Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: EOTR 2019 - Mar. 13, Detroit, MI

Post by Crown Royal »

aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

torgotheme wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 pm My brother shares his shawarma nachos with Eric, Gene and Ace.
Detroit pre-show, 3/13/19

IMG_0674b.jpg
Wow those guys might have the best make-up and KISS costumes I have ever seen. Very well done. Awesome photo. I Love that Eric is being remembered.
torgotheme
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by torgotheme »

aceshigh wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:59 am
torgotheme wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 pm My brother shares his shawarma nachos with Eric, Gene and Ace.

IMG_0674b.jpg
Wow those guys might have the best make-up and KISS costumes I have ever seen. Very well done. Awesome photo. I Love that Eric is being remembered.
Those guys were great! I got a bunch of video footage of people freaking out at the sight of them and having photo ops. I'll upload it to YouTube when I get some time!
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

torgotheme wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 am

IMG_0674b.jpg
Those guys were great! I got a bunch of video footage of people freaking out at the sight of them and having photo ops. I'll upload it to YouTube when I get some time!
It was just the three of them, no "Paul"?
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Tito wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:33 am

IMG_0674b.jpg
I noticed that too. I would assume that no one really wants to shave their abs..
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by acefan1975 »

aceshigh wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:53 am [
I noticed that too. I would assume that no one really wants to shave their abs..
[/quote]

:D :D :D
torgotheme
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by torgotheme »

Tito wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:33 am

IMG_0674b.jpg
It was just the three of them, but at one point, a costumed Paul came around, and people were getting photos with the 4 of them.
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

Crown Royal wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:06 am
KISSTRONAUT wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:33 pm All these posters if you would have asked them after the Farewell Tour if KISS would have carried on this successfully all these years later without Ace & Pete they would have never believed they could have done it.
In 2019 KISS is on another successful tour selling out arenas and cities. What do those same posters do? They look for any negative thing to say.
It would be nice if you guys could address the issue at hand for once. But it seems that's too difficult, you're just too emotionally connected to the band.

Very odd, to be honest.

I said the show may well sellout by show time. I also said it's strange KISS could not do two nights in, of all cities, Detroit.

You see, it's possible to see both the good and not-so-good in certain situations.

But if someone isn't drooling over all things KISS, 24/7, some of you go into defensive mode, and attack the poster.
Again KISS still rocking and rolling in 2019. They went past the “reunion” with 2 new members and have put out 2 new studio albums and several successful tours. There isn’t anything left to say or prove. KISS has won. They have always won.
I’m a fan of the band baby. I’ve no allegiance to any one member or era. Fans come and go. I’ve been following them since 1976. Everything from here on out is icing on the cake.
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

KISSTRONAUT wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:33 pm All these posters if you would have asked them after the Farewell Tour if KISS would have carried on this successfully all these years later without Ace & Pete they would have never believed they could have done it.
In 2019 KISS is on another successful tour selling out arenas and cities. What do those same posters do? They look for any negative thing to say.
It would be nice if you guys could address the issue at hand for once. But it seems that's too difficult, you're just too emotionally connected to the band.

Very odd, to be honest.

I said the show may well sellout by show time. I also said it's strange KISS could not do two nights in, of all cities, Detroit.

You see, it's possible to see both the good and not-so-good in certain situations.

But if someone isn't drooling over all things KISS, 24/7, some of you go into defensive mode, and attack the poster.
Agreed Crown Royal. I've never intentionally tried to attack anyone on here personally that I'm aware of and if I did again it was unintentional. I've defended myself when someone named Evo9999 said I would make an arse of myself for questioning the members of Kiss regarding the lip syncing, etc. But to me that does not define attacking. It's ok to be a fan of Kiss. I'm a fan of Kiss, but I'm not a fan of the current state of affairs and the past 15 years (although I enjoy listening to Sonic Boom). Just as many on here find it puzzling that there are so many posters who are negative (I define my posts as realistic not negative), I find it astounding that there are so many posters on here who defiantly defend the band no matter what even when there are numerous examples and proven facts of Kiss blatantly lying and misleading its fans. The reason many of us are upset with Kiss is based on the reasons we fell in love with the band in the first place are now being contradicted by the founders of the band itself. The state of the band today totally goes against the foundation it was built on in the beginning.
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by acefan1975 »

cchevela1023 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:48 am Here was the set list. I went in with no expectations and walked out a very happy customer. The show is big, bombastic and fun. What a way to go out!

DRC
Shout it Out Loud
Deuce
Say yeah
I love it loud
Heavens on fire
War machine
Lick it Up
Calling Dr love
100000 years with drum solo
Cold gin
Guitar solo
God of thunder
Psycho circus
Let me go rock and roll
Love gun
I was made for loving you
Paul solo
Black diamond
Beth
Do you love me
Rock and roll all night
I must admit I was thinking they might pull out something special in Detroit. Guess not.
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

Crown Royal wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:37 am Article that talks in part about the experience of The Price is Right winner

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainme ... 155348002/
Thanks for the link. Saw the winner in the pit for the show and was wondering who he was.
Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Evo999 »

ftjr1974 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:26 am

Very odd, to be honest.

Agreed Crown Royal. I've never intentionally tried to attack anyone on here personally that I'm aware of and if I did again it was unintentional. I've defended myself when someone named Evo9999 said I would make an arse of myself for questioning the members of Kiss regarding the lip syncing, etc. But to me that does not define attacking. It's ok to be a fan of Kiss. I'm a fan of Kiss, but I'm not a fan of the current state of affairs and the past 15 years (although I enjoy listening to Sonic Boom). Just as many on here find it puzzling that there are so many posters who are negative (I define my posts as realistic not negative), I find it astounding that there are so many posters on here who defiantly defend the band no matter what even when there are numerous examples and proven facts of Kiss blatantly lying and misleading its fans. The reason many of us are upset with Kiss is based on the reasons we fell in love with the band in the first place are now being contradicted by the founders of the band itself. The state of the band today totally goes against the foundation it was built on in the beginning.
If you read the thread I said that anyone who would walk to to someone they dont' know and start criticizing them for their opinions is rude. You would be making an arse of yourself. Buying someone albums or merch doesn't give anyone the right to do that. That's just weird fan shit.

I didn't say you are an arse or anything else but if you did it (which you never will since the opportunity well never arise), well that's what the behaviour would be. I was more pointing out that everyone is brave beyond the anonymity of a keyboard - real life - not so much. The Ace Frehley birthday party was a tremendous example of that.

If you took it as a personal attack I apologize but I did not agree with that opinion, and I still don't. Perhaps I worded it poorly.

The circular arguments by those who criticize the band heavily and then get upset when someone disagrees with them just as strongly is confusing to me. On one hand you are told to suck it up and deal with different options and then when you express an opinion strongly, it's a personal attack. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I guess everyone's the same but two sides of the coin. See what I did there.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Evo999 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:06 pm

I guess everyone's the same but two sides of the coin.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

acefan1975 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:42 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 pm Nice job KISS Army Detroit!!!
How do they get a giant banner printed up that fast?
They probably had it printed a while ago.

It wouldn't have cost much money and in the event the show didn't sell out or come close to selling out they just wouldn't use it.
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

Evo999 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:06 pm
ftjr1974 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:26 am

Very odd, to be honest.

If you read the thread I said that anyone who would walk to to someone they dont' know and start criticizing them for their opinions is rude. You would be making an arse of yourself. Buying someone albums or merch doesn't give anyone the right to do that. That's just weird fan shit.

I didn't say you are an arse or anything else but if you did it (which you never will since the opportunity well never arise), well that's what the behaviour would be. I was more pointing out that everyone is brave beyond the anonymity of a keyboard - real life - not so much. The Ace Frehley birthday party was a tremendous example of that.

If you took it as a personal attack I apologize but I did not agree with that opinion, and I still don't. Perhaps I worded it poorly.

The circular arguments by those who criticize the band heavily and then get upset when someone disagrees with them just as strongly is confusing to me. On one hand you are told to suck it up and deal with different options and then when you express an opinion strongly, it's a personal attack. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I guess everyone's the same but two sides of the coin. See what I did there.
Apology accepted and I apologize as well.
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

i wanted to go, but sadly i had surgery the morning of the show. this really hurt.
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

scotty_rhoads wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:50 pm i wanted to go, but sadly i had surgery the morning of the show. this really hurt.
The surgery or missing the show ;). Seriously hope you’re okay and I understand your frustration.
torgotheme
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by torgotheme »

Photo ops with Kiss, without the extreme expense!!
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

KISSTRONAUT wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:00 pm
scotty_rhoads wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:50 pm i wanted to go, but sadly i had surgery the morning of the show. this really hurt.
The surgery or missing the show ;). Seriously hope you’re okay and I understand your frustration.
:lol: a little of both.
FlamingRuth

Post by FlamingRuth »

scotty_rhoads wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:26 pm
Get well!
Maybe you can catch a show on the second leg. 8)
Kissologist
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Kissologist »

torgotheme wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Photo ops with Kiss, without the extreme expense!!
What a GREAT video :)
It really reminds you the joy to be a KISS fan :)
Thanks for sharing! :thumleft:
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

FlamingRuth wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 pm
scotty_rhoads wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:26 pm
Get well!
Maybe you can catch a show on the second leg. 8)

i'll try, thank you! its just killing me there tickets in the 2nd level over $150 and theres 4 shows within 2 hours of me. :cry:
dynastybjr
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dynastybjr »

Some pics I took at the Detroit show...
Attachments
IMG_9134.jpg
IMG_9143.jpg
IMG_9148.jpg
IMG_9158.jpg
IMG_9161.jpg
IMG_9185.jpg
IMG_9211.jpg
IMG_9225.jpg
IMG_9229.jpg
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

dynastybjr wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:39 am Some pics I took at the Detroit show...

8)