© (P) 1988 Mercury/PolyGram Records. © 2014, The Island Def Jam Music Group. "Amazon" is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. "iTunes" is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
SMASHES, THRASHES AND HITS (1988)
Mercury/PolyGram 836-427-1/2/4 (USA, 11/16/1988)
A1. Let's Put The X In Sex (3:48) - Stanley/Child | LYRICS
(USA #97, 1/14/89; AUZ #48)
A2. (You Make Me) Rock Hard (3:26) - Stanley/Child/Warren | LYRICS
(USA 12/88, did not chart)
A3. Love Gun (Remix) (3:21) - Stanley | LYRICS
A4. Detroit Rock City (Remix) (3:45) - Stanley/Ezrin | LYRICS
A5. I Love It Loud (Remix) (3:37) - Simmons/Cusano | LYRICS
A6. Deuce (Remix) (3:18) - Simmons | LYRICS
A7. Lick It Up (3:53) - Stanley/Vincent
B1. Heaven's On Fire (3:19) - Stanley/Child
B2. Calling Dr. Love (Remix) (3:38) - Simmons | LYRICS
B3. Strutter (Remix) (3:38) - Simmons/Stanley | LYRICS
B4. Beth (Eric Carr Vocal) (2:46) - Criss/Penridge/Ezrin | LYRICS
B5. Tears Are Falling (3:54) - Stanley
B6. I Was Made For Lovin' You (4:29) - Stanley/Child/Poncia
B7. Rock And Roll All Nite (Remix) (2:56) - Simmons/Stanley | LYRICS
B8. Shout It Out Loud (Remix) (3:07) - Simmons/Stanley/Ezrin | LYRICS
01. Let's Put The X In Sex (3:48) - Stanley/Child
02. Crazy Crazy Nights (3:45) - Stanley/Mitchell
03. (You Make Me) Rock Hard (3:26) - Stanley/Child/Warren
04. Love Gun (Remix) (3:31) - Stanley
05. Detroit Rock City (Remix) (3:45) - Stanley/Ezrin
06. I Love It Loud (Remix) (2:44) - Simmons/Cusano
07. Reason To Live (3:59) - Stanley/Child
08. Lick It Up (3:53) - Stanley/Vincent
09. Heaven's On Fire (3:19) - Stanley/Child
10. Calling Dr. Love (3:38) - Simmons
11. Strutter (Remix) (3:38) - Simmons/Stanley
12. Beth (2:46) - Criss/Penridge/Ezrin
13. Tears Are Falling (3:54) - Stanley
14. I Was Made For Lovin' You (4:29) - Stanley/Child/Poncia
15. Rock And Roll All Nite (Remix) (2:56) - Simmons/Stanley
16. Shout It Out Loud (Remix) (3:07) - Simmons/Stanley/Ezrin
New album tracks produced by Paul Stanley. Recorded at Right Track Studios, New York City, NY, and at The Townhouse, London, England in June 1988. For other credits see original releases. The US version of the album had 15 tracks versus 16 on the UK version, with "Crazy Crazy Nights" and "Reason to Live" replacing "Deuce." The album was also released as a picture disc in gate-fold sleeve with subtitle "15 Years of KISStory".
No substitutions/extras currently known.
Chart Peak (USA): #21 (1/21/89) with 27 weeks on charts. Other countries: CAN #53; SWE #30; SWZ #29.
"Smashes, Thrashes, & Hits" was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA on 2/1/89 and Double Platinum on 2/26/96. It has sold over 831,000 copies since the SoundScan(r) era commenced in 1991. In terms of official RIAA recognition, this is the highest selling album of the non-originals era. The album was certified gold by the CRIA (Canada) for sales of 50,000 copies on 11/30/88 and platinum on 2/22/89.
None of the new studio songs from this album have been performed by KISS in full electric concert. "Let's Put the 'X' in Sex" was performed during the Konvention tour, once famously with a little girl on lead vocals (in a kind of sick and perverted way). Paul also performed the song during his 1989 solo tour.
Inner Dust Sleeve: Front |
Center Rings: USA