Ace Frehley - Origins Vol. 2 Blue And White Vinyl (EOne Is Really Over Doing This)

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
GACatmandu
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Ace Frehley - Origins Vol. 2 Blue And White Vinyl (EOne Is Really Over Doing This)

Post by GACatmandu »

LiveToWin
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Re: Ace Frehley - Origins Vol. 2 Blue And White Vinyl (EOne Is Really Over Doing This)

Post by LiveToWin »

6000 copies? Hardly limited

rsauye
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: Ace Frehley - Origins Vol. 2 Blue And White Vinyl (EOne Is Really Over Doing This)

Post by rsauye »

And No Black Vinyl Yet

spaceace1977
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by spaceace1977 »

LiveToWin wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:20 am
Ridiculously ambitious.

Red_Walrus
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Red_Walrus »

looks great

Planet Caravan

Post by Planet Caravan »

for those that complain - No one is making you buy all the colors

drgbootz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by drgbootz »

Initial pressing

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

This is the best one so far

Admin
Gettin' Uppity

Post by Admin »

Options. I like it.

BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Oh yeah!

kiss-1976
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by kiss-1976 »

Just buy what you like. I don't mind just would be nice to have all the options to choose from at once. Easier that way.

Lofton23rdSt
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Does Ace know about these?

Rhiannon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Rhiannon »

Great way to get some album sales before the music is actually released? Can I ask, people who purchase albums which come out in different coloured vinyls etc, are you buying them to play or purely as a collectable?

The doctor
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by The doctor »

Planet Caravan wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:42 pm
YOU WILL BUY ALL OF THEM!!!

BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Rhiannon wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 pm
Great way to get some album sales before the music is actually released? Can I ask, people who purchase albums which come out in different coloured vinyls etc, are you buying them to play or purely as a collectable?
Usually, one to play and one to have signed (for each variant).

SaintN'Sinner83
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 »

E-One is out merchandising KISS. KISS didn't do much as far as offering cool variants of their last albums. Shame.

Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

Remember that the gold one also had the text on the cover in gold. So that one atleast had some thought put into it.

Spiritual_Chaos

LiveToWin wrote:
I would think that them saying it's the "core market version" - it is the "regular version"

Spiritual_Chaos

Admin wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:12 pm
Options. I like it.
The vinyl and the cover should be one vision from the art director (and whatever other creatives being involved).

One million "options" goes against that.

It turns it into tacky if one is not careful.

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:30 am
Admin wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:12 pm
Options. I like it.
The vinyl and the cover should be one vision from the art director (and whatever other creatives being involved).

One million "options" goes against that.

It turns it into tacky if one is not careful.
What a friggin Debbie Downer

Thunderous_Lay

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Options are great, but these are basically just minor variations on the exact same product, sold as collectibles

I'd pretty much guarantee that if G&P did this, they be accused of shamelessly exploiting the fan base :lol:

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:15 am
Options are great, but these are basically just minor variations on the exact same product, sold as collectibles

I'd pretty much guarantee that if G&P did this, they be accused of shamelessly exploiting the fan base :lol:
Awwww....I think someone is just jealous they can’t get no more new music from their favorite band, even thought they are “at the top of their game.”

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Nellcote71 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 am
TheSpoiler wrote:

Awwww....I think someone is just jealous they can’t get no more new music from their favorite band, even thought they are “at the top of their game.”
No, Nelly. But people - you for example - would be very quick to critique G&P if they did something like this.

We can discuss this if you can avoid defaulting to your usual playground stuff.

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:36 am
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:

No, Nelly. But people - you for example - would be very quick to critique G&P if they did something like this.

I would not criticize G&P if they did this. (I’ll criticize them for imposters and lip syncing all day long though)

And let’s be honest here - G&P would REALLY put the screws to fans and put out different versions with different bonus songs or some other crazy shit. See The Kissology series where they bent their fans over by putting out multiple versions of each release with different bonus discs.

G&P are on an entirely different level of sleaze if you ask me...

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Nellcote71 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:03 am

And let’s be honest here - G&P would REALLY put the screws to fans and put out different versions with different bonus songs or some other crazy shit. See The Kissology series where they bent their fans over by putting out multiple versions of each release with different bonus discs.

You cannot be serious Nelly. G&P are on a "different level of sleaze" by offering bonus discs with a variety of actual content, while Ace Frehley gets a free pass by selling the exact same product in a selection of different colors????

I'll take different content over different colored plastic any day of the week. :lol: :lol:

RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Monster regular edition............zine pack............3D cover...........all with the same musical content. Sonic Boom in multiple color vinyl variants.
KISS do it. Virtually every band does it. It is a smart move that boosts sales. I don't see what there is wrong here.

lespaul

Post by lespaul »

Planet Caravan wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:42 pm
exactly

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:08 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:03 am

You cannot be serious Nelly. G&P are on a "different level of sleaze" by offering bonus discs with a variety of actual content, while Ace Frehley gets a free pass by selling the exact same product in a selection of different colors????

I'll take different content over different colored plastic any day of the week. :lol: :lol:
Your post proves you don’t understand the argument

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

RisingForce wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:21 pm
Monster regular edition............zine pack............3D cover...........all with the same musical content. Sonic Boom in multiple color vinyl variants.
KISS do it. Virtually every band does it. It is a smart move that boosts sales. I don't see what there is wrong here.
It's certainly a known way to entice/encourage a hardcore fanbase to buy basically the same product several times.

As some have said above, nobody is forcing anyone to purchase multiple copies, but let's be honest - that's entirely the aim.

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:57 pm
RisingForce wrote:
but let's be honest - that's entirely the aim.
Really? Ya think Spoiler???

Holy crap :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Nellcote71 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 pm
TheSpoiler wrote:
RisingForce wrote:
but let's be honest - that's entirely the aim.
Really? Ya think Spoiler???

Holy crap :lol: :lol: :lol:
Intentional milking of the fans? Yes. Doesn't make it right.

metaldad

Post by metaldad »

LiveToWin wrote:
I’d like to be in that warehouse 6 months from now when they are all scratching thier heads Looking at 5500 hundred copies that are left
🤔

sicksickphlL
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by sicksickphlL »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:05 pm
I love you Nelly
Nellcote71 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 pm
Love you more!!
TheSpoiler wrote:
Non-stop flirting snipped...
Would you 2 lovebirds put each other on ignore already. Or get a freaking room!

battra

Post by battra »

Rhiannon wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 pm
When given the option, I will typically go for the colored variants of records. I like the idea of playing the with the media as well as the cover arts.

But I spin every single record I own.

Presnetly listening to the Dead Space on Coke Bottle vinyl.

battra

Post by battra »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:

In fairness, it's most likely EOne making these decisions without Ace.

And Kiss did this with Sonic Boom.

battra

Post by battra »

I'm seeing a lot of consternation and furrowing of brows over this release.

One of my favorite artists, James Leg, recently put out a single, There were three vinyl editions of this 7", the black, the clear vinyl with gold and black splatter (the version I have), and a clear (swear to god) sand filled edition. I paid $15 shipped for the one I have....again, he's one of my favorites, so I spend the ducats.

Sue me.

The Black Dahlia Murder released three editions of their latest LP, Verminous, in black, translucent black, and green slime FILLED...I shit you not.

In many cases, three editions of a single LP (or single apparently) is becoming more and more common. Standard, LE, and SUPER LE.

I typically buy the middle version...pay a couple extra bucks for a cooler than standard edition, but that's just me. In the end, the black version would sound just as good as the translucent version, but maybe better than the green slime or sand filled versions.... (I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK?!)

Now, BDM isn't nearly as popular as Kiss or Ace Frehley. Let's call a thing what it is. Then few bands have the collecting that comes with being a standard issue Kiss Army Soldier.

EOne is making a few extra bucks by pressing a few different versions.

Compared to the standard 3 pronged approach, it's really not that crazy.

LiveToWin
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by LiveToWin »

metaldad wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:38 pm
LiveToWin wrote:
I’d like to be in that warehouse 6 months from now when they are all scratching thier heads Looking at 5500 hundred copies that are left
🤔
When you do a limited pressing, you do 300, 500 or 1000 copies - that's limited edition.
A colored vinyl recording in 6000 copies are easy to find, and the price willl be much lower than the others.
Just take a look at records available at Discogs for mainstream released comparing to limited editions

LiveToWin
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by LiveToWin »

battra wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:30 pm
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:

Ace doesn't mind ... all he wants is $$$

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

battra wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:

Good point, but equally I can't see Frehley declining the check that follows :lol:

battra

Post by battra »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:04 am
battra wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:

Good point, but equally I can't see Frehley declining the check that follows :lol:
I woudn't expect these multiple copies do much more for Ace's money. E-One is probably already getting all of the sales monies. He gets paid up front.