KISS resuming tour?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: KISS resuming tour?

Post by FiveCardStud »

Anyone thinking that Gene and Paul will just not tour doesn’t know the group simple as
Sonny Crocket
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Sonny Crocket »

Velvis wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:01 am
Agerst1574 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:00 pm This thread really makes me wonder why Kiss scheduled an Atlantic City date for the end of August. There are no surrounding dates around this show so were they offered so much money for one gig, they could not turn it down.

I would love to go to this show but do not want to commit my money until I am certain it is happening.
I believe they had Mansfield, MA as the re-opening date for the EOTR tour around that time. Thats not that far from AC.
That's my EOTR date. I doubt MA will allow full capacity.
Frances50
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Frances50 »

acesmiddlefinger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:54 am Its disgraceful what the bands/promoters are doing with people' money. I have £1400 tied up in Euro dates for this summer, a tour which starts in a month's time. The fact that neither the band or promoter has announced that these dates will not go ahead is ridiculous.

They are still insisting that the Kruise will take place yet it is not possible to do the Kruise and then fly to Australia and quarantine for the required number of days before doing the Oz dates.

Shameful!!!
Yes, the Kruise promotors will shut down any disagreements on their Facebook page if you question the sailing on October 29. The CDC has not lifted the "no sail until November 1" orders and is not likely to. And Gene and Paul have been very quiet on the matter.
StraightThruTheHeart
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by StraightThruTheHeart »

We're one variant away from being back at square one with the pandemic. And let's hope it doesn't become exceedingly more lethal if that happens either.

The 1.3 billion people in India are walking petri dishes for such a variant, so I don't know how anyone can be over confident at this point.

There's a whole lot of wishful thinking going on these days, but we need nothing less than a full court press and a lot of luck across the entire globe to get this thing under control for good.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:39 am
Philly Cheese wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:39 am
nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:13 pm Save the unthinkable happens to one of the Dynamic Duo the tour wil most certainly resume sooner or later. You There very well may be $100M worth of tickets sold already. It’s not the KISS way to leave that kind of money on the table.

Everything’s opening back up.

Concerts will too.

This year?

I hope.

This “the world is changed forever” nonsense is just that as far as I’m concerned.

Time will tell.
If you don’t realize the world is changed forever, you’re not paying attention.
You can’t make that call yet.

Everything can very well go back to just the way it was.

I believe it will.
If you're thinking anytime soon, you're dreaming. This is a GLOBAL thing, and as long as there's selfish entitled pricks around, it's not going anywhere soon. And whether or not the jabs are effective against the new strains remains to be seen.
Ozone1978
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Ozone1978 »

ObiWanFrehley wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:23 am 2023. KISS can hype 50 years, and bow out.
KISS started in 1972.
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Mr Slow »

Ozone1978 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:03 pm
ObiWanFrehley wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:23 am 2023. KISS can hype 50 years, and bow out.
KISS started in 1972.
This again? Hadn’t we already decided they weren’t the band with that name until January 1973?
miinsane
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by miinsane »

They should have ended it on the low-to-medium note that was Dubai. There is no need to continue to tour after that debacle.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

miinsane wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:39 pm They should have ended it on the low-to-medium note that was Dubai. There is no need to continue to tour after that debacle.
If you say so. Personally I’m very glad (all things going well) I’ll be seeing them twice in November.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

miinsane wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:39 pm They should have ended it on the low-to-medium note that was Dubai. There is no need to continue to tour after that debacle.
No need to continue?

$100,000,000 says otherwise.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Den Dennis wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:02 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:39 am
Philly Cheese wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:39 am
nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:13 pm Save the unthinkable happens to one of the Dynamic Duo the tour wil most certainly resume sooner or later. You There very well may be $100M worth of tickets sold already. It’s not the KISS way to leave that kind of money on the table.

Everything’s opening back up.

Concerts will too.

This year?

I hope.

This “the world is changed forever” nonsense is just that as far as I’m concerned.

Time will tell.
If you don’t realize the world is changed forever, you’re not paying attention.
You can’t make that call yet.

Everything can very well go back to just the way it was.

I believe it will.
If you're thinking anytime soon, you're dreaming. This is a GLOBAL thing, and as long as there's selfish entitled pricks around, it's not going anywhere soon. And whether or not the jabs are effective against the new strains remains to be seen.
Depends on your definition of soon.

Either way...I’m banking on a full return to normalcy.

Like nothing ever happened.

The transcripts say where we stand on the matter.

History will tell which of us backed the right horse.
AliveIIside4
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AliveIIside4 »

In 2021 KISS is just not KISS... piped in vocals, worn out set list, Paul and his Soul Station... KISS has lost whatever soul it had left. Pardon me as I give "Rock and Roll Over" a spin!
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

AliveIIside4 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:30 pm In 2021 KISS is just not KISS... piped in vocals, worn out set list, Paul and his Soul Station... KISS has lost whatever soul it had left. Pardon me as I give "Rock and Roll Over" a spin!
Weren’t you the guy that assured us all Ace was coming back to KISS a few years ago? I called you out on it and as soon as it became obvious he wasn’t returning you disappeared.
nightwingken
Might as well be the Admin!
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:22 pm

Not trying to be a downer. But I lost some people who were healthy before covid ,and they died.
My world will never be the same.

I am hoping we can get to a healthier place in our world.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

nightwingken wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:33 pm

Not trying to be a downer. But I lost some people who were healthy before covid ,and they died.

I’m sorry for your loss.

However I’m not talking about anyone’s personal experience.

I’m talking about the cessation of restrictions and resumption of life like before the pandemic.

Ratmir
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Ratmir »

I said goodbye to them in 2019. Even if they visit a place near me I'm not sure I'd go, not for the current ticket price.
Agerst1574
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Agerst1574 »

nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:51 pm
nightwingken wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:33 pm

I’m sorry for your loss.

However I’m not talking about anyone’s personal experience.

I’m talking about the cessation of restrictions and resumption of life like before the pandemic.

I think you both wrong and correct of that is possible. Yes, I think activities are going to get back to normal and that includes shows.

I also think some people are going to be wearing masks for an awful long time. I also think that the segment of the population that chooses not to get vaccinated are going to keep hospitalization rates higher than normal which presents its own sets of issues ranging from higher insurance rates to less resources.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

New York City will reopen 100% on July 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c ... uly-1.html

Let’s hear it for New York, NY.

So nice they named it twice.
Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Motley, Poison and Def Leppard's Stadium Tour postponed until 2022: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motle ... ntil-2022/

This year is going to be another washout. Hoping for a better 2022, but I still believe it will be late 2022 to early 2023 before we'll be going to see bands completely free of covid restrictions.
gabbagabba
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by gabbagabba »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:33 am It just might be that touring as we knew it is over for good, and new ways of performing will take over in a post pandemic world. The days of sweaty, intimate clubs with moisture pouring down the walls are probably a thing of the past, aren't they?

When I think back to some of the concerts I saw in London, like Ace at the Astoria (rammed beyond capacity and absolutely crazy) or KISS at their tiny club gig in Islington (entire audience of 300 people and band choking on the confetti canons), or KISS at the Kentish Town Forum (2300 capacity, the concert was so hot that there was actual thick clouds of steam rising over the audience) there's just no way that kind of event will happen anytime soon.

The world is going to be a paranoid, jumpy and uncertain place for a long time.
This.
Around October things will get worse again or so they will tell us, because now this is how they have planned our future.
The new norm.
Do not create false illusions: the world we lived in before will never return, whether you like it or not, whether it's right or wrong.
whitesnake7575
Banned
Banned

Post by whitesnake7575 »

By the time they start touring again Gene and Tommy will have to lip synch as well.
Grizzly Adams
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Grizzly Adams »

By the time KISS starts touring again, Eric Singer will have learned how to play the flute so they can perform the Wicked Lester version of ‘She’.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Grizzly Adams wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:49 pm By the time KISS starts touring again, Eric Singer will have learned how to play the flute so they can perform the Wicked Lester version of ‘She’.
I shall look forward to signed flutes in the merch tent!!
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

drgbootz wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:14 pm
Grizzly Adams wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:49 pm By the time KISS starts touring again, Eric Singer will have learned how to play the flute so they can perform the Wicked Lester version of ‘She’.
I shall look forward to signed flutes in the merch tent!!
Wait until after the show to buy an Eric Singer autographed flute.
A man of Eric Singer’s experience could probably throw a flute as well as he can throw a drumstick.
You may get lucky and catch one while in the crowd.
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:42 am Early 2023 before concerts return to what they were - that is full capacity, no masks, no distancing. There might still be covid checks and proof of vaccination required before entry.

Shit is exhausting now.
Good news in Ohio. Cincinnati Reds baseball will be back at full capacity starting June 2nd. You never know.
Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

I just read that the poison Def Leppard motley Crue Joan Jett tour won’t resume until 2022
whitesnake7575
Banned
Banned

Post by whitesnake7575 »

Won’t take that long, remember he learnt how to master the piano at soundcheck the day of the first EOTR show.
FlamingRuth

Post by FlamingRuth »

Will there be a woodwind-smoothing pedal?
🤔
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

gabbagabba wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:22 pm
Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:33 am It just might be that touring as we knew it is over for good, and new ways of performing will take over in a post pandemic world. The days of sweaty, intimate clubs with moisture pouring down the walls are probably a thing of the past, aren't they?

When I think back to some of the concerts I saw in London, like Ace at the Astoria (rammed beyond capacity and absolutely crazy) or KISS at their tiny club gig in Islington (entire audience of 300 people and band choking on the confetti canons), or KISS at the Kentish Town Forum (2300 capacity, the concert was so hot that there was actual thick clouds of steam rising over the audience) there's just no way that kind of event will happen anytime soon.

This.
Around October things will get worse again or so they will tell us, because now this is how they have planned our future.
The new norm.
Do not create false illusions: the world we lived in before will never return, whether you like it or not, whether it's right or wrong.
I honestly L-O-V-E proving people wrong.

Always have.

Always will.

But never so much in my fifty one years as I will in this instance.

Things will go back to like nothing ever happened.

Stay tuned.
AliveIIside4
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AliveIIside4 »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:54 pm
AliveIIside4 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:30 pm In 2021 KISS is just not KISS... piped in vocals, worn out set list, Paul and his Soul Station... KISS has lost whatever soul it had left. Pardon me as I give "Rock and Roll Over" a spin!
Weren’t you the guy that assured us all Ace was coming back to KISS a few years ago? I called you out on it and as soon as it became obvious he wasn’t returning you disappeared.
I have no idea what the hell you are talking about?
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:40 pm

This.
The new norm.

Always have.

Always will.

Stay tuned.
You're dreaming. Some places opening up way too soon. This is a case of "what could possibly go wrong?".
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

I'm locking myself in the house until the TV tells me I'm allowed to go outside again
Marty Scurll
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Re: KISS resuming tour

Post by Marty Scurll »

I live near Nashville and they opened to full capacity today. I don’t give a shit! I’m not parading around town until this shits gone for good. Time will tell if they made the right decision but I have my doubts.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Den Dennis wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:02 pm

This.
The new norm.

Always have.

Always will.

Stay tuned.
You're dreaming. Some places opening up way too soon. This is a case of "what could possibly go wrong?".
I say eventually everything goes back to like it never happened.

You apparently disagree.

One of us are right.

Time will tell.
sagedrummer
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by sagedrummer »

Full capacity outdoor concerts with masks are returning to California in the fall. I have tickets to see Kiss outdoors in San Diego as well as tickets outdoors for other shows at the Greek Theater and the Hollywood Bowl, all at full capacity (but with masks). I think if things keep heading in the right direction all these shows will happen. Indoor arena shows at full capacity won’t happen for a while. Madison Square Garden is using a vaccination passport app and I see most arenas going that route until numbers are very very low which could be 2023.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

The UK is ending more restrictions on Monday, just as it is proven that the Indian variant is causing an infection surge in Britain. Not the smartest move, I fear, but the restriction easing is clearly economically driven, rather than anything to do with the nations health unfortunately.

It's a case of "well, restricting things clearly works, so let's stop doing that because we're running out of cash".

And so it goes.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:24 am The UK is ending more restrictions on Monday, just as it is proven that the Indian variant is causing an infection surge in Britain. Not the smartest move, I fear, but the restriction easing is clearly economically driven, rather than anything to do with the nations health unfortunately.

It's a case of "well, restricting things clearly works, so let's stop doing that because we're running out of cash".

And so it goes.
Maybe running out of cash is more dangerous than the virus.
Eddie Van Hazel

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

Mr. Slow....The "Ace is coming back in 2017" rumor was started by a FAQ member named "dannyelectro", not AliveIISide4.

His statement; "It's gonna happen. Gene and Paul are not saying anything for a while, because they want to promote the current tour,
and a few one off shows in the coming months. Mark my words". ..dannyelectro, Thursday, Sept 8, 2016.

That was probably one of the most memorable (and ridiculous) threads on the FAQ next to burning the "I" video thread.
..The "Ace is coming back in 2017" was a 17 page thread.
Going Blind
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Going Blind »

Kisscandinavia wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:48 am Gene said earlier that he can't be in Kiss when he's in his 70's...
Seriously, I don't care. Even one new song would be more interesting than them touring again.
But isn't Gene 71? And this end of the road tour had no real end in sight. Is Gene late to his own philosophy? I guarantee Gene will still be touring Kiss until he is 80 at this point.
Agerst1574
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Agerst1574 »

Just communicated with a friend of mine in Australia who goes to a lot of shows. He is dubious about the Kiss tour happening as the borders are still closed to those who are not essential. Let’s see what happens.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

nibbler1982 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:28 am
TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:24 am The UK is ending more restrictions on Monday, just as it is proven that the Indian variant is causing an infection surge in Britain. Not the smartest move, I fear, but the restriction easing is clearly economically driven, rather than anything to do with the nations health unfortunately.

And so it goes.
It certainly is to the UK Govt, yes.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

This.
The new norm.

Always have.

Always will.

Stay tuned.
You are delusional if you actually believe that things will go back to normal as if Covid 19 never happened at all. You say you love proving people wrong and yet, you rarely ever do. This will be no different.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

And so it goes.
Incompetence masked as corruption

Conveniently this variant arrives right as lockdown was about to end its strictest rules.

Very very strange and this is maybe the third time it’s happened in the past year everytime they are about to ease rules
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:49 am
nibbler1982 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:28 am

And so it goes.
It certainly is to the UK Govt, yes.
Apparently.

I can only speak from personal experience.

I’ve had Covid-19 as have my elderly and comorbidity riddled parents. We all went through it with nary a scratch. Everyone that I know personally that got it had the same results. By the grace of God no casualties.

For every single one of us running out of cash would’ve been infinitely more devastating than contracting the disease. Much more than the extra tissue or two it cost us.

Maybe it a numbers thing? While there may be no perfect solution...

“The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Agreed on certain fronts, but like Nightwingken, I lost 2 family members to covid so my perspective is skewed.

And I don't believe the actions of the UK govt are for the benefit of the many, but are more for the benefit of the few who OWN the many, effectively. And that's quite enough of that talk, lol.
missingdiver

Post by missingdiver »

Europe seems ready to rock...everyone is in the streets protesting the lockdowns. Time to open up.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:32 am Agreed on certain fronts, but like Nightwingken, I lost 2 family members to covid so my perspective is skewed.

I'm truly sorry to hear that brother.
Tito

Post by Tito »

missingdiver wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:13 pm Europe seems ready to rock...everyone is in the streets protesting the lockdowns. Time to open up.
Well that seems a little ignorant. I can assure you not "everyone" in Europe is in the streets.
theincrediblehull
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by theincrediblehull »

Agerst1574 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:47 am Just communicated with a friend of mine in Australia who goes to a lot of shows. He is dubious about the Kiss tour happening as the borders are still closed to those who are not essential. Let’s see what happens.
Hey Angerst1574,

As an Aussie I have some doubts as well but my concern is that the tour (for those that want to go) has the potential for problems for Kiss moving between states.

They are due to start the tour in Perth (WA) The Premier of WA has taken the hardest line re lock-down. Then on to Adelaide (SA). Not aware of any state specific problems.

Then on to Melbourne (VIC). The Premier of VIC took a very hard line on Covid and with VIC being the second most populated state, that had a huge impact especially in Melbourne.

Next stop Sydney (NSW) and where I live. I do not see any problems here. The Premier is loathe to close borders or even make mask wearing mandatory. Final stop Queensland. The Premier of QLD is prone to closing the border if there is one new case.

I do not see a problem for the band and crew getting into OZ. There was no problem getting in dozens of tennis players and support staff for the Australian Open, recently. Nor is there a problem getting Chris Hemsworth and crew in and out of Byron to film a movie.

Like I said, if there is a problem, it will be with intra-state travel.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

missingdiver wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:13 pm Europe seems ready to rock...everyone is in the streets protesting the lockdowns. Time to open up.
Haven't seen anyone out in the streets protesting?

I see someone walking her dog though. And a tram just went by.