KISS costumes website

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
cason96
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

KISS costumes website

Post by cason96 »

This website is really great and I've been on it for like the past 10 years or so, but it is really outdated and doesn't have new costumes or Eric Singer or Tommy Thayer on it. Is there another website like this one that is updated for current KISS?

Here is a link to the website: http://www.kissfanshop.de/costumesUSA.htm
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: KISS costumes website

Post by Bruce »

DAVIDYR1 is probably the guy to talk to about all that ...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139780
Miss Kitty
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Miss Kitty »

Well Eric and Tommy copied Ace and Peter's costumes. So there's no need for their costumes to be put up.
Last edited by Miss Kitty on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

Miss Kitty wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 am Well Eric and Tommy copied Ace and Peter's costumes. So there's no need for other costumes to be put up.
The EOTR outfit is as far removed from DESTROYER outfit as the DYNASTY one is. Using your logic, why put anything there at all? 🤷‍♂️
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DAVIDYR1
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by DAVIDYR1 »

Miss Kitty wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 am Well Eric and Tommy copied Ace and Peter's costumes. So there's no need for their costumes to be put up.
Oh? How interesting...I didn't know that. :lol:
Silly me just assumed that KISS has a 'look' based on 4 specific stage characters and each one was unique to himself and his history.

Not only but that 'look' is very well documented over the last (almost) 50 years - and that 'look' features evolving costume designs where sometimes old becomes new again....but really the essence and vibe of each character is brought to life by the individuals actually wearing the gear. I know, crazy concept right???

Which in this case are the Mighty Eric Singer and Sensational Tommy Thayer.

They didn't copy Ace and Peter's costumes....and let me get this out before the inevitable discussion ensues - NO ONE will ever touch the original 4! ...but what Eric and Tommy have been doing is respectfully stepping up, taking on the mantle of the Catman and Spaceman and again, respectfully doing their job night after night now for close to and over 2 decades.

Copying?? Maybe find another way to say you're still stuck in 1977....which absolutely was a phenomenal time!!!! But still....move....on....already. :)

Together with Paul and Gene, these two guys are also the reason KISS has been able to continue all this time....and honestly, this copying crap - because that's what it is, crap! - is as 'yawn' is it gets.

Sooo happy to hear that now they - 'THEY' copied the costumes too. Hahahahahahaha......
Give me a break....

David
Mike5477
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Mike5477 »

DAVIDYR1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:26 pm
Miss Kitty wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 am Well Eric and Tommy copied Ace and Peter's costumes. So there's no need for their costumes to be put up.
Silly me just assumed that KISS has a 'look' based on 4 specific stage characters and each one was unique to himself and his history.

Not only but that 'look' is very well documented over the last (almost) 50 years - and that 'look' features evolving costume designs where sometimes old becomes new again....but really the essence and vibe of each character is brought to life by the individuals actually wearing the gear. I know, crazy concept right???

They didn't copy Ace and Peter's costumes....and let me get this out before the inevitable discussion ensues - NO ONE will ever touch the original 4! ...but what Eric and Tommy have been doing is respectfully stepping up, taking on the mantle of the Catman and Spaceman and again, respectfully doing their job night after night now for close to and over 2 decades.

Copying?? Maybe find another way to say you're still stuck in 1977....which absolutely was a phenomenal time!!!! But still....move....on....already. :)

Together with Paul and Gene, these two guys are also the reason KISS has been able to continue all this time....and honestly, this copying crap - because that's what it is, crap! - is as 'yawn' is it gets.

Sooo happy to hear that now they - 'THEY' copied the costumes too. Hahahahahahaha......
Give me a break....

David
Yes! Thank you David.
FlyingInA747
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by FlyingInA747 »

That site is truly amazing in terms of the work that must have gone into doing such detailed analysis of the different outfits. It's really a shame though, that all the images are so low res.
Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

I have enjoyed looking at that site as far as costumes and tours for 20 or 30 years
doombies
Banned
Banned

Post by doombies »

does that website (or does any website) show any of the costumes and outfits worn during the non makeup era?
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

Give me a break....

David
Bravo!!!
I’m calling it; Post of the year and it’s only January! 👏
doombies
Banned
Banned

Post by doombies »

Give me a break....

David
that’s the best comeback i’ve ever seen in a long time :lol:
highvoltage1969

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Mr Slow wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:51 am
Miss Kitty wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 am Well Eric and Tommy copied Ace and Peter's costumes. So there's no need for other costumes to be put up.
The EOTR outfit is as far removed from DESTROYER outfit as the DYNASTY one is. Using your logic, why put anything there at all? 🤷‍♂️
:scratch: They're essentially the same design. That's not a slight on David's work which is uniformly and consistently excellent, but they are all variations on original Destroyer outfit which in turn was a variation on the HTH design.
cason96
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by cason96 »

doombies wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:46 pm does that website (or does any website) show any of the costumes and outfits worn during the non makeup era?
I wish it did, but no just makeup years.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:23 pm
:scratch: They're essentially the same design. That's not a slight on David's work which is uniformly and consistently excellent, but they are all variations on original Destroyer outfit which in turn was a variation on the HTH design.
Of course, but as DAVIDYR1 said, that’s kinda the point. Let’s put it this way; I suspect if it was Ace wearing the SONIC BOOM, MONSTER and EOTR costumes that Tommy has used nobody would dismiss them as copies. I think it’s the guy in the suit that is the problem for some.
Miss Kitty
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Miss Kitty »

Give me a break....

David
I wasn't born in 1977. I just pointed out that they were the same characters as Ace and Peter. Eric Carr on the other hand was the Fox, a different character.

My you're hypersensitive for just a 70's rock band. I don't get that emotionally involved in them.
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

Mr Slow wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:00 pm

Give me a break....

David
Bravo!!!
I’m calling it; Post of the year and it’s only January! 👏
Wow put some music in the background with a reader :D
highvoltage1969

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Mr Slow wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:42 pm
Of course, but as DAVIDYR1 said, that’s kinda the point. Let’s put it this way; I suspect if it was Ace wearing the SONIC BOOM, MONSTER and EOTR costumes that Tommy has used nobody would dismiss them as copies. I think it’s the guy in the suit that is the problem for some.
You're right, they probably wouldn't.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

cason96 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:46 pm This website is really great and I've been on it for like the past 10 years or so, but it is really outdated and doesn't have new costumes or Eric Singer or Tommy Thayer on it. Is there another website like this one that is updated for current KISS?

Here is a link to the website: http://www.kissfanshop.de/costumesUSA.htm
I used to look at that site all the time about 12-14 years ago. I forgot it was around tbh. I sold some Eric Carr baby/childhood photos to a guy in Europe and they soon appeared on that site. Perhaps I sold them to that moderator.
DAVIDYR1
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by DAVIDYR1 »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:37 am
Mr Slow wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:42 pm
You're right, they probably wouldn't.

First let me say that I welcome the dialogue and the difference of opinion we all might have, not everyone is going to like or love a given costume or costume era....that's just human nature, but I do believe if it had been Peter and Ace in those suits then some would not be as dismissive of them....and to clarify the EOTR Costume creation and fabrication, I only created Gene's. Not Paul's, Tommy's or Eric's.
Those are the work of the fabulous Wendy Benbrook. Wendy is a 5 time nominated, 2 time Emmy Winning Costume Maker, someone I respect immensely and a dear friend.
She's responsible for those works of art....and she has more talent in her left pinky toe than I do over all.
The EOTR Costumes are very much 'New and Fresh' looking yet still pay a very respectable nostalgic nod to the past.... :)
That's why I believe all your comments are true and relatable because to some the DESTROYER, DYNASTY and EOTR Spaceman costumes are as different as night and day, yet to others the continuity is glowingly visible.
I think that's a testament to the people that bring these all to life....and make no mistake, at the top is as always the band guiding and deciding what they want and feel to be true to and for themselves on stage.

That's why their costumes are relevant...regardless of who's behind the makeup.
It's KISS...it's all KISS.

David