These EOTR crowds. My god.

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Ikons
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: These EOTR crowds. My god.

Post by Ikons » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:05 am

Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:28 am
Ikons wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:20 am
Speaking of American crowds, why the hell is everyone lined up in neat rows on the floor section in the US? Here it's just a big mass of people and it adds to the energy in the room.
Because it's Seated Floors and not General Admission..?
My question was why are there chairs on the floor to begin with. Are people really going to sit through a KISS concert on the floor?

Spiritual_Chaos
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Spiritual_Chaos » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:32 am

Ikons wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:05 am
Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Ikons wrote:
Speaking of American crowds, why the hell is everyone lined up in neat rows on the floor section in the US? Here it's just a big mass of people and it adds to the energy in the room.
My question was why are there chairs on the floor to begin with. Are people really going to sit through a KISS concert on the floor?
Seems to be the tradition in bigger venues in the US. Not unheard of in Sweden either -- Neil Young, Bob Dylan, The Who - I've seen them all with seated floors here in Sweden.

And some places you are forced to have seated (like when Pearl Jam played the colosseum in Verona)

Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Crown Royal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:32 pm

AlmostHuman56 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:25 pm
Seats are easy to fill when you have to slash ticket prices. This won't be now 3 year tour for sure!
I think the three-year tour comment was based in part on wishful thinking. If there was demand for them to come back to markets a second time then it may well have stretched close to a three-year tour. As of now, it looks like that demand for return engagements isn't there. They are doing very well for the single show they are playing in the cities they've hit so far.

Maybe there will be a groundswell of demand to hit markets again. But s of now, it looks like the "three year tour" comment was a swing for the fences, and they didn't connect.

Time will tell.

soeuropean
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by soeuropean » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Elton’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road is three years long. Paul was just taking a leaf out of that book I imagine. If he believes he’s on the same level as Elton John or it was just hype, who knows.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farewel ... Brick_Road

BlackDiamond67
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BlackDiamond67 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 pm

Crown Royal wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:07 am
BlackDiamond67 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:20 am
So, a current trending sentiment by a few knuckle-dragging Neanderthals:
THIS is the shit that needs to go
Well, at least you know your role.

BlackDiamond67
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BlackDiamond67 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:06 pm

Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:08 am
BlackDiamond67 wrote:
So, a current trending sentiment by a few knuckle-dragging Neanderthals: “Real fans don’t attend KISS live shows, especially their final tour”.

How much one must twist themselves into a pretzel to present, and subscribe to, this logic.
What would be the biggest sign of a Neanderthal:

1. Choosing not to go a live show they happen to feel is pointless

or

2. Believing that youtube compression can show Ace missing words and playing badly that he in reality did not do.
Yoooo Toooob.

BlackDiamond67
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BlackDiamond67 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:06 pm

Crown Royal wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 am
6ftallamericanman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:06 am
BlackDiamond67 wrote:
So, a current trending sentiment by a few knuckle-dragging Neanderthals: “Real fans don’t attend KISS live shows, especially their final tour”.

How much one must twist themselves into a pretzel to present, and subscribe to, this logic.
THIS 100% :salut: :salut: :salut:
Stay Classy
Stay sassy.

RockSoldier52
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by RockSoldier52 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 pm

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:46 am
soeuropean wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:43 am
It’s casuals man.
No.

It's just the way US audiences are. No matter how small or how large the crowds - I've never been to a lively US show where people had much energy. Go to a club show for a band with a die hard following and it's the same thing.

Even at a KISS show, I'm pretty quiet.
The arena shows have terrible energy in the US, so do outdoor gigs. The last show I went to that had crazy high energy was a sold out NYE show for The Black Keys in Chicago 2010. American audiences (over the last 10+ years) treat rock shows like a movie. They don't realize it goes both ways. If you feed the band energy, they will return it in an even greater form.

redinthesky

Post by redinthesky » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 pm

Crown Royal wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:32 pm
AlmostHuman56 wrote:
Seats are easy to fill when you have to slash ticket prices. This won't be now 3 year tour for sure!
I think the three-year tour comment was based in part on wishful thinking. If there was demand for them to come back to markets a second time then it may well have stretched close to a three-year tour. As of now, it looks like that demand for return engagements isn't there. They are doing very well for the single show they are playing in the cities they've hit so far.

Maybe there will be a groundswell of demand to hit markets again. But s of now, it looks like the "three year tour" comment was a swing for the fences, and they didn't connect.

Time will tell.
Since so much of the crowd are 'casual' fans, it seems the crowd really doesn't care much that this is the "last" time they can maybe see Kiss. It's just another night out, big show, makeup, some songs they know. Many real fans are staying home obviously, since so many of the crowd are those casuals. And even Kiss themselves knew the demand would be limited as they left no room for additional nights in any city really. This is why Kiss is going to have to give people a reason to want to come again, and that's where Ace will come in, way down the line. Logically, that's really the only play Kiss has left if they want to make a big additional run of the major markets next year.

Shawn71
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Shawn71 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 pm

Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:32 am
Ikons wrote:
Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Ikons wrote:
Seems to be the tradition in bigger venues in the US. Not unheard of in Sweden either -- Neil Young, Bob Dylan, The Who - I've seen them all with seated floors here in Sweden.

And some places you are forced to have seated (like when Pearl Jam played the colosseum in Verona)
Not tradition. General Admission or Festival seating is not allowed in many places.

Ace Fury

Post by Ace Fury » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Kiss is a gimmick band. They put on a show. They're an easy band to talk someone into going to see. (Key word is SEE) Most of us here have a favorite era or eras and are fans of the music. But It's not like we're talking about Billy Joel or Elton John. It's KISS. They blow shit up, one guy flys, or breathes fire, they've got a cat, a spaceman, you can take your kids....

They don't need Ace. Lol and I love Ace. But come on. That train left the station a long time ago. 20 years back. His coming back wouldn't mean anything.

And like many here. I've talked to people who call themselves big Kiss fans and had no idea Tommy wasn't Ace. It's unbelievable I know, but I have had to explain to people based on what year they saw them it wasnt Ace...but in fact Tommy.

One funny side note. My daughter when she was 7 or 8 came into my office and I'd been watching a lot of early KISS live concerts at one point. I then had on a Tommy show I think from Rock Am Ring one random day and she goes "what happened to him??"

I nearly shit it was so funny. So a kid with NO intetest in KISS can tell it wasn't Ace but adults who are fans of KISS can't.

Ace ain't coming back.

Spiritual_Chaos
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Spiritual_Chaos » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:51 am

redinthesky wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 pm
Crown Royal wrote:
AlmostHuman56 wrote:

Time will tell.
Since so much of the crowd are 'casual' fans, it seems the crowd really doesn't care much that this is the "last" time they can maybe see Kiss. It's just another night out, big show, makeup, some songs they know. Many real fans are staying home obviously, since so many of the crowd are those casuals. And even Kiss themselves knew the demand would be limited as they left no room for additional nights in any city really. This is why Kiss is going to have to give people a reason to want to come again, and that's where Ace will come in, way down the line. Logically, that's really the only play Kiss has left if they want to make a big additional run of the major markets next year.
Ace in the band would not fill up an arena that wouldn't sell out normally. No chance. It's not a bigger thing - for the masses - than the "farewell" card.

KF73
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KF73 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:29 am

Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:51 am
Ace in the band would not fill up an arena that wouldn't sell out normally. No chance. It's not a bigger thing - for the masses - than the "farewell" card.
I gotta agree with this. Maybe it would put a few more asses in seats but nothing significant.

metaldad

Post by metaldad » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:20 am

Shawn71 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Ikons wrote:
Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Ikons wrote:

Not tradition. General Admission or Festival seating is not allowed in many places.
It started with The Who in Cincinnati
That was awful

redinthesky

Post by redinthesky » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:29 am

Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:51 am
redinthesky wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 pm
Crown Royal wrote:
AlmostHuman56 wrote:

Time will tell.
Respectfully I couldn't disagree more. It's simply logical IMO. Since so much of the crowd are "casual" music fans seeing Kiss for the first time as a night out they won't repeat, that means countless hard rock and real Kiss fans are avoiding this tour. So the return of another original member who is one of hard rock's most iconic guitarists would IMO definitely bring many of the actual fans of the band back. IMO that's why Kiss didn't bring back Ace from the beginning. They are smart guys, they're holding their "Ace" card for when it's needed the most. Wait and see.

Ace Fury

Post by Ace Fury » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:18 am

The Ace card would best be played without make up on stools in theaters. Not being snarky but the sad thing is unplugged I personally think Ace couldn't hide the fact his skills have diminished so much.

He might be sober but he isn't practicing enough to play a 90 minute unplugged set. It barely works for Gene or Kiss as a perk with other crap thrown in. The cruise, a meet and greet 3 song fadoodle, a vault experience. They've got enough discipline now to do a live show. Thats about it. Enjoy EOTR or EOTR ii.
Last edited by Ace Fury on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ludzil

Post by ludzil » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:24 am

Di3go wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:09 am
Of course not Kiss, but always a perfect example

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AJYusGcF5M
That’s awesome.

Eddie Van Hazel

Post by Eddie Van Hazel » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:56 am

Ace Fury...I agree with everything you've said.

BeholderFan
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by BeholderFan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:40 am

When I saw the band in Louisville, KY, the crowd appeared to be dead, and uninspired. It was the same when I saw The Who at the same arena, the KFC Yum Center in 2016. The crowd for that band as well was not very lively. I know Kentucky is more of a country western type of state, but WOW.

AxlisKing
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by AxlisKing » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:14 pm

soeuropean wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:21 pm
Elton’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road is three years long. Paul was just taking a leaf out of that book I imagine. If he believes he’s on the same level as Elton John or it was just hype, who knows.

Elton sold out 4 shows in Chicago, and I believe has sold out every show he's played so far on his tour, with prices as high as Kiss' ...even Paul wouldn't be that ridiculous to believe his band is on that level.

soeuropean

Post by soeuropean » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:48 pm

AxlisKing wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:14 pm
soeuropean wrote:

Elton sold out 4 shows in Chicago, and I believe has sold out every show he's played so far on his tour, with prices as high as Kiss' ...even Paul wouldn't be that ridiculous to believe his band is on that level.

BEWM!

KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm

BeholderFan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:40 am
When I saw the band in Louisville, KY, the crowd appeared to be dead, and uninspired. It was the same when I saw The Who at the same arena, the KFC Yum Center in 2016. The crowd for that band as well was not very lively. I know Kentucky is more of a country western type of state, but WOW.
I was at the Louisville show and although I was a little under the weather it seemed the crowd around me and when I actually looked around the arena were having a good time. Granted I was watching the band and the show the majority of the time but no complaints whatsoever.

BeholderFan
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by BeholderFan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:56 pm

KISSTRONAUT wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm
BeholderFan wrote:
I was at the Louisville show and although I was a little under the weather it seemed the crowd around me and when I actually looked around the arena were having a good time. Granted I was watching the band and the show the majority of the time but no complaints whatsoever.
I guess, I was judging from where I was sitting, which was front row, and it was kind of quiet where I was sitting. Thanks for your input. The Who concert I attended though, where I was sitting much further back, near the back of the arena, THAT crowd was definitely not as lively.

KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:58 pm

BeholderFan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:56 pm
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm
BeholderFan wrote:
I guess, I was judging from where I was sitting, which was front row, and it was kind of quiet where I was sitting. Thanks for your input. The Who concert I attended though, where I was sitting much further back, near the back of the arena, THAT crowd was definitely not as lively.
To paraphrase John Lennon, I think the people upfront just jingle their jewelry. ;)

caveyspice
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by caveyspice » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:10 pm

AxlisKing wrote:
soeuropean wrote:

In Australia, Elton’s scheduled shows Vs Kiss are almost 4:1
November will see Kiss perform 7 shows.
In December 2019 through to January 2020, Elton John will perform 26 shows here.

Forevertj

Post by Forevertj » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:46 pm

caveyspice wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:10 pm
AxlisKing wrote:
soeuropean wrote:

In December 2019 through to January 2020, Elton John will perform 26 shows here.

Elton John isn't the artist you think he is. If it wasn't for Bernie Taupin, no one would have ever heard of Elton John. Not a slam at all, just an observation.

soeuropean

Post by soeuropean » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:01 am

What a stupid thing to say. There’s no QUESTION that Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics to his most popular songs. And a handful of other ones - We Built This City by Starship and These Dreams by Heart, two number one songs for other artists. Alice Cooper From the Inside etc.

It’s not a secret, and he doesn’t try to downplay Bernie or say he wrote everything themselves.

“Isn’t the artist you think he is” ??

Watch the Two Rooms documentary from the early 90s, the whole thing is presented like they’re a total partnership. Elton even says if anything Bernie had more success without Elton than Elton had without Bernie. (Which was arguably true at the time but probably not after The Lion King etc. But whatever)

What a bizarre sentiment.

If it wasn’t for McCartney no one would have heard of Lennon. If it wasn’t for Simmons no one would have heard of Stanley. The list goes on. Frey and Henley. You make it out like it’s some sort of conspiracy from Elton.

Are you cheesed off because Elton’s farewell tour is doing four times as many shows in each city as KISS’ is, and they’ve all been sold out for six months in advance? I can’t understand the animosity otherwise.

Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:24 am

Forevertj wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:46 pm
caveyspice wrote:
AxlisKing wrote:
soeuropean wrote:

Elton John isn't the artist you think he is. If it wasn't for Bernie Taupin, no one would have ever heard of Elton John. Not a slam at all, just an observation.
And if it wasn't for Neil Bogart you wouldn't have heard of KISS. Every band has that one person in their story that, without them, would have probably meant a much different history for the band in question if that person was never in the picture

Forevertj

Post by Forevertj » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Crown Royal wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:24 am
Forevertj wrote:
caveyspice wrote:
AxlisKing wrote:
soeuropean wrote:

And if it wasn't for Neil Bogart you wouldn't have heard of KISS. Every band has that one person in their story that, without them, would have probably meant a much different history for the band in question if that person was never in the picture

Kiss would have made it regardless of Bogart or Aucoin. They had the talent and the fierce desire to make an unlike Elton, they wrote their own songs in the beginning.

metaldad

Post by metaldad » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Forevertj wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:29 pm
Crown Royal wrote:
Forevertj wrote:
caveyspice wrote:
AxlisKing wrote:
soeuropean wrote:

Kiss would have made it regardless of Bogart or Aucoin. They had the talent and the fierce desire to make an unlike Elton, they wrote their own songs in the beginning.
Nope
No Aucoin = No Kiss
Alice Cooper already existed

Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:08 am

Forevertj wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:29 pm
Crown Royal wrote:
Forevertj wrote:
caveyspice wrote:
AxlisKing wrote:
soeuropean wrote:

LOL, you're really reaching now

J-Lefty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by J-Lefty » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:47 am

Shawn71 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Ikons wrote:
Spiritual_Chaos wrote:
Ikons wrote:

people spending $200 to $1K a ticket want an actual seat. Can't blame them. No one is moshing at a KISS show.