Lip Sync Flub

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
User avatar
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8734
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: CSRA, SC

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by Vandelay Industries »

Frehley's Vomit wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:53 am
Diss wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 am Let's go with Roger Daltrey on the subject, a man who could easily fall back on this "non-issue" music industry standard practice:

"F*** off. Since when has lip-syncing been live? Sorry about that, but I think everyone who lip-syncs on stage in public when you pay like 75 quid to see them should be shot."
That was Elton John.
Elton John? He has one movie about him, Kiss has two. KISS WINS.
User avatar
highvoltage1969
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7291
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Crown Royal wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:54 am
Frehley's Vomit wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:53 am
Diss wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 am Let's go with Roger Daltrey on the subject, a man who could easily fall back on this "non-issue" music industry standard practice:

"F*** off. Since when has lip-syncing been live? Sorry about that, but I think everyone who lip-syncs on stage in public when you pay like 75 quid to see them should be shot."
That was Elton John.
A quick google search shows yes, indeed it was.

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hexgsXeSIhs
User avatar
Diss
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5032
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:21 am

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by Diss »

Frehley's Vomit wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:53 am
Diss wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 am Let's go with Roger Daltrey on the subject, a man who could easily fall back on this "non-issue" music industry standard practice:

"F*** off. Since when has lip-syncing been live? Sorry about that, but I think everyone who lip-syncs on stage in public when you pay like 75 quid to see them should be shot."
That was Elton John.
You're right, my bad. It was in an article about Daltrey, hence my confusion. But yeah, that was John talking about Madonna winning "best live performance."
User avatar
Diss
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5032
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:21 am

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by Diss »

*duplicate post
User avatar
Fartbone
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 16936
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles Rules!!!

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by Fartbone »

Diss wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:45 am*duplicate post
That's it. You're on my ignore list!
User avatar
Diss
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5032
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:21 am

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by Diss »

Fartbone wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:57 am
Diss wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:45 am*duplicate post
That's it. You're on my ignore list!
Screenshots or fake news.
User avatar
Fartbone
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 16936
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles Rules!!!

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by Fartbone »

Diss wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:04 am
Fartbone wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:57 am
Diss wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:45 am*duplicate post
That's it. You're on my ignore list!
Screenshots or fake news.
I'm using windows 98. It will take some time.
User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 19537
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by battra »

Much Too Soon wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 pm 44872E12-FA8F-4719-948F-29223E20E1E6.jpeg
Can anybody clue me in to what the red lines mean?

Does this mean I am ignored or not ignored?
User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13988
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by Crown Royal »

battra wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:23 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 pm 44872E12-FA8F-4719-948F-29223E20E1E6.jpeg
Can anybody clue me in to what the red lines mean?

Does this mean I am ignored or not ignored?
He puts you on ignore to take that screen shot, then immediately takes you off after
User avatar
The doctor
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1058
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:01 am

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by The doctor »

Fartbone wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:14 am
Diss wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:04 am
Fartbone wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:57 am
Diss wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:45 am*duplicate post
That's it. You're on my ignore list!
Screenshots or fake news.
I'm using windows 98. It will take some time.
https://www.virtualbox.org/
User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 19537
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by battra »

Crown Royal wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:24 am
battra wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:23 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 pm 44872E12-FA8F-4719-948F-29223E20E1E6.jpeg
Can anybody clue me in to what the red lines mean?

Does this mean I am ignored or not ignored?
He puts you on ignore to take that screen shot, then immediately takes you off after
Well that seems silly.
User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12365
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by nibbler1982 »

I do believe the red lines through the names are FAQers who are no longer with us.
User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 19537
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by battra »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 am I do believe the red lines through the names are FAQers who are no longer with us.
That is a lot of effort being put on display here by someone who doesn't care.

S'all I'm gonna say.
User avatar
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Posts: 27830
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by redinthesky »

Vandelay Industries wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 am Roger Daltrey? Who's that? Call me when he has a career as long as Kiss.
Funny that Roger Daltry came up in this thread - in September in Houston, The Who had to stop a show due to Roger's vocal issues.


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYx-QIbOB4
User avatar
Much Too Soon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1055
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by Much Too Soon »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 am I do believe the red lines through the names are FAQers who are no longer with us.
Correct brother nibs. The FaqAttaq gang must be up in arms that someone can exist without their ignorant input here.
The red lines are their fellow FaqAttaquers who I ignored that have subsequently been banned from this forum.
Proof that I can certainly pick out the losers.
The site is much more enjoyable without all of them.
The only time Im forced to read their drivel is if a non ignored poster quotes their yap.
Or refers to them.
My hope is others would follow suit and ignore and maybe curb the behavior of these trolls. Before they get banned themselves.
When one gets banned I go back and read what they post that got them banned here.
My guess is these guys are on borrowed time. But that’s not my call.
Either way this site is much more enjoyable without them.
Oh...
There are plenty of others here I disagree with that I have NOT ignored.
Said to stem the “echo chamber” comments I’m sure they will promote.

I’ll just leave this here. 🙂
C06036F6-DBB2-419A-9E53-C0D005776070.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13988
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by Crown Royal »

Spends so much time talking about the people he is "ignoring" :lol:
User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12365
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by nibbler1982 »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:15 am
Vandelay Industries wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 am Roger Daltrey? Who's that? Call me when he has a career as long as Kiss.
Funny that Roger Daltry came up in this thread - in September in Houston, The Who had to stop a show due to Roger's vocal issues.


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYx-QIbOB4
In the last few years at both MSG and Nassau Coliseum both Pete and Roger stopped the concert and pointed out people smoking, telling them to promptly stop.

Rog said the smoke will shut his voice completely.

If I remember correctly he kinda went off at the Garden.
User avatar
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8734
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: CSRA, SC

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by Vandelay Industries »

My guess is these guys are on borrowed time. But that’s not my call.
If we all got banned tomorrow (hopefully not, but you never know), 4 of the guys on your list have been fortunate enough to post here for nearly 9, 11, 13, and 14 years....and just a hunch, I've got a feeling you'll find a way to get shown the door alot sooner.
User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 15148
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by metaldad »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:36 pm
redinthesky wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:15 am
Vandelay Industries wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 am Roger Daltrey? Who's that? Call me when he has a career as long as Kiss.
Funny that Roger Daltry came up in this thread - in September in Houston, The Who had to stop a show due to Roger's vocal issues.


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYx-QIbOB4
In the last few years at both MSG and Nassau Coliseum both Pete and Roger stopped the concert and pointed out people smoking, telling them to promptly stop.

Rog said the smoke will shut his voice completely.

If I remember correctly he kinda went off at the Garden.
Yeah he did
I was at the garden and Nassau
As a matter of fact the last 3 or 4 Who shows I went to he was bitching
User avatar
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Posts: 27830
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by redinthesky »

metaldad wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:12 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:36 pm
redinthesky wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:15 am
Vandelay Industries wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 am Roger Daltrey? Who's that? Call me when he has a career as long as Kiss.
Funny that Roger Daltry came up in this thread - in September in Houston, The Who had to stop a show due to Roger's vocal issues.


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYx-QIbOB4
In the last few years at both MSG and Nassau Coliseum both Pete and Roger stopped the concert and pointed out people smoking, telling them to promptly stop.

Rog said the smoke will shut his voice completely.

If I remember correctly he kinda went off at the Garden.
Yeah he did
I was at the garden and Nassau
As a matter of fact the last 3 or 4 Who shows I went to he was bitching
Yes you guys are right I remember reading about that stuff with Roger, people smoking the good 'ol MaryJane lol like an old school Who concert.....I think vocal reasons are why Madonna (speaking of Madonna again) insists on having no a/c in the venue when she plays. That is just brutal for the fans though.
User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12365
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by nibbler1982 »

metaldad wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:12 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:36 pm
redinthesky wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:15 am
Vandelay Industries wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 am Roger Daltrey? Who's that? Call me when he has a career as long as Kiss.
Funny that Roger Daltry came up in this thread - in September in Houston, The Who had to stop a show due to Roger's vocal issues.


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYx-QIbOB4
In the last few years at both MSG and Nassau Coliseum both Pete and Roger stopped the concert and pointed out people smoking, telling them to promptly stop.

Rog said the smoke will shut his voice completely.

If I remember correctly he kinda went off at the Garden.
Yeah he did
I was at the garden and Nassau
As a matter of fact the last 3 or 4 Who shows I went to he was bitching
Yeah, no doubt.

The only one in recent years he didn’t was at Jones Beach this summer. Although my mind wasn’t on the show.

Right before they went on I got the news the the immortal Ric Ocasek just died.

HUGE Cars fan.

Broke my heart.
User avatar
spiritof76
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:43 pm

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by spiritof76 »

Much Too Soon wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:28 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 am I do believe the red lines through the names are FAQers who are no longer with us.
Correct brother nibs. The FaqAttaq gang must be up in arms that someone can exist without their ignorant input here.
The red lines are their fellow FaqAttaquers who I ignored that have subsequently been banned from this forum.
Proof that I can certainly pick out the losers.
The site is much more enjoyable without all of them.
The only time Im forced to read their drivel is if a non ignored poster quotes their yap.
Or refers to them.
My hope is others would follow suit and ignore and maybe curb the behavior of these trolls. Before they get banned themselves.
When one gets banned I go back and read what they post that got them banned here.
My guess is these guys are on borrowed time. But that’s not my call.
Either way this site is much more enjoyable without them.
Oh...
There are plenty of others here I disagree with that I have NOT ignored.
Said to stem the “echo chamber” comments I’m sure they will promote.

I’ll just leave this here. 🙂
C06036F6-DBB2-419A-9E53-C0D005776070.jpeg
A foes list.

:lol: :lol:
User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 15148
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by metaldad »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:26 pm
metaldad wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:12 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:36 pm
redinthesky wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:15 am
Vandelay Industries wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 am Roger Daltrey? Who's that? Call me when he has a career as long as Kiss.
Funny that Roger Daltry came up in this thread - in September in Houston, The Who had to stop a show due to Roger's vocal issues.


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYx-QIbOB4
In the last few years at both MSG and Nassau Coliseum both Pete and Roger stopped the concert and pointed out people smoking, telling them to promptly stop.

Rog said the smoke will shut his voice completely.

If I remember correctly he kinda went off at the Garden.
Yeah he did
I was at the garden and Nassau
As a matter of fact the last 3 or 4 Who shows I went to he was bitching
Yeah, no doubt.

The only one in recent years he didn’t was at Jones Beach this summer. Although my mind wasn’t on the show.

Right before they went on I got the news the the immortal Ric Ocasek just died.

HUGE Cars fan.

Broke my heart.
I got ya
🍻
User avatar
NHKISSFAN
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Re: Lip Sync Flub

Post by NHKISSFAN »

Saw the WHO in Manchester NH maybe 5 or 6 years ago and they had big “Smoking not allowed in the venue” images posted on screens above the stage and named a designated smoking area in a suite, but someone wouldn’t listen. Half a dozen songs in you could see Roger Daltrey’s hand go to his throat and he and Pete came together onstage. Daltrey pointed out the person or area in the crowd and Townsend went to the mic and was mad as hell and said something along the lines of “I’m an old man now but if this was 30 years ago I’d come down there and kick your ass!” Daltrey did what he could but his voice was really shot. It did make for an amazing moment late in the show when he did go for it on the big scream on Won’t Get Fooled Again. The place absolutely erupted in support. Pretty sobering to think someone’s selfish action fairly ruined the show for thousands.
Post Reply