Fanzines? The ones you remember; the ones still around ...

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Re:

Post by firekiss »

sabresaxon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:24 pm
Den Dennis wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:48 pm
sabresaxon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:27 pm
Tail of a hurricane wrote: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:47 am I helped Mark Findeiss too. I even went to his house a few times, when I was in his area. He was a great guy too, and we had a few beers together. His fanzine was pretty good. I liked his aproach too, it was different anyway.......I miss those days indeed.
That dude still owes me a couple of bucks - he Radley-ed me around 99-00.
He was the guy with a huge video list? Had all these 1 or 2 minute clips and called Lars Ulrich "Laris" :lol:
He had heaps of KISS videos in good quality - just slow at sending them out and always having money problems (sound familiar).
That's why I contacted him and drove to Canberra to get mine done. Took a day or so of taping. Still have them all, just don't have a VCR anymore to watch them. Although, most of it found it's way to DVD and YouTube eventually.
sabresaxon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by sabresaxon »

firekiss wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:28 pm
Tail of a hurricane wrote: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:47 am I helped Mark Findeiss too. I even went to his house a few times, when I was in his area. He was a great guy too, and we had a few beers together. His fanzine was pretty good. I liked his aproach too, it was different anyway.......I miss those days indeed.
He was the guy with a huge video list? Had all these 1 or 2 minute clips and called Lars Ulrich "Laris" :lol:
He had heaps of KISS videos in good quality - just slow at sending them out and always having money problems (sound familiar).
That's why I contacted him and drove to Canberra to get mine done. Took a day or so of taping. Still have them all, just don't have a VCR anymore to watch them. Although, most of it found it's way to DVD and YouTube eventually.
There was other dude Tony Mather from Bulli who was much better - 24 hour turn-around and no bullshit.

But he got out of the bootleg game around PC era.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

sabresaxon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:33 pm
There was other dude Tony Mather from Bulli who was much better - 24 hour turn-around and no bullshit.

Yes. I got stuff from Tony too. Very reliable.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Fanzines? The ones you remember; the ones still around ...

Post by rwgriffith »

Fanzines and I used to call the DOMINO hotline to get “breaking news”...
OrigialEraFan
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by OrigialEraFan »

I loved Cometwatch, put out by Erik Cram.
Pete2174
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Pete2174 »

Kiss Crazy, Kiss Renegades and final Kiss Strike.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

I remember that name, I think he had something MarkF didn't if I recall. Mark had a huge list, he traded with KISS fans all over the world.

One grip I had, if i had to pay, and couldn't trade, he would charge a fair bit, and give me shitty quality tapes. He didn't work though, so he used the KISS thing to fund his living.
Last edited by steveh67 on Tue May 11, 2021 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
woodworm001
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by woodworm001 »

I loved KISS Crazy back in the day - I have every issue apart from number 1.

They used to have a cool little comic each month - even now I remember the one with Peter "tied to the bed in case he tries to write anymore jazz songs!"
wayfarer
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by wayfarer »

kiss-1976 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:22 pm
dogmatic wrote: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:40 am I ran Australia's first KISS zine, KISS THIS! from about 86 till 90.

I also did some design work for Oh Yeah! in the mid-nineties...
KISS THIS! was the definitive KISS fanzine. Used to look forward to each issue. And the contributions by the infamous Dan Starr.
It was!! Remember The Elder backtracking article and the Peter Criss imposter story...good times!
wayfarer
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by wayfarer »

misterhand80 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:20 pm
kiss-1976 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:22 pm
dogmatic wrote: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:40 am I ran Australia's first KISS zine, KISS THIS! from about 86 till 90.

I also did some design work for Oh Yeah! in the mid-nineties...
KISS THIS! was the definitive KISS fanzine. Used to look forward to each issue. And the contributions by the infamous Dan Starr.
Dan Starr?
Dan was a photographer and sold a few items on the side, KISS and other bands... he was based out of LA and contributed to fanzines
wayfarer
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by wayfarer »

Last time I spoke to Mark he said he was months and months behind in orders...sorry you got burnt...that was many , many years ago I don't know what become of him...
Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

I just remembered I used to get Clown White magazine too.
wayfarer
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by wayfarer »

firekiss wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:34 pm

Yes. I got stuff from Tony too. Very reliable.
Tony was a great guy...he sold all his collection then just collected autographs and I think was into pinball machines...
razor
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by razor »

i was in the library recently and came accross this anyone dealt with Richard Shane who had a short lived Kiss Fanzine ' Kiss Destroyers' in 1981 and 1982. and did not know this . There were people running Kiss fanzines in the melbourne suburbs in 1976 to 1979. Most were handwritten and xerox photocopied.
wayfarer
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by wayfarer »

razor wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:00 pm i was in the library recently and came accross this anyone dealt with Richard Shane who had a short lived Kiss Fanzine ' Kiss Destroyers' in 1981 and 1982. and did not know this . There were people running Kiss fanzines in the melbourne suburbs in 1976 to 1979. Most were handwritten and xerox photocopied.
Wow!! Great find razor never knew of this...geez those 70s fanzines would of been primitive...
razor
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by razor »

dutch army 1979
SpaceJan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by SpaceJan »

STRIKE was great, especially when you're 13 and you're saving the big part of your packed lunch money to pay the equivalent of 35 USD for Alive Worldwide bootlegs of the side screens or some 50th generation VHS copy of Rio '83! :lol:

Sold off most of those, but in case anyone's interested DM me, got a few copies of Strike ranging from Unplugged up to the Psycho Circus era. :drunken:
Tito
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Tito »

I'm most familiar with Strike and Crazy, also have random issues of some others like Oh Yeah. From Hot In The Shade to around the time of Unplugged/the reunion was the golden era of this stuff, for me anyway.