Bill Burr mentions KISS

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Post Reply
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Spiritual_Chaos » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 am

Bill Burr mentions KISS:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KHmQCe03s

User avatar
Kissologist
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12100
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:35 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Kissologist » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm

Had to Google who is Bill Burr.
After find out, now I don't care his opinion on KISS :alien:

Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:11 pm

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Velvis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:46 pm

Kissologist wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm
Had to Google who is Bill Burr.
After find out, now I don't care his opinion on KISS :alien:
He is really funny.

User avatar
Allamericanman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Rockin' in the U.S.A.

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Allamericanman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Now I wanna know the 3 most difficult songs on the planet. :wink:

User avatar
caligari
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3734
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:36 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by caligari » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:38 pm

Weak & predictable.

User avatar
THUNDERKISS66
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1800
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 10:38 am
Location: New York

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by THUNDERKISS66 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:42 pm

F***, Bill Burr🎃🤮

User avatar
Starkiller1980
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Starkiller1980 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:12 pm

Velvis wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:46 pm
Kissologist wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm
Had to Google who is Bill Burr.
After find out, now I don't care his opinion on KISS :alien:
He is really funny.
He's one of the greatest. and a decent drummer too.

User avatar
ZachAttack
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2293
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Branvold's Head

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by ZachAttack » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:23 pm

What has this Bill Burr guy ever done besides being one of the biggest and most successful comedians on the planet?

User avatar
AceInTheHole
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by AceInTheHole » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:48 pm

ZachAttack wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:23 pm
What has this Bill Burr guy ever done besides being one of the biggest and most successful comedians on the planet?
I also saw him in "The Mandalorian" (Great Show) this past 1st season. Hope he shows up in Season 2.

User avatar
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8556
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: CSRA, SC

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Vandelay Industries » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Bill Burr is one of the best comedians around. I've actually heard him say some complimentary things about Kiss before, so he was probably just in the mood to stir some shit on that YouTube clip (and judging by a few reactions here, I'd say mission accomplished).

Jack Carter
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Jack Carter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:30 pm

Bill Burr is great, but even if he totally hated KISS - that would have zero impact on me. I am capable of still liking anyone who may not like KISS or who even shit on KISS and think they are terrible. It's not a requirement that other people in entertainment have to love KISS for me to be a fan of them and I don't understand why some KISS fans get upset when someone calls KISS out in a negative capacity.

User avatar
SaintN'Sinner83
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 19486
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Outta This World...while Inside the Vortex.

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:51 pm

Bill Burr is a gem. Hilarious no-bullshitter. A true Boston guy.

Relax, people. They're just jokes. You may not give a fuck what he thinks - but he doesn't give a fuck right back.

And God bless him for it.

User avatar
Sssnakester
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4116
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Sssnakester » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:48 am

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:51 pm
Bill Burr is a gem. Hilarious no-bullshitter. A true Boston guy.

Relax, people. They're just jokes. You may not give a fuck what he thinks - but he doesn't give a fuck right back.

And God bless him for it.
Yep. Exactly.

User avatar
gappvembe
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:49 am
Location: MI

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by gappvembe » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:42 am

I like Bill. Seen him live once... in a church. He, like the opening comedian, made a point of it being the strangest venues they have done.
Anyway:

He mentioned Gene in this [From 06-20-11]:

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/5/3/55366a8 ... 0630346579

@ 1:01 to about 1:07

He's not kind there either. :lol:

This happened in 2015 though:
https://www.grammymuseum.org/events/det ... ne-simmons
Image

User avatar
ZachAttack
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2293
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Branvold's Head

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by ZachAttack » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:39 am

gappvembe wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:42 am
I like Bill. Seen him live once... in a church. He, like the opening comedian, made a point of it being the strangest venues they have done.
Anyway:

He mentioned Gene in this [From 06-20-11]:

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/5/3/55366a8 ... 0630346579

@ 1:01 to about 1:07

He's not kind there either. :lol:

This happened in 2015 though:
https://www.grammymuseum.org/events/det ... ne-simmons
Image


That whole "if their music was any good they wouldn't have to wear makeup and costumes" argument is the dumbest thing ever. Literally every band wears a costume, but when Angus Young or Freddie Mercury does it, it's okay for some reason? If their music wasn't any good they would have just disappeared in the 70s. You can't have a 40+ year long career solely on face paint

Jack Carter
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Jack Carter » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 am

ZachAttack wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:39 am
gappvembe wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:42 am
I like Bill. Seen him live once... in a church. He, like the opening comedian, made a point of it being the strangest venues they have done.
Anyway:

He mentioned Gene in this [From 06-20-11]:

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/5/3/55366a8 ... 0630346579

@ 1:01 to about 1:07

He's not kind there either. :lol:

This happened in 2015 though:
https://www.grammymuseum.org/events/det ... ne-simmons
Image


That whole "if their music was any good they wouldn't have to wear makeup and costumes" argument is the dumbest thing ever. Literally every band wears a costume, but when Angus Young or Freddie Mercury does it, it's okay for some reason? If their music wasn't any good they would have just disappeared in the 70s. You can't have a 40+ year long career solely on face paint
To be fair, KISS would have been dropped early in their career if it wasn't for the makeup and stage show. Alive! would have never happened.

You also can't compare KISS to Queen or AC/DC - they are deemed far more respectable musically than KISS.

Poison absolutely sucks and they have been around for 34 years, so longevity doesn't always mean quality.

User avatar
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8556
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: CSRA, SC

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Vandelay Industries » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:00 am

ZachAttack wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:39 am
gappvembe wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:42 am
I like Bill. Seen him live once... in a church. He, like the opening comedian, made a point of it being the strangest venues they have done.
Anyway:

He mentioned Gene in this [From 06-20-11]:

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/5/3/55366a8 ... 0630346579

@ 1:01 to about 1:07

He's not kind there either. :lol:

This happened in 2015 though:
https://www.grammymuseum.org/events/det ... ne-simmons
Image


That whole "if their music was any good they wouldn't have to wear makeup and costumes" argument is the dumbest thing ever. Literally every band wears a costume, but when Angus Young or Freddie Mercury does it, it's okay for some reason? If their music wasn't any good they would have just disappeared in the 70s. You can't have a 40+ year long career solely on face paint
While I like Kiss, Queen, and AC/DC, nostalgia is still a hell of a drug...

User avatar
Mackemkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2109
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Mackemkiss » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:18 am

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:51 pm
Bill Burr is a gem. Hilarious no-bullshitter. A true Boston guy.

Relax, people. They're just jokes. You may not give a fuck what he thinks - but he doesn't give a fuck right back.

And God bless him for it.
I agree. I like Bill!
Mind you he doesn't make any jokes about KISS there...just says they suck.

User avatar
gene therapist
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3681
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:32 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by gene therapist » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:28 am

Fuck and motherfucker, said the man with an unpleasantly abrasive tone, probably in an attempt to sound "cool". Well, 30 seconds apparently is the max I can stand this Bill Burr guy, whoever the fuck the motherfucker is.

User avatar
Youwantedthebest88
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:41 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Youwantedthebest88 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 am
Bill Burr mentions KISS:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KHmQCe03s
Um... Ok. KISS is a band, and this Bill guy is a guy, they both exist in the same world. They can talk about eachother if they want to. Not such a big deal really, considering no ones heard of him.

User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 18041
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by battra » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:58 pm

ZachAttack wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:39 am
That whole "if their music was any good they wouldn't have to wear makeup and costumes" argument is the dumbest thing ever. Literally every band wears a costume, but when Angus Young or Freddie Mercury does it, it's okay for some reason? If their music wasn't any good they would have just disappeared in the 70s. You can't have a 40+ year long career solely on face paint
Yet if you ask folks here what would happen if they took facepaint off....

Answers are similar to playing 1500 seaters.

No make up in the 80's and half the 90's....

Not many fans in the audience.

Hearing how die hard fans get overtly turned on by their make up...

I like their music, I do, but the general public doesn't care about it. They care about the face paint.

User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 18041
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by battra » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:00 pm

Youwantedthebest88 wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 am
Bill Burr mentions KISS:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KHmQCe03s
Um... Ok. KISS is a band, and this Bill guy is a guy, they both exist in the same world. They can talk about eachother if they want to. Not such a big deal really, considering no ones heard of him.
Who the hell is this guy???

Image

Weird how he got onto The Mandalorian...dude no one's heard of...on one of the biggest shows in the world.

Strange.

:)

(NOTE: To all the folks saying no one's heard of him, please remove the phrase no one and add in the word I.)

God he was great in The Mandalorian.

Fucking amazingly good.

User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Spiritual_Chaos » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Youwantedthebest88 wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 am
Bill Burr mentions KISS:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KHmQCe03s
Um... Ok. KISS is a band, and this Bill guy is a guy, they both exist in the same world. They can talk about eachother if they want to. Not such a big deal really, considering no ones heard of him.
The "I don't even know who he is" sourpussing is the best kind of sourpussing.

User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 18041
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by battra » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:09 pm
Youwantedthebest88 wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 am
Bill Burr mentions KISS:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KHmQCe03s
Um... Ok. KISS is a band, and this Bill guy is a guy, they both exist in the same world. They can talk about eachother if they want to. Not such a big deal really, considering no ones heard of him.
The "I don't even know who he is" sourpussing is the best kind of sourpussing.
Kiss fans showing their knowledge of the world around them. :)

I didn't know his name, but I damn sure know his face.

User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Spiritual_Chaos » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:19 pm

ZachAttack wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:23 pm
What has this Bill Burr guy ever done besides being one of the biggest and most successful comedians on the planet?
He's said funny thing about Eddie Vedder:

"I hated Eddie Vedder's stupid 'I'm in a trance on purpose' face"

"He sits there. And he has his arms up and his wrists were all limp and he's making those faces ON FUCKING PURPOSE!"

"...Vitalogy I liked... WHEN HE STOPPED MAKING THOSE FACES!"

"You know what he was like? He was like Mel Gibson in the first Lethal Weapon when he was fucking acting like he was suicidal and it was so awful they had to make him stop"

User avatar
Rabant777
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:48 am
Location: The People's Republic of Yorkshire

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Rabant777 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:22 pm

Some people just make the world feel like a shittier place.

Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 22774
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Anomaly » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:23 pm

battra wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:15 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:09 pm
Youwantedthebest88 wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 am
Bill Burr mentions KISS:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KHmQCe03s
Um... Ok. KISS is a band, and this Bill guy is a guy, they both exist in the same world. They can talk about eachother if they want to. Not such a big deal really, considering no ones heard of him.
The "I don't even know who he is" sourpussing is the best kind of sourpussing.
Kiss fans showing their knowledge of the world around them. :)

I didn't know his name, but I damn sure know his face.
My favorite line of logic I've ever seen on this board has always been "X person does not like KISS, therefore I do not like X person." :lol:

God, I remember folks falling over themselves heaping praise on Lady Gaga.

User avatar
Tommyr
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7397
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:48 am
Location: NY

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Tommyr » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:56 pm

Kissologist wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm
Had to Google who is Bill Burr.
After find out, now I don't care his opinion on KISS :alien:
Bill is one funny mofo! LOVE his comedy.

User avatar
Tommyr
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7397
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:48 am
Location: NY

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Tommyr » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Add "Free bird" and "25 or 6 to 4" to the list. Holy shit I hate those songs. I got SO sick of playing the drums to them back in the day. FUCK THOSE SONGS!

User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Spiritual_Chaos » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:22 am

Mentions KISS here again at 56 minutes


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWCqPj7dDNo

User avatar
Potato Salad
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 752
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:35 am
Location: Oak Park, IL
Contact:

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Potato Salad » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:46 am

His takedown of Philadelphia is one of the best things I've ever seen.

User avatar
Tommyr
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7397
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:48 am
Location: NY

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by Tommyr » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:02 am

Potato Salad wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:46 am
His takedown of Philadelphia is one of the best things I've ever seen.
He was on fire during that! LOL!

User avatar
AceInTheHole
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 am

Re: Bill Burr mentions KISS

Post by AceInTheHole » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:06 am

Tommyr wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 pm
Add "Free bird" and "25 or 6 to 4" to the list. Holy shit I hate those songs. I got SO sick of playing the drums to them back in the day. FUCK THOSE SONGS!
I agree. In High School a very very long time ago I played guitar but also played 1st Trumpet in the school band. We ALWAYS had to friggin' play "25 or 6 to 4"! Why? I don't know but the whole friggin' band used to HATE it! To this day I can not and will not listen to that song.

I was a great trumpet player but one day I noticed that the hot girls would hang around with the guitar players and not the trumpet nerds. So I stopped playing trumpet and did the guitar full time. :D

Post Reply