ”kiss“ has done these last 20 years is just wrong---- 😁
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

Diss wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:53 pm Good Lord, they edit the tired, soulless current lineup to make it look as if they're performing the Alive II version of SIOL, and that's how they open the show.
Ah well, i remember hearing Alive II and Alive III in the old Reunion tour spots — someone who hadn’t been around to listen thru the prior couple of decades might have expected a really energetic show from the sound of those ads.
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Doose wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 pm Imagine you get married at 22 to a smoking hot girl who is also 22. You have an amazing 10 years of sex, love and fun, and all of your other 20-something friends love her.

Then you get divorced.

You marry another girl at 50. She's 45. You've now been together 20 years and are the happiest and most productive you've ever been. But all of your burnout friends from 50 years ago keep saying, "You should have stayed married to your first wife! She was so hot, and we had so much fun with her!"

Your analogy only holds if the guy in the new marriage dresses the new wife up to look exactly like the old wife, and brings up how much of a loser the old wife is in every conversation.

And if the first wife was instrumental in setting up the guy’s business, and the guy bought her out thirty years ago and pretends he did it all and she was a millstone around his neck.

Oh, and everyone still likes the first wife more than the new wife. And the husband.
TwistedTaste
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by TwistedTaste »

Doose wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 pm Imagine you get married at 22 to a smoking hot girl who is also 22. You have an amazing 10 years of sex, love and fun, and all of your other 20-something friends love her.

Then you get divorced.

Kiss have been nowhere’s near the “most productive they’ve ever been.”
Two shit albums in 21 years? :D

They are just touring over and over again to take your money. That’s the end game. Whether it is opening for Aerosmith, joining up with another semi-popular group like Leppard or Crue to do-headline arenas because they can no longer do it on their own and want to make it look like they can still fill arenas - or pulling another farewell card to try and fill arenas on their own. It’s all about padding their income.

Happiness has nothing to do about. Look how absolutely miserable Paul comes off the last decade or two.
Diss

Post by Diss »

alanrosembung wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:15 pm

Then you get divorced.

Your analogy only holds if the guy in the new marriage dresses the new wife up to look exactly like the old wife, and brings up how much of a loser the old wife is in every conversation.

And if the first wife was instrumental in setting up the guy’s business, and the guy bought her out thirty years ago and pretends he did it all and she was a millstone around his neck.

Oh, and everyone still likes the first wife more than the new wife. And the husband.
Ha, thank you, I've been saying the same thing for years when Gene and Paul trot out the old "ex wife" analogy. Hey, if you ae doing something original and different, then yes, that's an easy analogy to make. But as you say, when you have your "new wife" dressing as your old wife, adopting her personality traits, saying the exact same things she was known to say, wearing the same clothes she once wore, going by the same nickname she once used, etc., etc., then ... it suddenly becomes weird. Real weird.
Hereticdelespace
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by Hereticdelespace »

Hey ! It's my first post ! 😊
Do you know if A&E documentary had subtiles ? (I'm French... The only one here ? Ahah)
KF73
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KF73 »

We just cut the cable and went to YouTube TV and love it. First thing I noticed was no A&E and I told the wife that was an issue with the documentary coming up. However, I just signed up for a free 7-day trial of FuboTV and they have A&E. I think there are other streaming providers you can do free trials with and they have A&E.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

You can also watch it live on this website, I posted it in another thread but in case that's not seen --

http://tv247.us/watch/ae/
ftjr1974
Banned
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

missingdiver wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:35 pm Sorta looks and sounds...familiar? Like the intro to every Kiss video ever made. Slow motionn...Paul and Gene regurgitating the same phrases...Gene mentioning the gauntlet...im sure Paul will mention at some point he’s not a ham..he’s the whole pig.
Or if you wanna love us, great. If you wanna hate us, that's fine too. If you're in the middle, get out.
ftjr1974
Banned
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

Diss wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:19 am
alanrosembung wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:15 pm

Then you get divorced.

Ha, thank you, I've been saying the same thing for years when Gene and Paul trot out the old "ex wife" analogy. Hey, if you ae doing something original and different, then yes, that's an easy analogy to make. But as you say, when you have your "new wife" dressing as your old wife, adopting her personality traits, saying the exact same things she was known to say, wearing the same clothes she once wore, going by the same nickname she once used, etc., etc., then ... it suddenly becomes weird. Real weird.
Great analogy guys.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

KF73 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:08 am
We just cut the cable and went to YouTube TV and love it. First thing I noticed was no A&E and I told the wife that was an issue with the documentary coming up. However, I just signed up for a free 7-day trial of FuboTV and they have A&E. I think there are other streaming providers you can do free trials with and they have A&E.
Yep, I signed up for a free week last night, too. Also need to evaluate it and see if I prefer it over YTTV...
mot$$33
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mot$$33 »

In seven hours, no one can gloat that they have seen “exclusives”.
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

mot$$33 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:52 am In seven hours, no one can gloat that they have seen “exclusives”.
And i’m guessing none have seen Part 2, so we’ll all be on a level field for first-time reactions.
KF73
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KF73 »

joma5477 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:12 am
KF73 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:08 am
Yep, I signed up for a free week last night, too. Also need to evaluate it and see if I prefer it over YTTV...
So far YTTV all the way. Can't beat the unlimited cloud storage. Plus I prefer how it navigates, searches, and is laid out better. I did pretty extensive research and you really can't beat YTTV for the price. The only thing I can't stand are the "commercial breaks" with our Samsung TV. Sometimes when shows return from the commercials certain channels seem to slow down and lower in quality, but if we hit the forward button it fixes it. Weird glitch, but we are saving almost $150 a month after dumping Direct TV.