Post your story of getting something stage used at a show

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post your story of getting something stage used at a show

Post by TT714 »

At my first kiss show I was determined to get a pick, but wasn't close enough to catch one. After the show I was scrambling looking for one, and I ran up by Paul's b stage and there was a dude handing picks to people and he handed out his "last one" to one person right in front of me, but then he saw me and pulled one more out and handed it to me It was an Eric Singer pick, but still a cool souvenir. At the last show I went to, I walked in and found a Tommy pick on the floor by the mixing board and then I found Paul's tech Fran and he pulled out a handful and gave them to me and a Nikki Sixx pick was in it which was weird haha. I'd love to see what you guys have gotten from shows like if anyone has caught one of Paul's guitars or Gene's blood cup. Share your stories please!
johnsaidwhat
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Re: Post your story of getting something stage used at a show

Post by johnsaidwhat »

Paul handed me his guitar neck.
I was front row at MSG right next to Sebastian Bach.
DeKiLaLoMa
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DeKiLaLoMa »

In Milan in 1996, a friend of mine I went with got a large shred of Peter's towel after Beth. He was so nice to let us rip it further it in three parts and I got one.
In 1999 Paul's pick bounced off my hand and I lost sight of it.
Then, in 2001 they sadly disbanded so I got no more chances to get anything.
All in all, a meager loot.
B5Erik
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Location: www.VistaRecords.us & Vista Records Radio on YouTube

Post by B5Erik »

I got a pick in 1990 - I had second row seats for the HITS show in San Diego.

I have no idea what happened to it...
Shawn
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Shawn »

I don't do drummer guitar picks. Everyone draws their own lines and I've marked that one for me.

Got Gene, Paul, and Bruce picks 1st hand on the HITS tour. It was a great night. Got Ace on the reunion.

Paul Stanley is a helluva pick flicker!

Oh! Got a Bruce/Grand Funk pick a couple Summers back.

Face it catching picks is great fun for fans. Got Kip Winger and Reb Beach last month!
woodworm001
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by woodworm001 »

My wife caught a drumstick at a Cult concert (John Tempesta)

My mate had one of Gene's picks bounce off his head once (slow reaction!)
tolvis
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by tolvis »

Gothenburg 1999, second night. Love gun at the small second stage. Paul walks down to the crowd which I saw him do the night before too but i was too far away then. This night I am by the barricade and have been the whole night, waiting for this moment.

At 2.35 Paul walks down. I am on the left, smiling like a dork.

At 2.47 Paul walks by me again - I put my hand on his guitar and his guitar picks. I grab on, they're really stuck on there. But something has stuck under my ring finger.

At 2.50 Behind the mic stand: I look down in my hand and see that I actually did manage to grab a pick right of Pauls guitar.

That was a fun 20 seconds in my life, and the first ever Kiss related pick I got.

rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

tolvis wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:27 am Gothenburg 1999, second night. Love gun at the small second stage. Paul walks down to the crowd which I saw him do the night before too but i was too far away then. This night I am by the barricade and have been the whole night, waiting for this moment.

At 2.47 Paul walks by me again - I put my hand on his guitar and his guitar picks. I grab on, they're really stuck on there. But something has stuck under my ring finger.

At 2.50 Behind the mic stand: I look down in my hand and see that I actually did manage to grab a pick right of Pauls guitar.

That was a fun 20 seconds in my life, and the first ever Kiss related pick I got.

Whoah! That is so great!! 🤩
Tito
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Tito »

One of Paul's picks landed on my hand at a Psycho Circus show. After the show I found several more on the floor.
Put the sex in my ex
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Put the sex in my ex »

tolvis wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:27 am Gothenburg 1999, second night. Love gun at the small second stage. Paul walks down to the crowd which I saw him do the night before too but i was too far away then. This night I am by the barricade and have been the whole night, waiting for this moment.

Wow what a nice picture Alex. :shock: And am just in this moment laying in my bed Reading your latest book Partners in crime part 2. Im not joking.. Reading the chapter "The team behind KISS"

And guess who is the guy in the White shirt just on the right side of Paul on that picture :lol:

Its a small world ha ha.. Sometimes it feels like there are like 500 People on The hole planet.. I have never spoke to you but saw you once at restaurang 2112 during Carls book release..
KrazySwede
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by KrazySwede »

Got a pick from the guitarplayer in Queensrÿche, they opened up for Bon Jovi (Copenhagen '86) - completely by accident, guy threw stuff into the small crowd there and I happened to be in that direction.

KISS? Never anything.
Put the sex in my ex
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Put the sex in my ex »

I was getting a Paul Stanley Pick in 88 and the towel Gene used after spitting fire in Firehouse.. Was laying on top of the crowd fighting for Pauls guitar at the same concert.. Unfortunately The guards stopped the fight.. Was hit by Eric Carrs drumstick in my head at same time...
curryleaf
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by curryleaf »

Never got anything from Kiss, but when I was younger I had extremely long hair and learned that if I simply walked backstage with a certain confidence nobody ever stopped me or said anything. Maybe they thought I was a roadie or whatever, who knows, but it worked.

Anyway, when I went to see Frehley's Comet at the Hammersmith Odeon I did my usual little stunt and ended up with a bunch of different photocopied A4 sheets from backstage (catering room , production room, dressing room etc.) and also a huge Frehley's Comet poster. Just picked them off the walls and walked back out with them. Bad, I know, but when you're 18, drunk and nobody stops you...

Probably the most amusing moment I had doing that was when I ended up sitting between Nick Menza and Marty Friedman in the Megadeth catering room backstage at Hammersmith in 1991. They thought it was hilarious because booze was banned from the tour (because of Mustaine's issues) and I was sitting there, drunk, drinking a can of Heineken and telling them I'd only gone to the show to see Alice In Chains. Even then, nobody asked me to leave.
DaveinSpain
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by DaveinSpain »

Not KISS related,but I was at a Static X show and I got hit in the head with what I thought was a bottle. I fell completely backwards and had a huge egg on my head. I asked my friends who threw the bottle and they pointed to the drumstick on the ground near me. I picked it up and threw it back as best I could aaannndddd got kicked out. I felt justified.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

I was in the photo pit while attending a show in Osaka Japan July of 2006. Paul saw me and threw the guitar right to me. The entire band signed the body the next night in Tokyo. Still have it!
peopleselbow
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by peopleselbow »

Eric Carr - Drumstick ,Creatures tour. It played out just like Paul said about the low attendance. The stick literally went over the floor crowd's heads and landed on the floor. i was towards the back, which was still close to the stage and was able to pick it up.

Gene Simmons threw a water bottle at me and I caught it. I think it was because I was checking my phone.

Got picks from Paul and Tommy.

Bruce threw me a few picks at a Grand Funk show.
Tito

Post by Tito »

curryleaf wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:21 am Never got anything from Kiss, but when I was younger I had extremely long hair and learned that if I simply walked backstage with a certain confidence nobody ever stopped me or said anything. Maybe they thought I was a roadie or whatever, who knows, but it worked.

Anyway, when I went to see Frehley's Comet at the Hammersmith Odeon I did my usual little stunt and ended up with a bunch of different photocopied A4 sheets from backstage (catering room , production room, dressing room etc.) and also a huge Frehley's Comet poster. Just picked them off the walls and walked back out with them. Bad, I know, but when you're 18, drunk and nobody stops you...
Sorry for going off topic, but that reminds me...

A few years ago I went to a Mick Taylor show that was part of a Stones 50th Anniversary themed series of events. My friend I was with had played the venue before so he knew where the dressing rooms were. We just decided, fuck it, let's walk straight in looking like we know what we're doing. And indeed, no one questioned us, not even Mick Taylor who was sitting on a couch and just said what's up guys, help yourself to beers from the fridge. I asked him to sign my Sticky Fingers CD, which he said he'd do "but not right now". So we sat there shooting the shit with him and had a few beers until he was ready to sign my CD. Good times.

20210514_145726.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tito on Fri May 14, 2021 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glasgow Kiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

1984 one of Bruce's picks landed INSIDE my shirt.

Still no idea how he managed it.
mojavebassman
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by mojavebassman »

Crazy Nights tour and a metal necklace Paul was wearing fell off and did not fall through the stage. I was lucky enough to grab it.
CHRIS ARMY

Post by CHRIS ARMY »

I've gotten pretty lucky with a bunch of artists. But, with KISS I've gotten quite a few picks. One of which Paul spit and I caught mid air on the HITS tour.

But, these are the main things I've scored from KISS....
bloodstubs.jpg
bloodcup1.jpg
fret.jpg

In Tupelo, MS on the Reunion tour, I got the piece of fret board and there was a puddle of blood from his cup on the floor that we all dipped our tickets in.

And, the cup came from Nashville on the Farewell tour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peterparker78
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by peterparker78 »

Was 110% sure I'd caught one of Peter's drumsticks on the Reunion Tour, Manchester, UK 1996. You know at the end of the Detroit Rock City movie where Peter's stick flies in slow motion and securely into the blond kid's hand ? Well the exact thing happened to me - except for some reason it bounced out my hand, fell onto the floor and landed at the feet of a surprised woman who picked it up :shock:. Logged her into memory to attempt a purchase after the show but I never saw her again. Oh well. Heck were there some 'serious' fights to get a pic, drumstick, piece of guitar though, get a souvenir but not worth that mate :roll: ....
Last edited by peterparker78 on Fri May 14, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man of a Thousand Aces

Post by Man of a Thousand Aces »

Front row center at the Lick It Up show I attended. Caught one of Vinnie's picks in mid air.
Fastcc
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Fastcc »

I have caught a pick from Ace, Paul and Gene at various shows in my life, but the craziest thing I ever saw was at a Reunion show in Texas. I went to the Dallas, Houston and San Antonio shows, back-to-back the same week, so I don't remember which on it was. Peter threw his silver cross necklace straight in our direction and it landed on a girls head right in front of me. She had long brown hair and it immediately became tangled. I wasn't trying to grab it after it got caught in her hair but that didn't stop 4 or 5 idiots from trying to pull it from her hair. Me and another guy kept fending them off while this poor girl could untangle it. It was pretty funny but I swear a couple of those fans were going to rip her hair out to get that necklace had we not helped her out.
PyroMessiah86
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

i own Tommy's Hughes & Kettner full stack that KISS used at the O2 Islington Academy show club in 2010
Thace
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Thace »

September 1988 on Crazy Nights tour I got Paul, Gene and Bruce guitar picks, one of them during the show and the other two after the show during tear down.
MrDomino
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by MrDomino »

KISS Kruise 6

Gene spit his microphone cover right at me. One of my favorite items in my KISS Room
Bing80
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Bing80 »

Mates nicked ‘firehouse helmets’ from truck after a gig and I got one! Does that count?
bandit79jun
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by bandit79jun »

All of mine happened during Kiss Kruises. I've seen 6 Kiss shows from the front row, yet I've never been able to catch a pick thrown at me!!! Yet I've been able to obtain several handed to me from Tommy, Gene and Paul, or getting them from their guitars:

Kiss Kruise 1, 2nd show - got several picks from Paul (including one taped to his guitar) and grabbed one from Gene's bass. When I got the pick from Paul's guitar, a security guy got mad only at me, even though I wasn't the only one who did it and Paul didn't seem to mind it. During Parasite's solo, Gene came towards us, and I ponted to the picks on his bass. He made a slow "yes" motion with his head and stood a little bit closer so I could get the pick. Minute 2:33 on youtube video:

Tommy Thayer has handed me picks during several shows. Always a cool guy with the fans. He even took away a pick from my friend's hand during a Kruise show. Tommy started laughing, my friend made a sad face... and got his pick back.

Eric Singer once handed a drumstick to my wife at the end of a show. A guy near us tried to grab it and Eric stopped him. Some people...

I think it was at a Kiss Kruise 3 or 4 (the one in which they played Almost Human): Gene threw a water bottle towards us. My wife was right in front of me getting her camera ready, and the water soiled her camera just before i catched the bottle. She was a little pissed... and I still have the bottle.

During the Psycho Circus tour (San Juan, Puerto Rico, April 1999), I grabbed Paul's guitar body after he smashed it and threw it to the crowd. Well, me and about 5 more guys. Nobody got a hold of it and it went over the barrier and right in front of a local stagehand's feet. He grabbed it and went away. A couple months later, he sold it to a friend of mine who still has it.
John Connor
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by John Connor »

These are fun to read. I'm kinda surprised that no one has said "Konfetti" lol. That's all that I have managed to come away with.
Much Too Soon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Much Too Soon »

I was about 24 ish rows back and at the end of the show we filed out last and I looked down and there was a guitar pick on the floor under a chair. They can really zing those picks far.
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by TT714 »

CHRIS ARMY wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:07 am I've gotten pretty lucky with a bunch of artists. But, with KISS I've gotten quite a few picks. One of which Paul spit and I caught mid air on the HITS tour.

But, these are the main things I've scored from KISS....

bloodstubs.jpg

bloodcup1.jpg

fret.jpg

In Tupelo, MS on the Reunion tour, I got the piece of fret board and there was a puddle of blood from his cup on the floor that we all dipped our tickets in.

And, the cup came from Nashville on the Farewell tour.
Those are some cool scores! I saw the band behemoth a couple years ago and they spit blood all over us and I rubbed my ticket in that as well to keep some haha
His Majesty

Post by His Majesty »

I caught a horrible case of tinnitus at an Ace solo show once.
kisswah
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kisswah »

Eric Carr drumstick Lick It Up tour 1983 handed out after the show by a roadie. Still have it.
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by TT714 »

Much Too Soon wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:00 am I was about 24 ish rows back and at the end of the show we filed out last and I looked down and there was a guitar pick on the floor under a chair. They can really zing those picks far.
Cool. Who's was it?
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by TT714 »

Bing80 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:25 am Mates nicked ‘firehouse helmets’ from truck after a gig and I got one! Does that count?
[/quote

Yep that counts lol. How'd they manage that? Lol
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by TT714 »

mojavebassman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:19 am Crazy Nights tour and a metal necklace Paul was wearing fell off and did not fall through the stage. I was lucky enough to grab it.
That's a unique score. Was it made out of anything expensive?
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by TT714 »

Shawn wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:45 am I don't do drummer guitar picks. Everyone draws their own lines and I've marked that one for me.

Got Gene, Paul, and Bruce picks 1st hand on the HITS tour. It was a great night. Got Ace on the reunion.

Paul Stanley is a helluva pick flicker!

Oh! Got a Bruce/Grand Funk pick a couple Summers back.

Face it catching picks is great fun for fans. Got Kip Winger and Reb Beach last month!
Yeah I believe drummer picks are weird, but I wasnt gonna complain at the time haha
Much Too Soon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Much Too Soon »

TT714 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:07 pm
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:00 am I was about 24 ish rows back and at the end of the show we filed out last and I looked down and there was a guitar pick on the floor under a chair. They can really zing those picks far.
Cool. Who's was it?
Paul
Jasper
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Jasper »

John Connor wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:58 am These are fun to read. I'm kinda surprised that no one has said "Konfetti" lol. That's all that I have managed to come away with.
Me too ! Plus a load of the purple and silver streamer ribbons from EOTR tour.

Non Kiss I managed to get a massive latex Billion $ Babies balloon out of the arena completely i.e. not burst from Manchester in 2019. Could only just get it into the car for the journey home. Damned thing never really lost any air either - I eventually deflated it just before Christmas last year
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Paul threw a pick in the crowd and I caught it, on my way back to the tube station I offered to swap it for a Gene pick. I was denied
Eddie Van Hazel

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

Paul -89 solo tour/front row..Stone Pony, NJ....Pulled a strip of taped picks (and a small reflector) from his Steinberger guitar.
Also took his setlist that was taped to the stage. My story is detailed in the Paul solo tour book that came out
a few years ago....Also got a pick from Bob Kulick (R.I.P.)

Gene - 95 NYC KISS KON/Roseland club/Front row on his side...Gene threw me a pick and I took his setlist from the stage.

Bruce - 95 NYC KISS KON..Bruce handed me a pick (and later a BK SIT guitar strings poster). Had him sign it during the crazy autograph session.

Ace - 92 "Just For Fun' tour - Tradewinds club, NJ...Ace handed me his pick after finishing the first song of the set.

Peter - CRISS band tour 92/NJ....Handed me a CRISS guitar pick after the band's encore.
Julien
Don't miss it!

Post by Julien »

image.png
Not much of a story. Eric was kind enough to toss one my way, "blood" from being played on Gene's cod... More lucky the folk around me were cool and there was no scrum for the stick.

Got a stage-played drum head, but bought that just because he wrote some of Black Diamond lyrics on it.
image.png
Um, paid for it. Still very cool for me that Tommy played it for a couple of songs in Sacramento, was very cool handing it over later, and signed the photo at another event. Love the explorer style of guitar, still smells of pyro. I've played one song on it, one of the songs he played on it. Came with a shit-ton of picks, most of which I handed out to kids at other shows. Figured I'd liked his silver Spaceman epi so much I'd like this one. That epi was my daily work horse until health issues forced a switch to a lighter body model.

Had some picks over the years.
bearkissjim
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by bearkissjim »

i don't know where to begin... had front row on the 1977 alive II tour - got the first pic paul threw out - which said "fender medium" on it instead of KISS with the name printed on the back side... guess it's the one he carried from backstage to start the show... also got other Paul Gene & Ace pics that night as well as the white towel Peter threw out when he came out to sing Beth...

Got a few more guitar pics from front row in 1979 on the Dynasty tour - those with KISS on one side and a signature of the band member on the other side...

Finally - on my 3rd front row show - I got the guitar body in 1984 on the Animalize tour - I was making a fool of myself down front making damn sure he saw me and I can picture this like it was yesterday - he broke the guitar - he held up the body in one hand and the neck in his other hand - and he looks down at me & nods... then he walked to the end of the stage and HANDED it to me and then threw the neck to another area... it took the guards a few moments to get the crowd that descended on top me off of me... also got Paul Gene & Bruce pics that night... (got Paul to sign the guitar body when i met him in 1993)

Got an Eric drum stick and Paul Gene & Bruce pics at front row of a Revenge show in 1992...

and finally, got a blue towel that Paul threw out at the end of a Farewell show in 2000 - for that one I was in 5th row - but it came right to me...
Ted Maul's Paradise
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ted Maul's Paradise »

Some cool stories here; I've had the 'usual' over the years.....the 2019 U.K. tour was pretty good. I got a grey 'Gene' Herco 'pick and 7 out of the 8 from the 2 different 'sets they threw out, plus some that Francis blitzed those waiting at the front of the stage with when the house lights went up.

I also got one of the large white balloons that were dropped from the roof at the beginning of C.C.Nights at the O2 Arena, London. Managed to get the clip off and deflate it during the song! :)

Honorable mentions: a gold on white pick that Paul spat :D out at the re-opening at the Marquee club, London August 1988. There was virtually no 'pit, etc, at the front of the stage so we were right beneath the edge. As a result, a girl next to me managed to pick a metal 'stud out of Gene's pants whilst he had his leg at the edge of the stage....she dropped and lost it though just after due to the crazy crowd. :D *Bruce also leaned over and handed my then girlfriend his black sweatband straight from his wrist.

Also got a prismatic on black Paul pick from Birmingham 1996 whilst he was going out on the platform/cherry picker. It fluttered down and I caught it.

Strangest story/urban myth(?!) re; stage used items was the firehat at the Stafford, Bingley Hall U.K. (L.I.U. tour, Oct 1983). "I was there" and saw some of what kicked off. - Paul threw the firehat out as usual and there was a big brawl for it....this continued for ages and into the next song (Exciter) I think. It's all on audio, but so long since I listened back to it, I can't be sure. - Anyway, either before or end of the song, Paul halted the show and told people to 'stop fighting', etc, unaware they were scrapping over his firehat! :lol: After a while from where I was standing, I could see the brawl had fizzled out and things calmed down...

Years later, at another KISS show or event, I got talking to a guy and for some reason, the firehat incident at Stafford '83 was mentioned. He said what happened was around 6 guys, maybe more, were trying to grab the 'hat. Security and the St. John's Ambulance team waded into the crowd to break up the fight. Dragging them from the crowd, they were all still arguing/punching, etc, as to who would 'get' it. The St. John's team were so pissed off, that they took it, got a hacksaw and cut it into pieces :shock: and gave each guy a 'bit.

Very random, but cool if it did actually pan out like that. As I said to Bing80 last year, I've yet to see a 'piece' of this turn up on ebay, etc, but stranger things have happened.
Kissoff
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kissoff »

During Bruces solo on the crazy nights tour in San Francisco Paul came over to the side of the stage and shined a brightlight up into the first level and some chick was standing there with a rose and dropped it down to Paul. Paul then grabbed a towel that was wrapped with a tight knot and tossed it up to her but I caught it and he motioned me to give it to the girl so I did then he did a hold on a second motion with his left hand and went and got another towel and tossed it up to me I took off with it sprinting down the aisles whipping it in the air in a circular motion like I just won the Super Bowl. I lost that prized possession during my divorce when my exwife mistook it as a towel that she used as a hairdresser. I miss that thing so much.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

In Lexington, Kentucky on the Farewell Tour in October of 2000, Doc McGee walked across the hall and gave my then 3 year old son a handful of KISS guitar pics; one for all four members of the band and patted him on the head. That was a very nice and totally unsolicited gesture! 😎
Bing80
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Bing80 »

TT714 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:09 pm
Bing80 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:25 am Mates nicked ‘firehouse helmets’ from truck after a gig and I got one! Does that count?
[/quote

Yep that counts lol. How'd they manage that? Lol
Back off truck fully open, clearly getting ready to re-load post gig. Lads had a nose in. Saw firehouse helmets stacked! Ran into back, grabbed about 5 and then legged it down the road whooping! I met up with them at car and one tossed me a helmet! Gobsmacked!
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by TT714 »

Jasper wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:09 pm
John Connor wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:58 am These are fun to read. I'm kinda surprised that no one has said "Konfetti" lol. That's all that I have managed to come away with.
Me too ! Plus a load of the purple and silver streamer ribbons from EOTR tour.

Non Kiss I managed to get a massive latex Billion $ Babies balloon out of the arena completely i.e. not burst from Manchester in 2019. Could only just get it into the car for the journey home. Damned thing never really lost any air either - I eventually deflated it just before Christmas last year
I have so many of those purple and white streamers I dont know what to do with them haha
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by TT714 »

Julien wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:38 pm image.png

Not much of a story. Eric was kind enough to toss one my way, "blood" from being played on Gene's cod... More lucky the folk around me were cool and there was no scrum for the stick.

Got a stage-played drum head, but bought that just because he wrote some of Black Diamond lyrics on it.

image.png

Um, paid for it. Still very cool for me that Tommy played it for a couple of songs in Sacramento, was very cool handing it over later, and signed the photo at another event. Love the explorer style of guitar, still smells of pyro. I've played one song on it, one of the songs he played on it. Came with a shit-ton of picks, most of which I handed out to kids at other shows. Figured I'd liked his silver Spaceman epi so much I'd like this one. That epi was my daily work horse until health issues forced a switch to a lighter body model.

Had some picks over the years.
Cool scores! I've always wanted to do the stage used guitar thing, I've never managed to get an Eric stick but I got his picks haha
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by TT714 »

bearkissjim wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:35 pm i don't know where to begin... had front row on the 1977 alive II tour - got the first pic paul threw out - which said "fender medium" on it instead of KISS with the name printed on the back side... guess it's the one he carried from backstage to start the show... also got other Paul Gene & Ace pics that night as well as the white towel Peter threw out when he came out to sing Beth...

Got a few more guitar pics from front row in 1979 on the Dynasty tour - those with KISS on one side and a signature of the band member on the other side...

Finally - on my 3rd front row show - I got the guitar body in 1984 on the Animalize tour - I was making a fool of myself down front making damn sure he saw me and I can picture this like it was yesterday - he broke the guitar - he held up the body in one hand and the neck in his other hand - and he looks down at me & nods... then he walked to the end of the stage and HANDED it to me and then threw the neck to another area... it took the guards a few moments to get the crowd that descended on top me off of me... also got Paul Gene & Bruce pics that night... (got Paul to sign the guitar body when i met him in 1993)

Got an Eric drum stick and Paul Gene & Bruce pics at front row of a Revenge show in 1992...

and finally, got a blue towel that Paul threw out at the end of a Farewell show in 2000 - for that one I was in 5th row - but it came right to me...
Those are some awesome hauls. Weird Paul threw you a fender pick when they had customs, that ones more unique than getting a custom though I'd say