Question about Vault Meet and Greet experience

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Rhiannon
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Question about Vault Meet and Greet experience

Post by Rhiannon »

I am doing the Vault Eperience here in Australia next month and have a question for anyone who has done it already? Do you get a chance to talk with Gene on a personal level about any Kiss related topics etc or is it him purely talking to you about the vault, signing stuff etc in your 5-10 minutes you have with him!

I would like to ask him some kiss related questions, but dont want to get my experience shut down early if i ask too many!
LoveGuns

Re: Question about Vault Meet and Greet experience

Post by LoveGuns »

You can talk to him about whatever you want. You start the conversation and you talk about anything. Thats the great thing about the Vault experience. Gene is yours for those few minutes
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

Awesome, have a few Kiss music related questions i hope he will answer for me :D
spaceace1977
Banned

Post by spaceace1977 »

One thing you should not except is the original selling point "Take all the time you need with Gene...15, 20 minutes!"

You'll get a guy wearing sunglasses not looking at you in the eye, a fistbumb, 90 seconds and a photo.

Great deal!
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

spaceace1977 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:12 am One thing you should not except is the original selling point "Take all the time you need with Gene...15, 20 minutes!"

You'll get a guy wearing sunglasses not looking at you in the eye, a fistbumb, 90 seconds and a photo.

Great deal!
Is this what happened to you?
spaceace1977
Banned

Post by spaceace1977 »

Rhiannon wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:05 pm
spaceace1977 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:12 am One thing you should not except is the original selling point "Take all the time you need with Gene...15, 20 minutes!"

Great deal!
Endless YT vids of the complete experience and podcasts reveal after the first couple, these became "all business"

Get in, Get out in less than 3 minutes.
elway2k
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by elway2k »

spaceace1977 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Great deal!
Endless YT vids of the complete experience and podcasts reveal after the first couple, these became "all business"

In other words, no that didn't happen to him because he didn't go. I would expect around 5 minutes with Gene depending on how your conversation goes. Unfortunately there were a few whiners who made the Vault experience more structured. They decided to cry because other events, and experiences, were not the same as theirs. Well unfortunately they got their wish.
spaceace1977
Banned

Post by spaceace1977 »

elway2k wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Great deal!

In other words, no that didn't happen to him because he didn't go. I would expect around 5 minutes with Gene depending on how your conversation goes. Unfortunately there were a few whiners who made the Vault experience more structured. They decided to cry because other events, and experiences, were not all the same. Well they got their wish.
Gene is absolutely not giving anyone 5 minutes of one on one time anymore. I'm simply stating 100% fact. The joke is, this was sold as one thing and the current structure is just not that.
elway2k
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by elway2k »

spaceace1977 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:08 pm
elway2k wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Great deal!

In other words, no that didn't happen to him because he didn't go. I would expect around 5 minutes with Gene depending on how your conversation goes. Unfortunately there were a few whiners who made the Vault experience more structured. They decided to cry because other events, and experiences, were not all the same. Well they got their wish.
Gene is absolutely not giving anyone 5 minutes of one on one time anymore. I'm simply stating 100% fact. The joke is, this was sold as one thing and the current structure is just not that.
Like I said, the online whiners ruined it
Smeddie
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Smeddie »

I had my experience in Stockholm, June 1st. Clocked my time with the demon from video and it was 4 minutes and 34 seconds. Unfortunantely I was doing the talking, even interrupting Gene when he tried to tell me something and WAY to nervous to pick up on good conversation points. For instance he asked me and my wife how long we'd been married and I told him 7 years but that we'd been together for over 30 years. Gene replied "oh wow, that sounds familiar" as of course him and Shannon has a very similar story. We got married a month after them. Could've developed into an interesting conversation IF I JUST PICKED UP ON IT! But waaaay to nervous so I just went "bla bla bla, biggest fan, bla bla bla, soundtrack of my life, bla bla bla, this was my first Kiss record" .. well you get it.

When I review the video I can see where Gene just shrugs and thinks to himself, "oh well, I'll let this looney do the talking" ..
kmints5723
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by kmints5723 »

It’s amazing to me the absolute rubbish on this “FAN SITE”
No wonder I’m never here.
Most negative posts are from the Battra/Spaceace1977 types who never attended, listen to the mind blowing 166 songs yet give false info.
I’ve been to a Vault Experience in January and in May and both times have been like Smeddie’s Experience but with more input from Gene.
I’ve never saw a promo which stated I could have all the time in the world with Gene. Nope! I’ve read 5 min and 2 items signed. Both times I was with Gene for about 6 minutes. I asked him questions and he answered very eloquently. I was never told my time was up. Nope!
jojo319
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by jojo319 »

I actually got a really good tip when I went to the one in Chicago by one of his handlers. He said if you just start gushing over how big of a fan you are, he pretty much tunes you out because he’s heard it a million times. But if you talk to him about something interesting he will sit and talk to you forever. The friend I was with was talking to Gene about a friend of his who had cancer, Gene seemed genuinely concerned. He asked about his diagnosis, when he was diagnosed, what his prognosis is, and then he recorded a personal video for him. So long story short, if you have something interesting to talk about, you’ll get more time with Gene. That’s what we are told, and that’s what happened.
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

jojo319 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 pm I actually got a really good tip when I went to the one in Chicago by one of his handlers. He said if you just start gushing over how big of a fan you are, he pretty much tunes you out because he’s heard it a million times. But if you talk to him about something interesting he will sit and talk to you forever. The friend I was with was talking to Gene about a friend of his who had cancer, Gene seemed genuinely concerned. He asked about his diagnosis, when he was diagnosed, what his prognosis is, and then he recorded a personal video for him. So long story short, if you have something interesting to talk about, you’ll get more time with Gene. That’s what we are told, and that’s what happened.
Thanks for the tip.
battra
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by battra »

kmints5723 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:00 am It’s amazing to me the absolute rubbish on this “FAN SITE”
Most negative posts are from the Battra/Spaceace1977 types who never attended, listen to the mind blowing 166 songs yet give false info.
I’ve been to a Vault Experience in January and in May and both times have been like Smeddie’s Experience but with more input from Gene.
I’ve never saw a promo which stated I could have all the time in the world with Gene. Nope! I’ve read 5 min and 2 items signed. Both times I was with Gene for about 6 minutes. I asked him questions and he answered very eloquently. I was never told my time was up. Nope!
I spread false info on the Vault?

That's news to me. I do post negative opinions on the vault, but that's because I have a negative opinion.

Mind blowing 166 songs?
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

battra wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:57 am Mind blowing 166 songs?
Not all of them, but certainly many. But it's all subjective, so ultimately matters not a damn what other people think about what you think.

That other chap trashing the board. LOL, OK.

We've provided a ton of coverage on the Vault Experiences. I attended two. Had press access for another. Vastly positive. The people who bang on this site/forum usually grasp a very fleeting moment to buttress their preconceived notion. Don't like it here. Don't come here! Don't read the one public forum if it irritates your hemorrhoids so much. Stay in your safe place!
battra

Post by battra »

Admin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:39 am
Not all of them, but certainly many. But it's all subjective, so ultimately matters not a damn what other people think about what you think.
I cannot imagine anyone having 166 MINDBLOWING songs that have sat around for decades, much less the author of No, No, No.... ;)

MY OPINION: The Vault is something that was never of any interest to me at any price point, real or imagined, and that wouldn't change regardless of whose name was in front of those two words.

My opinion of the value of this set is well known, so there's no need to rehash that now. I just have no interest in paid meet and greets. ...

Except one...

John 5 had one for $500 that includes a guitar. Jokingly, i asked my wife if I could do that and she said, depends on when it falls....so, I mean, I want a second guitar anyway... :)
DonkeyKong
Banned

Post by DonkeyKong »

battra wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:52 am
Admin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:39 am
I cannot imagine anyone having 166 MINDBLOWING songs that have sat around for decades, much less the author of No, No, No.... ;)

MY OPINION: The Vault is something that was never of any interest to me at any price point, real or imagined, and that wouldn't change regardless of whose name was in front of those two words.

My opinion of the value of this set is well known, so there's no need to rehash that now. I just have no interest in paid meet and greets. ...

Except one...

John 5 had one for $500 that includes a guitar. Jokingly, i asked my wife if I could do that and she said, depends on when it falls....so, I mean, I want a second guitar anyway... :)
Why do you visit this thread then? Low IQ or selfesteem? Why bother writing if not interested in the Vault and only baseing your opinion on YTvideos? Wait you are one of those basementnerds voicing your opinion wanting to make this world a better place by your negative vibes...sorry :arrow:
DonkeyKong
Banned

Post by DonkeyKong »

kmints5723 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:00 am It’s amazing to me the absolute rubbish on this “FAN SITE”
Those are basementnerds in their 40-50´s still living with mom sitting by there CPU in the basement thinking what they write matters.
I have too visited a Vault experience and it was awesome and Gene was great, the staff he brought with him were great and the Vault itself was everything you expected.
These guys (or trolls) are clueless in their opinions based on what they have read and seen on youtube and are whining because they cant buy it themselves. :mrgreen:
AxlisKing
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AxlisKing »

How many of these have been cancelled now? I just read that Denver was cancelled today.
6ftallamericanman
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by 6ftallamericanman »

DonkeyKong wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:39 pm
Those are basementnerds in their 40-50´s still living with mom sitting by there CPU in the basement thinking what they write matters.
I have too visited a Vault experience and it was awesome and Gene was great, the staff he brought with him were great and the Vault itself was everything you expected.
These guys (or trolls) are clueless in their opinions based on what they have read and seen on youtube and are whining because they cant buy it themselves. :mrgreen:
THIS 100% :salut: :cheers: My vault experience was a blast and I highly recommend it
crazytights
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by crazytights »

FFS!

7/22/18- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
7/24/18- Frankfurt, Germany
*7/25/18- Frankfurt, Germany (CANCELLED)
*8/4/18- San Antonio, TX (CANCELLED)
*8/12/18- Seattle, WA (CANCELLED)
*8/19/18- Costa Mesa, CA (CANCELLED)
*8/22/18- San Francisco, CA (CANCELLED)
8/28/18- Adelaide, Australia
8/30/18- Melbourne, Australia
8/31/18- Sydney, Australia
9/1/18- Brisbane, Australia
9/4/18- Tokyo, Japan
*9/16/18- New Haven, CT (CANCELLED)
*9/25/18- Washington, DC (CANCELLED)
*9/26/18- New York City, NY (CANCELLED)
*9/30/18- Denver, CO (CANCELLED)
10/6-7/18- Sweetwater Studio, Fort Wayne, IN
*10/10/18- Portland, OR (CANCELLED)
*10/13/18 - Minneapolis, MN (CANCELLED)
11/1-5/18- KISS Kruise
*11/7/18- Orlando, FL (CANCELLED)
*11/9/18- San Diego, CA (CANCELLED)
12/01/18 - Los Angeles, CA
12/02/18- Las Vegas, NV
battra

Post by battra »

DonkeyKong wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:20 pm Why do you visit this thread then? Low IQ or selfesteem? Why bother writing if not interested in the Vault and only baseing your opinion on YTvideos? Wait you are one of those basementnerds voicing your opinion wanting to make this world a better place by your negative vibes...sorry :arrow:
Why do I visit this thread?

Because I'm reading about it.

I never said I wasn't interested in the whole circus around the Vault. I find that fascinating really.

YouTube videos? My opinions are usually based on my experiences personally.

Basementnerd? I dunno where you live, but in South St. Louis, our basements are kind of like dungeons. I only go down there to get my lawnmower or do my laundry.

Make the world a better place with my negative vibes? *You're* the one throwing around insults and being negative here, DK. Me? My passion is spreading around great, new music.

:)
battra

Post by battra »

DonkeyKong wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:39 pm
Just whom are you trying to convince?
AxlisKing
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AxlisKing »

crazytights wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:09 pm FFS!

9/4/18- Tokyo, Japan
11/1-5/18- KISS Kruise
12/02/18- Las Vegas, NV
I had no intention of buying this and will never rip on anyone for buying something that makes them happy. However, it is ridiculous for Gene to add all of these dates and cancel a ton of them for 'schedule issues'. He cancelled New Orleans a week before, screwing people who had flights and hotels. It's obvious that it didnt sell well in some cities because they're straight cancelled and not rescheduled, but that's on him. Even if only 5 people bought it, it's his duty to show up and follow through. It's even more silly that they're offering to ship them to these people for the same price as the 'experience', considering a lot of people justify the price because of said 'experience'.
GACatmandu
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by GACatmandu »

crazytights wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:09 pm FFS!

9/4/18- Tokyo, Japan
11/1-5/18- KISS Kruise
12/02/18- Las Vegas, NV
Where did this list come from? I just checked the Gene Simmons Vault site, and it looks like all the dates are still up, and there is no Fort Wayne, Indiana date.
AxlisKing
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AxlisKing »

The only US cities on the Vault site available for sale are LA and Vegas. Fort Wayne is a 2 day thing with the Vault included.
crazytights
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by crazytights »

AxlisKing wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 am
I had no intention of buying this and will never rip on anyone for buying something that makes them happy. However, it is ridiculous for Gene to add all of these dates and cancel a ton of them for 'schedule issues'. He cancelled New Orleans a week before, screwing people who had flights and hotels. It's obvious that it didnt sell well in some cities because they're straight cancelled and not rescheduled, but that's on him. Even if only 5 people bought it, it's his duty to show up and follow through. It's even more silly that they're offering to ship them to these people for the same price as the 'experience', considering a lot of people justify the price because of said 'experience'.
Spot on. He was supposedly meeting the fans at his own expense (lol) but when push came to shove , any event that was not breaking even was cancelled and stuff those who have in some cases gone into debt to fund travel and accomodation.

Sickening for those affected.
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

spaceace1977 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:12 am One thing you should not accept is the original selling point "Take all the time you need with Gene...15, 20 minutes!"

Great deal!

First of all...FTFY.

Next, you have no idea what the hell you’re talking about.
spaceace1977
Banned

Post by spaceace1977 »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:06 am
spaceace1977 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:12 am One thing you should not accept is the original selling point "Take all the time you need with Gene...15, 20 minutes!"

Great deal!

First of all...FTFY.

Next, you have no idea what the hell you’re talking about.
First of all, you didn't fix shit for me.

Secondly, every YT clip/podcast wrap-up confirms EXACTLY what I stated is how these experiences are.

But really this discussion is pointless since he cancelled 90% of his US dates.
DonkeyKong
Banned

Post by DonkeyKong »

Gene shook my hand, looked me in the eyes and talked and answered my questions so nooo, you don´t know shit.