Gene’s lion roar

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Gene’s lion roar

Post by alanrosembung »

You know I don’t think I’ve ever seen the addition to his bass solo for the EOTR tour mentioned on here.

He lip synches a silly Godzilla roar after he spits the blood.
Kisscandinavia
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: Gene’s lion roar

Post by Kisscandinavia »

...wonder why some people don't take Kiss' music seriously...
LoveGuns

Post by LoveGuns »

Its actually T Rex roar from Jurassic Park
peterparker78
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by peterparker78 »

LoveGuns wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:55 am Its actually T Rex roar from Jurassic Park
Fun tip: pause the movie at that point, crank your sound system up to infinity. Then unpause :D ....
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

Think of the pranks the crew could pull on him with this. Imagine the bloody, sweatty, Demon standing there in the moment …. Then they Nix the Dino roar and insert ….a baby crying. A car horn. A female opera yodel. A burp. Actually come to think of it I’m surprised Eric hasn’t arranged that yet LOL
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

JohnBergless wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:39 am Think of the pranks the crew could pull on him with this. Imagine the bloody, sweatty, Demon standing there in the moment …. Then they Nix the Dino roar and insert ….a baby crying. A car horn. A female opera yodel. A burp. Actually come to think of it I’m surprised Eric hasn’t arranged that yet LOL
Great idea, but Gene doesn't seem like a guy who is receptive to pranks particularly when it comes to their shows. You see what happens when a spotlight is out of place.
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

JohnBergless wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:39 am Think of the pranks the crew could pull on him with this. Imagine the bloody, sweatty, Demon standing there in the moment …. Then they Nix the Dino roar and insert ….a baby crying. A car horn. A female opera yodel. A burp. Actually come to think of it I’m surprised Eric hasn’t arranged that yet LOL
Now THAT would be awesome.
moshpitwookie
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by moshpitwookie »

I thought this would be a thread about Gene's roar in Kiss Meets The Phantom
KingOfHearts89
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

alanrosembung wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:02 am
He lip synches a silly Godzilla roar after he spits the blood.
I'm gonna need videos from multiple nights in sync with each other otherwise he is doing it live :wink:
kenn.ace

Post by kenn.ace »

CStomp1 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:43 am
Great idea, but Gene doesn't seem like a guy who is receptive to pranks particularly when it comes to their shows. You see what happens when a spotlight is out of place.
Yeah, I can only imagine the amount of swearing going on and how long the show would be stopped for if that prank was pulled on Gene after the reaction to a spotlight being out of place..
peterparker78
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by peterparker78 »

Apparently when Iron Maiden supported (1980 Euro Tour) a rubber chicken was attached to Ace's flying guitar wire & Kiss got custard pied on stage on either a band member's birthday or end of one leg of the tour. A few folk have wondered to me what would happen if the red stuff Gene uses to 'spit bood', he half swallowed & half inhaled it and had a coughing & spluttering fit instead of the cool blood spitting. That would be less than cool....
johnsaidwhat
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by johnsaidwhat »

God , send to Eric
C
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by C »

moshpitwookie wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:36 pm I thought this would be a thread about Gene's roar in Kiss Meets The Phantom
me too, I've never seen any discussion about it
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

To me it’s the sort of thing that should have been tried out in rehearsal and the rest of the band says ah yeah, doesn’t work. It’s bizarre they kept it in.
TwistedTaste
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by TwistedTaste »

C wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:18 pm
moshpitwookie wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:36 pm I thought this would be a thread about Gene's roar in Kiss Meets The Phantom
me too, I've never seen any discussion about it
That ridiculous fake lion roar killed Kiss, that’s why it’s never brought up
Last edited by TwistedTaste on Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Doesn't he roar at end of GOT on A2
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Kissoff wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:22 pm Doesn't he roar at end of GOT on A2
Uh, no. Why do you think that?
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

alanrosembung wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:01 pm
Kissoff wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:22 pm Doesn't he roar at end of GOT on A2
Uh, no. Why do you think that?
Just thought I recalled a roar at end of that one. Guess I recalled wrong.
Forevertj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Forevertj »

SAME!
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

CStomp1 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:43 am

If Gene is anything like Ace, he'll throw a water bottle at Eric.