EOTR 2019 - Feb. 9, Sacramento, CA

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

EOTR 2019 - Feb. 9, Sacramento, CA

Post by Admin »

Plan meetups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Re: EOTR 2019 - Feb. 9, Sacramento, CA

Post by Admin »

The KISSFAQ will be attending this show and handing out free commemorative event buttons...
2018-12-18 04.17.21.jpg
69th_B1izard
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by 69th_B1izard »

Admin wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:19 am The KISSFAQ will be attending this show and handing out free commemorative event buttons...

2018-12-18 04.17.21.jpg
yay!
richardsimmons
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ KIZZ-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

Hope to see you fellas at the gig!
Jboogie913
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Jboogie913 »

Taking my son to his 1st big show, it's also my 1st time seeing Kiss & I've been a fan since I was 8, I'm.now 48, It's taken me awhile .. can't wait to see my kids face. I've told him nothing other than it's a weekend getaway from the Bay area up to Sacto. I'm going to say there's a Kiss tribute band playing and go from there. I'm seeing the negativity but for me at this stage I dont mind a greatest hits review although the lip synching part is hard to swallow. I've been a big Prince fan for yrs & saw him play over 40x at Paisley park , big venues & aftershows so the bar is really high. I know either way my son will have his mind blown & for me thats what it's all about.
richardsimmons

Post by richardsimmons »

Jboogie913 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:52 pm Taking my son to his 1st big show, it's also my 1st time seeing Kiss & I've been a fan since I was 8, I'm.now 48, It's taken me awhile .. can't wait to see my kids face. I've told him nothing other than it's a weekend getaway from the Bay area up to Sacto. I'm going to say there's a Kiss tribute band playing and go from there. I'm seeing the negativity but for me at this stage I dont mind a greatest hits review although the lip synching part is hard to swallow. I've been a big Prince fan for yrs & saw him play over 40x at Paisley park , big venues & aftershows so the bar is really high. I know either way my son will have his mind blown & for me thats what it's all about.
This rocks! #1 parent of 2019.

I’m Also making the trip from the City/peninsula. Very excited. Cheers!
RonSwanson
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by RonSwanson »

Admin wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:19 am The KISSFAQ will be attending this show and handing out free commemorative event buttons...

2018-12-18 04.17.21.jpg
I'll be there to see them for the 17th time since 1977. I'm bringing my 8 year old twins for their first show who are turning 9 exactly one month after the Sac show. Where can we meet to get the event buttons? Thanks!
Jboogie913
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Jboogie913 »

Same here, the button the button whose got the button? Can't wait for tomorrow!
G6O6A6T
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by G6O6A6T »

Anybody know if the opening painter is going to be in Sac?

There is a yard house and some bbq joint nearby , anyone grabbing beers preshow ?
RonSwanson
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by RonSwanson »

Yes, the painter is opening tomorrow night; he lives in Sacramento.
NelvinHigby
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by NelvinHigby »

2018-12-18 04.17.21.jpg
i'll be there tomorrow! how can i get one?
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Find me! Floor Section 2 Row H. Or at Sauced BBQ beforehand. Maybe drinks at Punch Bowl Social afters.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Another shockingly full venue this evening. Again, remaining seats left are in the hundreds. The California shows are turning out to be far from the projections of initial sales.
Attachments
2B5BD839-6BA0-4FDD-B195-2204E3B796BA.jpeg
08647094-CCB1-4AD6-8FF9-782DE2928E7F.jpeg
Shawn71
Banned

Post by Shawn71 »

Admin wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:38 pm Find me! Floor Section 2 Row H. Or at Sauced BBQ beforehand. Maybe drinks at Punch Bowl Social afters.
Curious to know your thoughts on your second show. I think I enjoyed mine even more than Vancouver.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

The above screenshots were attached to the wrong thread. Those two diagrams were of the Fresno show, not Sacramento, which are now being shown below.

It’s funny, the song remains the same. Even though this date had initially sold fairly well, all the California concerts were soft out the gate. Like the rest, they’ve all filled up to near capacity. As you can see from the interactive maps, just about the only tickets that are available are the extra added rear/side stage sections. Nice job KISS Army Sacramento.
Attachments
5074EE74-DA26-4858-B471-D331EE46A98D.jpeg
E8DE01CD-B5C4-48CB-A5F4-54A1931CD81D.jpeg
Jboogie913
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Jboogie913 »

Can't wait to see the Kiss Army in person! I'm 48 & have admired this fan base from afar. This night should be a great one !
tazchris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tazchris »

That is great the attendance has been great for these California shows. I thought initially that they may have booked too many shows in California, and that half of them may be a bust. The fans came through, and I was glad to be wrong. The better the tour does the better the chances of dates being added. That is my only hope in catching them one last time.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

tazchris wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:19 pm That is great the attendance has been great for these California shows. I thought initially that they may have booked too many shows in California, and that half of them may be a bust. The fans came through, and I was glad to be wrong. The better the tour does the better the chances of dates being added. That is my only hope in catching them one last time.
I’m shocked they moved all of those seats after the way initial sales went. I’m sure some form of papering was involved, but it was a good job either way. The boxscores will tell the final story when it’s all said and done.
kevsdad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by kevsdad »

The last time they played an arena in Sacramento was 2009. Arco arena our old place, most of the upper deck was curtained off. Paul even made the statement t it was their smallest crowd on the tour at that point. Nice to see it’s going to be a full house tonight.
I’ll be there to for my 17th and likely my last.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Interesting show tonight...
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

Admin wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm Interesting show tonight...
Did something out of the ordinary take place?
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Just a very different feel from Vancouver. Very relaxed.
Shawn71
Banned

Post by Shawn71 »

Admin wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:34 am Just a very different feel from Vancouver. Very relaxed.
I noticed the same thing in Tacoma after seeing them in Vancouver. Opening night nerves I guess.
kevsdad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by kevsdad »

What a great show! The energy was outstanding, they sounded tight and the new stage is amazing. I’d put this right there with the Reunion Tour and HITS Tour.

A couple notes:
-Gene had a couple issues with the crew. He had to ask for fog before he breathed fire and they put way too much so we couldn’t see him. He had to wait for it to clear
-After spitting blood he said “ give me white spot light mother fucker! Asshole’s been on tour with us for 20 years and still doesn’t get it, bitch I know where you live.”
-Tommy was on fire. On point and really letting it go.
- Eric was much more aggressive, lots of fills and frills
- Full house, packed
- We were really close to the stage Paul flies to, it really sways a lot whe he’s on it. Amazing balance with those boots.
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

kevsdad wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 am What a great show! The energy was outstanding, they sounded tight and the new stage is amazing. I’d put this right there with the Reunion Tour and HITS Tour.

A couple notes:
-Gene had a couple issues with the crew. He had to ask for fog before he breathed fire and they put way too much so we couldn’t see him. He had to wait for it to clear
-After spitting blood he said “ give me white spot light mother fucker! Asshole’s been on tour with us for 20 years and still doesn’t get it, bitch I know where you live.”
- Full house, packed
- We were really close to the stage Paul flies to, it really sways a lot whe he’s on it. Amazing balance with those boots.
There was also Gene’s torch sword where he breathes fire then proceeds to throw it into the box on stage where it would stick, Well, this time he threw it but it bounced back out and flipped onto the stage to his left.
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

69th_B1izard wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:42 am
kevsdad wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 am What a great show! The energy was outstanding, they sounded tight and the new stage is amazing. I’d put this right there with the Reunion Tour and HITS Tour.

A couple notes:
- Full house, packed
There was also Gene’s torch sword where he breathes fire then proceeds to throw it into the box on stage where it would stick, Well, this time he threw it but it bounced back out and flipped onto the stage to his left.
Gene Simmons has been saying the spotlight thing for years. Not at every show, but enough times for me to question the authenticity of it. Is it a part of the show to give Gene more bravado and to show off his authority? I mean we are talking about Gene's ego after all lol. I highly doubt Kiss would employ someone 20 years for continuous mistakes.
sagedrummer
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by sagedrummer »

I preferred it when he did the blood spitting with the platform elevated like he did in Vancouver. Now he dies or on the ground and then goes up. I thought it looked very cool when he was up in the air and had the lighting pods behind him.
richardsimmons

Post by richardsimmons »

Last night’s gig was fun. IMO they played I Love It Loud, War Machine, Do You Love Me, & (surprisingly) Black Diamond the best live.

IWMFLY was the low point of the gig. The lip syncing is so obvious it’s pretty sad. Say Yeah also sucks. Everything about it. Merch spread looked lame. All t shirts $50 & crappy current designs, except a throwback Creatures/10 Year Anniversary Tour shirt. But honestly, buy a cooler bootleg online for $20 or $25. Sorry P&G.

I’m glad the band & crew were alright with the minor fire-related issues. All in all I had a lot of fun for 2 hours & got my $77 worth for sure! Was so cool shooting the shit with fans young & old, diehard & casual throughout the day in the old west saloon, Starbucks, arcade, in line for the concert, etc. Kiss Army presence was strong through out Sac & it was a very positive experience overall.

Trying to decide if I should buy tickets for Oakland in September 2019, &/or wait for a NYC MSG show in 2020 & plan my next trip around that. Time (& wallet) will tell!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kiss/201 ... 527a2.html
RonSwanson
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by RonSwanson »

I thought it bounced off of his chest and then went to his left. The stage had a small part still on fire after the tech took the torch and box off. Paul walked over and stomped it out. I videoed it and will take a look later. Interestingly, the usher told everyone going to the lower bowl to turn their cell phones off and to not use them at any time during the show. It's not a venue requirement but the band's. How would they police this? Everyone had theirs on.
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Thanks for the updates/info!
Jboogie913
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Jboogie913 »

Terrific show ! Took my son & we were blown away . It's worth going for just the theatrics alone. We were in RW C sec 119 & could feel the heat each time the pyros were used. Seeing Genes demon persona in person was terrifying & exhilarating at the same time, well done sir! Paul played the rock star frontman to the hilt as only he can. Was I mistaken or did Paul reference the lip synching during the tail end of the drum solo /100,000 yrs? You can see it on youtube
RonSwanson
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by RonSwanson »

Bummer that tour books sold out, and I couldn't get one. I can't find one online for a reasonable price, so I'm toying with the idea of flying from Sacramento to LA next Saturday just to buy a tour book (also to catch the best instance of a Kiss show I've ever seen). Should I? Dare I? Anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel in the area?
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by acefan1975 »

RonSwanson wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:25 pm Bummer that tour books sold out, and I couldn't get one. I can't find one online for a reasonable price, so I'm toying with the idea of flying from Sacramento to LA next Saturday just to buy a tour book (also to catch the best instance of a Kiss show I've ever seen). Should I? Dare I? Anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel in the area?
You're going to fly from Sac to LA, buy another ticket, and a tourbook, and are worried about a reasonably priced online tourbook?
RonSwanson
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by RonSwanson »

acefan1975 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:31 am
RonSwanson wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:25 pm Bummer that tour books sold out, and I couldn't get one. I can't find one online for a reasonable price, so I'm toying with the idea of flying from Sacramento to LA next Saturday just to buy a tour book (also to catch the best instance of a Kiss show I've ever seen). Should I? Dare I? Anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel in the area?
You're going to fly from Sac to LA, buy another ticket, and a tourbook, and are worried about a reasonably priced online tourbook?
Yeah, I'm like that :) It's the principle of it....someone hoarded tour books to make a profit. Plus, I'd also be able to see the show again. Anyone know if they're coming around to Reno?