Ticket Sales

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Agerst1574
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Ticket Sales

Post by Agerst1574 »

Lots of different shows went on sale this morning including Kiss, Eric Clapton and Tedeschi Trucks. Picked up tickets for all three. Tedeschi Trucks has seven nights at the Beacon in NYC, and I bought tickets for one of them. The run is almost sold out.

I also purchased tickets to see Eric Clapton in New Orleans which surprisingly is close to selling out given the ticket prices.

I also bought tickets for Kiss in West Palm Beach. I already sat in the first ten rows for two shows on the EOTR so I decided on a mid priced ticket given it is a shed. Pretty stunned to see how many tickets are left after the presales and first day of sale. Literally almost every seat in the second section which is quite a bit. Along with the Korn, and Black Crowes tour this tour might be one of the weakest selling ticket. They will be giving tickets away for this.
mot$$33
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Ticket Sales

Post by mot$$33 »

Let the papering begin!!
Geezer26
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Geezer26 »

I was able to buy 4 tickets for West Palm Beach during peesales. Got up front about 12 rows back in Sec 1. 2 of them were priced at $165 and the other 2 on thr ailse were $195 each. In section 2 (center section) prices went for $800 to $900 in row 4. Mid section tickets are $531 each and back of section 2 they were $321 each. And this was before all the bullshit Ticketmaster surcharges and fees. Iam happy wirh what we got. I've sat in the 4th row for the Sunrise Fl show and did the meet and greet so Iam content. Happy I get to see them again. Thought the Sunrise show was it for me. But the really high prices are maybe why they arent moving more quickly.
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

I bought tickets for Black Label Society today!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Doomed.
Homer Simpson
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Homer Simpson »

Agerst1574 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:43 am Lots of different shows went on sale this morning....

I also bought tickets for Kiss in West Palm Beach. I already sat in the first ten rows for two shows on the EOTR so I decided on a mid priced ticket given it is a shed. Pretty stunned to see how many tickets are left after the presales and first day of sale. Literally almost every seat in the second section which is quite a bit. Along with the Korn, and Black Crowes tour this tour might be one of the weakest selling ticket. They will be giving tickets away for this.

People are starved for entertainment, but there are a lot of acts just as anxious to get back on the road. I tend to think there will be a lot more competition for concertgoers than normal. Given how expensive concerts are these days and so many acts on the road at once, it will be interesting to see how things unfold for a lot of acts.
enabler
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by enabler »

Homer Simpson wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:59 pm People are starved for entertainment, but there are a lot of acts just as anxious to get back on the road. I tend to think there will be a lot more competition for concertgoers than normal.
This. 2020 was set up to be a jam-packed (no pun intended) year for tours before covid shut everything down. Now you have those acts that had already planned to tour, plus acts that are now ready to tour, all going out. The battle for fans' wallets is just beginning. And, there's always a contingent of people who wait to see what the weather may be like before buying outdoor tickets.
jconnors

Post by jconnors »

All 3 dates around me are wed/thur shows. Days I have to work so I will have to pass.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

The 72 remaining shows are gonna average $1M at the gate.

Remember who said it.
Doose

Post by Doose »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:52 pm The 72 remaining shows are gonna average $1M at the gate.

Remember who said it.
At least a million. I think these shows are going to do even better business than the first part of the tour.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:50 pmDoomed.
....every year, yes. :lol:
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:52 pm The 72 remaining shows are gonna average $1M at the gate.

Remember who said it.
Everyone and their brother is going to make out like gang busters touring post COVID as people are starving for live shows. So even Kiss’ “semi-live” show should do ok.

I’m sure promoters are still a little worried given the beating they took on the EOTR tour.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

TwistedTaste wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:24 pm

Remember who said it.
Everyone and their brother is going to make out like gang busters touring post COVID as people are starving for live shows. So even Kiss’ “semi-live” show should do ok.

I’m sure promoters are still a little worried given the beating they took on the EOTR tour.
.....annnnnnnnnd there it is!

"Kiss will only do well because of Covid, people will be desperate for a live show."

There's always an "explanation" for the band doing well. :lol: :lol:

I claim my $5 :lol:
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

TheSpoiler wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:28 pm

Remember who said it.

.....annnnnnnnnd there it is!

"Kiss will only do well because of Covid, people will be desperate for a live show."

There's always an "explanation" for the band doing well. :lol: :lol:

I claim my $5 :lol:
EOTR tour was successful because of two things - embarrassingly playing the Farewell card yet again and lots of blood loss from the promoters.

IMO it shouldn’t do well - it’s a half assed lip synced show with two guys pretending to be other people and two original band members 10 years overdue to retire.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

TwistedTaste wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:34 pm IMO it shouldn’t do well - it’s a half assed lip synced show with two guys pretending to be other people and two original band members 10 years overdue to retire.
Translation: you don't want it to do well, because it fits your narrative. Be upfront about it, it's fine.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Remember who said it.

I hear you.

EOTR has done absolutely TERRIBLE business.

EOTR OVERALL (96/119 Dates Reported)
Reported attendance: 1,076,360
Reported gross: $114,647,165
Average audience: 11,212
Average gross: $1,194,241
Average price per ticket: $106.51
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:39 pm

Remember who said it.

I hear you.

See my other response - EOTR tour did ok because of the lame excuse of playing the Farewell Card again and lots of papering by the promoters.
It’s a little disconcerting seeing people celebrating a band that gets up onstage with people pretending to be other other and other guys pretending to sing and play.

A little too much pretend for my taste. It’s really a bad precedent to set and needs to be run out of the business.

I can’t believe some actually gloat over this
Much Too Soon
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Much Too Soon »

Remember who said it.
Me

$100 x 10,000 = $1,000,000 🙂
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

TwistedTaste wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:46 pm

Remember who said it.

I hear you.

See my other response - EOTR tour did ok because of the lame excuse of playing the Farewell Card again and lots of papering by the promoters.
It’s a little disconcerting seeing people celebrating a band that gets up onstage with people pretending to be other other and other guys pretending to sing and play.

A little too much pretend for my taste. It’s really a bad precedent to set and needs to be run out of the business.

You’ve said...

“promoters are still a little worried given the beating they took on the EOTR tour.”

and

“lots of papering by the promoters.”

Well...here’s the beauty of making comments like that.

The burden of proof now falls upon you to back up those claims. If not...if you can’t, then you’ve just exposed yourself as talking out of your ass. You’ve made up a statement and presented it as fact.

Have you no pride?
AceTattoo
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AceTattoo »

Homer Simpson wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:59 pm
Agerst1574 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:43 am Lots of different shows went on sale this morning....

People are starved for entertainment, but there are a lot of acts just as anxious to get back on the road. I tend to think there will be a lot more competition for concertgoers than normal. Given how expensive concerts are these days and so many acts on the road at once, it will be interesting to see how things unfold for a lot of acts.

It is true… they are starved for entertainment.. but there are a lot of issues that are going to come up. I am a manger of a distribution center in the heart of the RV industry , that also produces the tour busses.. Right now there is such a shortage of parts and materials , these units can not be produced. Manufactures here for RV’s have orders clear out to the end of the year, and are running at peak capacity. BUT have fields full of units they can’t deliver because we can’t get, sinks, blinds, electrical wire, tarp, bottom board, breakers, and the list goes on..

The busses that are currently in the world and have been rented out for tours in the past are still out there, BUT… have been unmoved, in storage and need updates , repairs … and the parts are not there.

I literally have 235 containers coming by ship that are either sitting over seas and can’t leave the port, are on the ocean and can’t get into a port.. things that were unloaded at the start or right before COVID hit are now buried in customs with multiple containers on top and around them, with not enough man power to un bury them… I have things that are arriving now that I ordered long after the containers I ordered a year ago…

There isn’t materials to make, or repair lighting, cords, staging… the list goes on.

Now add in those stacked up shipping containers, buried… now… this is creating a container shortage.. I have stuff overseas , produced , but no containers to ship them in..

This now brings up good old extortion… once we do find a container , what used to cost me 4000-6000 to ship to the US, is now 15-20000… We pay it, and no guarantee when it ships.. when and if it will get unloaded …

THEN… once it is unloaded… guess what… no trucks , or drivers. there is a huge trucking shortage.. those same trucks that would haul stages, equipment.. are not there.. once we do find one , what used to cost me 4500 to ship across country , is now 8000.00 …. It is crazy , with no end In sight .

A lot of things most people don’t see or think about… is going to cause havoc in everything we are trying to get back too.. Things are about to get bad , prices, availability, inflation… it is coming ….

This is going to directly affect entertainment …. Only huge bands with money will get what transportation and equipment is going to be available.. small bands will get left out.. so it might not be good…. Venues needing repairs , wont have the ,materials..

Scary times are coming…
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Much Too Soon wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:57 pm

Remember who said it.
Me

Brother Much, I have seen you make that claim repeatedly. It’s a pretty good estimate if you ask me.

To be honest...for most of the tour you’ve came in a pretty good clip low with that prediction.

I think it’s a little more apropos for the current itinerary.
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:00 pm

I hear you.

You’ve said...

“promoters are still a little worried given the beating they took on the EOTR tour.”

and

The burden of proof now falls upon you to back up those claims. If not...if you can’t, then you’ve just exposed yourself as talking out of your ass. You’ve made up a statement and presented it as fact.

Have you no pride?
:D Cheers bro
Thayerscomet
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Thayerscomet »

Here we go again the naysayers and doomsday people are back for another kiss ass kicking .They never learn a lesson kiss will do very well and make a ton of cash.the 2 shows i am seeing are nearly sold out
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

TwistedTaste wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:15 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:00 pm

I hear you.

You’ve said...

and

Have you no pride?
:D Cheers bro
Splendid!

Going totally belly up and not even attempting to defend your inaccuracies and deficiencies.

Bravo.

Well played!
Much Too Soon

Post by Much Too Soon »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:05 pm
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:57 pm

Remember who said it.
Me

Brother Much, I have seen you make that claim repeatedly. It’s a pretty good estimate if you ask me.

To be honest...for most of the tour you’ve came in a pretty good clip low with that prediction.

I think it’s a little more apropos for the current itinerary.
Yeah. The naysayers here made me come in a bit low on estimated average ticket sales. Should have trusted myself.
Den Dennis

Post by Den Dennis »

Fuck, you just knew this would turn into a pacman thread.
Fadingrockstar_2020
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Fadingrockstar_2020 »

I saw them twice on the EOTR 2nd row Las Vegas and nose bleeds in Los Angeles with my son and his wife, their treat. That’s all for me and I’m very with that. To anyone that goes enjoy the show, if you are even remotely thinking about going, go. I passed on the last Van Halen tour and while I was watching Dave open for Kiss I just kept thinking, no matter what I will see Van Halen the next time they tour, we all know how well that worked out.
mot$$33
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by mot$$33 »

CB0D324F-FDB7-47CA-B874-21181305234D.jpeg
Raleigh. Rescheduled show. About half or little less than half sold, not counting lawn.
Agerst1574
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Agerst1574 »

I think the other issue is there are so many bands going on the road that the competition is going to be fierce. Kiss already made their money and I am sure Live Nation will do well as well. But the larger issue is that there is only so much disposable dollars out there and certain bands who go on the road are going to get killed at the box office.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Den Dennis wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:48 pm Fuck, you just knew this would turn into a pacman thread.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

mot$$33 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:07 pm CB0D324F-FDB7-47CA-B874-21181305234D.jpegRaleigh. Rescheduled show. About half or little less than half sold, not counting lawn.
I’d say 60% sold...

But who’s counting? :D
Wichita77

Post by Wichita77 »

Fadingrockstar_2020 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:16 pm I saw them twice on the EOTR 2nd row Las Vegas and nose bleeds in Los Angeles with my son and his wife, their treat. That’s all for me and I’m very with that. To anyone that goes enjoy the show, if you are even remotely thinking about going, go. I passed on the last Van Halen tour and while I was watching Dave open for Kiss I just kept thinking, no matter what I will see Van Halen the next time they tour, we all know how well that worked out.
Amen to that. You never know when the last chance you had really was your last chance to see someone.
peopleselbow

Post by peopleselbow »

I' thinking about Chicago or Tampa but right now they can fuck off with those ticket prices.
Super Bee
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Super Bee »

AceTattoo wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:03 pm
It is true… they are starved for entertainment.. but there are a lot of issues that are going to come up. I am a manger of a distribution center in the heart of the RV industry , that also produces the tour busses.. Right now there is such a shortage of parts and materials , these units can not be produced. Manufactures here for RV’s have orders clear out to the end of the year, and are running at peak capacity. BUT have fields full of units they can’t deliver because we can’t get, sinks, blinds, electrical wire, tarp, bottom board, breakers, and the list goes on..
Interesting finding someone in the business here on the FAQ. I own a Forest River dealership here in Indiana and we are completely sold out of inventory, we have nothing. I hear the stories from my reps. Doing everything we can to hang on.

Sorry, back on topic.
worth1
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by worth1 »

I already have tickets for the Raleigh show, but would like to see them at least an additional time. I think our tickets are lawn tickets. My wife got them with some friends for a group trip so that will be great, but I would also would love to see another show where I buy the best seat in the house and really see them close.
ACESTATION

Post by ACESTATION »

Nibbler wins again possibly undefeated.
KISS does a good walk up business the day of the concert so unless we see it in person we can't judge anything until the concert.
So Cruel

Post by So Cruel »

ACESTATION wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:12 pm Nibbler wins again possibly undefeated.
KISS does a good walk up business the day of the concert so unless we see it in person we can't judge anything until the concert.
Just to play devils advocate but aren’t a lot of the late sales discounted?
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Agerst1574 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:43 am I also purchased tickets to see Eric Clapton in New Orleans which surprisingly is close to selling out given the ticket prices.

They still move around on stage more than Gene and Paul do now though!
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

ACESTATION wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:12 pm Nibbler wins again possibly undefeated.
Lol. They used to sell out in advance.
acesmiddlefinger

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Never understood the prices for concerts in America. Who decided one day that a ticket would be x amount of dollars. I could purchase five European tour tickets for the cost of one American show seeing some of those ridiculous prices.
I think tours will be really well attended at first because the vast amount of people who have been working through the pandemic have money to spend. I think the future of shows will depend on how greedy promoters are. They have been redundant for 18 months and will be looking to recoup quick profits.
KF73

Post by KF73 »

Remember who said it.
I gotta agree. I think people are itching to go to concerts again. I work with a girl who actually had to see a counselor late last year because concerts were cancelled. True story. She had a complete meltdown because all of "her shows" were cancelled. It really f'd her up. Now she is happy as a clam!

Also, Kiss over the last ten years has been a slow seller initially. Then BOOM! The show is amazingly close to sold out the week of. Even me, I am hitting Biloxi and Atlanta because naturally the new Tampa date is the same as Alice/Ace in Jacksonville that we already have tix for... bastards! It will be a few days before when I start even checking tickets and maybe day of before I pull the trigger. Sure, I check occasionally up to that point to get a feel for things, but I am a week of guy.
KF73

Post by KF73 »

So Cruel wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:40 pm
With dynamic pricing it's hard to say what is actually a "discount" per se.
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

I was just looking at tickets for the Eagles - holy cow are they expensive.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

KF73 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:45 am
No such thing as a discount.

The process is set up to maximize the gate...and it works splendidly I might add.

The “discount tickets” cry is just one of a myriad of yelps in anguish “discounting” KISS’ most successful tour ever.

KISS Army 2021
LOUD PROUD AND UNBOWED
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

nibbler1982 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:16 am

The process is set up to maximize the gate...and it works splendidly I might add.

The “discount tickets” cry is just one of a myriad of yelps in anguish “discounting” KISS’ most successful tour ever.

KISS Army 2021
LOUD PROUD AND UNBOWED
EOTR tour part 3 or is it 4? I lost count. The promoters are referring to this as “The Bloodbath continues tour” :D
Nibbler - do you include the seagulls and sharks from the Australian dingy show in your stat counts?

Also - does the Dubai pool count as a 100 people? And the Hotel is 1000? Or am I confusing that with Monopoly? Oh hell, it doesn’t matter.

Bring on Ace & the Coop - a REAL RNR show.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Fadingrockstar_2020 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:16 pm I saw them twice on the EOTR 2nd row Las Vegas and nose bleeds in Los Angeles with my son and his wife, their treat. That’s all for me and I’m very with that. To anyone that goes enjoy the show, if you are even remotely thinking about going, go. I passed on the last Van Halen tour and while I was watching Dave open for Kiss I just kept thinking, no matter what I will see Van Halen the next time they tour, we all know how well that worked out.
I saw 3/4 of VH when played the stone festival in Sydney back in 2013. MA wasn't part of the band, and Wolfgang's bass dominated the mix.

I was so happy to finally see DLR front VH again, because they never toured Australia with DLR before.
Kisscomplicated
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Kisscomplicated »

Remember who said it.

Where have you been ? 109 million dollars is not a beating.
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

TwistedTaste wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:31 am I was just looking at tickets for the Eagles - holy cow are they expensive.
Eagles current lineup is an even bigger joke than what passes as KISS.

And just like scab Fleetwood Mac with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell and two lead singers who can’t sing anymore, I bet they sell out every night.

Concerts are just full of old boomers now who don’t even know who are in the lineups and just go so they can post about it on Facebook.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

alanrosembung wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:54 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:31 am I was just looking at tickets for the Eagles - holy cow are they expensive.
Eagles current lineup is an even bigger joke than what passes as KISS.

And just like scab Fleetwood Mac with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell and two lead singers who can’t sing anymore, I bet they sell out every night.

Concerts are just full of old boomers now who don’t even know who are in the lineups and just go so they can post about it on Facebook.
I totally respect your opinion on the current Eagles lineup yet wholeheartedly disagree.

The Eagles show is fantastic. Period. I love all the songs and per usual they do a great job performing them. Vince Gill is an absolute beast and assured MVP.

And yes.

When they do the Deacon and Glenn split screen thing it’s an unashamed clubbing of nostalgia to pull at the heartstrings.

And just like the infamous crane kick...

“If do right...no can defense.”
A0219D03-02C3-4B5D-99A1-014D702C5D4C.jpeg
It works every time.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

TwistedTaste wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:08 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:16 am

KISS Army 2021
LOUD PROUD AND UNBOWED
EOTR tour part 3 or is it 4? I lost count. The promoters are referring to this as “The Bloodbath continues tour” :D
Nibbler - do you include the seagulls and sharks from the Australian dingy show in your stat counts?

Also - does the Dubai pool count as a 100 people? And the Hotel is 1000? Or am I confusing that with Monopoly? Oh hell, it doesn’t matter.

Bring on Ace & the Coop - a REAL RNR show.
Are you so foolish as to wholly contradict your position all in the same sentence?

You make fun of EOTR’s longevity when asking, “is it part 3 or 4?”

Next you say the promoters call it, “The Bloodbath continues tour”.

Thing is...the promoters, Live Nation, not only have rescheduled almost all dates they keep ADDING additional ones!

If the bloodbath were to continue they wouldn’t have added those 80 dates at the end of 2019. We wouldn’t be having legs 3, 4, and 5. Subsequently Covid-19 would’ve given them a perfect opportunity to cut their losses and pull the plug. Kind of like Ace Frehley does on tour. The cut the tour shirt ‘cause not only do they not make money...but they LOSE money going out and playing. On the other hand the resounding success that is EOTR...the promoters RESCHEDULED the dates and ADDED more on top! That’s what you do when it’s KISS’ most successful tour ever.

Your attempt to carry a lucid debate is embarrassing.