Vinnie apparently performed a 2 hours set on May 29th.

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Nately120
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Vinnie apparently performed a 2 hours set on May 29th.

Post by Nately120 »

Vinnie going out of his way to make sure the only footage of him playing guitar in the past 32 years is the convention, vault, and pre-cruise stuff is like Jim Marshall insisting the NFL destroy all film on him except the play where he ran the wrong way.

Jim Marshall on the matter - I want people to buy a ticket to see me play so they can see in person that I can actually not make the biggest blooper ever. If you want to see me play football the right way you gotta buy a ticket and see for yourself and not film it. No footage of me showing that I can perform anywhere close to the way I say I can perform is allowed to exist.
Marc Aze
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Marc Aze »

Shreds has its space. Not all the time and certainly not in every song...
Vinnie is a great musician and an excellent songwriter... it's a shame he's so lost!! :(
his contributions to Kiss are undeniable, but I understand how so many fans are tired of him.
He was in the band in my first Kiss concert (Rio 83) and he certainly has a special place in my Kisstory. :D
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by LordThurisaz »

Marc Aze wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:13 pm Shreds has its space. Not all the time and certainly not in every song...
Vinnie is a great musician and an excellent songwriter... it's a shame he's so lost!! :(
his contributions to Kiss are undeniable, but I understand how so many fans are tired of him.
He was in the band in my first Kiss concert (Rio 83) and he certainly has a special place in my Kisstory. :D
I will deny a lot of his contributions to KISS.
LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:51 am
LoveGun77 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:25 am
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:32 am
LoveGun77 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:20 am
DoggFather wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:18 am That's what I can't understand...if he REALLY shreds, why in the hell doesn't he want to prove it by allowing people to film it? Welcome to the 21st century!
That's what everyone wants to know. It doesn't make any sense,does it?
Who is "everyone"? In what way exactly does it not make sense that he isn't be pressured by some voices on the internet about proving he can play? He is not auditioning for your weekend dad band.
Because he talks so much shit about boxsets,new albums,books,new songs,being on stage blah blah blah. All talk. Then not ONE snipet of anything.

When he goes on and on about stuff and never delivers,a lot of people wanna see more. They wanna see that he can play. They wanna see how he sounds. It makes zero sense that he hides everything. Zero.
Pearl Jam didn't release anything from their latest album, before they felt like they had something to release.

It made zero sense. Zero.
Come on bro...is that really a good comparison? Even though I'm not a fan of theirs in the least,I have to say they've delivered the goods with their songs and their shows. Vinnie has done nothing for decades.
Avidfan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Avidfan »

It's natural for many people's response (including mine) to want to see proof since the last evidence we have after such a long time away was those disastrous Kruise and vault klips, again as cited earlier in this thread, he couldn't even keep up with Lick it Up.
I'd love to see him 'shred' or just play some Invasion ort ASG stuff, but the only proof I have is those vids that were not very convincing.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

LoveGun77 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:56 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:51 am
LoveGun77 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:25 am
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:32 am

Who is "everyone"? In what way exactly does it not make sense that he isn't be pressured by some voices on the internet about proving he can play? He is not auditioning for your weekend dad band.
Because he talks so much shit about boxsets,new albums,books,new songs,being on stage blah blah blah. All talk. Then not ONE snipet of anything.

When he goes on and on about stuff and never delivers,a lot of people wanna see more. They wanna see that he can play. They wanna see how he sounds. It makes zero sense that he hides everything. Zero.
Pearl Jam didn't release anything from their latest album, before they felt like they had something to release.

It made zero sense. Zero.
Come on bro...is that really a good comparison? Even though I'm not a fan of theirs in the least,I have to say they've delivered the goods with their songs and their shows. Vinnie has done nothing for decades.
Is there anyone who claims to be an 'artist' out there who hasn't released any music, any footage, any anything for three decades? (The horrid chug-a-lug "Lick It Up" video doesn't even count because Vinnie had no control over that.)

It's kind of like acting. If you haven't acted in 30 years, you aren't an actor anymore, you are a former actor. Vinnie's bashes are like if a former actor put on a play in his garage, like the Little Rascals used to do.
ZachAttack
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by ZachAttack »

DoggFather wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:18 am That's what I can't understand...if he REALLY shreds, why in the hell doesn't he want to prove it by allowing people to film it? Welcome to the 21st century!

It makes perfect sense. He thinks if you see it on youtube then you won't want to pay $500 to see it in person.

If you went to the county fair would you pay $1 to see the bearded lady and the headless woman if you could pull it up on your phone and see it for free?
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

ZachAttack wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:51 pm

It makes perfect sense. He thinks if you see it on youtube then you won't want to pay $500 to see it in person.

If you went to the county fair would you pay $1 to see the bearded lady and the headless woman if you could pull it up on your phone and see it for free?
And on the other side of this, I'm not paying $500 for something sight unseen. People seem to still want to go see that Wylde fella despite all of his free jam along videos where he plays a bit to one of his songs.
Nately120

Post by Nately120 »

It makes perfect sense. Billy Joel sells out MSG every month or so and if you look for clips of him on youtube playing live you find...a whole bunch of clips of him playing live....wait a minute.
cowboytoast
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by cowboytoast »

People travelled from all over to see Vinnie when she came out of hiding a few years ago at that convention - even those 3 Sides guys who made relentless fun of Vinnie were down there sucking up and kissing ass - whether or not new video exists there are some people who will pay 500 bucks to go if playing is involved or not - just to get near the Wiz and get stuff signed and get a picture - so the only thing a 15 second clip of recent "shredding" or whatever that crap is called would do is multiply the number of people that would pay the 500 bucks - Vinnie had every chance to "shred" at that pre-cruise party a couple years ago and all Vinnie did was look uncomfortable - a show off is always a show off - and anyone who saw Vinnie in the 80's knows he can't resist showing off-
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Nately120 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:14 pm

It makes perfect sense. Billy Joel sells out MSG every month or so and if you look for clips of him on youtube playing live you find...a whole bunch of clips of him playing live....wait a minute.
If Billy Joel left the public eye for 20+ years and there were rumors he couldn't play piano anymore then he charged 10 grand a ticket for 20 people to see him play in private then yeah he probably wouldn't want anyone to film it
Lofton23rdSt

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

I don't understand why he just stood in one spot during the 1990s with tribute bands. He didn't move around at all. He also only played the "ILIL" solo.
mbrunn
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mbrunn »

cowboytoast wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:25 pm Vinnie had every chance to "shred" at that pre-cruise party a couple years ago and all Vinnie did was look uncomfortable - a show off is always a show off - and anyone who saw Vinnie in the 80's knows he can't resist showing off-
Well, except for those who saw him perform at expos in the 90s and know he did the same exact thing at those expos that he did in Miami. As I’ve told others, believe me or not that’s up to you, but what he did in Miami is very consistent with what he did in the past.

alanrosembung
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by alanrosembung »

I don’t think anyone is debating that. It was stupid then and it’s even more stupid now. The guy can’t even do the I Love It Loud solo?
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

alanrosembung wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:20 pm I don’t think anyone is debating that. It was stupid then and it’s even more stupid now. The guy can’t even do the I Love It Loud solo?
Apparently not.
Doose

Post by Doose »

ZachAttack wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:02 pm
Nately120 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:14 pm

If Billy Joel left the public eye for 20+ years and there were rumors he couldn't play piano anymore then he charged 10 grand a ticket for 20 people to see him play in private then yeah he probably wouldn't want anyone to film it
Except Billy Joel is a proven talent with a 50+ year career, multiple hits, multiple million+ selling albums, multiple sold-out tours, etc. No one would question if he could play.

Vinnie was in KISS for 4% of the band's existence, and had a failed solo career that didn't even last 2 years. He hasn't done anything in 33 years.

Hardly the same comparison.
LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

Yes I would pay $1 because it's only $1....lol

Boy all those videos of Metallica and Kenny Chesney on YouTube has sure hurt them when they are selling out every seat in a football stadium!

I'm sorry,what he does is bizarre. It makes no sense. It's bad business. I could go on and on.
LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

mbrunn wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:09 pm
cowboytoast wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:25 pm Vinnie had every chance to "shred" at that pre-cruise party a couple years ago and all Vinnie did was look uncomfortable - a show off is always a show off - and anyone who saw Vinnie in the 80's knows he can't resist showing off-
Well, except for those who saw him perform at expos in the 90s and know he did the same exact thing at those expos that he did in Miami. As I’ve told others, believe me or not that’s up to you, but what he did in Miami is very consistent with what he did in the past.

Mike,you seem like a good guy. Your posts on here are fair,intelligent and respecful,and I appreciate that.

Having said that,you have to admit this situation is bizarre. It makes no sense. It's bad business. Yes,to each their own,we could say. However,would it not benefit him in EVERY way to open things up and have footage of him playing? If he still has the chops,would it not help his cause a great deal and draw some interest from Kiss fans and other rock fans? That's one thing a lot of people keep asking. There is really no common sense reason why he would hide everything like he does.
mbrunn
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mbrunn »

LoveGun77 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:30 pm

https://youtu.be/vCCvZoPSQyE
Mike,you seem like a good guy. Your posts on here are fair,intelligent and respecful,and I appreciate that.

Having said that,you have to admit this situation is bizarre. It makes no sense. It's bad business. Yes,to each their own,we could say. However,would it not benefit him in EVERY way to open things up and have footage of him playing? If he still has the chops,would it not help his cause a great deal and draw some interest from Kiss fans and other rock fans? That's one thing a lot of people keep asking. There is really no common sense reason why he would hide everything like he does.
First, thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

I’ve said it before, it’s not the way I’d run my business but Vinnie has the right to run his business however he wants. Saying that, to ME, having been to two of these parties I get it. The demand for these parties are never going to be in the “hundreds” nor do I think Vinnie wants that (IMO). I believe that part of the draw to these events is the mystique. If you could watch it on the net, the draw might run dry. Furthermore, again my opinion, at 68 years old and with a (what I believe to be) fear of flying, I don’t think Vinnie has interest in touring. As such, (again my opinion) I don’t think he’s “concerned” with getting a greater benefit. IMO he seems extremely content and happy with the way things are.

So, if he’s happy with the draw at these shows, and has no plan to take it on the road, what benefit would it be for him to allow video from the events? Even if it was only a few seconds.

Now, if he was 25 or even 45 and trying to have a 20+ year career I’d say no way this model works long term. But, at 68, if he’s looking for a little income I think it works fine. He also keeps people talking this way, much more than if he released some video. Also, he seems very happy and so are the people attending. In my book, that’s a win.

Anyway, that’s just my two cents which might not even be worth that much....lol. And, I respect that others may see it differently.
Last edited by mbrunn on Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

Most of you "Vinnie can't play" whiners live in America, so is it really that hard to go to one of his events and see him play?

Of course it's easier to talk shit here and say "I don't care" but why do you HAVE to read every Vinnie thread and comment everything about Vinnie then?
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Kisscandinavia wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 pm Most of you "Vinnie can't play" whiners live in America, so is it really that hard to go to one of his events and see him play?

Of course it's easier to talk shit here and say "I don't care" but why do you HAVE to read every Vinnie thread and comment everything about Vinnie then?
I have better shit to spend my money on than some barely-was-somebody has-been who probably can't play anymore.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

LordThurisaz wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:54 pm
Kisscandinavia wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 pm Most of you "Vinnie can't play" whiners live in America, so is it really that hard to go to one of his events and see him play?

I have better shit to spend my money on than some barely-was-somebody has-been who probably can't play anymore.
Time is money. You seem to have plenty of time to read and comment everything about him here.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

They don't care, yet they comment non-stop on every post about him, then complain that he won't post any videos of him playing.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Well, it's obvious Vinnie's "marketing strategy" isn't working based on how few people show up to the bashes.

For a guy who a year or two ago was saying he wanted to play Maracana Stadium again, it's obvious Vinnie is clueless. The bashes result in more mocking and goofing, than mystique and intrigue.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Do you regularly spend the equivalent to $500 U.S. (plus travel and lodging) on things you have no idea what you're paying for, and on people who refuse to show you what you are buying?

If your question was a parody question disregard my reply.
THUNDER GHOST
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by THUNDER GHOST »

LordThurisaz wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:26 pm
miinsane wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:25 pm Jack doesn't allow cameras at his concert because he wants people focused on watching the show instead of filming it. The dude actually gives a shit about music and thinks that if people are paying money to see him play, they should actually watch him play.
I agree with this. I don't have an issue with someone snapping a photo, or maybe filming 30-60 seconds of their favorite song. However, the crowd as a whole at most shows these days is dead, most of all you see are phones in the air, and a bunch of piss poor sounding (and looking) video on YouTube. I think enough is enough, and the electronic devices should not be allowed in venues.
I'm glad you can see clips from practically any show within hours of it's conclusion.. I just watched the recent Night Ranger full show from Sea World and it ended up giving me a new appreciation for the band. Sure it was a little shaky at times but I can watch their official concert DVD for perfection. Point being a may actually go to a show or buy a record just because I saw that fan video. I understand people tune out a little on the show but let people do what they want... If it makes them happy so be it

As for Vinnie it's crazy how no footage has leaked. Mike Brunn do they metal detect at the door or how is this not happening??? (Cheers on the podcast btw)

I could understand Vinnie's "crazy" if he was using drugs or a drunk but according to Bobby Rock he never saw him high or drunk and he appears sober in the interviews he gives ..so it's pretty baffling.

And it's not that people want to see him mindlessly "shred" .. we want to see if his fingers still work. Lol.
mbrunn
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mbrunn »

THUNDER GHOST wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:36 am
miinsane wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:25 pm Jack doesn't allow cameras at his concert because he wants people focused on watching the show instead of filming it. The dude actually gives a shit about music and thinks that if people are paying money to see him play, they should actually watch him play.
I agree with this. I don't have an issue with someone snapping a photo, or maybe filming 30-60 seconds of their favorite song. However, the crowd as a whole at most shows these days is dead, most of all you see are phones in the air, and a bunch of piss poor sounding (and looking) video on YouTube. I think enough is enough, and the electronic devices should not be allowed in venues.
I'm glad you can see clips from practically any show within hours of it's conclusion.. I just watched the recent Night Ranger full show from Sea World and it ended up giving me a new appreciation for the band. Sure it was a little shaky at times but I can watch their official concert DVD for perfection. Point being a may actually go to a show or buy a record just because I saw that fan video. I understand people tune out a little on the show but let people do what they want... If it makes them happy so be it

As for Vinnie it's crazy how no footage has leaked. Mike Brunn do they metal detect at the door or how is this not happening??? (Cheers on the podcast btw)

I could understand Vinnie's "crazy" if he was using drugs or a drunk but according to Bobby Rock he never saw him high or drunk and he appears sober in the interviews he gives ..so it's pretty baffling.

And it's not that people want to see him mindlessly "shred" .. we want to see if his fingers still work. Lol.
All phones are “bagged” / “named” and kept outside the room. Everyone is also checked with a metal detector.

Last, I must say, most of the people their are super nice and friendly and obviously Vinnie supporters. I honestly believe none of them would even try to film or record out of respect for VV. Just my opinion.
misterhand80
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by misterhand80 »

ZachAttack wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 am

They don't care, yet they comment non-stop on every post about him, then complain that he won't post any videos of him playing.
How about not throwing some of us into that group? There's a group of people who have enjoyed Vinnie Vincent's time with KISS and also enjoyed his work with VVI and would like more music output and want to see Vinnie play guitar.
Doose

Post by Doose »

mbrunn wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:03 am

All phones are “bagged” / “named” and kept outside the room. Everyone is also checked with a metal detector.

Last, I must say, most of the people their are super nice and friendly and obviously Vinnie supporters. I honestly believe none of them would even try to film or record out of respect for VV. Just my opinion.

Mike, you should try to get Joyce Bogart on the show.
Going Blind
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Going Blind »

Geez,I can't tell you how happy I am to see this footage, Vinnie is just full on confident and having a great time it seems. Love it!!! What could have been!!!
mbrunn
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mbrunn »

Doose wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:05 am
mbrunn wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:03 am

Mike, you should try to get Joyce Bogart on the show.
I’ve looked into it, with no response.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

So he was unable to play simple songs back in 1996. Okay.
Doose

Post by Doose »

In the Suds wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:38 am

And that was only 5 years after he co-wrote for REVENGE. So I don't think it's outrageous or crazy for people to question his playing ability after 30 years of inaction.
mbrunn
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mbrunn »

I don’t follow that logic at all, but I won’t try to convince you otherwise.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

mbrunn wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 am

Follow what logic? You posted a video where he's not really playing the songs.

What this was supposed to prove is unclear but that's what the video shows. He doesn't know the songs and he's faking his way through.
mbrunn
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mbrunn »

In the Suds wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:10 am
mbrunn wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 am

Follow what logic? You posted a video where he's not really playing the songs.

What this was supposed to prove is unclear but that's what the video shows. He doesn't know the songs and he's faking his way through.
He’s always said at expos, etc when he is a guest you don’t get “Shredding Vinnie”. Miami 2018 was no different and was actually consistent with how he handled these events in the past. So my point is, saying he “cant play anymore” and pointing to Miami 2018 is not valid IMO.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

Yeah. and my point was showing him unable to play KISS songs 22 years prior to that seems like an odd way to make the case for VV.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:33 am
Do you regularly spend the equivalent to $500 U.S. (plus travel and lodging) on things you have no idea what you're paying for, and on people who refuse to show you what you are buying?

Well, how much does it cost to see lip-sync-Paul "live" and maybe shake his hand on a minute long meet & greedy?
Doose

Post by Doose »

Kisscandinavia wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:12 am

Well, how much does it cost to see lip-sync-Paul "live" and maybe shake his hand on a minute long meet & greedy?
Paul has earned it. Vinnie hasn't. Whatever you think about Paul personally, you can't deny his hard work and work ethic. Whether it's KISS, Soul Station, painting, solo albums and tours, books, etc. - Paul has a 50 year history of delivering. Vinnie hasn't done shit for 33+ years.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:33 am Do you regularly spend the equivalent to $500 U.S. (plus travel and lodging) on things you have no idea what you're paying for, and on people who refuse to show you what you are buying?

I dunno about anyone else here, if most of you play guitar or not, but when I am interested in something, I check out demos, read reviews, etc. before I buy it. I don't go, "Well, it might be good... ah what the hell, I'll spend $350 on a pedal, or $750 on a guitar plus $250 on some pickups and not have the slightest clue about whether or not it fits my needs."
THUNDER GHOST wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:36 am I'm glad you can see clips from practically any show within hours of it's conclusion.. I just watched the recent Night Ranger full show from Sea World and it ended up giving me a new appreciation for the band. Sure it was a little shaky at times but I can watch their official concert DVD for perfection. Point being a may actually go to a show or buy a record just because I saw that fan video. I understand people tune out a little on the show but let people do what they want... If it makes them happy so be it
I dunno, your enjoyment doesn't supersede that of the rest of the crowd. On top of that, bands do not enjoy playing to dead crowds because they'd rather film than actually enjoy the show. Compare a show pre and post smart phones, and the performances of the artists, as well as the liveliness of the crowds, is a stark contrast. But hey, if it makes one person happy to do shit that is detrimental to the rest of the crowd, so be it.
Kisscandinavia wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:12 am Well, how much does it cost to see lip-sync-Paul "live" and maybe shake his hand on a minute long meet & greedy?
Whataboutism sure is a barrel of fun.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Kisscandinavia wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:12 am

Cost me $56 to see the show in Brooklyn, NY at Barclay's, the M&G stuff I never buy. I'm not a fan of the lip-syncing, but as I wrote in my review of that show (in the Faq thread for it), I went in with the eyes of wanting to see a big show (and that it was definitely), sing along to songs and I had a great time.

But the M&G stuff, it is pricey but I think in an old thread there was a comparison with Kiss and others on their M&Gs (like Bon Jovi, the Stones, etc) and the Kiss cost was actually relatively low for that kind of thing. Now again it's not something I would ever buy, but to be fair, in that particular market of Meet and Greedys (I like that lol), the Kiss M&G seemed like a good value in comparison.
battra

Post by battra »

mbrunn wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:09 pm First, thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

I’ve said it before, it’s not the way I’d run my business but Vinnie has the right to run his business however he wants. Saying that, to ME, having been to two of these parties I get it. The demand for these parties are never going to be in the “hundreds” nor do I think Vinnie wants that (IMO). I believe that part of the draw to these events is the mystique. If you could watch it on the net, the draw might run dry. Furthermore, again my opinion, at 68 years old and with a (what I believe to be) fear of flying, I don’t think Vinnie has interest in touring. As such, (again my opinion) I don’t think he’s “concerned” with getting a greater benefit. IMO he seems extremely content and happy with the way things are.

So, if he’s happy with the draw at these shows, and has no plan to take it on the road, what benefit would it be for him to allow video from the events? Even if it was only a few seconds.

Now, if he was 25 or even 45 and trying to have a 20+ year career I’d say no way this model works long term. But, at 68, if he’s looking for a little income I think it works fine. He also keeps people talking this way, much more than if he released some video. Also, he seems very happy and so are the people attending. In my book, that’s a win.

Anyway, that’s just my two cents which might not even be worth that much....lol. And, I respect that others may see it differently.
1. Let me piggy back on the kind words. You're probably the nicest member of this forum and frankly I wish I had more of your temperament.

2. This is the best explanation of what he's doing at present. You actually explained it in a way that makes this whole bizarre situation make sense.
battra

Post by battra »

Whiner? Nah, but I question what he can do.

But, I live in St. Louis, MO about 5 hours west of Nashville, TN by car.

I could drive out there, get a hotel room, and see him...and honestly, I would like to see him, even with the mystique of can he/can't he, but...

Instead of paying for 700 miles of gas, a hotel, food, and a $500 ticket...

I could drive down the street in August and watch John 5 for $20.

It's really an easy choice. I think a lot of folks around the world don't quite realize just how ginormous the USA is. We have many folks on the coasts who'd have to fly in....it's about 3000 miles coast to coast.

Sweden is a lot smaller in comparison with your efficient trains.